|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chelsea say about her attitude over the years?
(a) She has been sorrowful.
(b) She has had a chip on her shoulder.
(c) She has been indifferent.
(d) She has been belligerent.
2. What does Chelsea say in response to Norman's question about the car?
(a) Drives like it is riding on air.
(b) It really did not cost much.
(c) Less than 10,000 miles.
(d) She doesn't know.
3. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
(a) If Norman was to go skinny dipping.
(b) If Norman has been torturing Bill.
(c) If Norman thinks Bill will make a good husband for Chelsea.
(d) If Billy would like some milk and cookies.
4. How does Norman take Ethel's suggestion?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He argues.
(d) He pretends he does not hear her.
5. How does Norman react to Chelsea's news?
(a) He can't hear her talking.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is irate.
6. What slight derogatory comment does Norman make about Bill?
(a) That his dental work prices are outrageous.
(b) That he wants to sleep in the same room with Chelsea.
(c) That his son seems somewhat illiterate.
(d) That his teeth aren't very nice for being a dentist.
7. With what does Ethel replace the food Billy has in his hand?
(a) Two protein shakes.
(c) Pizza from the night before.
(d) Sandwiches, milk and raspberries.
8. What does Bill say he saw when he comes into the house?
(a) A doe with her fawn.
(b) A bear.
(c) A red-tailed hawk.
(d) A pair of loons.
9. What does Norman say about dancing when that topic arises?
(a) He regrets not ever taking Ethel dancing.
(b) He hates dancing since his gay son loves it.
(c) He and Ethel used to win ballroom dance contests when younger.
(d) His religion forbids dancing.
10. What does Ethel tell Chelsea that surprises Chelsea?
(a) That Ethel has to have surgery for cancer.
(b) That Charlie is hoping to steal Chelsea away from Bill.
(c) That her brother's remains have been found in Viet Nam.
(d) That Norman and Billy got along very well while they were in Europe.
11. What does young Billy announce when he enters the living room?
(a) That he wants to go fishing after dinner.
(b) That he is going to go read Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) That Ethel and Chelsea have decided to skinny dip.
(d) That he is starving and needs a snack.
12. What is the purpose of the things that are hanging?
(a) To make the living room more natural.
(b) To wish Norman a Happy Birthday and welcome to Chelsea.
(c) To demonstrate Norman's former prowess as a hunter.
(d) To show some family movies to Bill Ray.
13. What does Chelsea say about Norman's retirement dinner?
(a) That she thought it wasn't elaborate enough for how important Norman was to the company.
(b) That she was sorry she didn't go.
(c) She does not mention the retirement dinner.
(d) That she was so proud of him giving his speech.
14. What does Ethel suggest to Norman?
(a) That he try to get along with Chelsea's new boyfriend.
(b) That Norman eat with his mouth closed at dinner.
(c) That he invite Bill Ray to take a ride in the boat.
(d) That Norman not lecture Chelsea about anything.
15. Who is with Chelsea?
(a) Her best friend from high school.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what awkward arrangement does Bill ask?
2. What does Norman suggest Billy do about his walk?
3. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
4. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What surprises Billy about the lake cottage?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)