|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many summers have Norman and Ethel Thayer been coming to this setting?
2. Who is knocking on the door?
(a) The neighbor.
3. How old will Elmer be on his next birthday?
4. What is Charlie's response to Ethel's suggestion?
(a) Certain he can fix it.
(b) He loves the summer heat.
(c) Afraid it would be boring.
5. In answer to Norman's question as to why Charlie never married Chelsea, what does Charlie reply?
(a) Chelsea was pregnant by another guy.
(b) Charlie was never that interested in Chelsea.
(c) Norman wouldn't let Charlie marry Chelsea.
(d) Chelsea hated Charlie.
6. After Ethel comes into the house, what do she and Norman do?
(a) Turn on the t.v.
(b) Remove the cloths from the furniture.
(c) Make a cup of tea.
(d) Make up the beds with linens.
7. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
(b) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
(c) Go fishing with Norman.
(d) Stay out of the heat.
8. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
(a) They divorced years ago.
(b) He was married to another woman when he married Chelsea, so the marriage was annulled.
(c) He was killed in an airplane crash.
(d) His boat was lost at sea and he was never found.
9. Where are the bedrooms in this house?
(a) In a separate mother-in-law cabin.
(b) One big room serves as the living room and sleeping area.
(d) On the east end of the first floor.
10. Of what ethnic group does Norman seem prejudiced?
11. What does Ethel have in her arms?
(a) A picnic basket.
(b) An orphaned bird.
(c) The clothes off the line.
(d) A bundle of firewood.
12. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
(a) Her new boyfriend.
(b) Her two poodles.
(c) No one.
(d) Her best friend from high school.
13. How old is Norman's wife?
14. What is Norman using to aid his activity in the opening of the scene?
(a) Gourmet chef's cookware.
(b) A pulse meter.
(c) A hearing aid.
(d) A magnifying glass.
15. What is Ethel's response to Charlie's offer?
(a) That Charlie will have to buy a patch kit at the boat shop.
(b) That Norman will take care of it.
(c) That the pump works well enough for their needs.
(d) That she wants to change the kitchen faucet, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Norman say he will be on his next birthday?
2. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
3. For what reason is Chelsea going to visit?
4. What reason does Norman suggest for Elmer falling into the fireplace?
5. At whose picture does Norman look?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)