|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman call Billy from time to time?
(b) Young whippersnapper.
(c) Bobby, his deceased son.
2. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
(a) The life preservers have become waterlogged.
(b) They have too many fillets in the freezer already.
(c) Norman's fishing license expired the day before.
(d) The boat is still leaking a little.
3. What does Norman ask Chelsea about the rental car?
(a) What make it is.
(b) How smoothly does it drive.
(c) How many miles is on it.
(d) How much it costs to rent it.
4. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
(a) He says he has been nice to Bill even though Bill is a bit of a jerk.
(b) He says yes.
(c) He says that he won't fly to California.
(d) He says that she and her brother will have to settle who gets the cottage.
5. What does Ethel suggest to Norman?
(a) That Norman eat with his mouth closed at dinner.
(b) That he try to get along with Chelsea's new boyfriend.
(c) That Norman not lecture Chelsea about anything.
(d) That he invite Bill Ray to take a ride in the boat.
6. What does Ethel worry about regarding Norman and Billy?
(a) She doesn't worry about them knowing they can take care of themselves.
(b) That Norman is working Billy too hard.
(c) That Billy will not be able to help Norman if he gets sick.
(d) That Norman will get angry at Billy and have a heart attack.
7. How does Chelsea greet her mother?
(a) Her mother is not there; she's gone up to change.
(c) With indifference.
(d) With a demand that she make some of her special tea.
8. Who doubts what he says he saw?
9. What was Norman's overall impression of Bill?
(a) That he was arrogant.
(b) That he was nice.
(c) That he was condescending.
(d) That he was talkative.
10. Who is with Chelsea?
(a) No one.
(d) Her best friend from high school.
11. For what does Billy go into the kitchen?
(a) A sack of cookies.
(b) To find his dad.
(c) To make pancakes for everyone as a surprise.
(d) A glass of orange juice.
12. What are hanging in the living room at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Several planters.
(c) Deer heads.
(d) A projection screen and projector.
13. What does Norman give Billy to read?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) Star Wars.
14. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
(a) Their suitcases were stolen.
(b) They got married.
(c) They were arrested for accidentally trespassing.
(d) They go in a big fight and Bill went back to California.
15. With what does Bill become irritated?
(a) With the way the grandfather clocks ticks so loudly.
(b) With how long the other three are staying at the lake.
(c) The heat and lack of air conditioning.
(d) Norman's teasing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethel tell Chelsea that surprises Chelsea?
2. What does Ethel lament about when Norman comes into the room?
3. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
4. How does Ethel respond when Chelsea continues to speak about her father being difficult?
5. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)