|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Norman express interest in the contents of Chelsea's letter?
(a) When he learns that Chelsea inheirited his estranged brother's estate.
(b) When Ethel announces that her new boyfriend is a dentist.
(c) When he hears that Chelsea had major surgery.
(d) He never expresses any interest in the contents of her letter.
2. What happened to Miss Appley last week?
(a) She died.
(b) She drove to New Hampshire.
(c) She gave a speech at the Daughters of the Revolution luncheon.
(d) She feel off a ladder.
3. How old was Miss Appley on her last birthday?
4. What happened to the screen door?
(a) It fell off its hinges.
(b) The spring on it popped off.
(c) Nothing; it is fine.
(d) The screen is torn.
5. Who liked Chelsea when he was young?
6. What is Ethel's response to Charlie's offer?
(a) That Charlie will have to buy a patch kit at the boat shop.
(b) That the pump works well enough for their needs.
(c) That she wants to change the kitchen faucet, too.
(d) That Norman will take care of it.
7. Who has visited Charlie recently?
(a) His parents.
(b) His best friend from college and a former boyfriend of Chelsea's.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
8. What is a possible reason why Norman hasn't gone fishing?
(a) He is getting senile and fearful.
(b) His pole is at the repair shop.
(c) The boat has a leak.
(d) The bass are about fished out of this lake.
9. Who does Ethel see in the woods?
10. What does Ethel plan to do with the berries she's picked?
(a) Take them to an ill neighbor.
(b) Freeze them.
(c) Make shortcake for dessert.
(d) Make jam.
11. How many acts does this play have?
12. What does Ethel have in her arms?
(a) An orphaned bird.
(b) A bundle of firewood.
(c) The clothes off the line.
(d) A picnic basket.
13. What does the operator ask Norman?
(a) Nothing because Norman does not talk with the operator.
(b) What is his phone number.
(c) What is the hospital's name where is brother is a patient.
(d) What is Chelsea's cell phone number.
14. Who is the person in the picture on the mantle that Norman is studying?
(a) Billy Ray.
(b) Norman cannot remember.
(c) His deceased son.
15. Of what ethnic group does Norman seem prejudiced?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is knocking on the door?
2. What happens to the package in question #27?
3. What does the couple watch as the scene closes?
4. In answer to Norman's question as to why Charlie never married Chelsea, what does Charlie reply?
5. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)