|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sugars, Chocolate, and Confectionery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Whipping treatment.
(b) Heat treatment.
(c) Skimming treatment.
(d) Pasterised treatment.
2. What is an egg's shell formed from?
(a) Whitish membrane and protein cells.
(b) Bone marrow and ligaments.
(c) Minerals and lactic acid.
(d) Calcuim carbonate and protein.
3. In what way are batters different from dough?
(a) They contain more flour.
(b) They contain more water.
(c) They contain more sugar.
(d) They contain less alcohol.
4. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
5. What is the sweetest sugar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
2. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
3. What is the title of Chapter 13?
4. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
5. What does the author say is the most common shellfish?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)