|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman's response to the idea of Chelsea and Bill sharing a bedroom?
(a) Hell, no, not in his house.
(b) Only if they agree not to have sex.
(c) If they want to share a room, rent a sleazy motel.
(d) There is only a twin bed in each bedroom, so it'd be pretty difficult.
2. For what does Billy go into the kitchen?
(a) To make pancakes for everyone as a surprise.
(b) A sack of cookies.
(c) To find his dad.
(d) A glass of orange juice.
3. What does Ethel lament about when Norman comes into the room?
(a) That her best dress has shrunk.
(b) That she has not yet dressed for dinner.
(c) That Bill Ray is a dentist and not a medical doctor.
(d) That their son is not there to celebrate.
4. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
(d) Proper English.
5. What financial question does Norman ask Bill?
(a) Whether to invest in a new technology company.
(b) How much Bill charges for fillings.
(c) How much money Bill nets per year.
(d) Whether Bill intends to support Chelsea so she can quit her job.
6. Who doubts what he says he saw?
7. What surprises Billy about the lake cottage?
(a) That it has a computer with internet access.
(b) That it has electricity.
(c) That it is so cool even with no air conditioning.
(d) That it has indoor plumbing.
8. What book does Norman suggest that Billy read?
(a) Star Wars.
(b) Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Where the Red Fern Grows.
9. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
(b) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
(c) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
(d) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
10. With what does Ethel replace the food Billy has in his hand?
(a) Sandwiches, milk and raspberries.
(c) Two protein shakes.
(d) Pizza from the night before.
11. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him about girls.
(b) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
(c) Norman tells him old stories.
(d) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
12. What does Ethel worry about regarding Norman and Billy?
(a) That Norman will get angry at Billy and have a heart attack.
(b) That Norman is working Billy too hard.
(c) That Billy will not be able to help Norman if he gets sick.
(d) She doesn't worry about them knowing they can take care of themselves.
13. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
(a) She has been sorrowful.
(b) She has been belligerent.
(c) She has been indifferent.
(d) She has had a chip on her shoulder.
14. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
(a) If Billy would like some milk and cookies.
(b) If Norman was to go skinny dipping.
(c) If Norman has been torturing Bill.
(d) If Norman thinks Bill will make a good husband for Chelsea.
15. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
(a) If Bill can talk to Charlie alone to settle that Chelsea is Bill's girlfriend.
(b) If Bill can borrow money for the trip to Europe.
(c) Whether he and Chelsea can share a room though they're not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
2. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
3. What does Norman ask Chelsea about the rental car?
4. How does Act 3, Scene 1 end?
5. Who does Norman tell Billy not to awaken?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)