|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming with Chelsea on her visit?
(a) Her new boyfriend.
(b) Her two poodles.
(c) Her best friend from high school.
(d) No one.
2. Who invites Ethel and Norman to dinner?
(a) The Putnams.
(b) No one.
(c) The Melciorris.
(d) Chelsea and Bill.
3. What is a possible reason why Norman hasn't gone fishing?
(a) The bass are about fished out of this lake.
(b) He is getting senile and fearful.
(c) His pole is at the repair shop.
(d) The boat has a leak.
4. Instead of applying for a job, what does Ethel suggest Norman do?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Volunteer at the senior center.
(c) Go pick more berries.
(d) Vacuum the house.
5. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
(a) Norman does not speak to the operator.
(b) To call his brother at the hospital.
(c) To call him back to check the phone's status.
(d) To ring up Chelsea's cell phone.
6. Who is the person in the picture on the mantle that Norman is studying?
(a) Billy Ray.
(b) His deceased son.
(d) Norman cannot remember.
7. What has Ethel been doing?
(a) Rowing on the lake.
(b) Visiting with neighbors.
(c) Painting by the lake.
(d) Picking berries.
8. Where are the bedrooms in this house?
(a) In a separate mother-in-law cabin.
(b) On the east end of the first floor.
(c) One big room serves as the living room and sleeping area.
9. Whose boat pulls up to the dock?
(b) The police chief's.
(c) No one's.
(d) The neighbor's.
10. When does Norman express interest in the contents of Chelsea's letter?
(a) He never expresses any interest in the contents of her letter.
(b) When he learns that Chelsea inheirited his estranged brother's estate.
(c) When Ethel announces that her new boyfriend is a dentist.
(d) When he hears that Chelsea had major surgery.
11. What is the best description of the living room?
(b) Tidy and organized.
(d) Filled to overflowing with junk.
12. What makes Norman believe he might be qualified for the job?
(a) He has had a flower garden every year.
(b) He has owned more than 20 cars in his lifetime.
(c) His mother was Italian.
(d) He is a retired lawyer.
13. What is another thing Charlie brought with him?
(a) An armful of firewood.
(b) An invitation from his mother.
(c) A letter from Chelsea.
(d) Two freshly-caught bass.
14. How old will Elmer be on his next birthday?
15. Who is on the phone when it rings?
(a) Norman's brother.
(c) No one.
(d) The operator.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is Chelsea going to visit?
2. How many acts does this play have?
3. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
4. What is Ethel's response to Charlie's offer?
5. In answer to Norman's question as to why Charlie never married Chelsea, what does Charlie reply?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)