|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
2. Which of the following products is a fruit?
(a) A carrot.
(b) A beetroot.
(c) A squash.
(d) A yam.
3. What is an egg's shell formed from?
(a) Minerals and lactic acid.
(b) Calcuim carbonate and protein.
(c) Bone marrow and ligaments.
(d) Whitish membrane and protein cells.
4. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
(a) Tender cooking.
(b) Half cooking.
(c) Anti bacteria cooking.
(d) Even cooking.
5. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
(a) The shade.
(b) The sun.
(c) The wind.
(d) The snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people add squash blossoms to?
2. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
3. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
4. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
5. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
2. How is corn syrup made?
3. How should one hard boil an egg?
4. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
5. How should one make pasta?
6. How does one make margarine?
7. What are emulsion sauces?
8. What are differences between sauces and soups?
9. How should one soft boil an egg?
10. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)