|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an egg's shell formed from?
(a) Whitish membrane and protein cells.
(b) Minerals and lactic acid.
(c) Calcuim carbonate and protein.
(d) Bone marrow and ligaments.
2. On which two continents can one find yams?
(a) Europe and North America.
(b) South America and Africa.
(c) Asia and Oceania.
(d) Asia and Africa.
3. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
4. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(b) Oven roasts.
(d) Spit roasts.
5. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
(a) The shell.
(b) The white.
(c) The yolk.
(d) The membrane.
6. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(b) Poached eggs.
(c) Boiled eggs.
(d) Fried eggs.
7. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
8. What is egg made from?
(a) A living germ cell.
(b) Sugar and salt.
(d) A foetus.
9. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
(a) Lean meat.
(b) Thin meat.
(c) Thick meat.
(d) Fatty meat.
10. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
(a) Vitamins C and A.
(b) Vitamins E and C.
(c) Vitamins F and G.
(d) Vitamins B and D.
11. What is margarine made from?
(a) Vegetable oil.
(b) Olive oil.
(c) Animal fat.
12. What color is the egg once it has matured?
13. What creates buttermilk?
(a) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
(b) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
(c) The watery portion of cream.
(d) Butter mixed in with milk.
14. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
(a) Anti bacteria cooking.
(b) Tender cooking.
(c) Half cooking.
(d) Even cooking.
15. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
2. What does the author say is the most common shellfish?
3. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
4. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
5. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)