|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him old stories.
(b) Norman tells him about girls.
(c) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
(d) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
2. How does Chelsea respond to Norman's attempts to choose the topic of conversation?
(a) She is quiet.
(b) She tells Norman she hates baseball and always has.
(c) She gets enthusiastic about the Dodgers.
(d) She forces him to talk about the two of them.
3. What song does Ethel sing?
(a) Camp Koochakiyi song.
(b) Love Me Tender.
(c) Camp Oolaooda song.
(d) Camp Ticochee song.
4. What does Norman mention to Ethel at the opening of this scene?
(a) That Bill Ray does not like fishing.
(b) That Norman finds Ethel as attractive as the day they met.
(c) That Chelsea is past childbearing age and is childless.
(d) That Chelsea did not marry Charlie.
5. What does Ethel do after Norman and Billy leave?
(a) Goes back to bed for awhile.
(b) Starts shelling peas for dinner.
(c) Picks up Elmer.
(d) Calls Charlie to come help her clear out the shed.
6. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
(a) That his dental work prices are outrageous.
(b) That he wants to sleep in the same room with Chelsea.
(c) That his teeth aren't very nice for being a dentist.
(d) That his son seems somewhat illiterate.
7. What is Bill's response about Billy's announcement?
(a) That he can't believe his son is actually going to read a book in the summer.
(b) That maybe Norman will take him fishing if Billy asks politely.
(c) That there are still snacks in the cooler they brought.
(d) He hestitates to join the ladies as he is afraid of bears.
8. Where do Ethel and Norman find Billy?
(a) Down by the lakeshore.
(b) Back in his bed.
(c) Behind the couch.
(d) Out on the porch.
9. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
(d) Proper English.
10. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
(a) To give Norman a chance to fillet the fish instead of Billy.
(b) Because she is afraid Billy will make the water too warm.
(c) She stays in the living room, determined to make Norman and Chelsea talk.
(d) To give Chelsea a chance to talk to Norman.
11. What happens to the rental car on the way to the cottage?
(a) It suddenly starts smelling strangely.
(b) Chelsea puts a bad dent in it.
(d) It breaks down every several miles.
12. What does Norman do after each fishing trip with Billy?
(a) Has Billy check the fluid levels in the boat motor.
(b) Has Billy clean and polish the boat.
(c) Calls his best friend in Idaho and brags about what he caught.
(d) Makes Billy clean all the fish.
13. What does Bill say he saw when he comes into the house?
(a) A red-tailed hawk.
(b) A bear.
(c) A pair of loons.
(d) A doe with her fawn.
14. For what does Chelsea apologize?
(a) For returning to the cottage without calling first.
(b) For not giving Norman a chance to drive the rental car.
(c) Chelsea apologizes for her part in their feud.
(d) For foisting Billy off on them for awhile.
15. What is the purpose of the things that are hanging?
(a) To show some family movies to Bill Ray.
(b) To wish Norman a Happy Birthday and welcome to Chelsea.
(c) To demonstrate Norman's former prowess as a hunter.
(d) To make the living room more natural.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman ask Chelsea about the rental car?
2. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
3. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
4. How does Chelsea pass off Billy and Norman's fishing activities?
5. What does Norman say about his and Chelsea's relationship?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)