|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who liked Chelsea when he was young?
2. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
(a) To call Chelsea.
(b) To call his office and check in.
(c) To see if there is a dial tone.
(d) To call and order pizza delivery.
3. How old will Elmer be on his next birthday?
4. What does Charlie offer to do for Ethel and Norman?
(a) Repair the well pump.
(b) Fix the small leak in the motorboat.
(c) Fix the plumbing under the sink.
(d) Fix the screen door.
5. What does the operator ask Norman?
(a) What is Chelsea's cell phone number.
(b) What is his phone number.
(c) Nothing because Norman does not talk with the operator.
(d) What is the hospital's name where is brother is a patient.
6. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
(a) He was killed in an airplane crash.
(b) He was married to another woman when he married Chelsea, so the marriage was annulled.
(c) His boat was lost at sea and he was never found.
(d) They divorced years ago.
7. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
(a) To call his brother at the hospital.
(b) Norman does not speak to the operator.
(c) To ring up Chelsea's cell phone.
(d) To call him back to check the phone's status.
8. Who is Elmer?
(a) The caretaker.
(b) A doll.
(c) The police chief.
(d) The fire chief.
9. What happens to the package in question #27?
(a) Nothing; the package is delivered intact.
(b) It is moldy and is thrown out.
(c) It gets wet when the delivery boy falls in the water.
(d) It is delivered to the wrong address.
10. Who does Ethel see in the woods?
11. Where are the bedrooms in this house?
(a) On the east end of the first floor.
(b) In a separate mother-in-law cabin.
(c) One big room serves as the living room and sleeping area.
12. Why does Ethel hand Norman a bucket?
(a) To draw some water from the well.
(b) To water the indoor plants.
(c) To fix the handle.
(d) To go pick more berries.
13. In the story that Ethel tells about when the character in question #26 was young, what was he carrying?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A fishing pole and tackle box.
(c) A dozen roses.
(d) Salt Water Taffy.
14. Who does Ethel invite in for coffee?
(a) The neighbor.
(d) The police chief.
15. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
(a) He thought she was Olympic material.
(b) He thought she shouldn't be on the swim team.
(c) He was happy that she was a superb diver.
(d) He criticized her abilities when she was on the swim team.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acts does this play have?
2. For what job does Norman contemplate applying?
3. What happened to Miss Appley last week?
4. How old does Norman say he will be on his next birthday?
5. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)