|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
(a) Lack of protein.
(c) Dull flavor.
2. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
(a) The climate of the country.
(b) The age of the animal.
(c) The breeding of the animal.
(d) The milk's exposure to light.
3. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Peeling them.
(b) Mishandling htem.
(c) Cooking them.
(d) Leaving them too long.
4. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
(b) Lactic acid bacteria.
(c) Smear bacteria.
(d) Clear bacteria.
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(a) North America.
(c) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
2. What two vitamins does milk contain?
3. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
4. What family is spinach a member of?
5. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is an egg formed?
2. Why is fruit so healthy?
3. How can raw milk become infected?
4. How does one make margarine?
5. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
6. How does one make ice cream?
7. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
8. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
9. What are the current methods of preserving meat?
10. How should one soft boil an egg?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)