|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cereal, Doughs, and Batters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Skimming treatment.
(b) Heat treatment.
(c) Whipping treatment.
(d) Pasterised treatment.
2. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
3. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
(a) Salt them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Freeze them.
(d) Refrigerate them.
4. What creates buttermilk?
(a) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
(b) Butter mixed in with milk.
(c) The watery portion of cream.
(d) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
5. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
(a) The sun.
(b) The wind.
(c) The shade.
(d) The snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
2. What is an egg's shell formed from?
3. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
4. What can one use nut skins to make?
5. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)