|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish is beheaded, gutted, salted and held at high temperatures for a month?
(b) Salted cod.
(d) Salted herring.
2. What kind of milk is added to help make margarine?
(a) Full fat milk.
(b) Skim milk.
(c) Semi skimmed milk.
(d) Butter milk.
3. Which of the following is an example of a starchy tuber?
(a) A grape fruit.
(b) A potato.
(c) A tomato.
(d) An egg plant.
4. On which two continents can one find yams?
(a) Asia and Oceania.
(b) Europe and North America.
(c) South America and Africa.
(d) Asia and Africa.
5. What is key to cooking good custards?
(a) A sense of fun.
(b) A patient attitude.
(c) A high temperature.
(d) A low temperature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What often turns brown after cutting them?
2. What does vitamin C aid in?
3. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
4. Which of the following products is a fruit?
5. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are fish healthy?
2. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
3. What are the three categories of herbs?
4. What are differences between sauces and soups?
5. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
6. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
7. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
8. What are the major components of wine?
9. What is capsaican?
10. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)