|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Mishandling htem.
(b) Leaving them too long.
(c) Peeling them.
(d) Cooking them.
2. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
3. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
4. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
5. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
(b) Oven cooking.
(c) Spit roasting.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
2. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
3. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
4. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
5. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
2. What are the current methods of preserving meat?
3. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
4. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
5. How can raw milk become infected?
6. How does one make butter from milk?
7. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
8. How should one soft boil an egg?
9. How does one make ice cream?
10. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)