|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates the kitchen from the living room?
(a) A swinging door.
(b) A bead curtin.
(c) A pocket door.
2. Who is knocking on the door?
(b) Billy Ray.
(c) Norman's wife.
(d) No one.
3. Where is Chelsea living now?
(c) New England.
4. Of what ethnic group does Norman seem prejudiced?
5. When does Norman express interest in the contents of Chelsea's letter?
(a) When Ethel announces that her new boyfriend is a dentist.
(b) He never expresses any interest in the contents of her letter.
(c) When he hears that Chelsea had major surgery.
(d) When he learns that Chelsea inheirited his estranged brother's estate.
6. What reason does Norman suggest for Elmer falling into the fireplace?
(a) He is attempting suicide.
(b) He is old and clumsy.
(c) He did not fall in the fireplace; he fell down the chimney.
(d) He wanted attention from Ethel.
7. After Ethel comes into the house, what do she and Norman do?
(a) Make a cup of tea.
(b) Turn on the t.v.
(c) Remove the cloths from the furniture.
(d) Make up the beds with linens.
8. In the story that Ethel tells about when the character in question #26 was young, what was he carrying?
(a) A fishing pole and tackle box.
(b) Salt Water Taffy.
(c) A dozen roses.
(d) A box of chocolates.
9. What happened to the screen door?
(a) It fell off its hinges.
(b) The spring on it popped off.
(c) The screen is torn.
(d) Nothing; it is fine.
10. Who liked Chelsea when he was young?
11. Why didn't Norman pick any more berries?
(a) He thought it was unreasonable for Ethel to ask that of him.
(b) He went fishing instead.
(c) He got lost in the woods and was frightened.
(d) He couldn't find any ripe ones.
12. What is the best description of the living room?
(c) Tidy and organized.
(d) Filled to overflowing with junk.
13. What does Ethel have in her arms?
(a) The clothes off the line.
(b) A bundle of firewood.
(c) An orphaned bird.
(d) A picnic basket.
14. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
(b) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
(c) Go fishing with Norman.
(d) Stay out of the heat.
15. What is a possible reason why Norman hasn't gone fishing?
(a) The boat has a leak.
(b) The bass are about fished out of this lake.
(c) He is getting senile and fearful.
(d) His pole is at the repair shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Miss Appley on her last birthday?
2. How many summers have Norman and Ethel Thayer been coming to this setting?
3. Where do Norman and Ethel Thayer return for their anniversary?
4. What is Ethel's response to Charlie's offer?
5. How many acts does this play have?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)