|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ethel been doing?
(a) Rowing on the lake.
(b) Visiting with neighbors.
(c) Picking berries.
(d) Painting by the lake.
2. After Ethel comes into the house, what do she and Norman do?
(a) Make a cup of tea.
(b) Make up the beds with linens.
(c) Turn on the t.v.
(d) Remove the cloths from the furniture.
3. Where is Chelsea going after stopping to see her parents?
(b) To Disneyworld in Florida.
(c) The Grand Tetons.
4. What happened to the screen door?
(a) The screen is torn.
(b) Nothing; it is fine.
(c) It fell off its hinges.
(d) The spring on it popped off.
5. Where do Norman and Ethel Thayer return for their anniversary?
(a) Martha's Vineyard.
(b) Boothbay Harbor.
(d) Golden Pond.
6. For what job does Norman contemplate applying?
(a) Pizza delivery.
(c) Guardian ad litem.
7. What is another thing Charlie brought with him?
(a) An armful of firewood.
(b) A letter from Chelsea.
(c) Two freshly-caught bass.
(d) An invitation from his mother.
8. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
(a) To call his brother at the hospital.
(b) Norman does not speak to the operator.
(c) To call him back to check the phone's status.
(d) To ring up Chelsea's cell phone.
9. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
(a) He thought she was Olympic material.
(b) He was happy that she was a superb diver.
(c) He criticized her abilities when she was on the swim team.
(d) He thought she shouldn't be on the swim team.
10. What does the operator ask Norman?
(a) What is the hospital's name where is brother is a patient.
(b) What is Chelsea's cell phone number.
(c) What is his phone number.
(d) Nothing because Norman does not talk with the operator.
11. What happens to the package in question #27?
(a) It is delivered to the wrong address.
(b) Nothing; the package is delivered intact.
(c) It is moldy and is thrown out.
(d) It gets wet when the delivery boy falls in the water.
12. What does Charlie offer to do for Ethel and Norman?
(a) Fix the plumbing under the sink.
(b) Repair the well pump.
(c) Fix the small leak in the motorboat.
(d) Fix the screen door.
13. How many acts does this play have?
14. What is Norman doing when Act 1, Scene 2 opens?
(a) Talking to Chelsea on the telephone.
(b) Reading the classified ads.
(c) Riding his exercise bike.
(d) Cooking dinner.
15. Who has visited Charlie recently?
(a) His parents.
(b) His best friend from college and a former boyfriend of Chelsea's.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Norman believe he might be qualified for the job?
2. Why didn't Norman pick any more berries?
3. Where is Chelsea living now?
4. What happens with Charlie's visitor?
5. How old is Norman?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)