|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Omega fatty acids.
2. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
3. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Pasterised treatment.
(b) Heat treatment.
(c) Skimming treatment.
(d) Whipping treatment.
4. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
5. What is egg made from?
(a) A foetus.
(c) A living germ cell.
(d) Sugar and salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
2. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
3. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
4. What color is the egg once it has matured?
5. What does pickling kill in products?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
2. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
3. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
4. How should one soft boil an egg?
5. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
6. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
7. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
8. How does one make margarine?
9. What are the current methods of preserving meat?
10. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)