|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Norman try to talk?
2. What does Chelsea say in response to Norman's question about the car?
(a) It really did not cost much.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) Less than 10,000 miles.
(d) Drives like it is riding on air.
3. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him old stories.
(b) Norman tells him about girls.
(c) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
(d) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
4. What do Bill and Norman talk about mostly at the beginning of their conversation?
(d) The New York Stock Exchange.
5. How does Ethel respond when Chelsea continues to speak about her father being difficult?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She denies that he has been that difficult.
(c) She is sympathetic.
(d) She gets exasperated.
6. What does Bill say he saw when he comes into the house?
(a) A pair of loons.
(b) A bear.
(c) A doe with her fawn.
(d) A red-tailed hawk.
7. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
(a) To give Norman a chance to fillet the fish instead of Billy.
(b) Because she is afraid Billy will make the water too warm.
(c) She stays in the living room, determined to make Norman and Chelsea talk.
(d) To give Chelsea a chance to talk to Norman.
8. What financial question does Norman ask Bill?
(a) Whether to invest in a new technology company.
(b) How much Bill charges for fillings.
(c) Whether Bill intends to support Chelsea so she can quit her job.
(d) How much money Bill nets per year.
9. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
(a) In whispers so as not to scare the loons awake.
(b) He doesn't talk and tells Billy not to so as to not alert the fish.
(c) In slang like Billy.
(d) Singing a song about a wily catfish.
10. What is Norman's reaction to Chelsea's response?
(a) He is not impressed.
(b) He says maybe he'll give it a whirl and see how it rides.
(c) He knows that if she says it didn't cost much, it was actually a lot.
(d) He says it should not have broken down with so few miles.
11. What does Norman call Billy from time to time?
(a) Bobby, his deceased son.
(d) Young whippersnapper.
12. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
(a) Norman's fishing license expired the day before.
(b) The boat is still leaking a little.
(c) The life preservers have become waterlogged.
(d) They have too many fillets in the freezer already.
13. What happens to the rental car on the way to the cottage?
(a) It breaks down every several miles.
(b) Chelsea puts a bad dent in it.
(d) It suddenly starts smelling strangely.
14. What is Norman's response to Ethel's reply?
(a) That Chelsea would have adjusted.
(b) That Ethel never thought he was handsome.
(c) That he bet Bill Ray couldn't hit the side of a barn with a shotgun.
(d) He should have talked to the boyfriends about how to get Chelsea pregnant.
15. For what does Billy go into the kitchen?
(a) To find his dad.
(b) A glass of orange juice.
(c) A sack of cookies.
(d) To make pancakes for everyone as a surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the things that are hanging?
2. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
3. What news does Chelsea give Norman?
4. What does Norman give Billy to read?
5. What surprises Billy about the lake cottage?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)