|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
(a) Over ripe potatoes.
(b) Supermarket potatoes.
(c) Bio potatoes.
(d) Unripe potatoes.
2. What color is the egg once it has matured?
3. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
4. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
(a) Roast quickly.
(b) Boil slowly.
(c) Fry quickly.
(d) Bake slowly.
5. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
(a) Vitamin D.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin C.
(d) Vitamin B.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
2. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
3. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
4. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
5. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one cook poached eggs?
2. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
3. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
4. Why are fish healthy?
5. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
6. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
7. What causes milk to ferment?
8. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
9. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
10. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)