|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
(a) Clear bacteria.
(c) Lactic acid bacteria.
(d) Smear bacteria.
2. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
(a) The membrane.
(b) The shell.
(c) The white.
(d) The yolk.
3. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
(a) Spit roasting.
4. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
(b) Ethiopian mustard.
(c) Egg plant.
5. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
(a) People demand more quality.
(b) People are concerned about cholesterol.
(c) People want risk free meat.
(d) People are concerned about their blood levels.
6. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
(a) Over ripe potatoes.
(b) Unripe potatoes.
(c) Bio potatoes.
(d) Supermarket potatoes.
7. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
(a) Omega fatty acids.
(d) Vitamin B.
8. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster blood.
(b) Lobster brain.
(c) Lobster eggs.
(d) Lobster shell.
9. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
(a) The climate of the country.
(b) The breeding of the animal.
(c) The age of the animal.
(d) The milk's exposure to light.
10. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
(a) Fried eggs.
(b) Poached eggs.
(c) Boiled eggs.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
11. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
(a) Vitamin C.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin E.
(d) Vitamin B.
12. What kind of food does the second chapter examine?
13. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
(a) A perspiring container.
(b) A ventilated container.
(c) A dry container.
(d) An airtight container.
14. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
(a) Protein globule membranes.
(b) Git globule membranes.
(c) Fat globule membranes.
(d) Hop globule membranes.
15. What kind of milk is added to help make margarine?
(a) Semi skimmed milk.
(b) Butter milk.
(c) Full fat milk.
(d) Skim milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
2. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
3. Which of the following is a raw fish dish?
4. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
5. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)