|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chelsea greet her father?
(a) She pretends she does not see him.
(b) With a long hug and kiss on the cheek.
(c) With formality.
(d) By shaking hands.
2. What interrupts Chelsea and Ethel's conversation?
(a) The telephone rings.
(b) Charlie's knock on the door.
(c) The neighbor pulls up in her car.
(d) The arrival of Norman and Billy.
3. What does Norman say about dancing when that topic arises?
(a) He and Ethel used to win ballroom dance contests when younger.
(b) His religion forbids dancing.
(c) He hates dancing since his gay son loves it.
(d) He regrets not ever taking Ethel dancing.
4. What does Norman call Billy from time to time?
(b) Bobby, his deceased son.
(c) Young whippersnapper.
5. Who is with Chelsea?
(b) Her best friend from high school.
(d) No one.
6. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
(a) In slang like Billy.
(b) Singing a song about a wily catfish.
(c) He doesn't talk and tells Billy not to so as to not alert the fish.
(d) In whispers so as not to scare the loons awake.
7. What does Norman say about his and Chelsea's relationship?
(a) That they did not like each other.
(b) That he thought they got along quite nicely.
(c) That he didn't like her because she was a girl.
(d) That Chelsea was adopted and Norman could never feel like she was his child.
8. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
(a) The fact that her parents were very stuffy.
(b) Norman's unkind teasing ways.
(c) The way Ethel cooks.
(d) The cougars in the woods.
9. What does Chelsea say in response to Norman's question about the car?
(a) Drives like it is riding on air.
(b) It really did not cost much.
(c) Less than 10,000 miles.
(d) She doesn't know.
10. With what does Bill become irritated?
(a) The heat and lack of air conditioning.
(b) With how long the other three are staying at the lake.
(c) With the way the grandfather clocks ticks so loudly.
(d) Norman's teasing.
11. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
(a) If Norman has been torturing Bill.
(b) If Billy would like some milk and cookies.
(c) If Norman was to go skinny dipping.
(d) If Norman thinks Bill will make a good husband for Chelsea.
12. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
(a) He says he has been nice to Bill even though Bill is a bit of a jerk.
(b) He says that he won't fly to California.
(c) He says yes.
(d) He says that she and her brother will have to settle who gets the cottage.
13. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
(a) Whether he and Chelsea can share a room though they're not married.
(b) If Bill can borrow money for the trip to Europe.
(d) If Bill can talk to Charlie alone to settle that Chelsea is Bill's girlfriend.
14. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
(a) She has been indifferent.
(b) She has been belligerent.
(c) She has had a chip on her shoulder.
(d) She has been sorrowful.
15. How was Chelsea's trip to Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Norman tell Billy not to awaken?
2. How does Chelsea respond to Norman's attempts to choose the topic of conversation?
3. Where do Ethel and Norman find Billy?
4. What is Norman's response to the idea of Chelsea and Bill sharing a bedroom?
5. What does Ethel suggest to Norman?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)