|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
(a) Warm climates.
(c) Oppressive regimes.
(d) Cold climates.
2. What are custards made from?
(a) Lard and cream.
(b) Buttermik and margarine.
(c) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(d) Milk and eggs.
3. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(b) South America.
(d) North America.
4. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
5. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
(a) The age of the animal.
(b) The breeding of the animal.
(c) The milk's exposure to light.
(d) The climate of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
2. What continent does yogurt originate from?
3. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
4. Which of the following products is a fruit?
5. What does heat treatment kill in the milk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
2. How should one hard boil an egg?
3. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
4. How should one soft boil an egg?
5. How is an egg formed?
6. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
7. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
8. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
9. What causes milk to ferment?
10. How does one make margarine?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)