|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Chelsea's trip to Europe?
2. What does Norman suggest Billy do about his walk?
(a) Not to have his pants hanging so low when he walks.
(b) To slouch a little to look more like a cool dude.
(c) To walk with a straight back.
(d) To slow it down in the house.
3. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Going to town to mail a package.
(b) Starting up his old Indian motorcycle to show Billy.
(c) Snoring so loudly everyone in the house is awake.
(d) Gathering up fishing supplies and Billy.
4. What surprises Billy about the lake cottage?
(a) That it is so cool even with no air conditioning.
(b) That it has electricity.
(c) That it has a computer with internet access.
(d) That it has indoor plumbing.
5. How does Ethel respond to Norman's comment?
(a) That Norman had intimidated all of Chelsea's boyfriends.
(b) That Bill Ray does like to hunt.
(c) That she still thinks Norman's a handsome devil.
(d) That Chelsea would have been bored stiff at a life with Charlie.
6. Who is with Chelsea?
(c) No one.
(d) Her best friend from high school.
7. What does Norman give Billy to read?
(a) Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Star Wars.
8. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
(b) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
(c) Norman tells him about girls.
(d) Norman tells him old stories.
9. What is Norman's response to the idea of Chelsea and Bill sharing a bedroom?
(a) There is only a twin bed in each bedroom, so it'd be pretty difficult.
(b) Only if they agree not to have sex.
(c) If they want to share a room, rent a sleazy motel.
(d) Hell, no, not in his house.
10. With what does Ethel replace the food Billy has in his hand?
(a) Sandwiches, milk and raspberries.
(b) Pizza from the night before.
(c) Two protein shakes.
11. How does Act 3, Scene 1 end?
(a) Billy coming downstairs and asking Norman to take him hunting.
(b) Charlie, Chelsea and Ethel singing a camp song and dancing.
(c) Norman offering to take Bill out in the boat.
(d) Charlie leaving in despair after learning of Chelsea's marriage.
12. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
(a) The boat is still leaking a little.
(b) They have too many fillets in the freezer already.
(c) Norman's fishing license expired the day before.
(d) The life preservers have become waterlogged.
13. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
(a) Because she is afraid Billy will make the water too warm.
(b) To give Chelsea a chance to talk to Norman.
(c) She stays in the living room, determined to make Norman and Chelsea talk.
(d) To give Norman a chance to fillet the fish instead of Billy.
14. What does Chelsea say about Norman's retirement dinner?
(a) That she was sorry she didn't go.
(b) That she thought it wasn't elaborate enough for how important Norman was to the company.
(c) That she was so proud of him giving his speech.
(d) She does not mention the retirement dinner.
15. For what does Billy go into the kitchen?
(a) A sack of cookies.
(b) To find his dad.
(c) To make pancakes for everyone as a surprise.
(d) A glass of orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethel lament about when Norman comes into the room?
2. Who catches Ethel singing?
3. What song does Ethel sing?
4. How does Chelsea pass off Billy and Norman's fishing activities?
5. What does Norman ask Chelsea about the rental car?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)