|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
2. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
(a) Salt it.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Freeze it.
(d) Gut it.
3. What continent does yogurt originate from?
4. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
(a) Cook it.
(b) Coat it in butter.
(c) Par boil it.
(d) Salt it.
5. What does the author say is the most common shellfish?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
2. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
3. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
4. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
5. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
2. What are roots and tubers?
3. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
4. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
5. How can raw milk become infected?
6. How should one cook poached eggs?
7. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
8. How is an egg formed?
9. What causes milk to ferment?
10. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)