Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of their daughter who visits them?
2. Who does Ethel invite in for coffee?
(a) The neighbor.
(c) The police chief.
3. What does the operator ask Norman?
(a) What is his phone number.
(b) What is the hospital's name where is brother is a patient.
(c) Nothing because Norman does not talk with the operator.
(d) What is Chelsea's cell phone number.
4. In what year is the house at Golden Pond built?
5. In answer to Norman's question as to why Charlie never married Chelsea, what does Charlie reply?
(a) Chelsea hated Charlie.
(b) Charlie was never that interested in Chelsea.
(c) Chelsea was pregnant by another guy.
(d) Norman wouldn't let Charlie marry Chelsea.
6. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
(a) Her new boyfriend.
(b) No one.
(c) Her two poodles.
(d) Her best friend from high school.
7. What happened to Miss Appley last week?
(a) She died.
(b) She gave a speech at the Daughters of the Revolution luncheon.
(c) She feel off a ladder.
(d) She drove to New Hampshire.
8. For what reason is Chelsea going to visit?
(a) To go fishing with Norman.
(b) For Norman's birthday.
(c) To announce a big surprise.
(d) Because she is moving overseas and it is the last time she'll see her parents for several years.
9. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
(a) That they have been together for so many years and must have had a great love affair.
(b) That they have lived into their 90s.
(c) That they had both been asked for marriage by the same man and each in turn had said no.
(d) That they are identical twins and still are impossible to tell apart.
10. How many acts does this play have?
11. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
(b) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
(c) Stay out of the heat.
(d) Go fishing with Norman.
12. Who invites Ethel and Norman to dinner?
(a) The Putnams.
(b) The Melciorris.
(c) Chelsea and Bill.
(d) No one.
13. What is the best description of the living room?
(c) Filled to overflowing with junk.
(d) Tidy and organized.
14. What reason does Norman suggest for Elmer falling into the fireplace?
(a) He is attempting suicide.
(b) He wanted attention from Ethel.
(c) He is old and clumsy.
(d) He did not fall in the fireplace; he fell down the chimney.
15. What does Ethel have in her arms?
(a) A picnic basket.
(b) An orphaned bird.
(c) The clothes off the line.
(d) A bundle of firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Norman's memory best be described?
2. How many summers have Norman and Ethel Thayer been coming to this setting?
3. What is Norman doing when Act 1, Scene 2 opens?
4. Why does Ethel hand Norman a bucket?
5. What is Norman concerned about in going to the neighbors' house for dinner?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)