|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
(a) Vitamin C.
(b) Vitamin D.
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Vitamin A.
2. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(a) A quiche.
(c) A cottage pie.
(d) A pizza.
3. What family is spinach a member of?
(a) The root family.
(b) The startch family.
(c) The leaf family.
(d) The beet family.
4. What two vitamins does milk contain?
(a) C and D.
(b) A and D.
(c) E and C.
(d) A and C.
5. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(a) Spit roasts.
(b) Oven roasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
2. Which of the following products is a fruit?
3. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
4. What are custards made from?
5. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
2. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
3. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
4. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
5. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
6. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
7. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
8. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
9. What are roots and tubers?
10. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)