|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
(a) Smear bacteria.
(b) Clear bacteria.
(d) Lactic acid bacteria.
2. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
3. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
(a) Spit roasting.
(b) Oven cooking.
4. What is key to cooking good custards?
(a) A high temperature.
(b) A sense of fun.
(c) A low temperature.
(d) A patient attitude.
5. What dairy product contains several nutrients?
(d) Ice cream.
6. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
7. What is egg made from?
(b) A foetus.
(c) A living germ cell.
(d) Sugar and salt.
8. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
(a) Protein globule membranes.
(b) Git globule membranes.
(c) Hop globule membranes.
(d) Fat globule membranes.
9. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster shell.
(b) Lobster blood.
(c) Lobster brain.
(d) Lobster eggs.
10. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
11. What are custards made from?
(a) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(b) Lard and cream.
(c) Milk and eggs.
(d) Buttermik and margarine.
12. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
(a) Salted cream.
(b) Dry cream.
(c) Sugared cream.
(d) Whipped cream.
13. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
(a) Boiled eggs.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Poached eggs.
(d) Fried eggs.
14. What color is the egg once it has matured?
15. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
(a) Raw cow's milk.
(b) Full fat milk.
(c) Skimmed milk.
(d) Raw goat's milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
2. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
3. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
4. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
5. What does heat treatment kill in the milk?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)