|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who catches Ethel singing?
(c) No one.
2. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
(b) Norman tells him old stories.
(c) Norman tells him about girls.
(d) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
3. How does Chelsea greet her mother?
(a) With indifference.
(c) With a demand that she make some of her special tea.
(d) Her mother is not there; she's gone up to change.
4. What financial question does Norman ask Bill?
(a) How much money Bill nets per year.
(b) How much Bill charges for fillings.
(c) Whether Bill intends to support Chelsea so she can quit her job.
(d) Whether to invest in a new technology company.
5. What does Ethel do after Norman and Billy leave?
(a) Goes back to bed for awhile.
(b) Picks up Elmer.
(c) Starts shelling peas for dinner.
(d) Calls Charlie to come help her clear out the shed.
6. What does Norman suggest Billy do about his walk?
(a) To walk with a straight back.
(b) To slow it down in the house.
(c) To slouch a little to look more like a cool dude.
(d) Not to have his pants hanging so low when he walks.
7. How does Ethel respond when Chelsea continues to speak about her father being difficult?
(a) She denies that he has been that difficult.
(b) She gets exasperated.
(c) She is sympathetic.
(d) She gets angry.
8. What does young Billy announce when he enters the living room?
(a) That he is starving and needs a snack.
(b) That he is going to go read Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) That he wants to go fishing after dinner.
(d) That Ethel and Chelsea have decided to skinny dip.
9. How does Chelsea greet her father?
(a) With formality.
(b) By shaking hands.
(c) With a long hug and kiss on the cheek.
(d) She pretends she does not see him.
10. What interrupts Chelsea and Ethel's conversation?
(a) The arrival of Norman and Billy.
(b) The neighbor pulls up in her car.
(c) Charlie's knock on the door.
(d) The telephone rings.
11. Who doubts what he says he saw?
12. Why does Ethel think it's going to rain that day?
(a) She heard two old men discussing it in the town.
(b) She heard the loons singing about it the night before.
(c) She doesn't think it's going to rain for another week.
(d) The weather channel predicts rain.
13. What is Bill's response about Billy's announcement?
(a) That there are still snacks in the cooler they brought.
(b) That he can't believe his son is actually going to read a book in the summer.
(c) He hestitates to join the ladies as he is afraid of bears.
(d) That maybe Norman will take him fishing if Billy asks politely.
14. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
(a) That his teeth aren't very nice for being a dentist.
(b) That his dental work prices are outrageous.
(c) That he wants to sleep in the same room with Chelsea.
(d) That his son seems somewhat illiterate.
15. What was Norman's overall impression of Bill?
(a) That he was talkative.
(b) That he was nice.
(c) That he was condescending.
(d) That he was arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman give Billy to read?
2. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
3. What is the purpose of the things that are hanging?
4. What does Chelsea say in response to Norman's question about the car?
5. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)