|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
(a) Vitamins F and G.
(b) Vitamins C and A.
(c) Vitamins B and D.
(d) Vitamins E and C.
2. What family is broccoli a member of?
3. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
4. What is an egg's shell formed from?
(a) Bone marrow and ligaments.
(b) Minerals and lactic acid.
(c) Calcuim carbonate and protein.
(d) Whitish membrane and protein cells.
5. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
(a) Over ripe potatoes.
(b) Unripe potatoes.
(c) Supermarket potatoes.
(d) Bio potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
2. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
3. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
4. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
5. On which two continents can one find yams?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one make butter from milk?
2. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
3. What causes milk to ferment?
4. Why is fruit so healthy?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
7. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
8. How should one hard boil an egg?
9. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
10. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)