|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sense does vitamin A help with?
2. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
(a) People demand more quality.
(b) People are concerned about their blood levels.
(c) People are concerned about cholesterol.
(d) People want risk free meat.
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
5. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster blood.
(b) Lobster brain.
(c) Lobster shell.
(d) Lobster eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
2. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
3. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
4. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
5. What family is spinach a member of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
2. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
3. What are roots and tubers?
4. How does one make butter from milk?
5. Why are fish healthy?
6. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
7. Why is fruit so healthy?
8. How should one cook poached eggs?
9. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
10. How does one poach a fish?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)