|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman using to aid his activity in the opening of the scene?
(a) A hearing aid.
(b) A magnifying glass.
(c) Gourmet chef's cookware.
(d) A pulse meter.
2. Who does Norman yell to to ask him/her to open the door?
(a) The cook.
(c) The maid.
3. Of what ethnic group does Norman seem prejudiced?
4. How old was Miss Appley on her last birthday?
5. Who is Elmer?
(a) The fire chief.
(b) The caretaker.
(c) A doll.
(d) The police chief.
6. What does the operator ask Norman?
(a) Nothing because Norman does not talk with the operator.
(b) What is Chelsea's cell phone number.
(c) What is the hospital's name where is brother is a patient.
(d) What is his phone number.
7. When does Norman express interest in the contents of Chelsea's letter?
(a) When he hears that Chelsea had major surgery.
(b) When Ethel announces that her new boyfriend is a dentist.
(c) He never expresses any interest in the contents of her letter.
(d) When he learns that Chelsea inheirited his estranged brother's estate.
8. Who is knocking on the door?
(a) The neighbor.
9. What is the name of their daughter who visits them?
10. For what reason is Chelsea going to visit?
(a) To announce a big surprise.
(b) Because she is moving overseas and it is the last time she'll see her parents for several years.
(c) To go fishing with Norman.
(d) For Norman's birthday.
11. What is Ethel's response to Charlie's offer?
(a) That Charlie will have to buy a patch kit at the boat shop.
(b) That Norman will take care of it.
(c) That the pump works well enough for their needs.
(d) That she wants to change the kitchen faucet, too.
12. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
(a) To ring up Chelsea's cell phone.
(b) Norman does not speak to the operator.
(c) To call his brother at the hospital.
(d) To call him back to check the phone's status.
13. What is Norman doing when Act 1, Scene 2 opens?
(a) Riding his exercise bike.
(b) Talking to Chelsea on the telephone.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Reading the classified ads.
14. Who does Ethel invite in for coffee?
(c) The police chief.
(d) The neighbor.
15. At whose picture does Norman look?
(a) Billy Ray's.
(b) Chelsea and her husband's wedding photo.
(d) Ethel and Norman's wedding photo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Miss Appley last week?
2. Instead of applying for a job, what does Ethel suggest Norman do?
3. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
4. How could Norman's memory best be described?
5. What makes Norman believe he might be qualified for the job?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)