|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food does the second chapter examine?
2. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
(a) Lean meat.
(b) Thick meat.
(c) Fatty meat.
(d) Thin meat.
3. What two vitamins does milk contain?
(a) A and C.
(b) E and C.
(c) A and D.
(d) C and D.
4. Why does the author think meat is different than it has been in the past?
(a) It has less blood content.
(b) It is older and tougher.
(c) It is more tender and fattier.
(d) It is leaner and younger.
5. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
(a) The kidney.
(b) The intestines.
(c) A vein.
(d) An oviduct.
6. What country do both sushi and sashimi originate from?
(c) Hong Kong.
7. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
8. What color is the egg once it has matured?
9. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Leaving them too long.
(b) Mishandling htem.
(c) Peeling them.
(d) Cooking them.
10. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
(a) A perspiring container.
(b) An airtight container.
(c) A dry container.
(d) A ventilated container.
11. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
12. Which of the following products is a fruit?
(a) A yam.
(b) A squash.
(c) A beetroot.
(d) A carrot.
13. What continent does yogurt originate from?
14. What are custards made from?
(a) Buttermik and margarine.
(b) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(c) Milk and eggs.
(d) Lard and cream.
15. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
(b) Single cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
2. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
3. On which two continents can one find yams?
4. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)