Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
(a) Whether he and Chelsea can share a room though they're not married.
(b) If Bill can talk to Charlie alone to settle that Chelsea is Bill's girlfriend.
(c) If Bill can borrow money for the trip to Europe.
2. What does Norman mention to Ethel at the opening of this scene?
(a) That Chelsea did not marry Charlie.
(b) That Chelsea is past childbearing age and is childless.
(c) That Bill Ray does not like fishing.
(d) That Norman finds Ethel as attractive as the day they met.
3. What news does Chelsea give Norman?
(a) That she has married Bill.
(b) That she plans to marry Charlie.
(c) That Billy is actually her biological son.
(d) That she is pregnant.
4. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
(a) She has had a chip on her shoulder.
(b) She has been sorrowful.
(c) She has been indifferent.
(d) She has been belligerent.
5. What are hanging in the living room at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A projection screen and projector.
(c) Deer heads.
(d) Several planters.
6. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
(b) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
(c) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
(d) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
7. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
(a) To give Chelsea a chance to talk to Norman.
(b) She stays in the living room, determined to make Norman and Chelsea talk.
(c) To give Norman a chance to fillet the fish instead of Billy.
(d) Because she is afraid Billy will make the water too warm.
8. What happens to the rental car on the way to the cottage?
(b) It breaks down every several miles.
(c) Chelsea puts a bad dent in it.
(d) It suddenly starts smelling strangely.
9. How was Chelsea's trip to Europe?
10. Who is with Chelsea?
(a) Her best friend from high school.
(c) No one.
11. What surprises Billy about the lake cottage?
(a) That it is so cool even with no air conditioning.
(b) That it has a computer with internet access.
(c) That it has indoor plumbing.
(d) That it has electricity.
12. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
(b) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
(c) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
(d) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
13. Who goes down to the lake?
(a) Chelsea, Ethel, and Billy.
(b) Chelsea and Bill.
(c) Chelsea and Norman.
14. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
(a) Norman's unkind teasing ways.
(b) The cougars in the woods.
(c) The fact that her parents were very stuffy.
(d) The way Ethel cooks.
15. How does Norman react to Chelsea's news?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He is irate.
(c) He can't hear her talking.
(d) He is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman call Billy from time to time?
2. About what does Norman try to talk?
3. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
5. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)