|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Billy go into the kitchen?
(a) A glass of orange juice.
(b) To find his dad.
(c) A sack of cookies.
(d) To make pancakes for everyone as a surprise.
2. How does Chelsea pass off Billy and Norman's fishing activities?
(a) She doesn't comment on them as she is too upset.
(b) Joking that her dad should have traded her in for a son.
(c) Saying that as long as Norman is fishing, he isn't mean.
(d) Joking that Norman can be good for anyone for a few weeks.
3. What does Ethel lament about when Norman comes into the room?
(a) That Bill Ray is a dentist and not a medical doctor.
(b) That her best dress has shrunk.
(c) That their son is not there to celebrate.
(d) That she has not yet dressed for dinner.
4. What interrupts Chelsea and Ethel's conversation?
(a) The telephone rings.
(b) The arrival of Norman and Billy.
(c) Charlie's knock on the door.
(d) The neighbor pulls up in her car.
5. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
(a) The way Ethel cooks.
(b) The fact that her parents were very stuffy.
(c) Norman's unkind teasing ways.
(d) The cougars in the woods.
6. What news does Chelsea give Norman?
(a) That Billy is actually her biological son.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has married Bill.
(d) That she plans to marry Charlie.
7. How does Norman take Ethel's suggestion?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He pretends he does not hear her.
(c) He argues.
(d) He agrees with her.
8. Who goes down to the lake?
(b) Chelsea, Ethel, and Billy.
(c) Chelsea and Bill.
(d) Chelsea and Norman.
9. Why does Ethel talk to Norman before he leaves?
(a) To ask him to take her to town before he leaves.
(b) To ask him to do something about the spider.
(c) She doesn't catch him before he's gone.
(d) To suggest he wear a raincoat.
10. How does Chelsea respond to Norman's attempts to choose the topic of conversation?
(a) She gets enthusiastic about the Dodgers.
(b) She forces him to talk about the two of them.
(c) She tells Norman she hates baseball and always has.
(d) She is quiet.
11. How does Ethel respond when Chelsea continues to speak about her father being difficult?
(a) She gets exasperated.
(b) She denies that he has been that difficult.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She is sympathetic.
12. What book does Norman suggest that Billy read?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) Where the Red Fern Grows.
(d) Star Wars.
13. What does Norman ask Chelsea about the rental car?
(a) How many miles is on it.
(b) How smoothly does it drive.
(c) How much it costs to rent it.
(d) What make it is.
14. What does Ethel worry about regarding Norman and Billy?
(a) That Norman will get angry at Billy and have a heart attack.
(b) That Billy will not be able to help Norman if he gets sick.
(c) She doesn't worry about them knowing they can take care of themselves.
(d) That Norman is working Billy too hard.
15. What does Bill say he saw when he comes into the house?
(a) A pair of loons.
(b) A bear.
(c) A doe with her fawn.
(d) A red-tailed hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doubts what he says he saw?
2. What is Norman's response to Ethel's reply?
3. What happened in Brussels with Bill and Chelsea?
4. How does Chelsea greet her father?
5. With what language is Norman helping Billy?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)