|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who liked Chelsea when he was young?
2. Why has the person called?
(a) To tell Norman that he was in the hospital.
(b) Because Norman called that person.
(c) No one is on the phone.
(d) To say that she would be there by dinner.
3. What does the couple watch as the scene closes?
(a) A mama bear and her cub lumbering along the shoreline.
(b) A pair of trumpeter swans on the lake.
(c) Two squirrels gathering nuts.
(d) A pair of loons out on the lake.
4. What happens to the package in question #27?
(a) It gets wet when the delivery boy falls in the water.
(b) It is delivered to the wrong address.
(c) It is moldy and is thrown out.
(d) Nothing; the package is delivered intact.
5. What happens with Charlie's visitor?
(a) They criticize Charlie for his messy house and clean it.
(b) She falls in love with the police chief.
(c) He gets pulled over by the police twice.
(d) He asks if Chelsea might be visiting her parents and leaves when he finds out she isn't.
6. Who is knocking on the door?
(d) The neighbor.
7. Where is Chelsea going after stopping to see her parents?
(a) To Disneyworld in Florida.
(c) The Grand Tetons.
8. What is Norman using to aid his activity in the opening of the scene?
(a) A hearing aid.
(b) A pulse meter.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) Gourmet chef's cookware.
9. Who does Ethel invite in for coffee?
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The police chief.
10. Who has visited Charlie recently?
(a) His best friend from college and a former boyfriend of Chelsea's.
(b) His sister.
(c) His parents.
(d) His brother.
11. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
(a) His boat was lost at sea and he was never found.
(b) They divorced years ago.
(c) He was killed in an airplane crash.
(d) He was married to another woman when he married Chelsea, so the marriage was annulled.
12. After Ethel comes into the house, what do she and Norman do?
(a) Turn on the t.v.
(b) Make up the beds with linens.
(c) Make a cup of tea.
(d) Remove the cloths from the furniture.
13. What seems sad to Charlie?
(a) That Chelsea has never had any children.
(b) That Norman has to be very careful of his heart.
(c) That Chelsea never wanted to marry Charlie.
(d) That Chelsea lost her only son when he was three.
14. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
(a) To see if there is a dial tone.
(b) To call and order pizza delivery.
(c) To call Chelsea.
(d) To call his office and check in.
15. Instead of applying for a job, what does Ethel suggest Norman do?
(a) Go pick more berries.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Vacuum the house.
(d) Volunteer at the senior center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a possible reason why Norman hasn't gone fishing?
2. What is Norman concerned about in going to the neighbors' house for dinner?
3. Why does Ethel hand Norman a bucket?
4. Who is Elmer?
5. Who invites Ethel and Norman to dinner?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)