Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
(a) It reduces their nutrient value.
(b) They don't taste so nice.
(c) It makes them harder to preserve.
(d) It discolors them.
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
(a) Par boil them.
(b) Peel them.
(c) Freeze them.
(d) Wash them.
4. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
(a) Freeze it.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Gut it.
(d) Salt it.
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(a) North America.
(d) South America.
6. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
(a) Raw cow's milk.
(b) Raw goat's milk.
(c) Full fat milk.
(d) Skimmed milk.
7. What often turns brown after cutting them?
8. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
9. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
10. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
(a) Par boil it.
(b) Salt it.
(c) Coat it in butter.
(d) Cook it.
11. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
12. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
13. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
(c) Omega fatty acids.
(d) Vitamin B.
14. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
(a) A vein.
(b) The kidney.
(c) The intestines.
(d) An oviduct.
15. What is margarine made from?
(a) Olive oil.
(c) Animal fat.
(d) Vegetable oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
2. What does the author say is the most common shellfish?
3. What sense does vitamin A help with?
4. What is an egg's shell formed from?
5. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)