|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish is beheaded, gutted, salted and held at high temperatures for a month?
(a) Salted cod.
(b) Salted herring.
2. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(b) South America.
(c) North America.
3. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
4. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
5. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
(a) Gut it.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Salt it.
(d) Freeze it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
2. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
3. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
4. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
5. What is an egg's shell formed from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
2. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. How does one make butter from milk?
5. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
6. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
7. How should one soft boil an egg?
8. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
9. Why are fish healthy?
10. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)