|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
(a) The cougars in the woods.
(b) The way Ethel cooks.
(c) The fact that her parents were very stuffy.
(d) Norman's unkind teasing ways.
2. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
(b) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
(c) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(d) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
3. How does Chelsea pass off Billy and Norman's fishing activities?
(a) Joking that her dad should have traded her in for a son.
(b) She doesn't comment on them as she is too upset.
(c) Joking that Norman can be good for anyone for a few weeks.
(d) Saying that as long as Norman is fishing, he isn't mean.
4. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
(b) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
(c) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
(d) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
5. What does Norman say about his and Chelsea's relationship?
(a) That Chelsea was adopted and Norman could never feel like she was his child.
(b) That they did not like each other.
(c) That he thought they got along quite nicely.
(d) That he didn't like her because she was a girl.
6. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
(a) They were arrested for accidentally trespassing.
(b) They go in a big fight and Bill went back to California.
(c) They got married.
(d) Their suitcases were stolen.
7. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
(b) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
(c) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
(d) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
8. What song does Ethel sing?
(a) Love Me Tender.
(b) Camp Koochakiyi song.
(c) Camp Oolaooda song.
(d) Camp Ticochee song.
9. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
(a) If Bill can borrow money for the trip to Europe.
(c) If Bill can talk to Charlie alone to settle that Chelsea is Bill's girlfriend.
(d) Whether he and Chelsea can share a room though they're not married.
10. What does Ethel worry about regarding Norman and Billy?
(a) She doesn't worry about them knowing they can take care of themselves.
(b) That Norman is working Billy too hard.
(c) That Billy will not be able to help Norman if he gets sick.
(d) That Norman will get angry at Billy and have a heart attack.
11. How was Chelsea's trip to Europe?
12. What does Norman call Billy from time to time?
(a) Bobby, his deceased son.
(c) Young whippersnapper.
13. What does Ethel tell Chelsea that surprises Chelsea?
(a) That Charlie is hoping to steal Chelsea away from Bill.
(b) That Ethel has to have surgery for cancer.
(c) That her brother's remains have been found in Viet Nam.
(d) That Norman and Billy got along very well while they were in Europe.
14. What does Ethel do after Norman and Billy leave?
(a) Starts shelling peas for dinner.
(b) Picks up Elmer.
(c) Goes back to bed for awhile.
(d) Calls Charlie to come help her clear out the shed.
15. Who doubts what he says he saw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Billy about the lake cottage?
2. Why does Ethel think it's going to rain that day?
3. What does Bill say he saw when he comes into the house?
4. What does Norman say about dancing when that topic arises?
5. How does Chelsea greet her mother?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)