|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chelsea greet her mother?
(a) With indifference.
(b) With a demand that she make some of her special tea.
(c) Her mother is not there; she's gone up to change.
2. What do Bill and Norman talk about mostly at the beginning of their conversation?
(b) The New York Stock Exchange.
3. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
(a) Because she is afraid Billy will make the water too warm.
(b) She stays in the living room, determined to make Norman and Chelsea talk.
(c) To give Chelsea a chance to talk to Norman.
(d) To give Norman a chance to fillet the fish instead of Billy.
4. How does Chelsea greet her father?
(a) By shaking hands.
(b) She pretends she does not see him.
(c) With a long hug and kiss on the cheek.
(d) With formality.
5. Who catches Ethel singing?
(c) No one.
6. What does Ethel suggest to Norman?
(a) That Norman eat with his mouth closed at dinner.
(b) That Norman not lecture Chelsea about anything.
(c) That he try to get along with Chelsea's new boyfriend.
(d) That he invite Bill Ray to take a ride in the boat.
7. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
(a) They go in a big fight and Bill went back to California.
(b) They got married.
(c) Their suitcases were stolen.
(d) They were arrested for accidentally trespassing.
8. What does Chelsea say in response to Norman's question about the car?
(a) It really did not cost much.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) Less than 10,000 miles.
(d) Drives like it is riding on air.
9. What are hanging in the living room at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Deer heads.
(b) Several planters.
(d) A projection screen and projector.
10. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
(a) He says that she and her brother will have to settle who gets the cottage.
(b) He says yes.
(c) He says he has been nice to Bill even though Bill is a bit of a jerk.
(d) He says that he won't fly to California.
11. Who does Norman tell Billy not to awaken?
12. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
(a) He doesn't talk and tells Billy not to so as to not alert the fish.
(b) Singing a song about a wily catfish.
(c) In whispers so as not to scare the loons awake.
(d) In slang like Billy.
13. What is Norman's response to the idea of Chelsea and Bill sharing a bedroom?
(a) If they want to share a room, rent a sleazy motel.
(b) There is only a twin bed in each bedroom, so it'd be pretty difficult.
(c) Hell, no, not in his house.
(d) Only if they agree not to have sex.
14. Why does Ethel think it's going to rain that day?
(a) She doesn't think it's going to rain for another week.
(b) She heard two old men discussing it in the town.
(c) She heard the loons singing about it the night before.
(d) The weather channel predicts rain.
15. What does Ethel worry about regarding Norman and Billy?
(a) That Norman will get angry at Billy and have a heart attack.
(b) That Norman is working Billy too hard.
(c) She doesn't worry about them knowing they can take care of themselves.
(d) That Billy will not be able to help Norman if he gets sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Ethel sing?
2. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
3. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
4. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Why does Ethel talk to Norman before he leaves?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)