|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Cooking them.
(b) Leaving them too long.
(c) Peeling them.
(d) Mishandling htem.
2. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
(b) Oven cooking.
(c) Spit roasting.
3. What is egg made from?
(b) Sugar and salt.
(c) A foetus.
(d) A living germ cell.
4. What two vitamins does milk contain?
(a) C and D.
(b) A and D.
(c) E and C.
(d) A and C.
5. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
(a) Whipped cream.
(b) Sugared cream.
(c) Dry cream.
(d) Salted cream.
6. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
(a) The sun.
(b) The snow.
(c) The wind.
(d) The shade.
7. What are custards made from?
(a) Milk and eggs.
(b) Buttermik and margarine.
(c) Lard and cream.
(d) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
8. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
9. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
(a) It reduces their nutrient value.
(b) They don't taste so nice.
(c) It makes them harder to preserve.
(d) It discolors them.
10. What does pickling kill in products?
11. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
(a) Ethiopian mustard.
(b) Egg plant.
12. On which two continents can one find yams?
(a) Europe and North America.
(b) Asia and Oceania.
(c) Asia and Africa.
(d) South America and Africa.
13. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
(a) Omega fatty acids.
(c) Vitamin B.
14. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(b) Spit roasts.
(d) Oven roasts.
15. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
(a) Wort enzymes.
(b) Rennet enzymes.
(c) Omega enzymes.
(d) Bennet enzymes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
2. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
3. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
4. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
5. What family is broccoli a member of?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)