|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
(b) Egg plant.
2. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
(a) Spit roasting.
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
(a) They have are savoury product.
(b) They have low sugar content.
(c) They have high salt content.
(d) They have the coloring of a vegetable.
5. What family is the tomato a member of?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
2. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
3. Which of the following is an example of a starchy tuber?
4. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
5. What country do both sushi and sashimi originate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is fruit so healthy?
2. What are roots and tubers?
3. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
4. How can raw milk become infected?
5. Why are fish healthy?
6. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
7. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
8. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
9. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
10. How should one cook poached eggs?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)