|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story that Ethel tells about when the character in question #26 was young, what was he carrying?
(a) A dozen roses.
(b) A fishing pole and tackle box.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) Salt Water Taffy.
2. In what year is the house at Golden Pond built?
3. What does the couple watch as the scene closes?
(a) Two squirrels gathering nuts.
(b) A pair of loons out on the lake.
(c) A mama bear and her cub lumbering along the shoreline.
(d) A pair of trumpeter swans on the lake.
4. What happened to the screen door?
(a) It fell off its hinges.
(b) The spring on it popped off.
(c) Nothing; it is fine.
(d) The screen is torn.
5. How many summers have Norman and Ethel Thayer been coming to this setting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Chelsea and her boyfriend leave young Billy with Norman and Ethel Thayer?
2. Why does Norman pick up the telephone?
3. What does Ethel have in her arms?
4. How old is Norman's wife?
5. What does the operator ask Norman?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)