|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country do both sushi and sashimi originate from?
(c) Hong Kong.
2. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
3. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(b) A pizza.
(c) A quiche.
(d) A cottage pie.
4. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
5. What do people add squash blossoms to?
6. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
7. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
(c) Omega fatty acids.
(d) Vitamin B.
8. What two vitamins does milk contain?
(a) A and D.
(b) A and C.
(c) C and D.
(d) E and C.
9. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
10. What is egg made from?
(a) Sugar and salt.
(b) A foetus.
(d) A living germ cell.
11. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
(b) Dairy products.
12. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
(a) The white.
(b) The membrane.
(c) The yolk.
(d) The shell.
13. What continent does yogurt originate from?
14. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
15. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
(b) Cold climates.
(c) Warm climates.
(d) Oppressive regimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
2. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
3. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
4. On which two continents can one find yams?
5. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)