|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cereal, Doughs, and Batters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
(a) By whisking it in.
(b) By sieving it in.
(c) By pouring it in.
(d) By stirring it in.
2. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
(a) It reduces their nutrient value.
(b) It makes them harder to preserve.
(c) It discolors them.
(d) They don't taste so nice.
3. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
(a) Par boil it.
(b) Cook it.
(c) Coat it in butter.
(d) Salt it.
4. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
5. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
2. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
3. What is coriander also known as?
4. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
5. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)