|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Norman believe he might be qualified for the job?
(a) His mother was Italian.
(b) He has had a flower garden every year.
(c) He is a retired lawyer.
(d) He has owned more than 20 cars in his lifetime.
2. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
(a) Norman does not speak to the operator.
(b) To call his brother at the hospital.
(c) To call him back to check the phone's status.
(d) To ring up Chelsea's cell phone.
3. Where is Chelsea living now?
(d) New England.
4. Where are the bedrooms in this house?
(a) One big room serves as the living room and sleeping area.
(b) In a separate mother-in-law cabin.
(d) On the east end of the first floor.
5. Why didn't Norman pick any more berries?
(a) He couldn't find any ripe ones.
(b) He got lost in the woods and was frightened.
(c) He thought it was unreasonable for Ethel to ask that of him.
(d) He went fishing instead.
6. At whose picture does Norman look?
(a) Billy Ray's.
(b) Ethel and Norman's wedding photo.
(c) Chelsea and her husband's wedding photo.
7. How old will Elmer be on his next birthday?
8. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
(a) Her two poodles.
(b) No one.
(c) Her new boyfriend.
(d) Her best friend from high school.
9. What is Charlie's response to Ethel's suggestion?
(b) Certain he can fix it.
(c) He loves the summer heat.
(d) Afraid it would be boring.
10. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
(a) That they had both been asked for marriage by the same man and each in turn had said no.
(b) That they have lived into their 90s.
(c) That they are identical twins and still are impossible to tell apart.
(d) That they have been together for so many years and must have had a great love affair.
11. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
(a) His boat was lost at sea and he was never found.
(b) They divorced years ago.
(c) He was killed in an airplane crash.
(d) He was married to another woman when he married Chelsea, so the marriage was annulled.
12. What is Norman concerned about in going to the neighbors' house for dinner?
(a) He doesn't know whether to bring white or red wine.
(b) Nothing; these are old friends of theirs.
(c) He has brought no dinner suit.
(d) He fears they will serve some Italian dish he will not enjoy
13. What seems sad to Charlie?
(a) That Chelsea lost her only son when he was three.
(b) That Norman has to be very careful of his heart.
(c) That Chelsea has never had any children.
(d) That Chelsea never wanted to marry Charlie.
14. What is the best description of the living room?
(a) Tidy and organized.
(d) Filled to overflowing with junk.
15. How many acts does this play have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person in the picture on the mantle that Norman is studying?
2. Who does Ethel invite in for coffee?
3. How old does Norman say he will be on his next birthday?
4. What is Ethel's response to Charlie's offer?
5. Who is on the phone when it rings?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)