|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman using to aid his activity in the opening of the scene?
(a) Gourmet chef's cookware.
(b) A hearing aid.
(c) A pulse meter.
(d) A magnifying glass.
2. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
(a) He thought she shouldn't be on the swim team.
(b) He thought she was Olympic material.
(c) He was happy that she was a superb diver.
(d) He criticized her abilities when she was on the swim team.
3. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
(a) Her new boyfriend.
(b) No one.
(c) Her two poodles.
(d) Her best friend from high school.
4. What does Norman do when Ethel and Charlie are discussing Chelsea?
(a) Ties flys for fishing.
(b) Tries to interest Charlie in a discussion of baseball.
(c) Gets up and goes outside.
(d) Cleans his shotgun.
5. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
(a) To see if there is a dial tone.
(b) To call and order pizza delivery.
(c) To call Chelsea.
(d) To call his office and check in.
6. Who does Ethel invite in for coffee?
(b) The neighbor.
(d) The police chief.
7. Why didn't Norman pick any more berries?
(a) He couldn't find any ripe ones.
(b) He thought it was unreasonable for Ethel to ask that of him.
(c) He went fishing instead.
(d) He got lost in the woods and was frightened.
8. Where do Norman and Ethel Thayer return for their anniversary?
(a) Golden Pond.
(c) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) Boothbay Harbor.
9. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
(a) His boat was lost at sea and he was never found.
(b) He was married to another woman when he married Chelsea, so the marriage was annulled.
(c) They divorced years ago.
(d) He was killed in an airplane crash.
10. About what does Ethel complain?
(a) That Norman never goes outside.
(b) That Norman cheats at cards.
(c) That Chelsea hasn't called.
(d) That the postman dropped the letters in a puddle and got them wet.
11. What happens to the package in question #27?
(a) It gets wet when the delivery boy falls in the water.
(b) It is moldy and is thrown out.
(c) Nothing; the package is delivered intact.
(d) It is delivered to the wrong address.
12. How old will Elmer be on his next birthday?
13. What happens with Charlie's visitor?
(a) They criticize Charlie for his messy house and clean it.
(b) She falls in love with the police chief.
(c) He gets pulled over by the police twice.
(d) He asks if Chelsea might be visiting her parents and leaves when he finds out she isn't.
14. In the story that Ethel tells about when the character in question #26 was young, what was he carrying?
(a) A fishing pole and tackle box.
(b) Salt Water Taffy.
(c) A dozen roses.
(d) A box of chocolates.
15. What is Charlie's response to Ethel's suggestion?
(b) Afraid it would be boring.
(c) He loves the summer heat.
(d) Certain he can fix it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ethel see in the woods?
2. How many acts does this play have?
3. How old was Miss Appley on her last birthday?
4. Of what ethnic group does Norman seem prejudiced?
5. What does Charlie offer to do for Ethel and Norman?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)