|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chelsea greet her mother?
(a) With a demand that she make some of her special tea.
(b) With indifference.
(c) Her mother is not there; she's gone up to change.
2. What does Ethel say Chelsea has requested?
(a) That she leave them the cottage in their will.
(b) That they come to California for her wedding.
(c) That Billy stay with them while she and Bill go to Europe.
(d) That Norman be nicer to Bill.
3. What financial question does Norman ask Bill?
(a) Whether Bill intends to support Chelsea so she can quit her job.
(b) How much money Bill nets per year.
(c) Whether to invest in a new technology company.
(d) How much Bill charges for fillings.
4. What are hanging in the living room at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) A projection screen and projector.
(c) Several planters.
(d) Deer heads.
5. Who is with Chelsea?
(c) No one.
(d) Her best friend from high school.
6. How does Chelsea greet her father?
(a) With formality.
(b) By shaking hands.
(c) With a long hug and kiss on the cheek.
(d) She pretends she does not see him.
7. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
(a) Norman's fishing license expired the day before.
(b) The boat is still leaking a little.
(c) They have too many fillets in the freezer already.
(d) The life preservers have become waterlogged.
8. What is Bill's response about Billy's announcement?
(a) That there are still snacks in the cooler they brought.
(b) He hestitates to join the ladies as he is afraid of bears.
(c) That maybe Norman will take him fishing if Billy asks politely.
(d) That he can't believe his son is actually going to read a book in the summer.
9. What does Ethel do after Norman and Billy leave?
(a) Starts shelling peas for dinner.
(b) Goes back to bed for awhile.
(c) Calls Charlie to come help her clear out the shed.
(d) Picks up Elmer.
10. What book does Norman suggest that Billy read?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Star Wars.
(c) Where the Red Fern Grows.
(d) Swiss Family Robinson.
11. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
(a) He says yes.
(b) He says that he won't fly to California.
(c) He says he has been nice to Bill even though Bill is a bit of a jerk.
(d) He says that she and her brother will have to settle who gets the cottage.
12. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
(a) The fact that her parents were very stuffy.
(b) The cougars in the woods.
(c) Norman's unkind teasing ways.
(d) The way Ethel cooks.
13. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
(b) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
(c) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(d) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
14. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
(a) If Norman has been torturing Bill.
(b) If Norman was to go skinny dipping.
(c) If Norman thinks Bill will make a good husband for Chelsea.
(d) If Billy would like some milk and cookies.
15. What does Norman give Billy to read?
(a) Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) Star Wars.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches Ethel singing?
2. Who does Norman tell Billy not to awaken?
3. How does Act 3, Scene 1 end?
4. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
5. What does Ethel tell Chelsea that surprises Chelsea?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)