|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
(a) Whether he and Chelsea can share a room though they're not married.
(b) If Bill can talk to Charlie alone to settle that Chelsea is Bill's girlfriend.
(d) If Bill can borrow money for the trip to Europe.
2. What song does Ethel sing?
(a) Camp Koochakiyi song.
(b) Camp Ticochee song.
(c) Love Me Tender.
(d) Camp Oolaooda song.
3. What interrupts Chelsea and Ethel's conversation?
(a) Charlie's knock on the door.
(b) The telephone rings.
(c) The arrival of Norman and Billy.
(d) The neighbor pulls up in her car.
4. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
(a) They have too many fillets in the freezer already.
(b) The life preservers have become waterlogged.
(c) The boat is still leaking a little.
(d) Norman's fishing license expired the day before.
5. Who catches Ethel singing?
(c) No one.
6. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
(a) He says yes.
(b) He says that she and her brother will have to settle who gets the cottage.
(c) He says he has been nice to Bill even though Bill is a bit of a jerk.
(d) He says that he won't fly to California.
7. What is Bill's response about Billy's announcement?
(a) That he can't believe his son is actually going to read a book in the summer.
(b) That maybe Norman will take him fishing if Billy asks politely.
(c) He hestitates to join the ladies as he is afraid of bears.
(d) That there are still snacks in the cooler they brought.
8. Who does Norman tell Billy not to awaken?
9. What does Norman mention to Ethel at the opening of this scene?
(a) That Chelsea is past childbearing age and is childless.
(b) That Norman finds Ethel as attractive as the day they met.
(c) That Chelsea did not marry Charlie.
(d) That Bill Ray does not like fishing.
10. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
(a) That his dental work prices are outrageous.
(b) That he wants to sleep in the same room with Chelsea.
(c) That his teeth aren't very nice for being a dentist.
(d) That his son seems somewhat illiterate.
11. Why does Ethel think it's going to rain that day?
(a) She doesn't think it's going to rain for another week.
(b) She heard two old men discussing it in the town.
(c) The weather channel predicts rain.
(d) She heard the loons singing about it the night before.
12. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
(b) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
(c) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
(d) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
13. What does Ethel suggest to Norman?
(a) That Norman eat with his mouth closed at dinner.
(b) That he try to get along with Chelsea's new boyfriend.
(c) That Norman not lecture Chelsea about anything.
(d) That he invite Bill Ray to take a ride in the boat.
14. What does Norman suggest Billy do about his walk?
(a) Not to have his pants hanging so low when he walks.
(b) To walk with a straight back.
(c) To slow it down in the house.
(d) To slouch a little to look more like a cool dude.
15. What is Norman's response to the idea of Chelsea and Bill sharing a bedroom?
(a) Only if they agree not to have sex.
(b) If they want to share a room, rent a sleazy motel.
(c) Hell, no, not in his house.
(d) There is only a twin bed in each bedroom, so it'd be pretty difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Norman try to talk?
2. How does Norman take Ethel's suggestion?
3. How does Chelsea respond to Norman's attempts to choose the topic of conversation?
4. How does Act 3, Scene 1 end?
5. What does Ethel tell Chelsea that surprises Chelsea?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)