|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows Birle to feel that the thief is no threat to her?
(a) The fact that the man is asleep while she is awake.
(b) The strange man's weak stature.
(c) Her father's advice.
(d) Her blood.
2. What does Birle end up doing as she and the Lord are hiding under their cloaks on the boat?
(a) Hum to herself.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Sing softly.
(d) Recite poetry.
3. What does the Lord think is the truth about his father's death?
(a) He died from a fever.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He died from old age.
(d) He was poisoned.
4. What does the Lord tell Birle about the life of a wife of a huntsman?
(a) They live a life of luxury yet cheat on their husbands.
(b) They become fine ladies and are always happy.
(c) They become drunks and cheat on their husbands.
(d) They become drunks yet life a life of luxury.
5. What happens to Birle when the boat is thrown against the waves?
(a) She sees the Lord is drowning and saves him.
(b) She grabs onto a rock and holds on to keep from drowning.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She almost drowns but the Lord saves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birle promise the Lord?
2. How does Birle feel at the thought of marrying Muir?
3. What causes the Lord to feel embarrassed in Chapter 3?
4. What is the first "treasure" that Birle's grandparents showed her?
5. What does Birle offer the Lord as a gift?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)