|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
2. What do people add squash blossoms to?
3. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
(a) The milk's exposure to light.
(b) The breeding of the animal.
(c) The climate of the country.
(d) The age of the animal.
4. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
(a) The shade.
(b) The sun.
(c) The wind.
(d) The snow.
5. What continent does yogurt originate from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
2. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
3. Which of the following is a raw fish dish?
4. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
5. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
2. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
3. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
4. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
5. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
6. What are roots and tubers?
7. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
8. What are the major components of wine?
9. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
10. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)