|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
(a) Lean meat.
(b) Thin meat.
(c) Thick meat.
(d) Fatty meat.
2. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
(a) Git globule membranes.
(b) Fat globule membranes.
(c) Hop globule membranes.
(d) Protein globule membranes.
3. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
(a) Vitamin C.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin D.
(d) Vitamin B.
4. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
(a) Anti bacteria cooking.
(b) Even cooking.
(c) Half cooking.
(d) Tender cooking.
5. What is margarine made from?
(a) Animal fat.
(b) Olive oil.
(d) Vegetable oil.
6. Which of the following is a raw fish dish?
7. What country do both sushi and sashimi originate from?
(c) Hong Kong.
8. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
(a) Wort enzymes.
(b) Rennet enzymes.
(c) Omega enzymes.
(d) Bennet enzymes.
9. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
(b) Ant eggs.
(c) Lactic acid.
10. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
(a) Unripe potatoes.
(b) Supermarket potatoes.
(c) Bio potatoes.
(d) Over ripe potatoes.
11. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
(a) An airtight container.
(b) A ventilated container.
(c) A perspiring container.
(d) A dry container.
12. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
(a) Coat it in butter.
(b) Salt it.
(c) Par boil it.
(d) Cook it.
13. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
(a) Vitamin B.
(c) Omega fatty acids.
14. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Mishandling htem.
(b) Cooking them.
(c) Leaving them too long.
(d) Peeling them.
15. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
(a) Egg plant.
(b) Ethiopian mustard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What often turns brown after cutting them?
2. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
3. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
4. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
5. What does heat treatment kill in the milk?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)