|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country do both sushi and sashimi originate from?
(d) Hong Kong.
2. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. What does the author say is the most common shellfish?
5. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
6. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
7. What dairy product contains several nutrients?
(c) Ice cream.
8. What do people add squash blossoms to?
9. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
(a) Alkaline bacteria.
(b) Jorgan acid bacteria.
(c) Lactic acid bacteria.
(d) Lava acid bacteria.
10. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
11. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
12. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
13. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
(a) Spit roasting.
14. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
15. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster blood.
(b) Lobster brain.
(c) Lobster eggs.
(d) Lobster shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
2. What continent does yogurt originate from?
3. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
4. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
5. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)