Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
(a) Boiling eggs.
(b) Poaching eggs.
(c) Scrambling eggs.
(d) Frying eggs.
2. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
(a) Cold climates.
(c) Oppressive regimes.
(d) Warm climates.
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
(a) Vitamin C.
(b) Vitamin B.
(c) Vitamin E.
(d) Vitamin A.
5. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
(c) Ant eggs.
(d) Lactic acid.
6. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Whipping treatment.
(b) Skimming treatment.
(c) Pasterised treatment.
(d) Heat treatment.
7. What creates buttermilk?
(a) The watery portion of cream.
(b) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
(c) Butter mixed in with milk.
(d) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
8. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
(a) The intestines.
(b) The kidney.
(c) An oviduct.
(d) A vein.
9. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
(a) Vitamins B and D.
(b) Vitamins F and G.
(c) Vitamins C and A.
(d) Vitamins E and C.
10. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Cooking them.
(b) Peeling them.
(c) Mishandling htem.
(d) Leaving them too long.
11. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
(a) Boil slowly.
(b) Bake slowly.
(c) Fry quickly.
(d) Roast quickly.
12. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
13. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(b) Spit roasts.
(d) Oven roasts.
14. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
(c) Single cream.
15. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin D.
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Vitamin C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
2. What is egg made from?
3. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
4. What helps produce leaner meat in some countries?
5. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)