|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cereal, Doughs, and Batters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
(a) Boil slowly.
(b) Bake slowly.
(c) Fry quickly.
(d) Roast quickly.
2. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
(c) Ethiopian mustard.
(d) Egg plant.
3. What herb has 600 varieties?
4. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(a) A quiche.
(b) A cottage pie.
(c) A pizza.
5. What kind of fish is beheaded, gutted, salted and held at high temperatures for a month?
(c) Salted cod.
(d) Salted herring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best temperature to store nuts?
2. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. What dairy product contains several nutrients?
5. What is the world's most widely used herb?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)