|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Chelsea and her boyfriend leave young Billy with Norman and Ethel Thayer?
(a) They are going to Europe.
(b) He doesn't have any grandparents so wants them to be that to him.
(c) He needs to be taught how to behave around older people.
(d) His camp canceled their summer program.
2. What happened to Miss Appley last week?
(a) She drove to New Hampshire.
(b) She feel off a ladder.
(c) She died.
(d) She gave a speech at the Daughters of the Revolution luncheon.
3. What is one thing Charlie brought with him?
(a) A pound cake for Norman.
(b) A letter from the neighborhood association.
(c) Pills for Norman's heart.
(d) His collie.
4. Who is on the phone when it rings?
(a) Norman's brother.
(b) No one.
(d) The operator.
5. For what reason is Chelsea going to visit?
(a) To announce a big surprise.
(b) To go fishing with Norman.
(c) Because she is moving overseas and it is the last time she'll see her parents for several years.
(d) For Norman's birthday.
6. What is Norman doing when Act 1, Scene 2 opens?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Riding his exercise bike.
(c) Talking to Chelsea on the telephone.
(d) Reading the classified ads.
7. Who does Norman yell to to ask him/her to open the door?
(a) The maid.
(b) The cook.
8. Who does Ethel see in the woods?
9. For what job does Norman contemplate applying?
(b) Guardian ad litem.
(d) Pizza delivery.
10. What does Ethel plan to do with the berries she's picked?
(a) Make jam.
(b) Take them to an ill neighbor.
(c) Make shortcake for dessert.
(d) Freeze them.
11. At whose picture does Norman look?
(b) Ethel and Norman's wedding photo.
(c) Billy Ray's.
(d) Chelsea and her husband's wedding photo.
12. What does Ethel find intriguing about Miss Appley and Miss Tate?
(a) That they had both been asked for marriage by the same man and each in turn had said no.
(b) That they are identical twins and still are impossible to tell apart.
(c) That they have been together for so many years and must have had a great love affair.
(d) That they have lived into their 90s.
13. What happens with Charlie's visitor?
(a) She falls in love with the police chief.
(b) He gets pulled over by the police twice.
(c) He asks if Chelsea might be visiting her parents and leaves when he finds out she isn't.
(d) They criticize Charlie for his messy house and clean it.
14. Who invites Ethel and Norman to dinner?
(a) No one.
(b) Chelsea and Bill.
(c) The Putnams.
(d) The Melciorris.
15. About what does Ethel complain?
(a) That the postman dropped the letters in a puddle and got them wet.
(b) That Chelsea hasn't called.
(c) That Norman cheats at cards.
(d) That Norman never goes outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who liked Chelsea when he was young?
2. In what year is the house at Golden Pond built?
3. What does Ethel have in her arms?
4. Why has the person called?
5. In the story that Ethel tells about when the character in question #26 was young, what was he carrying?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)