|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
(a) Wort enzymes.
(b) Omega enzymes.
(c) Rennet enzymes.
(d) Bennet enzymes.
2. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
(a) A ventilated container.
(b) An airtight container.
(c) A perspiring container.
(d) A dry container.
3. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
4. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
5. What are custards made from?
(a) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(b) Buttermik and margarine.
(c) Milk and eggs.
(d) Lard and cream.
6. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
(a) Oppressive regimes.
(b) Cold climates.
(d) Warm climates.
7. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
(a) Git globule membranes.
(b) Protein globule membranes.
(c) Fat globule membranes.
(d) Hop globule membranes.
8. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
(a) A vein.
(b) The intestines.
(c) The kidney.
(d) An oviduct.
9. What often turns brown after cutting them?
10. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
11. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
(a) It reduces their nutrient value.
(b) It makes them harder to preserve.
(c) They don't taste so nice.
(d) It discolors them.
12. What dairy product contains several nutrients?
(b) Ice cream.
13. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
(a) Coat it in butter.
(b) Cook it.
(c) Salt it.
(d) Par boil it.
14. Why does the author think meat is different than it has been in the past?
(a) It is more tender and fattier.
(b) It has less blood content.
(c) It is leaner and younger.
(d) It is older and tougher.
15. Which of the following is an example of a starchy tuber?
(a) An egg plant.
(b) A grape fruit.
(c) A potato.
(d) A tomato.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
2. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
3. What two vitamins does milk contain?
4. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
5. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)