|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
2. What is key to cooking good custards?
(a) A sense of fun.
(b) A high temperature.
(c) A patient attitude.
(d) A low temperature.
3. Which of the following products is a fruit?
(a) A beetroot.
(b) A yam.
(c) A carrot.
(d) A squash.
4. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
(a) A perspiring container.
(b) A ventilated container.
(c) An airtight container.
(d) A dry container.
5. What is egg made from?
(b) Sugar and salt.
(c) A foetus.
(d) A living germ cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
2. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
3. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
4. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
5. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one poach a fish?
2. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
3. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
4. Why is fruit so healthy?
5. Why are fish healthy?
6. What causes milk to ferment?
7. How does one make margarine?
8. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
9. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
10. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)