|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman give Billy to read?
(a) Star Wars.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Swiss Family Robinson.
2. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
(b) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(c) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
(d) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
3. How does Ethel respond to Norman's comment?
(a) That Bill Ray does like to hunt.
(b) That Norman had intimidated all of Chelsea's boyfriends.
(c) That Chelsea would have been bored stiff at a life with Charlie.
(d) That she still thinks Norman's a handsome devil.
4. Where do Ethel and Norman find Billy?
(a) Behind the couch.
(b) Out on the porch.
(c) Down by the lakeshore.
(d) Back in his bed.
5. What happens to the rental car on the way to the cottage?
(a) It suddenly starts smelling strangely.
(b) It breaks down every several miles.
(c) Chelsea puts a bad dent in it.
6. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
(a) The fact that her parents were very stuffy.
(b) Norman's unkind teasing ways.
(c) The cougars in the woods.
(d) The way Ethel cooks.
7. Who doubts what he says he saw?
8. What is Norman's reaction to Chelsea's response?
(a) He says it should not have broken down with so few miles.
(b) He knows that if she says it didn't cost much, it was actually a lot.
(c) He is not impressed.
(d) He says maybe he'll give it a whirl and see how it rides.
9. What does Norman suggest Billy do about his walk?
(a) To slouch a little to look more like a cool dude.
(b) To slow it down in the house.
(c) Not to have his pants hanging so low when he walks.
(d) To walk with a straight back.
10. What song does Ethel sing?
(a) Love Me Tender.
(b) Camp Ticochee song.
(c) Camp Oolaooda song.
(d) Camp Koochakiyi song.
11. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
(a) In slang like Billy.
(b) He doesn't talk and tells Billy not to so as to not alert the fish.
(c) Singing a song about a wily catfish.
(d) In whispers so as not to scare the loons awake.
12. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
(a) The life preservers have become waterlogged.
(b) The boat is still leaking a little.
(c) They have too many fillets in the freezer already.
(d) Norman's fishing license expired the day before.
13. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Gathering up fishing supplies and Billy.
(b) Snoring so loudly everyone in the house is awake.
(c) Starting up his old Indian motorcycle to show Billy.
(d) Going to town to mail a package.
14. What is Bill's response about Billy's announcement?
(a) That he can't believe his son is actually going to read a book in the summer.
(b) That maybe Norman will take him fishing if Billy asks politely.
(c) He hestitates to join the ladies as he is afraid of bears.
(d) That there are still snacks in the cooler they brought.
15. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
(b) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
(c) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
(d) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
2. How does Ethel respond when Chelsea continues to speak about her father being difficult?
3. Why does Ethel talk to Norman before he leaves?
4. What does Ethel suggest to Norman?
5. What do Bill and Norman talk about mostly at the beginning of their conversation?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)