|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman doing when Act 1, Scene 2 opens?
(a) Reading the classified ads.
(b) Talking to Chelsea on the telephone.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Riding his exercise bike.
2. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
(a) To call and order pizza delivery.
(b) To see if there is a dial tone.
(c) To call Chelsea.
(d) To call his office and check in.
3. How old is Norman?
4. In answer to Norman's question as to why Charlie never married Chelsea, what does Charlie reply?
(a) Chelsea was pregnant by another guy.
(b) Charlie was never that interested in Chelsea.
(c) Norman wouldn't let Charlie marry Chelsea.
(d) Chelsea hated Charlie.
5. Who is the person in the picture on the mantle that Norman is studying?
(a) Norman cannot remember.
(b) Billy Ray.
(c) His deceased son.
6. How old is Norman's wife?
7. Why do Chelsea and her boyfriend leave young Billy with Norman and Ethel Thayer?
(a) He doesn't have any grandparents so wants them to be that to him.
(b) They are going to Europe.
(c) He needs to be taught how to behave around older people.
(d) His camp canceled their summer program.
8. Who has visited Charlie recently?
(a) His sister.
(b) His best friend from college and a former boyfriend of Chelsea's.
(c) His parents.
(d) His brother.
9. What happened to the screen door?
(a) It fell off its hinges.
(b) The screen is torn.
(c) The spring on it popped off.
(d) Nothing; it is fine.
10. What is the name of their daughter who visits them?
11. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
(a) No one.
(b) Her best friend from high school.
(c) Her new boyfriend.
(d) Her two poodles.
12. Whose boat pulls up to the dock?
(b) No one's.
(c) The police chief's.
(d) The neighbor's.
13. What reason does Norman suggest for Elmer falling into the fireplace?
(a) He did not fall in the fireplace; he fell down the chimney.
(b) He is attempting suicide.
(c) He is old and clumsy.
(d) He wanted attention from Ethel.
14. What does Ethel plan to do with the berries she's picked?
(a) Take them to an ill neighbor.
(b) Freeze them.
(c) Make shortcake for dessert.
(d) Make jam.
15. What is another thing Charlie brought with him?
(a) An invitation from his mother.
(b) Two freshly-caught bass.
(c) An armful of firewood.
(d) A letter from Chelsea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old will Elmer be on his next birthday?
2. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
3. Who is Elmer?
4. What is a possible reason why Norman hasn't gone fishing?
5. Who liked Chelsea when he was young?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)