|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
(d) Egg plant.
2. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
(a) Lava acid bacteria.
(b) Jorgan acid bacteria.
(c) Lactic acid bacteria.
(d) Alkaline bacteria.
3. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
4. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster shell.
(b) Lobster brain.
(c) Lobster eggs.
(d) Lobster blood.
5. What creates buttermilk?
(a) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
(b) Butter mixed in with milk.
(c) The watery portion of cream.
(d) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does heat treatment kill in the milk?
2. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
3. What does pickling kill in products?
4. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
5. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
2. How is an egg formed?
3. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
4. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
5. How does one make margarine?
6. How does one make butter from milk?
7. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
8. What are roots and tubers?
9. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
10. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)