|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chelsea say in response to Norman's question about the car?
(a) Less than 10,000 miles.
(b) It really did not cost much.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) Drives like it is riding on air.
2. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
(a) They got married.
(b) They go in a big fight and Bill went back to California.
(c) Their suitcases were stolen.
(d) They were arrested for accidentally trespassing.
3. What is Norman's response to the idea of Chelsea and Bill sharing a bedroom?
(a) Only if they agree not to have sex.
(b) Hell, no, not in his house.
(c) There is only a twin bed in each bedroom, so it'd be pretty difficult.
(d) If they want to share a room, rent a sleazy motel.
4. What does Bill say he saw when he comes into the house?
(a) A bear.
(b) A red-tailed hawk.
(c) A doe with her fawn.
(d) A pair of loons.
5. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him old stories.
(b) Norman tells him about girls.
(c) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
(d) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
6. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Snoring so loudly everyone in the house is awake.
(b) Gathering up fishing supplies and Billy.
(c) Going to town to mail a package.
(d) Starting up his old Indian motorcycle to show Billy.
7. What does Ethel tell Chelsea that surprises Chelsea?
(a) That Norman and Billy got along very well while they were in Europe.
(b) That her brother's remains have been found in Viet Nam.
(c) That Ethel has to have surgery for cancer.
(d) That Charlie is hoping to steal Chelsea away from Bill.
8. What is Bill's response about Billy's announcement?
(a) That he can't believe his son is actually going to read a book in the summer.
(b) That maybe Norman will take him fishing if Billy asks politely.
(c) He hestitates to join the ladies as he is afraid of bears.
(d) That there are still snacks in the cooler they brought.
9. How does Norman react to Chelsea's news?
(a) He is irate.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He can't hear her talking.
10. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
(a) If Bill can borrow money for the trip to Europe.
(b) Whether he and Chelsea can share a room though they're not married.
(d) If Bill can talk to Charlie alone to settle that Chelsea is Bill's girlfriend.
11. About what does Norman try to talk?
12. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
(b) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
(c) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
(d) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
13. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
(a) They have too many fillets in the freezer already.
(b) The boat is still leaking a little.
(c) The life preservers have become waterlogged.
(d) Norman's fishing license expired the day before.
14. What happens to the rental car on the way to the cottage?
(a) It suddenly starts smelling strangely.
(b) It breaks down every several miles.
(d) Chelsea puts a bad dent in it.
15. How does Norman take Ethel's suggestion?
(a) He pretends he does not hear her.
(b) He agrees with her.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He argues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Norman tell Billy not to awaken?
2. What is Norman's reaction to Chelsea's response?
3. What does Norman say about dancing when that topic arises?
4. What financial question does Norman ask Bill?
5. With what does Bill become irritated?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)