|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is knocking on the door?
(a) The neighbor.
2. What happened to Chelsea's husband?
(a) They divorced years ago.
(b) He was married to another woman when he married Chelsea, so the marriage was annulled.
(c) His boat was lost at sea and he was never found.
(d) He was killed in an airplane crash.
3. Of what ethnic group does Norman seem prejudiced?
4. What did Norman think about Chelsea's swimming abilities.?
(a) He thought she was Olympic material.
(b) He thought she shouldn't be on the swim team.
(c) He was happy that she was a superb diver.
(d) He criticized her abilities when she was on the swim team.
5. Where are the bedrooms in this house?
(b) On the east end of the first floor.
(c) In a separate mother-in-law cabin.
(d) One big room serves as the living room and sleeping area.
6. What is the best description of the living room?
(c) Tidy and organized.
(d) Filled to overflowing with junk.
7. What is Charlie's response to Ethel's suggestion?
(a) He loves the summer heat.
(c) Certain he can fix it.
(d) Afraid it would be boring.
8. Where do Norman and Ethel Thayer return for their anniversary?
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(c) Golden Pond.
(d) Boothbay Harbor.
9. Who is the person in the picture on the mantle that Norman is studying?
(b) Norman cannot remember.
(c) His deceased son.
(d) Billy Ray.
10. What does Ethel suggest Charlie do?
(a) Come by and see Chelsea while she is there.
(b) Go fishing with Norman.
(c) Stay out of the heat.
(d) Fix the boat as soon as possible.
11. What happened to the screen door?
(a) It fell off its hinges.
(b) The spring on it popped off.
(c) The screen is torn.
(d) Nothing; it is fine.
12. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
(a) To see if there is a dial tone.
(b) To call and order pizza delivery.
(c) To call Chelsea.
(d) To call his office and check in.
13. Who invites Ethel and Norman to dinner?
(a) Chelsea and Bill.
(b) No one.
(c) The Melciorris.
(d) The Putnams.
14. What does the operator ask Norman?
(a) What is the hospital's name where is brother is a patient.
(b) What is his phone number.
(c) Nothing because Norman does not talk with the operator.
(d) What is Chelsea's cell phone number.
15. What is Norman using to aid his activity in the opening of the scene?
(a) A pulse meter.
(b) Gourmet chef's cookware.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A hearing aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman do when Ethel and Charlie are discussing Chelsea?
2. Why has the person called?
3. For what job does Norman contemplate applying?
4. What does Norman ask the phone operator to do?
5. What is the name of their daughter who visits them?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)