|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a possible reason why Norman hasn't gone fishing?
(a) His pole is at the repair shop.
(b) The boat has a leak.
(c) He is getting senile and fearful.
(d) The bass are about fished out of this lake.
2. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
(a) He was married to another woman when he married Chelsea, so the marriage was annulled.
(b) He was killed in an airplane crash.
(c) They divorced years ago.
(d) His boat was lost at sea and he was never found.
3. About what does Ethel complain?
(a) That Norman never goes outside.
(b) That Norman cheats at cards.
(c) That the postman dropped the letters in a puddle and got them wet.
(d) That Chelsea hasn't called.
4. Who does Ethel see in the woods?
5. For what reason is Chelsea going to visit?
(a) To announce a big surprise.
(b) For Norman's birthday.
(c) To go fishing with Norman.
(d) Because she is moving overseas and it is the last time she'll see her parents for several years.
6. Who liked Chelsea when he was young?
7. Why do Chelsea and her boyfriend leave young Billy with Norman and Ethel Thayer?
(a) He needs to be taught how to behave around older people.
(b) His camp canceled their summer program.
(c) He doesn't have any grandparents so wants them to be that to him.
(d) They are going to Europe.
8. Who is Elmer?
(a) A doll.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The caretaker.
(d) The fire chief.
9. What does Norman do when Ethel and Charlie are discussing Chelsea?
(a) Gets up and goes outside.
(b) Ties flys for fishing.
(c) Cleans his shotgun.
(d) Tries to interest Charlie in a discussion of baseball.
10. What is Norman concerned about in going to the neighbors' house for dinner?
(a) He has brought no dinner suit.
(b) He fears they will serve some Italian dish he will not enjoy
(c) Nothing; these are old friends of theirs.
(d) He doesn't know whether to bring white or red wine.
11. At whose picture does Norman look?
(a) Ethel and Norman's wedding photo.
(b) Chelsea and her husband's wedding photo.
(d) Billy Ray's.
12. What is the best description of the living room?
(b) Tidy and organized.
(d) Filled to overflowing with junk.
13. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
(a) To call Chelsea.
(b) To see if there is a dial tone.
(c) To call his office and check in.
(d) To call and order pizza delivery.
14. What is one thing Charlie brought with him?
(a) His collie.
(b) Pills for Norman's heart.
(c) A pound cake for Norman.
(d) A letter from the neighborhood association.
15. Who has visited Charlie recently?
(a) His best friend from college and a former boyfriend of Chelsea's.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
2. What happens to the package in question #27?
3. Why has the person called?
4. What is another thing Charlie brought with him?
5. What seems sad to Charlie?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)