|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
(a) Skimmed milk.
(b) Full fat milk.
(c) Raw goat's milk.
(d) Raw cow's milk.
2. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
3. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(a) A cottage pie.
(b) A pizza.
(d) A quiche.
4. What are custards made from?
(a) Milk and eggs.
(b) Buttermik and margarine.
(c) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(d) Lard and cream.
5. What creates buttermilk?
(a) Butter mixed in with milk.
(b) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
(c) The watery portion of cream.
(d) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
6. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(a) North America.
(b) South America.
7. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
(a) Half cooking.
(b) Anti bacteria cooking.
(c) Tender cooking.
(d) Even cooking.
8. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
(b) Spit roasting.
9. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
(a) Boil slowly.
(b) Fry quickly.
(c) Roast quickly.
(d) Bake slowly.
10. What family is broccoli a member of?
11. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
12. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
(a) The milk's exposure to light.
(b) The climate of the country.
(c) The age of the animal.
(d) The breeding of the animal.
13. What kind of milk is added to help make margarine?
(a) Butter milk.
(b) Semi skimmed milk.
(c) Full fat milk.
(d) Skim milk.
14. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster shell.
(b) Lobster brain.
(c) Lobster eggs.
(d) Lobster blood.
15. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
(a) Lactic acid.
(d) Ant eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the lobster is most prized?
2. What sense does vitamin A help with?
3. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
4. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
5. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)