|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman mention to Ethel at the opening of this scene?
(a) That Norman finds Ethel as attractive as the day they met.
(b) That Chelsea is past childbearing age and is childless.
(c) That Chelsea did not marry Charlie.
(d) That Bill Ray does not like fishing.
2. About what does Billy say Norman talks to him while they are out fishing?
(a) Norman tells him how to clean and fillet fish and dress deer.
(b) Norman tells him old stories.
(c) Billy says they don't talk much while they are out on the water.
(d) Norman tells him about girls.
3. What surprises Billy about the lake cottage?
(a) That it has electricity.
(b) That it has a computer with internet access.
(c) That it has indoor plumbing.
(d) That it is so cool even with no air conditioning.
4. What is Norman's response to Ethel's reply?
(a) That Chelsea would have adjusted.
(b) That Ethel never thought he was handsome.
(c) He should have talked to the boyfriends about how to get Chelsea pregnant.
(d) That he bet Bill Ray couldn't hit the side of a barn with a shotgun.
5. How does Chelsea respond to Norman's attempts to choose the topic of conversation?
(a) She gets enthusiastic about the Dodgers.
(b) She forces him to talk about the two of them.
(c) She is quiet.
(d) She tells Norman she hates baseball and always has.
6. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
(b) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
(c) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
(d) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
7. What does Chelsea say about Norman's retirement dinner?
(a) She does not mention the retirement dinner.
(b) That she thought it wasn't elaborate enough for how important Norman was to the company.
(c) That she was sorry she didn't go.
(d) That she was so proud of him giving his speech.
8. How does Chelsea pass off Billy and Norman's fishing activities?
(a) Joking that her dad should have traded her in for a son.
(b) She doesn't comment on them as she is too upset.
(c) Saying that as long as Norman is fishing, he isn't mean.
(d) Joking that Norman can be good for anyone for a few weeks.
9. What does Norman suggest Billy do about his walk?
(a) Not to have his pants hanging so low when he walks.
(b) To slouch a little to look more like a cool dude.
(c) To walk with a straight back.
(d) To slow it down in the house.
10. What are hanging in the living room at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Several planters.
(b) A projection screen and projector.
(c) Deer heads.
11. What does Norman say about his and Chelsea's relationship?
(a) That he thought they got along quite nicely.
(b) That Chelsea was adopted and Norman could never feel like she was his child.
(c) That they did not like each other.
(d) That he didn't like her because she was a girl.
12. With what does Bill become irritated?
(a) With the way the grandfather clocks ticks so loudly.
(b) The heat and lack of air conditioning.
(c) With how long the other three are staying at the lake.
(d) Norman's teasing.
13. How does Chelsea greet her mother?
(b) With a demand that she make some of her special tea.
(c) With indifference.
(d) Her mother is not there; she's gone up to change.
14. What was Norman's overall impression of Bill?
(a) That he was nice.
(b) That he was arrogant.
(c) That he was condescending.
(d) That he was talkative.
15. What book does Norman suggest that Billy read?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Where the Red Fern Grows.
(c) Star Wars.
(d) Swiss Family Robinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the rental car on the way to the cottage?
2. What does Ethel lament about when Norman comes into the room?
3. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Norman do after each fishing trip with Billy?
5. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)