|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a raw fish dish?
2. What part of the lobster is most prized?
(a) The leg meat.
(b) The claw meat.
(c) The stomach meat.
(d) The back meat.
3. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
4. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
5. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
(b) Single cream.
6. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
(a) Vitamin B.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin C.
(d) Vitamin D.
7. What do people add squash blossoms to?
8. What dairy product contains several nutrients?
(c) Ice cream.
9. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Cooking them.
(b) Mishandling htem.
(c) Leaving them too long.
(d) Peeling them.
10. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
11. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
(a) The climate of the country.
(b) The age of the animal.
(c) The breeding of the animal.
(d) The milk's exposure to light.
12. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
(a) Skimmed milk.
(b) Raw cow's milk.
(c) Raw goat's milk.
(d) Full fat milk.
13. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
14. What helps produce leaner meat in some countries?
(a) Animal hormones.
(b) Lactic acid.
(c) Bone marrow.
(d) Dried animal blood.
15. What does the author say is the most common shellfish?
Short Answer Questions
1. What family is broccoli a member of?
2. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
3. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
4. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
5. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)