|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Chelsea give Norman?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she has married Bill.
(c) That she plans to marry Charlie.
(d) That Billy is actually her biological son.
2. What does Norman suggest Billy do about his walk?
(a) To slow it down in the house.
(b) Not to have his pants hanging so low when he walks.
(c) To slouch a little to look more like a cool dude.
(d) To walk with a straight back.
3. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
(a) In whispers so as not to scare the loons awake.
(b) In slang like Billy.
(c) He doesn't talk and tells Billy not to so as to not alert the fish.
(d) Singing a song about a wily catfish.
4. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him about girls.
(b) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
(c) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
(d) Norman tells him old stories.
5. How does Norman react to Chelsea's news?
(a) He can't hear her talking.
(b) He is irate.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He is indifferent.
6. With what does Ethel replace the food Billy has in his hand?
(a) Pizza from the night before.
(b) Two protein shakes.
(d) Sandwiches, milk and raspberries.
7. How was Chelsea's trip to Europe?
8. Who is with Chelsea?
(a) Her best friend from high school.
(d) No one.
9. Why does Ethel go to get a rake?
(a) To rake the back yard.
(b) To dislodge a spider from the ceiling.
(c) To try to reach something with it in the shed.
(d) To shoo some chickens out of the garden.
10. What was Norman's overall impression of Bill?
(a) That he was talkative.
(b) That he was arrogant.
(c) That he was condescending.
(d) That he was nice.
11. What is Norman's reaction to Chelsea's response?
(a) He is not impressed.
(b) He knows that if she says it didn't cost much, it was actually a lot.
(c) He says it should not have broken down with so few miles.
(d) He says maybe he'll give it a whirl and see how it rides.
12. What interrupts Chelsea and Ethel's conversation?
(a) The neighbor pulls up in her car.
(b) The arrival of Norman and Billy.
(c) The telephone rings.
(d) Charlie's knock on the door.
13. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
(a) Because she is afraid Billy will make the water too warm.
(b) She stays in the living room, determined to make Norman and Chelsea talk.
(c) To give Norman a chance to fillet the fish instead of Billy.
(d) To give Chelsea a chance to talk to Norman.
14. How does Chelsea greet her mother?
(a) Her mother is not there; she's gone up to change.
(b) With indifference.
(c) With a demand that she make some of her special tea.
15. What does Ethel say Chelsea has requested?
(a) That she leave them the cottage in their will.
(b) That Norman be nicer to Bill.
(c) That Billy stay with them while she and Bill go to Europe.
(d) That they come to California for her wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
2. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
3. How does Act 3, Scene 1 end?
4. What does Norman do after each fishing trip with Billy?
5. What does Ethel suggest to Norman?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)