|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Four Basic Food Molecules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way are strawberries unusual?
(a) Their seeds are on the outside of the fruit.
(b) They stay fresh for weeks.
(c) They grow in cold contions.
(d) They have a bright color.
2. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
3. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
(a) People are concerned about their blood levels.
(b) People want risk free meat.
(c) People demand more quality.
(d) People are concerned about cholesterol.
4. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
5. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does yeast produce as a by product?
2. What is the most common grain used in bread?
3. What is key to cooking good custards?
4. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
5. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)