|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Miss Appley on her last birthday?
2. Who has visited Charlie recently?
(a) His sister.
(b) His parents.
(c) His brother.
(d) His best friend from college and a former boyfriend of Chelsea's.
3. Instead of applying for a job, what does Ethel suggest Norman do?
(a) Vacuum the house.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Volunteer at the senior center.
(d) Go pick more berries.
4. What is Charlie's response to Ethel's suggestion?
(a) He loves the summer heat.
(b) Afraid it would be boring.
(d) Certain he can fix it.
5. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
(a) To ring up Chelsea's cell phone.
(b) Norman does not speak to the operator.
(c) To call his brother at the hospital.
(d) To call him back to check the phone's status.
6. Why didn't Norman pick any more berries?
(a) He got lost in the woods and was frightened.
(b) He went fishing instead.
(c) He couldn't find any ripe ones.
(d) He thought it was unreasonable for Ethel to ask that of him.
7. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
(a) He criticized her abilities when she was on the swim team.
(b) He thought she was Olympic material.
(c) He thought she shouldn't be on the swim team.
(d) He was happy that she was a superb diver.
8. Whose boat pulls up to the dock?
(b) No one's.
(c) The police chief's.
(d) The neighbor's.
9. What makes Norman believe he might be qualified for the job?
(a) He is a retired lawyer.
(b) He has owned more than 20 cars in his lifetime.
(c) He has had a flower garden every year.
(d) His mother was Italian.
10. What happened to the screen door?
(a) The spring on it popped off.
(b) It fell off its hinges.
(c) Nothing; it is fine.
(d) The screen is torn.
11. Who invites Ethel and Norman to dinner?
(a) No one.
(b) The Putnams.
(c) Chelsea and Bill.
(d) The Melciorris.
12. What is Norman doing when Act 1, Scene 2 opens?
(a) Talking to Chelsea on the telephone.
(b) Riding his exercise bike.
(c) Reading the classified ads.
(d) Cooking dinner.
13. What does Charlie offer to do for Ethel and Norman?
(a) Fix the screen door.
(b) Repair the well pump.
(c) Fix the small leak in the motorboat.
(d) Fix the plumbing under the sink.
14. What separates the kitchen from the living room?
(a) A swinging door.
(c) A bead curtin.
(d) A pocket door.
15. How many summers have Norman and Ethel Thayer been coming to this setting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of their daughter who visits them?
2. Who is on the phone when it rings?
3. Where is Chelsea going after stopping to see her parents?
4. How old is Norman?
5. At whose picture does Norman look?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)