|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Birle and the Lord decide to spend the rest of the night in Chapter 5?
(a) On shore.
(b) In the boat.
(c) Back at the village.
(d) On the docks.
2. What does Orien do to entertain Birle and pass the time while they are stranded on the rock?
(c) Tell a story.
(d) Draw pictures in the sand.
3. What does the Lord confess to Birle once they are safe from the dog and men?
(a) That he does not know how to wield a sword or knife as a weapon.
(b) That he has never killed a man.
(c) That he fainted temporarily when the dog jumped on him.
(d) That he is really terrified of dogs.
4. What happens to Birle when the boat is thrown against the waves?
(a) She sees the Lord is drowning and saves him.
(b) She grabs onto a rock and holds on to keep from drowning.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She almost drowns but the Lord saves her.
5. What is Da's reason for protesting against Birle's engagement to Muir?
(a) Birle and Muir's social statuses do not match.
(b) Muir is too young.
(c) Muir is too low-born for Birle.
(d) Birle is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Lord think is the truth about his father's death?
2. Why does the Lord agree to take Birle with him on his journey?
3. What does Birle say in attempts to convince the Lord to take him with her on his journey?
4. What do the people of the village and the Inn fear?
5. How does Birle feel at the thought of marrying Muir?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)