|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sugars, Chocolate, and Confectionery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one use to thicken puree?
(d) Plant particles.
2. What is glucose also known as?
3. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
(a) They contain vitamin Cs.
(b) They can cause illness.
(c) They are naturally salty.
(d) They are richer in oil.
4. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
(a) So to drain it off its fatty excess.
(b) To to cook the meat right through.
(c) To burn off its dangerous bacteria.
(d) So not to overcook the exterior.
5. What part of the lobster is often added to lobster sauce?
(a) Lobster blood.
(b) Lobster shell.
(c) Lobster eggs.
(d) Lobster brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
2. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
3. What kind of milk is added to help make margarine?
4. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
5. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)