|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a raw fish dish?
2. What is margarine made from?
(a) Animal fat.
(c) Vegetable oil.
(d) Olive oil.
3. What are custards made from?
(a) Lard and cream.
(b) Milk and eggs.
(c) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(d) Buttermik and margarine.
4. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
(a) Rennet enzymes.
(b) Omega enzymes.
(c) Bennet enzymes.
(d) Wort enzymes.
5. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
6. Which of the following products is a fruit?
(a) A beetroot.
(b) A yam.
(c) A carrot.
(d) A squash.
7. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
8. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
(d) Spit roasting.
9. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
(a) Lava acid bacteria.
(b) Alkaline bacteria.
(c) Lactic acid bacteria.
(d) Jorgan acid bacteria.
10. On which two continents can one find yams?
(a) Europe and North America.
(b) South America and Africa.
(c) Asia and Oceania.
(d) Asia and Africa.
11. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
(c) Dairy products.
12. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
(a) Skimmed milk.
(b) Full fat milk.
(c) Raw cow's milk.
(d) Raw goat's milk.
13. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
(a) An airtight container.
(b) A ventilated container.
(c) A dry container.
(d) A perspiring container.
14. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
(a) Fatty meat.
(b) Thick meat.
(c) Thin meat.
(d) Lean meat.
15. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
2. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
3. Which of the following is an example of a starchy tuber?
4. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
5. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)