|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
(a) The snow.
(b) The wind.
(c) The shade.
(d) The sun.
2. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
3. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
4. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(c) Spit roasts.
(d) Oven roasts.
5. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
6. What is an egg's shell formed from?
(a) Minerals and lactic acid.
(b) Bone marrow and ligaments.
(c) Calcuim carbonate and protein.
(d) Whitish membrane and protein cells.
7. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
8. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
9. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
(a) An oviduct.
(b) The intestines.
(c) A vein.
(d) The kidney.
10. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
(a) They have the coloring of a vegetable.
(b) They have high salt content.
(c) They have low sugar content.
(d) They have are savoury product.
11. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(a) A pizza.
(b) A quiche.
(d) A cottage pie.
12. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
(a) Bake slowly.
(b) Fry quickly.
(c) Boil slowly.
(d) Roast quickly.
13. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
14. What color is the egg once it has matured?
15. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is key to cooking good custards?
2. Which of the following is a raw fish dish?
3. What do people add squash blossoms to?
4. What part of the lobster is most prized?
5. What two vitamins does milk contain?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)