|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
(a) Egg plant.
2. What is margarine made from?
(a) Animal fat.
(c) Vegetable oil.
(d) Olive oil.
3. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
(b) Spit roasting.
(c) Oven cooking.
4. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
(b) Ant eggs.
(c) Lactic acid.
5. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
2. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
3. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
4. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
5. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one poach a fish?
2. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
3. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
4. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
5. How does one make butter from milk?
6. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
7. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
8. What causes milk to ferment?
9. How can raw milk become infected?
10. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)