|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
(a) Bennet enzymes.
(b) Wort enzymes.
(c) Omega enzymes.
(d) Rennet enzymes.
2. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
(a) Boil slowly.
(b) Bake slowly.
(c) Roast quickly.
(d) Fry quickly.
3. What helps produce leaner meat in some countries?
(a) Bone marrow.
(b) Dried animal blood.
(c) Lactic acid.
(d) Animal hormones.
4. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
(a) Cold climates.
(b) Warm climates.
(c) Oppressive regimes.
5. What is margarine made from?
(a) Animal fat.
(b) Olive oil.
(d) Vegetable oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
2. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
5. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the major components of wine?
2. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
3. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
4. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
5. How should one make pasta?
6. What is puree?
7. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
8. How does one make mayonnaise?
9. How is corn syrup made?
10. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)