|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of a starchy tuber?
(a) A potato.
(b) A grape fruit.
(c) An egg plant.
(d) A tomato.
2. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
3. What kind of fish is beheaded, gutted, salted and held at high temperatures for a month?
(a) Salted cod.
(b) Salted herring.
4. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
(b) Ant eggs.
(d) Lactic acid.
5. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
(a) The shell.
(b) The membrane.
(c) The yolk.
(d) The white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the egg once it has matured?
2. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
3. Which of the following is a raw fish dish?
4. What does the author say is the most common shellfish?
5. What part of the lobster is most prized?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
2. Why are fish healthy?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. What are roots and tubers?
5. How should one hard boil an egg?
6. How can raw milk become infected?
7. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
8. What causes milk to ferment?
9. What are the current methods of preserving meat?
10. Why is fruit so healthy?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)