|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman's reaction to Chelsea's response?
(a) He says it should not have broken down with so few miles.
(b) He knows that if she says it didn't cost much, it was actually a lot.
(c) He says maybe he'll give it a whirl and see how it rides.
(d) He is not impressed.
2. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
(b) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
(c) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(d) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
3. What does Chelsea say in response to Norman's question about the car?
(a) It really did not cost much.
(b) Less than 10,000 miles.
(c) Drives like it is riding on air.
(d) She doesn't know.
4. How does Chelsea greet her father?
(a) By shaking hands.
(b) With formality.
(c) With a long hug and kiss on the cheek.
(d) She pretends she does not see him.
5. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
(a) To give Chelsea a chance to talk to Norman.
(b) To give Norman a chance to fillet the fish instead of Billy.
(c) She stays in the living room, determined to make Norman and Chelsea talk.
(d) Because she is afraid Billy will make the water too warm.
6. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him old stories.
(b) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
(c) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
(d) Norman tells him about girls.
7. What is Bill's response about Billy's announcement?
(a) That maybe Norman will take him fishing if Billy asks politely.
(b) That he can't believe his son is actually going to read a book in the summer.
(c) He hestitates to join the ladies as he is afraid of bears.
(d) That there are still snacks in the cooler they brought.
8. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
(a) They got married.
(b) They go in a big fight and Bill went back to California.
(c) They were arrested for accidentally trespassing.
(d) Their suitcases were stolen.
9. What does Chelsea say about Norman's retirement dinner?
(a) That she was so proud of him giving his speech.
(b) She does not mention the retirement dinner.
(c) That she was sorry she didn't go.
(d) That she thought it wasn't elaborate enough for how important Norman was to the company.
10. What does Norman say about his and Chelsea's relationship?
(a) That he didn't like her because she was a girl.
(b) That Chelsea was adopted and Norman could never feel like she was his child.
(c) That they did not like each other.
(d) That he thought they got along quite nicely.
11. What financial question does Norman ask Bill?
(a) How much money Bill nets per year.
(b) How much Bill charges for fillings.
(c) Whether to invest in a new technology company.
(d) Whether Bill intends to support Chelsea so she can quit her job.
12. Why does Ethel talk to Norman before he leaves?
(a) To ask him to do something about the spider.
(b) She doesn't catch him before he's gone.
(c) To ask him to take her to town before he leaves.
(d) To suggest he wear a raincoat.
13. How does Chelsea respond to Norman's attempts to choose the topic of conversation?
(a) She forces him to talk about the two of them.
(b) She gets enthusiastic about the Dodgers.
(c) She is quiet.
(d) She tells Norman she hates baseball and always has.
14. What does Norman ask Chelsea about the rental car?
(a) How many miles is on it.
(b) How much it costs to rent it.
(c) What make it is.
(d) How smoothly does it drive.
15. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
(a) If Norman thinks Bill will make a good husband for Chelsea.
(b) If Norman was to go skinny dipping.
(c) If Billy would like some milk and cookies.
(d) If Norman has been torturing Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethel lament about when Norman comes into the room?
2. What does Bill say he saw when he comes into the house?
3. How does Norman react to Chelsea's news?
4. What does Norman say about dancing when that topic arises?
5. How does Ethel respond when Chelsea continues to speak about her father being difficult?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)