|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
(a) If Norman has been torturing Bill.
(b) If Billy would like some milk and cookies.
(c) If Norman thinks Bill will make a good husband for Chelsea.
(d) If Norman was to go skinny dipping.
2. What does Norman mention to Ethel at the opening of this scene?
(a) That Chelsea did not marry Charlie.
(b) That Norman finds Ethel as attractive as the day they met.
(c) That Chelsea is past childbearing age and is childless.
(d) That Bill Ray does not like fishing.
3. What book does Norman suggest that Billy read?
(a) Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Where the Red Fern Grows.
(d) Star Wars.
4. What does Norman give Billy to read?
(a) Star Wars.
(b) The New York Times.
(d) Swiss Family Robinson.
5. Where do Ethel and Norman find Billy?
(a) Behind the couch.
(b) Out on the porch.
(c) Back in his bed.
(d) Down by the lakeshore.
6. What financial question does Norman ask Bill?
(a) Whether to invest in a new technology company.
(b) How much money Bill nets per year.
(c) Whether Bill intends to support Chelsea so she can quit her job.
(d) How much Bill charges for fillings.
7. What interrupts Chelsea and Ethel's conversation?
(a) The arrival of Norman and Billy.
(b) Charlie's knock on the door.
(c) The neighbor pulls up in her car.
(d) The telephone rings.
8. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
(a) He says he has been nice to Bill even though Bill is a bit of a jerk.
(b) He says that he won't fly to California.
(c) He says that she and her brother will have to settle who gets the cottage.
(d) He says yes.
9. What does Ethel say Chelsea has requested?
(a) That they come to California for her wedding.
(b) That Billy stay with them while she and Bill go to Europe.
(c) That Norman be nicer to Bill.
(d) That she leave them the cottage in their will.
10. What does Norman say about his and Chelsea's relationship?
(a) That they did not like each other.
(b) That Chelsea was adopted and Norman could never feel like she was his child.
(c) That he thought they got along quite nicely.
(d) That he didn't like her because she was a girl.
11. What are hanging in the living room at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A projection screen and projector.
(b) Several planters.
(d) Deer heads.
12. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
(a) They were arrested for accidentally trespassing.
(b) They go in a big fight and Bill went back to California.
(c) They got married.
(d) Their suitcases were stolen.
13. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Going to town to mail a package.
(b) Snoring so loudly everyone in the house is awake.
(c) Gathering up fishing supplies and Billy.
(d) Starting up his old Indian motorcycle to show Billy.
14. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(b) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
(c) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
(d) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
15. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
(b) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
(c) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
(d) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethel tell Chelsea that surprises Chelsea?
2. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
3. What does young Billy announce when he enters the living room?
4. What is Norman's response to Ethel's reply?
5. Who catches Ethel singing?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)