|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following products is a fruit?
(a) A carrot.
(b) A yam.
(c) A beetroot.
(d) A squash.
2. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(a) A quiche.
(b) A cottage pie.
(c) A pizza.
3. What kind of milk is added to help make margarine?
(a) Full fat milk.
(b) Butter milk.
(c) Skim milk.
(d) Semi skimmed milk.
4. What is margarine made from?
(b) Animal fat.
(c) Olive oil.
(d) Vegetable oil.
5. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
(a) Peel them.
(b) Freeze them.
(c) Par boil them.
(d) Wash them.
6. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
(b) Lack of protein.
(c) Dull flavor.
7. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
(b) Egg plant.
8. What are custards made from?
(a) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(b) Lard and cream.
(c) Buttermik and margarine.
(d) Milk and eggs.
9. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
10. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
11. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
(a) Wash it.
(b) Salt it.
(c) Freeze it.
(d) Gut it.
12. What part of the lobster is most prized?
(a) The stomach meat.
(b) The claw meat.
(c) The back meat.
(d) The leg meat.
13. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
(a) Bio potatoes.
(b) Over ripe potatoes.
(c) Unripe potatoes.
(d) Supermarket potatoes.
14. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
(a) Vitamin B.
(d) Omega fatty acids.
15. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
2. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
3. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
4. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
5. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)