|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Norman suggest for Elmer falling into the fireplace?
(a) He is attempting suicide.
(b) He wanted attention from Ethel.
(c) He is old and clumsy.
(d) He did not fall in the fireplace; he fell down the chimney.
2. What is Norman using to aid his activity in the opening of the scene?
(a) Gourmet chef's cookware.
(b) A pulse meter.
(c) A hearing aid.
(d) A magnifying glass.
3. Who is on the phone when it rings?
(b) No one.
(c) The operator.
(d) Norman's brother.
4. Who is knocking on the door?
(a) Norman's wife.
(b) Billy Ray.
(c) No one.
5. What happens to the package in question #27?
(a) It is moldy and is thrown out.
(b) It is delivered to the wrong address.
(c) Nothing; the package is delivered intact.
(d) It gets wet when the delivery boy falls in the water.
6. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Stay out of the heat.
(b) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
(c) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
(d) Go fishing with Norman.
7. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
(a) To see if there is a dial tone.
(b) To call and order pizza delivery.
(c) To call Chelsea.
(d) To call his office and check in.
8. Who invites Ethel and Norman to dinner?
(a) Chelsea and Bill.
(b) The Putnams.
(c) No one.
(d) The Melciorris.
9. What is the best description of the living room?
(c) Tidy and organized.
(d) Filled to overflowing with junk.
10. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
(a) Norman does not speak to the operator.
(b) To call him back to check the phone's status.
(c) To ring up Chelsea's cell phone.
(d) To call his brother at the hospital.
11. What is Charlie's response to Ethel's suggestion?
(a) Afraid it would be boring.
(b) He loves the summer heat.
(c) Certain he can fix it.
12. How old is Norman?
13. What is Norman concerned about in going to the neighbors' house for dinner?
(a) He doesn't know whether to bring white or red wine.
(b) He fears they will serve some Italian dish he will not enjoy
(c) Nothing; these are old friends of theirs.
(d) He has brought no dinner suit.
14. Who does Ethel see in the woods?
15. What does Ethel have in her arms?
(a) A bundle of firewood.
(b) An orphaned bird.
(c) A picnic basket.
(d) The clothes off the line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates the kitchen from the living room?
2. In what year is the house at Golden Pond built?
3. Who is the person in the picture on the mantle that Norman is studying?
4. How old was Miss Appley on her last birthday?
5. Instead of applying for a job, what does Ethel suggest Norman do?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)