|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
(a) Jorgan acid bacteria.
(b) Alkaline bacteria.
(c) Lactic acid bacteria.
(d) Lava acid bacteria.
2. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
(a) A vein.
(b) The kidney.
(c) The intestines.
(d) An oviduct.
3. What creates buttermilk?
(a) The watery portion of cream.
(b) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
(c) Butter mixed in with milk.
(d) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
4. What color is the egg once it has matured?
5. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
(a) Sugared cream.
(b) Dry cream.
(c) Salted cream.
(d) Whipped cream.
6. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
(a) Unripe potatoes.
(b) Over ripe potatoes.
(c) Bio potatoes.
(d) Supermarket potatoes.
7. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
8. What are custards made from?
(a) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(b) Buttermik and margarine.
(c) Lard and cream.
(d) Milk and eggs.
9. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
10. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(b) North America.
(d) South America.
11. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(a) Spit roasts.
(c) Oven roasts.
12. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
(a) Fried eggs.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Boiled eggs.
(d) Poached eggs.
13. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
14. Why does the author think meat is different than it has been in the past?
(a) It has less blood content.
(b) It is older and tougher.
(c) It is more tender and fattier.
(d) It is leaner and younger.
15. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
(c) Lactic acid.
(d) Ant eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dairy product contains several nutrients?
2. What part of the lobster is most prized?
3. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
4. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
5. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)