|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acts does this play have?
2. What happens with Charlie's visitor?
(a) They criticize Charlie for his messy house and clean it.
(b) He asks if Chelsea might be visiting her parents and leaves when he finds out she isn't.
(c) She falls in love with the police chief.
(d) He gets pulled over by the police twice.
3. When does Norman express interest in the contents of Chelsea's letter?
(a) When he hears that Chelsea had major surgery.
(b) When Ethel announces that her new boyfriend is a dentist.
(c) He never expresses any interest in the contents of her letter.
(d) When he learns that Chelsea inheirited his estranged brother's estate.
4. What does the couple watch as the scene closes?
(a) A pair of trumpeter swans on the lake.
(b) A mama bear and her cub lumbering along the shoreline.
(c) A pair of loons out on the lake.
(d) Two squirrels gathering nuts.
5. What is another thing Charlie brought with him?
(a) An invitation from his mother.
(b) Two freshly-caught bass.
(c) A letter from Chelsea.
(d) An armful of firewood.
6. Who does Ethel see in the woods?
7. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
(b) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
(c) Go fishing with Norman.
(d) Stay out of the heat.
8. Why didn't Norman pick any more berries?
(a) He went fishing instead.
(b) He got lost in the woods and was frightened.
(c) He thought it was unreasonable for Ethel to ask that of him.
(d) He couldn't find any ripe ones.
9. Who is knocking on the door?
(a) Norman's wife.
(b) No one.
(c) Billy Ray.
10. What happens to the package in question #27?
(a) It gets wet when the delivery boy falls in the water.
(b) It is delivered to the wrong address.
(c) Nothing; the package is delivered intact.
(d) It is moldy and is thrown out.
11. How old is Norman?
12. For what reason is Chelsea going to visit?
(a) To go fishing with Norman.
(b) Because she is moving overseas and it is the last time she'll see her parents for several years.
(c) To announce a big surprise.
(d) For Norman's birthday.
13. Who does Ethel invite in for coffee?
(a) The neighbor.
(d) The police chief.
14. About what does Ethel complain?
(a) That the postman dropped the letters in a puddle and got them wet.
(b) That Norman cheats at cards.
(c) That Norman never goes outside.
(d) That Chelsea hasn't called.
15. What has Ethel been doing?
(a) Rowing on the lake.
(b) Picking berries.
(c) Visiting with neighbors.
(d) Painting by the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chelsea living now?
2. What seems sad to Charlie?
3. What is the name of their daughter who visits them?
4. What does Ethel have in her arms?
5. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)