|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates the kitchen from the living room?
(a) A bead curtin.
(b) A swinging door.
(d) A pocket door.
2. Of what ethnic group does Norman seem prejudiced?
3. About what does Ethel complain?
(a) That Chelsea hasn't called.
(b) That Norman never goes outside.
(c) That Norman cheats at cards.
(d) That the postman dropped the letters in a puddle and got them wet.
4. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
(a) He criticized her abilities when she was on the swim team.
(b) He thought she was Olympic material.
(c) He was happy that she was a superb diver.
(d) He thought she shouldn't be on the swim team.
5. What happens with Charlie's visitor?
(a) They criticize Charlie for his messy house and clean it.
(b) He gets pulled over by the police twice.
(c) She falls in love with the police chief.
(d) He asks if Chelsea might be visiting her parents and leaves when he finds out she isn't.
6. How old was Miss Appley on her last birthday?
7. What does Ethel have in her arms?
(a) A picnic basket.
(b) The clothes off the line.
(c) A bundle of firewood.
(d) An orphaned bird.
8. Where is Chelsea going after stopping to see her parents?
(a) To Disneyworld in Florida.
(d) The Grand Tetons.
9. How old is Norman?
10. At whose picture does Norman look?
(a) Billy Ray's.
(b) Chelsea and her husband's wedding photo.
(c) Ethel and Norman's wedding photo.
11. What does Charlie offer to do for Ethel and Norman?
(a) Repair the well pump.
(b) Fix the small leak in the motorboat.
(c) Fix the plumbing under the sink.
(d) Fix the screen door.
12. In answer to Norman's question as to why Charlie never married Chelsea, what does Charlie reply?
(a) Charlie was never that interested in Chelsea.
(b) Norman wouldn't let Charlie marry Chelsea.
(c) Chelsea hated Charlie.
(d) Chelsea was pregnant by another guy.
13. Why has the person called?
(a) Because Norman called that person.
(b) To tell Norman that he was in the hospital.
(c) No one is on the phone.
(d) To say that she would be there by dinner.
14. Who is Elmer?
(a) The caretaker.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The fire chief.
(d) A doll.
15. What is one thing Charlie brought with him?
(a) His collie.
(b) A pound cake for Norman.
(c) Pills for Norman's heart.
(d) A letter from the neighborhood association.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
2. What does the operator ask Norman?
3. How many acts does this play have?
4. Instead of applying for a job, what does Ethel suggest Norman do?
5. What has Ethel been doing?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)