|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
(a) Whether he and Chelsea can share a room though they're not married.
(b) If Bill can talk to Charlie alone to settle that Chelsea is Bill's girlfriend.
(d) If Bill can borrow money for the trip to Europe.
2. What financial question does Norman ask Bill?
(a) How much Bill charges for fillings.
(b) Whether Bill intends to support Chelsea so she can quit her job.
(c) Whether to invest in a new technology company.
(d) How much money Bill nets per year.
3. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
(b) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
(c) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
(d) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
4. What does Norman say about dancing when that topic arises?
(a) He regrets not ever taking Ethel dancing.
(b) His religion forbids dancing.
(c) He hates dancing since his gay son loves it.
(d) He and Ethel used to win ballroom dance contests when younger.
5. What book does Norman suggest that Billy read?
(a) Star Wars.
(b) Where the Red Fern Grows.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Swiss Family Robinson.
6. What does Norman say about his and Chelsea's relationship?
(a) That Chelsea was adopted and Norman could never feel like she was his child.
(b) That they did not like each other.
(c) That he didn't like her because she was a girl.
(d) That he thought they got along quite nicely.
7. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
(b) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
(c) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
(d) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
8. What is the purpose of the things that are hanging?
(a) To make the living room more natural.
(b) To show some family movies to Bill Ray.
(c) To wish Norman a Happy Birthday and welcome to Chelsea.
(d) To demonstrate Norman's former prowess as a hunter.
9. What is Norman's reaction to Chelsea's response?
(a) He says it should not have broken down with so few miles.
(b) He is not impressed.
(c) He knows that if she says it didn't cost much, it was actually a lot.
(d) He says maybe he'll give it a whirl and see how it rides.
10. How does Chelsea greet her father?
(a) With a long hug and kiss on the cheek.
(b) She pretends she does not see him.
(c) With formality.
(d) By shaking hands.
11. Who is with Chelsea?
(a) Her best friend from high school.
(d) No one.
12. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
(a) That his teeth aren't very nice for being a dentist.
(b) That his dental work prices are outrageous.
(c) That his son seems somewhat illiterate.
(d) That he wants to sleep in the same room with Chelsea.
13. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
(a) She has been indifferent.
(b) She has been belligerent.
(c) She has had a chip on her shoulder.
(d) She has been sorrowful.
14. What does Chelsea say about Norman's retirement dinner?
(a) That she thought it wasn't elaborate enough for how important Norman was to the company.
(b) That she was so proud of him giving his speech.
(c) She does not mention the retirement dinner.
(d) That she was sorry she didn't go.
15. How does Chelsea greet her mother?
(b) With indifference.
(c) Her mother is not there; she's gone up to change.
(d) With a demand that she make some of her special tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Chelsea give Norman?
2. How does Ethel respond to Norman's comment?
3. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
4. What does Norman give Billy to read?
5. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)