|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
2. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(c) Oven roasts.
(d) Spit roasts.
3. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
(a) Cook it.
(b) Salt it.
(c) Coat it in butter.
(d) Par boil it.
4. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Mishandling htem.
(b) Cooking them.
(c) Peeling them.
(d) Leaving them too long.
5. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense does vitamin A help with?
2. What creates buttermilk?
3. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
4. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
5. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are roots and tubers?
2. How should one hard boil an egg?
3. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
4. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
5. Why are fish healthy?
6. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
7. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
8. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
9. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
10. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)