|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
2. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
(a) Vitamin D.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Vitamin C.
3. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
4. What does heat treatment kill in the milk?
(a) Genetic and bulbous microbes.
(b) Polar and Garang microbes.
(c) Pathogenic and spoilage microbes.
(d) Geriatric and Seething microbes.
5. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
6. What does vitamin C aid in?
(a) Blood sugar replacement.
(b) Collagen replacement.
(c) Good digestion.
(d) High metabolic rates.
7. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
(d) Egg plant.
8. What two vitamins does milk contain?
(a) A and D.
(b) E and C.
(c) A and C.
(d) C and D.
9. What family is spinach a member of?
(a) The leaf family.
(b) The startch family.
(c) The beet family.
(d) The root family.
10. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
(a) Omega fatty acids.
(d) Vitamin B.
11. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
(c) Spit roasting.
12. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
(a) The kidney.
(b) A vein.
(c) An oviduct.
(d) The intestines.
13. What kind of fish is beheaded, gutted, salted and held at high temperatures for a month?
(a) Salted herring.
(c) Salted cod.
14. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
15. Why does the author think meat is different than it has been in the past?
(a) It is leaner and younger.
(b) It is more tender and fattier.
(c) It has less blood content.
(d) It is older and tougher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
2. What kind of food does the second chapter examine?
3. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
4. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
5. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)