|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
(a) It reduces their nutrient value.
(b) They don't taste so nice.
(c) It makes them harder to preserve.
(d) It discolors them.
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
(a) Par boil them.
(b) Peel them.
(c) Freeze them.
(d) Wash them.
4. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
(a) Freeze it.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Gut it.
(d) Salt it.
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(a) North America.
(d) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
2. What often turns brown after cutting them?
3. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
4. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
5. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are fish healthy?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. What are browning reactions?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. What is dough made of?
7. How should one cook poached eggs?
8. What are the major components of wine?
9. How is an egg formed?
10. How can raw milk become infected?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)