Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
(a) Boiling eggs.
(b) Poaching eggs.
(c) Scrambling eggs.
(d) Frying eggs.
2. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
(a) Cold climates.
(c) Oppressive regimes.
(d) Warm climates.
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
(a) Vitamin C.
(b) Vitamin B.
(c) Vitamin E.
(d) Vitamin A.
5. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
(c) Ant eggs.
(d) Lactic acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
2. What creates buttermilk?
3. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
4. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
5. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one make mayonnaise?
2. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
3. How is corn syrup made?
4. How does one poach a fish?
5. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
6. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
7. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
8. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
9. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
10. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)