|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates the kitchen from the living room?
(a) A swinging door.
(b) A pocket door.
(c) A bead curtin.
2. What seems sad to Charlie?
(a) That Chelsea never wanted to marry Charlie.
(b) That Chelsea has never had any children.
(c) That Chelsea lost her only son when he was three.
(d) That Norman has to be very careful of his heart.
3. In the story that Ethel tells about when the character in question #26 was young, what was he carrying?
(a) A dozen roses.
(b) Salt Water Taffy.
(c) A fishing pole and tackle box.
(d) A box of chocolates.
4. At whose picture does Norman look?
(a) Billy Ray's.
(b) Ethel and Norman's wedding photo.
(d) Chelsea and her husband's wedding photo.
5. Who does Norman yell to to ask him/her to open the door?
(b) The maid.
(c) The cook.
6. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Stay out of the heat.
(b) Go fishing with Norman.
(c) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
(d) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
7. Who is knocking on the door?
(a) Billy Ray.
(b) No one.
(c) Norman's wife.
8. What is Charlie's response to Ethel's suggestion?
(a) He loves the summer heat.
(b) Certain he can fix it.
(d) Afraid it would be boring.
9. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
(a) He thought she shouldn't be on the swim team.
(b) He was happy that she was a superb diver.
(c) He criticized her abilities when she was on the swim team.
(d) He thought she was Olympic material.
10. What does Charlie offer to do for Ethel and Norman?
(a) Fix the plumbing under the sink.
(b) Fix the small leak in the motorboat.
(c) Fix the screen door.
(d) Repair the well pump.
11. What happened to the screen door?
(a) The screen is torn.
(b) Nothing; it is fine.
(c) It fell off its hinges.
(d) The spring on it popped off.
12. What does Norman do when Ethel and Charlie are discussing Chelsea?
(a) Tries to interest Charlie in a discussion of baseball.
(b) Ties flys for fishing.
(c) Gets up and goes outside.
(d) Cleans his shotgun.
13. Why has the person called?
(a) To say that she would be there by dinner.
(b) Because Norman called that person.
(c) No one is on the phone.
(d) To tell Norman that he was in the hospital.
14. What is a possible reason why Norman hasn't gone fishing?
(a) The bass are about fished out of this lake.
(b) The boat has a leak.
(c) His pole is at the repair shop.
(d) He is getting senile and fearful.
15. How old does Norman say he will be on his next birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the package in question #27?
2. Who does Ethel see in the woods?
3. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
4. Of what ethnic group does Norman seem prejudiced?
5. What is Norman using to aid his activity in the opening of the scene?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)