|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill say he saw when he comes into the house?
(a) A red-tailed hawk.
(b) A bear.
(c) A doe with her fawn.
(d) A pair of loons.
2. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
(b) If Bill can talk to Charlie alone to settle that Chelsea is Bill's girlfriend.
(c) If Bill can borrow money for the trip to Europe.
(d) Whether he and Chelsea can share a room though they're not married.
3. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
(b) Norman tells him old stories.
(c) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
(d) Norman tells him about girls.
4. What does Norman do after each fishing trip with Billy?
(a) Calls his best friend in Idaho and brags about what he caught.
(b) Has Billy clean and polish the boat.
(c) Has Billy check the fluid levels in the boat motor.
(d) Makes Billy clean all the fish.
5. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
(b) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
(c) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(d) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
6. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
(a) In slang like Billy.
(b) Singing a song about a wily catfish.
(c) In whispers so as not to scare the loons awake.
(d) He doesn't talk and tells Billy not to so as to not alert the fish.
7. Who does Norman tell Billy not to awaken?
8. What does Ethel say Chelsea has requested?
(a) That Billy stay with them while she and Bill go to Europe.
(b) That Norman be nicer to Bill.
(c) That she leave them the cottage in their will.
(d) That they come to California for her wedding.
9. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
(b) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
(c) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
(d) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
10. About what does Norman try to talk?
11. How does Chelsea greet her father?
(a) By shaking hands.
(b) She pretends she does not see him.
(c) With a long hug and kiss on the cheek.
(d) With formality.
12. What do Bill and Norman talk about mostly at the beginning of their conversation?
(d) The New York Stock Exchange.
13. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
(b) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
(c) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
(d) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
14. What happens to the rental car on the way to the cottage?
(a) It suddenly starts smelling strangely.
(b) It breaks down every several miles.
(d) Chelsea puts a bad dent in it.
15. How was Chelsea's trip to Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
2. For what does Billy go into the kitchen?
3. Why does Ethel talk to Norman before he leaves?
4. What does Ethel do after Norman and Billy leave?
5. What does Norman mention to Ethel at the opening of this scene?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)