|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
(a) Her two poodles.
(b) No one.
(c) Her best friend from high school.
(d) Her new boyfriend.
2. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
(a) That they had both been asked for marriage by the same man and each in turn had said no.
(b) That they are identical twins and still are impossible to tell apart.
(c) That they have been together for so many years and must have had a great love affair.
(d) That they have lived into their 90s.
3. Who liked Chelsea when he was young?
4. Where are the bedrooms in this house?
(b) In a separate mother-in-law cabin.
(c) On the east end of the first floor.
(d) One big room serves as the living room and sleeping area.
5. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Go fishing with Norman.
(b) Stay out of the heat.
(c) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
(d) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
6. What happened to Miss Appley last week?
(a) She drove to New Hampshire.
(b) She gave a speech at the Daughters of the Revolution luncheon.
(c) She died.
(d) She feel off a ladder.
7. Who is knocking on the door?
(b) The neighbor.
8. About what does Ethel complain?
(a) That Norman never goes outside.
(b) That Norman cheats at cards.
(c) That Chelsea hasn't called.
(d) That the postman dropped the letters in a puddle and got them wet.
9. Whose boat pulls up to the dock?
(b) The police chief's.
(c) The neighbor's.
(d) No one's.
10. For what reason is Chelsea going to visit?
(a) To go fishing with Norman.
(b) Because she is moving overseas and it is the last time she'll see her parents for several years.
(c) For Norman's birthday.
(d) To announce a big surprise.
11. What does the operator ask Norman?
(a) What is Chelsea's cell phone number.
(b) What is the hospital's name where is brother is a patient.
(c) Nothing because Norman does not talk with the operator.
(d) What is his phone number.
12. Who is knocking on the door?
(a) Billy Ray.
(b) No one.
(d) Norman's wife.
13. What is one thing Charlie brought with him?
(a) His collie.
(b) A letter from the neighborhood association.
(c) A pound cake for Norman.
(d) Pills for Norman's heart.
14. What is a possible reason why Norman hasn't gone fishing?
(a) The boat has a leak.
(b) He is getting senile and fearful.
(c) His pole is at the repair shop.
(d) The bass are about fished out of this lake.
15. What does the couple watch as the scene closes?
(a) A mama bear and her cub lumbering along the shoreline.
(b) A pair of loons out on the lake.
(c) Two squirrels gathering nuts.
(d) A pair of trumpeter swans on the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ethel's response to Charlie's offer?
2. What does Ethel have in her arms?
3. Who does Norman yell to to ask him/her to open the door?
4. What reason does Norman suggest for Elmer falling into the fireplace?
5. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)