|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
(a) Supermarket potatoes.
(b) Over ripe potatoes.
(c) Unripe potatoes.
(d) Bio potatoes.
2. What helps produce leaner meat in some countries?
(a) Animal hormones.
(b) Lactic acid.
(c) Bone marrow.
(d) Dried animal blood.
3. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(b) A cottage pie.
(c) A quiche.
(d) A pizza.
4. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(a) North America.
(b) South America.
5. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
(a) People want risk free meat.
(b) People are concerned about cholesterol.
(c) People demand more quality.
(d) People are concerned about their blood levels.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
2. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
3. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
4. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
5. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
2. Why are fish healthy?
3. How should one cook poached eggs?
4. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
5. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
6. Why is fruit so healthy?
7. How does one make ice cream?
8. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
9. How does one poach a fish?
10. What causes milk to ferment?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)