|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
(a) He says that she and her brother will have to settle who gets the cottage.
(b) He says yes.
(c) He says that he won't fly to California.
(d) He says he has been nice to Bill even though Bill is a bit of a jerk.
2. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
(b) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(c) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
(d) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
3. How does Ethel respond to Norman's comment?
(a) That Chelsea would have been bored stiff at a life with Charlie.
(b) That Norman had intimidated all of Chelsea's boyfriends.
(c) That she still thinks Norman's a handsome devil.
(d) That Bill Ray does like to hunt.
4. What is the purpose of the things that are hanging?
(a) To show some family movies to Bill Ray.
(b) To wish Norman a Happy Birthday and welcome to Chelsea.
(c) To demonstrate Norman's former prowess as a hunter.
(d) To make the living room more natural.
5. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
(a) Norman's unkind teasing ways.
(b) The cougars in the woods.
(c) The way Ethel cooks.
(d) The fact that her parents were very stuffy.
6. What does Ethel suggest to Norman?
(a) That he invite Bill Ray to take a ride in the boat.
(b) That Norman eat with his mouth closed at dinner.
(c) That he try to get along with Chelsea's new boyfriend.
(d) That Norman not lecture Chelsea about anything.
7. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
(c) Proper English.
8. Where do Ethel and Norman find Billy?
(a) Behind the couch.
(b) Out on the porch.
(c) Back in his bed.
(d) Down by the lakeshore.
9. How was Chelsea's trip to Europe?
10. What does Chelsea say about Norman's retirement dinner?
(a) That she was so proud of him giving his speech.
(b) That she was sorry she didn't go.
(c) That she thought it wasn't elaborate enough for how important Norman was to the company.
(d) She does not mention the retirement dinner.
11. About what does Norman try to talk?
12. Why does Ethel think it's going to rain that day?
(a) She heard two old men discussing it in the town.
(b) She doesn't think it's going to rain for another week.
(c) The weather channel predicts rain.
(d) She heard the loons singing about it the night before.
13. What is Norman's reaction to Chelsea's response?
(a) He says maybe he'll give it a whirl and see how it rides.
(b) He says it should not have broken down with so few miles.
(c) He is not impressed.
(d) He knows that if she says it didn't cost much, it was actually a lot.
14. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
(a) To give Chelsea a chance to talk to Norman.
(b) She stays in the living room, determined to make Norman and Chelsea talk.
(c) To give Norman a chance to fillet the fish instead of Billy.
(d) Because she is afraid Billy will make the water too warm.
15. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
(a) They were arrested for accidentally trespassing.
(b) They go in a big fight and Bill went back to California.
(c) They got married.
(d) Their suitcases were stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
2. Why does Ethel go to get a rake?
3. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who doubts what he says he saw?
5. With what does Bill become irritated?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)