|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
(a) Vitamins C and A.
(b) Vitamins F and G.
(c) Vitamins B and D.
(d) Vitamins E and C.
2. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
3. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster shell.
(b) Lobster blood.
(c) Lobster brain.
(d) Lobster eggs.
4. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
5. What family is broccoli a member of?
6. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
7. What do people add squash blossoms to?
8. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Skimming treatment.
(b) Heat treatment.
(c) Pasterised treatment.
(d) Whipping treatment.
9. What country do both sushi and sashimi originate from?
(d) Hong Kong.
10. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
(a) They have the coloring of a vegetable.
(b) They have are savoury product.
(c) They have low sugar content.
(d) They have high salt content.
11. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
(a) Boiled eggs.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Poached eggs.
(d) Fried eggs.
12. What does the author say is the most common shellfish?
13. Which of the following products is a fruit?
(a) A yam.
(b) A carrot.
(c) A beetroot.
(d) A squash.
14. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
(b) Spit roasting.
15. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
(d) Single cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
2. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
3. On which two continents can one find yams?
4. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
5. What is key to cooking good custards?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)