|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who doubts what he says he saw?
2. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
(b) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
(c) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
(d) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
3. What do Bill and Norman talk about mostly at the beginning of their conversation?
(d) The New York Stock Exchange.
4. What are hanging in the living room at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Several planters.
(c) Deer heads.
(d) A projection screen and projector.
5. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Snoring so loudly everyone in the house is awake.
(b) Gathering up fishing supplies and Billy.
(c) Going to town to mail a package.
(d) Starting up his old Indian motorcycle to show Billy.
6. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
(d) Proper English.
7. What is Norman's response to Ethel's reply?
(a) That he bet Bill Ray couldn't hit the side of a barn with a shotgun.
(b) That Chelsea would have adjusted.
(c) That Ethel never thought he was handsome.
(d) He should have talked to the boyfriends about how to get Chelsea pregnant.
8. What does Norman do after each fishing trip with Billy?
(a) Has Billy check the fluid levels in the boat motor.
(b) Calls his best friend in Idaho and brags about what he caught.
(c) Makes Billy clean all the fish.
(d) Has Billy clean and polish the boat.
9. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
(a) That his dental work prices are outrageous.
(b) That his teeth aren't very nice for being a dentist.
(c) That his son seems somewhat illiterate.
(d) That he wants to sleep in the same room with Chelsea.
10. Who catches Ethel singing?
(a) No one.
11. What does Chelsea say in response to Norman's question about the car?
(a) It really did not cost much.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) Drives like it is riding on air.
(d) Less than 10,000 miles.
12. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him about girls.
(b) Norman tells him old stories.
(c) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
(d) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
13. What does Ethel worry about regarding Norman and Billy?
(a) That Billy will not be able to help Norman if he gets sick.
(b) That Norman will get angry at Billy and have a heart attack.
(c) She doesn't worry about them knowing they can take care of themselves.
(d) That Norman is working Billy too hard.
14. What does Norman mention to Ethel at the opening of this scene?
(a) That Chelsea is past childbearing age and is childless.
(b) That Norman finds Ethel as attractive as the day they met.
(c) That Bill Ray does not like fishing.
(d) That Chelsea did not marry Charlie.
15. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
(a) He says that she and her brother will have to settle who gets the cottage.
(b) He says yes.
(c) He says that he won't fly to California.
(d) He says he has been nice to Bill even though Bill is a bit of a jerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes down to the lake?
2. What does Norman give Billy to read?
3. What does Ethel say Chelsea has requested?
4. With what does Ethel replace the food Billy has in his hand?
5. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)