|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chelsea living now?
(d) New England.
2. After Ethel comes into the house, what do she and Norman do?
(a) Turn on the t.v.
(b) Make up the beds with linens.
(c) Remove the cloths from the furniture.
(d) Make a cup of tea.
3. Who is on the phone when it rings?
(b) No one.
(c) Norman's brother.
(d) The operator.
4. What is the best description of the living room?
(b) Filled to overflowing with junk.
(c) Tidy and organized.
5. Who is knocking on the door?
(b) The neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Miss Appley last week?
2. What has Ethel been doing?
3. What is the job of the character Ethel meets in the woods?
4. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
5. In the story that Ethel tells about when the character in question #26 was young, what was he carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ethel say about the neighbors and what is Norman's response?
2. Who visits Norman and Ethel and what do they leave there?
3. Describe the interaction between Ethel and Norman in this scene and say what you think it may mean.
4. How does the broken screen door come into play again and how does it give the reader a better understanding of Norman's character?
5. What other elderly couple is mentioned in this scene and what does Ethel say about them?
6. Another bit of conversation at the end of this scene is indicative of a recurrent theme of this play. Describe the conversation and briefly say what the theme is you think it is bringing up.
7. Who is Charlie and what is a little about his life and/or history?
8. Describe the scene and conversation about Elmer.
9. Describe Ethel and a little about her.
10. What question does Norman ask Charlie and what is the implication of Charlie's answer?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)