|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
(b) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
(c) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
(d) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
2. What does Norman say about his and Chelsea's relationship?
(a) That he didn't like her because she was a girl.
(b) That Chelsea was adopted and Norman could never feel like she was his child.
(c) That he thought they got along quite nicely.
(d) That they did not like each other.
3. How was Chelsea's trip to Europe?
4. What does Norman mention to Ethel at the opening of this scene?
(a) That Norman finds Ethel as attractive as the day they met.
(b) That Bill Ray does not like fishing.
(c) That Chelsea did not marry Charlie.
(d) That Chelsea is past childbearing age and is childless.
5. What is Norman's response to Chelsea's request?
(a) He says that she and her brother will have to settle who gets the cottage.
(b) He says that he won't fly to California.
(c) He says he has been nice to Bill even though Bill is a bit of a jerk.
(d) He says yes.
6. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
(a) That Billy will eat only at mealtimes.
(b) That Norman hopes Billy will tell him about Swiss Family Robinson when he's done reading it.
(c) That maybe Norman and Billy can go fishing sometime.
(d) That Billy better learn to say please and thank you.
7. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
(a) If Norman was to go skinny dipping.
(b) If Norman thinks Bill will make a good husband for Chelsea.
(c) If Norman has been torturing Bill.
(d) If Billy would like some milk and cookies.
8. What was Norman's overall impression of Bill?
(a) That he was talkative.
(b) That he was condescending.
(c) That he was arrogant.
(d) That he was nice.
9. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
(a) He doesn't talk and tells Billy not to so as to not alert the fish.
(b) In slang like Billy.
(c) In whispers so as not to scare the loons awake.
(d) Singing a song about a wily catfish.
10. What news does Chelsea give Norman?
(a) That she plans to marry Charlie.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has married Bill.
(d) That Billy is actually her biological son.
11. Who doubts what he says he saw?
12. What do Bill and Norman talk about mostly at the beginning of their conversation?
(c) The New York Stock Exchange.
13. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
(a) She has been sorrowful.
(b) She has been indifferent.
(c) She has had a chip on her shoulder.
(d) She has been belligerent.
14. For what does Billy go into the kitchen?
(a) To find his dad.
(b) A sack of cookies.
(c) To make pancakes for everyone as a surprise.
(d) A glass of orange juice.
15. What does Norman give Billy to read?
(a) Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) Star Wars.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
2. What does Norman say about dancing when that topic arises?
3. What does Ethel tell Chelsea that surprises Chelsea?
4. Why does Ethel talk to Norman before he leaves?
5. What does Norman suggest Billy do about his walk?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)