|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
2. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
(a) Lean meat.
(b) Thin meat.
(c) Thick meat.
(d) Fatty meat.
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
(a) Wash them.
(b) Peel them.
(c) Freeze them.
(d) Par boil them.
4. What continent does yogurt originate from?
5. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster blood.
(b) Lobster shell.
(c) Lobster eggs.
(d) Lobster brain.
6. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Whipping treatment.
(b) Skimming treatment.
(c) Pasterised treatment.
(d) Heat treatment.
7. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
(a) The sun.
(b) The shade.
(c) The wind.
(d) The snow.
8. What family is the tomato a member of?
9. On which two continents can one find yams?
(a) Asia and Oceania.
(b) South America and Africa.
(c) Europe and North America.
(d) Asia and Africa.
10. What two vitamins does milk contain?
(a) E and C.
(b) A and D.
(c) A and C.
(d) C and D.
11. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
(b) Oven cooking.
(d) Spit roasting.
12. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
(a) Fried eggs.
(b) Poached eggs.
(c) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Boiled eggs.
13. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
(a) Vitamin B.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin D.
(d) Vitamin C.
14. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(a) North America.
(c) South America.
15. What color is the egg once it has matured?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
2. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
3. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
4. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
5. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)