|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
(a) Frying eggs.
(b) Boiling eggs.
(c) Scrambling eggs.
(d) Poaching eggs.
2. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
3. What are custards made from?
(a) Milk and eggs.
(b) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(c) Lard and cream.
(d) Buttermik and margarine.
4. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
(a) Even cooking.
(b) Tender cooking.
(c) Half cooking.
(d) Anti bacteria cooking.
5. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
(a) Whipped cream.
(b) Dry cream.
(c) Salted cream.
(d) Sugared cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
2. What does heat treatment kill in the milk?
3. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
4. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
5. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
4. How does one make ice cream?
5. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
6. Why are fish healthy?
7. How should one cook poached eggs?
8. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
9. How should one soft boil an egg?
10. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)