|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the operator ask Norman?
(a) Nothing because Norman does not talk with the operator.
(b) What is his phone number.
(c) What is the hospital's name where is brother is a patient.
(d) What is Chelsea's cell phone number.
2. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Go fishing with Norman.
(b) Stay out of the heat.
(c) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
(d) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
3. Why didn't Norman pick any more berries?
(a) He thought it was unreasonable for Ethel to ask that of him.
(b) He couldn't find any ripe ones.
(c) He went fishing instead.
(d) He got lost in the woods and was frightened.
4. What is Norman doing when Act 1, Scene 2 opens?
(a) Reading the classified ads.
(b) Talking to Chelsea on the telephone.
(c) Riding his exercise bike.
(d) Cooking dinner.
5. Whose boat pulls up to the dock?
(a) The police chief's.
(b) The neighbor's.
(c) No one's.
6. How old was Miss Appley on her last birthday?
7. What does Ethel plan to do with the berries she's picked?
(a) Take them to an ill neighbor.
(b) Freeze them.
(c) Make jam.
(d) Make shortcake for dessert.
8. What is Norman using to aid his activity in the opening of the scene?
(a) Gourmet chef's cookware.
(b) A hearing aid.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A pulse meter.
9. How many summers have Norman and Ethel Thayer been coming to this setting?
10. Who invites Ethel and Norman to dinner?
(a) The Melciorris.
(b) Chelsea and Bill.
(c) No one.
(d) The Putnams.
11. For what reason is Chelsea going to visit?
(a) Because she is moving overseas and it is the last time she'll see her parents for several years.
(b) To announce a big surprise.
(c) For Norman's birthday.
(d) To go fishing with Norman.
12. In answer to Norman's question as to why Charlie never married Chelsea, what does Charlie reply?
(a) Charlie was never that interested in Chelsea.
(b) Chelsea hated Charlie.
(c) Chelsea was pregnant by another guy.
(d) Norman wouldn't let Charlie marry Chelsea.
13. What separates the kitchen from the living room?
(a) A bead curtin.
(b) A swinging door.
(c) A pocket door.
14. Where do Norman and Ethel Thayer return for their anniversary?
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(c) Golden Pond.
(d) Boothbay Harbor.
15. What happened to the screen door?
(a) It fell off its hinges.
(b) Nothing; it is fine.
(c) The screen is torn.
(d) The spring on it popped off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Norman say he will be on his next birthday?
2. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
3. What is Ethel's response to Charlie's offer?
4. What happens with Charlie's visitor?
5. Who is knocking on the door?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)