|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
(a) Rennet enzymes.
(b) Wort enzymes.
(c) Bennet enzymes.
(d) Omega enzymes.
2. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
(a) Fatty meat.
(b) Thin meat.
(c) Thick meat.
(d) Lean meat.
3. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
4. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster shell.
(b) Lobster blood.
(c) Lobster brain.
(d) Lobster eggs.
5. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
(b) Spit roasting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creates buttermilk?
2. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
3. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
4. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
5. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
4. Why is fruit so healthy?
5. How should one cook poached eggs?
6. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
7. How does one make margarine?
8. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
9. How does one poach a fish?
10. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)