|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
2. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
(a) A ventilated container.
(b) A perspiring container.
(c) An airtight container.
(d) A dry container.
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
(a) Peel them.
(b) Wash them.
(c) Freeze them.
(d) Par boil them.
4. What kind of food does the second chapter examine?
5. What is key to cooking good custards?
(a) A patient attitude.
(b) A low temperature.
(c) A sense of fun.
(d) A high temperature.
6. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
(a) The white.
(b) The shell.
(c) The yolk.
(d) The membrane.
7. What often turns brown after cutting them?
8. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
(b) North America.
(d) South America.
9. Why does the author think meat is different than it has been in the past?
(a) It has less blood content.
(b) It is older and tougher.
(c) It is leaner and younger.
(d) It is more tender and fattier.
10. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
11. What color is the egg once it has matured?
12. What two vitamins does milk contain?
(a) A and C.
(b) A and D.
(c) E and C.
(d) C and D.
13. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
(a) An oviduct.
(b) The kidney.
(c) A vein.
(d) The intestines.
14. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
(b) Spit roasting.
15. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
(a) The wind.
(b) The shade.
(c) The snow.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
2. What are custards made from?
3. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
4. What does heat treatment kill in the milk?
5. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)