|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
2. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
(a) The climate of the country.
(b) The age of the animal.
(c) The breeding of the animal.
(d) The milk's exposure to light.
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
5. What does pickling kill in products?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does vitamin C aid in?
2. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
3. What often turns brown after cutting them?
4. Why does the author think meat is different than it has been in the past?
5. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
2. Why are fish healthy?
3. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
4. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
5. How does one make butter from milk?
6. How can raw milk become infected?
7. How should one hard boil an egg?
8. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
9. How is an egg formed?
10. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)