|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
(a) Sugared cream.
(b) Whipped cream.
(c) Salted cream.
(d) Dry cream.
2. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
(a) Vitamins B and D.
(b) Vitamins F and G.
(c) Vitamins C and A.
(d) Vitamins E and C.
3. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
4. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
5. What does heat treatment kill in the milk?
(a) Pathogenic and spoilage microbes.
(b) Genetic and bulbous microbes.
(c) Polar and Garang microbes.
(d) Geriatric and Seething microbes.
6. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
(a) Supermarket potatoes.
(b) Over ripe potatoes.
(c) Unripe potatoes.
(d) Bio potatoes.
7. What continent does yogurt originate from?
8. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
(a) Hop globule membranes.
(b) Protein globule membranes.
(c) Git globule membranes.
(d) Fat globule membranes.
9. What are custards made from?
(a) Buttermik and margarine.
(b) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(c) Lard and cream.
(d) Milk and eggs.
10. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
11. What kind of food does the second chapter examine?
12. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
13. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
14. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
15. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
(a) Vitamin B.
(b) Omega fatty acids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
2. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
3. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
4. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
5. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)