|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what job does Norman contemplate applying?
(a) Guardian ad litem.
(c) Pizza delivery.
2. What does Ethel plan to do with the berries she's picked?
(a) Freeze them.
(b) Make shortcake for dessert.
(c) Take them to an ill neighbor.
(d) Make jam.
3. What happened to the screen door?
(a) It fell off its hinges.
(b) Nothing; it is fine.
(c) The screen is torn.
(d) The spring on it popped off.
4. What separates the kitchen from the living room?
(b) A pocket door.
(c) A bead curtin.
(d) A swinging door.
5. What happens to the package in question #27?
(a) It is moldy and is thrown out.
(b) It is delivered to the wrong address.
(c) It gets wet when the delivery boy falls in the water.
(d) Nothing; the package is delivered intact.
6. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Go fishing with Norman.
(b) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
(c) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
(d) Stay out of the heat.
7. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
(a) That they have lived into their 90s.
(b) That they have been together for so many years and must have had a great love affair.
(c) That they are identical twins and still are impossible to tell apart.
(d) That they had both been asked for marriage by the same man and each in turn had said no.
8. What is Ethel's response to Charlie's offer?
(a) That the pump works well enough for their needs.
(b) That Charlie will have to buy a patch kit at the boat shop.
(c) That she wants to change the kitchen faucet, too.
(d) That Norman will take care of it.
9. What is the best description of the living room?
(b) Filled to overflowing with junk.
(d) Tidy and organized.
10. Why do Chelsea and her boyfriend leave young Billy with Norman and Ethel Thayer?
(a) They are going to Europe.
(b) He doesn't have any grandparents so wants them to be that to him.
(c) He needs to be taught how to behave around older people.
(d) His camp canceled their summer program.
11. Who is Elmer?
(a) The police chief.
(b) A doll.
(c) The caretaker.
(d) The fire chief.
12. Who does Norman yell to to ask him/her to open the door?
(b) The maid.
(c) The cook.
13. What does the operator ask Norman?
(a) What is Chelsea's cell phone number.
(b) What is the hospital's name where is brother is a patient.
(c) What is his phone number.
(d) Nothing because Norman does not talk with the operator.
14. What happened to Miss Appley last week?
(a) She feel off a ladder.
(b) She drove to New Hampshire.
(c) She died.
(d) She gave a speech at the Daughters of the Revolution luncheon.
15. What does Ethel have in her arms?
(a) A bundle of firewood.
(b) The clothes off the line.
(c) An orphaned bird.
(d) A picnic basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
2. How old is Norman?
3. How old is Norman's wife?
4. What has Ethel been doing?
5. How many acts does this play have?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)