|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chelsea living now?
(b) New England.
2. What seems sad to Charlie?
(a) That Chelsea lost her only son when he was three.
(b) That Norman has to be very careful of his heart.
(c) That Chelsea has never had any children.
(d) That Chelsea never wanted to marry Charlie.
3. Where are the bedrooms in this house?
(a) One big room serves as the living room and sleeping area.
(c) On the east end of the first floor.
(d) In a separate mother-in-law cabin.
4. At whose picture does Norman look?
(a) Ethel and Norman's wedding photo.
(b) Billy Ray's.
(d) Chelsea and her husband's wedding photo.
5. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
(a) To see if there is a dial tone.
(b) To call Chelsea.
(c) To call and order pizza delivery.
(d) To call his office and check in.
6. What happens with Charlie's visitor?
(a) He gets pulled over by the police twice.
(b) She falls in love with the police chief.
(c) He asks if Chelsea might be visiting her parents and leaves when he finds out she isn't.
(d) They criticize Charlie for his messy house and clean it.
7. What happened to the screen door?
(a) The spring on it popped off.
(b) The screen is torn.
(c) It fell off its hinges.
(d) Nothing; it is fine.
8. Who is knocking on the door?
(c) The neighbor.
9. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
(a) His boat was lost at sea and he was never found.
(b) They divorced years ago.
(c) He was married to another woman when he married Chelsea, so the marriage was annulled.
(d) He was killed in an airplane crash.
10. Whose boat pulls up to the dock?
(a) The neighbor's.
(c) The police chief's.
(d) No one's.
11. After Ethel comes into the house, what do she and Norman do?
(a) Turn on the t.v.
(b) Make up the beds with linens.
(c) Remove the cloths from the furniture.
(d) Make a cup of tea.
12. What separates the kitchen from the living room?
(a) A bead curtin.
(b) A pocket door.
(c) A swinging door.
13. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
(a) To ring up Chelsea's cell phone.
(b) Norman does not speak to the operator.
(c) To call his brother at the hospital.
(d) To call him back to check the phone's status.
14. For what job does Norman contemplate applying?
(b) Pizza delivery.
(d) Guardian ad litem.
15. What does the couple watch as the scene closes?
(a) A mama bear and her cub lumbering along the shoreline.
(b) A pair of trumpeter swans on the lake.
(c) Two squirrels gathering nuts.
(d) A pair of loons out on the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Miss Appley last week?
2. What does Ethel have in her arms?
3. Who does Ethel invite in for coffee?
4. Who has visited Charlie recently?
5. What is another thing Charlie brought with him?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)