|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ethel think it's going to rain that day?
(a) She heard two old men discussing it in the town.
(b) She heard the loons singing about it the night before.
(c) She doesn't think it's going to rain for another week.
(d) The weather channel predicts rain.
2. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
(a) If Norman was to go skinny dipping.
(b) If Billy would like some milk and cookies.
(c) If Norman has been torturing Bill.
(d) If Norman thinks Bill will make a good husband for Chelsea.
3. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
(a) That his son seems somewhat illiterate.
(b) That he wants to sleep in the same room with Chelsea.
(c) That his dental work prices are outrageous.
(d) That his teeth aren't very nice for being a dentist.
4. What does Norman say about dancing when that topic arises?
(a) His religion forbids dancing.
(b) He regrets not ever taking Ethel dancing.
(c) He hates dancing since his gay son loves it.
(d) He and Ethel used to win ballroom dance contests when younger.
5. About what does Norman try to talk?
6. What is Norman's response to the idea of Chelsea and Bill sharing a bedroom?
(a) Only if they agree not to have sex.
(b) If they want to share a room, rent a sleazy motel.
(c) Hell, no, not in his house.
(d) There is only a twin bed in each bedroom, so it'd be pretty difficult.
7. How does Ethel respond when Chelsea continues to speak about her father being difficult?
(a) She is sympathetic.
(b) She gets exasperated.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She denies that he has been that difficult.
8. With what does Ethel replace the food Billy has in his hand?
(b) Two protein shakes.
(c) Sandwiches, milk and raspberries.
(d) Pizza from the night before.
9. How does Chelsea respond to Norman's attempts to choose the topic of conversation?
(a) She is quiet.
(b) She forces him to talk about the two of them.
(c) She tells Norman she hates baseball and always has.
(d) She gets enthusiastic about the Dodgers.
10. What does Ethel worry about regarding Norman and Billy?
(a) That Norman will get angry at Billy and have a heart attack.
(b) That Norman is working Billy too hard.
(c) That Billy will not be able to help Norman if he gets sick.
(d) She doesn't worry about them knowing they can take care of themselves.
11. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
(a) She has been belligerent.
(b) She has had a chip on her shoulder.
(c) She has been sorrowful.
(d) She has been indifferent.
12. What do Bill and Norman talk about mostly at the beginning of their conversation?
(a) The New York Stock Exchange.
13. What book does Norman suggest that Billy read?
(a) Star Wars.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Where the Red Fern Grows.
(d) Swiss Family Robinson.
14. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
(b) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
(c) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(d) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
15. How does Act 3, Scene 1 end?
(a) Charlie, Chelsea and Ethel singing a camp song and dancing.
(b) Billy coming downstairs and asking Norman to take him hunting.
(c) Charlie leaving in despair after learning of Chelsea's marriage.
(d) Norman offering to take Bill out in the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Norman's overall impression of Bill?
2. What does Ethel lament about when Norman comes into the room?
3. Who doubts what he says he saw?
4. How does Chelsea greet her father?
5. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)