|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people add squash blossoms to?
2. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
3. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
(a) Thick meat.
(b) Fatty meat.
(c) Lean meat.
(d) Thin meat.
4. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster blood.
(b) Lobster shell.
(c) Lobster eggs.
(d) Lobster brain.
5. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(b) Spit roasts.
(d) Oven roasts.
6. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Skimming treatment.
(b) Pasterised treatment.
(c) Whipping treatment.
(d) Heat treatment.
7. What kind of milk is added to help make margarine?
(a) Full fat milk.
(b) Semi skimmed milk.
(c) Skim milk.
(d) Butter milk.
8. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
(d) Egg plant.
9. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
(a) Half cooking.
(b) Tender cooking.
(c) Anti bacteria cooking.
(d) Even cooking.
10. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
11. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
(a) The age of the animal.
(b) The milk's exposure to light.
(c) The breeding of the animal.
(d) The climate of the country.
12. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(a) A quiche.
(b) A pizza.
(c) A cottage pie.
13. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
(a) Spit roasting.
14. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
15. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
(a) People demand more quality.
(b) People are concerned about cholesterol.
(c) People are concerned about their blood levels.
(d) People want risk free meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
2. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
3. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
4. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
5. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)