|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the bedrooms in this house?
(a) On the east end of the first floor.
(b) In a separate mother-in-law cabin.
(d) One big room serves as the living room and sleeping area.
2. When does Norman express interest in the contents of Chelsea's letter?
(a) When he hears that Chelsea had major surgery.
(b) When Ethel announces that her new boyfriend is a dentist.
(c) When he learns that Chelsea inheirited his estranged brother's estate.
(d) He never expresses any interest in the contents of her letter.
3. What seems sad to Charlie?
(a) That Chelsea never wanted to marry Charlie.
(b) That Chelsea has never had any children.
(c) That Norman has to be very careful of his heart.
(d) That Chelsea lost her only son when he was three.
4. What does Ethel have in her arms?
(a) A picnic basket.
(b) A bundle of firewood.
(c) The clothes off the line.
(d) An orphaned bird.
5. What happens to the package in question #27?
(a) Nothing; the package is delivered intact.
(b) It gets wet when the delivery boy falls in the water.
(c) It is moldy and is thrown out.
(d) It is delivered to the wrong address.
6. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
(a) To call and order pizza delivery.
(b) To call Chelsea.
(c) To call his office and check in.
(d) To see if there is a dial tone.
7. What is a possible reason why Norman hasn't gone fishing?
(a) He is getting senile and fearful.
(b) The bass are about fished out of this lake.
(c) The boat has a leak.
(d) His pole is at the repair shop.
8. How old is Norman?
9. Why has the person called?
(a) Because Norman called that person.
(b) To tell Norman that he was in the hospital.
(c) To say that she would be there by dinner.
(d) No one is on the phone.
10. How old was Miss Appley on her last birthday?
11. Who is knocking on the door?
(c) The neighbor.
12. What is one thing Charlie brought with him?
(a) A pound cake for Norman.
(b) Pills for Norman's heart.
(c) A letter from the neighborhood association.
(d) His collie.
13. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
(a) That they have lived into their 90s.
(b) That they are identical twins and still are impossible to tell apart.
(c) That they have been together for so many years and must have had a great love affair.
(d) That they had both been asked for marriage by the same man and each in turn had said no.
14. Who is the person in the picture on the mantle that Norman is studying?
(a) Norman cannot remember.
(b) Billy Ray.
(d) His deceased son.
15. Who does Ethel invite in for coffee?
(a) The police chief.
(d) The neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ethel been doing?
2. Why does Ethel hand Norman a bucket?
3. How old will Elmer be on his next birthday?
4. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
5. At whose picture does Norman look?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)