|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
(a) They have the coloring of a vegetable.
(b) They have low sugar content.
(c) They have high salt content.
(d) They have are savoury product.
2. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
3. What are custards made from?
(a) Buttermik and margarine.
(b) Milk and eggs.
(c) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(d) Lard and cream.
4. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
(b) Lactic acid bacteria.
(c) Clear bacteria.
(d) Smear bacteria.
5. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Leaving them too long.
(b) Mishandling htem.
(c) Peeling them.
(d) Cooking them.
6. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
(d) Spit roasting.
7. On which two continents can one find yams?
(a) South America and Africa.
(b) Asia and Africa.
(c) Asia and Oceania.
(d) Europe and North America.
8. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
9. What continent does yogurt originate from?
10. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(b) Oven roasts.
(c) Spit roasts.
11. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(a) North America.
(c) South America.
12. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
(b) Dairy products.
13. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
14. What kind of food does the second chapter examine?
15. What dairy product contains several nutrients?
(a) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
2. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
3. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
4. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
5. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)