|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Gathering up fishing supplies and Billy.
(b) Snoring so loudly everyone in the house is awake.
(c) Starting up his old Indian motorcycle to show Billy.
(d) Going to town to mail a package.
2. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
(a) Singing a song about a wily catfish.
(b) In slang like Billy.
(c) In whispers so as not to scare the loons awake.
(d) He doesn't talk and tells Billy not to so as to not alert the fish.
3. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
(a) If Billy would like some milk and cookies.
(b) If Norman thinks Bill will make a good husband for Chelsea.
(c) If Norman was to go skinny dipping.
(d) If Norman has been torturing Bill.
4. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
(a) They have too many fillets in the freezer already.
(b) Norman's fishing license expired the day before.
(c) The life preservers have become waterlogged.
(d) The boat is still leaking a little.
5. What was Norman's overall impression of Bill?
(a) That he was talkative.
(b) That he was arrogant.
(c) That he was condescending.
(d) That he was nice.
6. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
(a) That his son seems somewhat illiterate.
(b) That his dental work prices are outrageous.
(c) That he wants to sleep in the same room with Chelsea.
(d) That his teeth aren't very nice for being a dentist.
7. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
(b) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
(c) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
(d) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
8. How does Chelsea pass off Billy and Norman's fishing activities?
(a) Saying that as long as Norman is fishing, he isn't mean.
(b) Joking that her dad should have traded her in for a son.
(c) Joking that Norman can be good for anyone for a few weeks.
(d) She doesn't comment on them as she is too upset.
9. With what does Ethel replace the food Billy has in his hand?
(a) Sandwiches, milk and raspberries.
(b) Two protein shakes.
(d) Pizza from the night before.
10. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
(a) They were arrested for accidentally trespassing.
(b) They go in a big fight and Bill went back to California.
(c) They got married.
(d) Their suitcases were stolen.
11. What does Ethel tell Chelsea that surprises Chelsea?
(a) That Ethel has to have surgery for cancer.
(b) That Charlie is hoping to steal Chelsea away from Bill.
(c) That her brother's remains have been found in Viet Nam.
(d) That Norman and Billy got along very well while they were in Europe.
12. What happens to the rental car on the way to the cottage?
(a) Chelsea puts a bad dent in it.
(b) It breaks down every several miles.
(d) It suddenly starts smelling strangely.
13. How does Chelsea greet her father?
(a) By shaking hands.
(b) With formality.
(c) With a long hug and kiss on the cheek.
(d) She pretends she does not see him.
14. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
(a) She has been belligerent.
(b) She has been indifferent.
(c) She has had a chip on her shoulder.
(d) She has been sorrowful.
15. What does Norman give Billy to read?
(a) Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) Star Wars.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are hanging in the living room at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who catches Ethel singing?
3. What is Norman's response to Ethel's reply?
4. What does young Billy announce when he enters the living room?
5. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)