|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
(b) Proper English.
2. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
(b) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
(c) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
(d) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
3. What is Bill's response about Billy's announcement?
(a) That there are still snacks in the cooler they brought.
(b) That he can't believe his son is actually going to read a book in the summer.
(c) That maybe Norman will take him fishing if Billy asks politely.
(d) He hestitates to join the ladies as he is afraid of bears.
4. How was Chelsea's trip to Europe?
5. What happens to the rental car on the way to the cottage?
(a) It suddenly starts smelling strangely.
(b) Chelsea puts a bad dent in it.
(d) It breaks down every several miles.
6. What does Chelsea say about Norman's retirement dinner?
(a) She does not mention the retirement dinner.
(b) That she thought it wasn't elaborate enough for how important Norman was to the company.
(c) That she was sorry she didn't go.
(d) That she was so proud of him giving his speech.
7. How does Norman react to Chelsea's news?
(a) He can't hear her talking.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is irate.
8. What does Norman call Billy from time to time?
(b) Bobby, his deceased son.
(d) Young whippersnapper.
9. Who is with Chelsea?
(a) Her best friend from high school.
(b) No one.
10. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
(b) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(c) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
(d) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
11. What surprises Billy about the lake cottage?
(a) That it has electricity.
(b) That it is so cool even with no air conditioning.
(c) That it has a computer with internet access.
(d) That it has indoor plumbing.
12. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
(a) Whether he and Chelsea can share a room though they're not married.
(b) If Bill can borrow money for the trip to Europe.
(d) If Bill can talk to Charlie alone to settle that Chelsea is Bill's girlfriend.
13. Why does Ethel talk to Norman before he leaves?
(a) To ask him to do something about the spider.
(b) To suggest he wear a raincoat.
(c) She doesn't catch him before he's gone.
(d) To ask him to take her to town before he leaves.
14. What is Norman's response to Ethel's reply?
(a) He should have talked to the boyfriends about how to get Chelsea pregnant.
(b) That Ethel never thought he was handsome.
(c) That he bet Bill Ray couldn't hit the side of a barn with a shotgun.
(d) That Chelsea would have adjusted.
15. What are hanging in the living room at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Deer heads.
(b) A projection screen and projector.
(c) Several planters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ethel go to get a rake?
2. What is the purpose of the things that are hanging?
3. What does Ethel say Chelsea has requested?
4. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
5. Who catches Ethel singing?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)