|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
(a) Dry cream.
(b) Whipped cream.
(c) Salted cream.
(d) Sugared cream.
2. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
(b) Single cream.
3. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
4. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin D.
(c) Vitamin C.
(d) Vitamin B.
5. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
(a) To burn off its dangerous bacteria.
(b) To to cook the meat right through.
(c) So to drain it off its fatty excess.
(d) So not to overcook the exterior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
2. What family is the tomato a member of?
3. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
4. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
5. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the current methods of preserving meat?
2. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
3. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
4. How does one make margarine?
5. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
6. How can raw milk become infected?
7. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
8. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
9. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
10. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)