|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sugars, Chocolate, and Confectionery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
(a) They have low sugar content.
(b) They have the coloring of a vegetable.
(c) They have high salt content.
(d) They have are savoury product.
2. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
(c) North America.
(d) South America.
3. What fruit is a melon closely related to?
4. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
(d) Chicken pox.
5. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster eggs.
(b) Lobster brain.
(c) Lobster shell.
(d) Lobster blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
2. What food is dill usually combined with?
3. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
4. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
5. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)