|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
(d) Egg plant.
2. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
3. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
(a) They have high salt content.
(b) They have low sugar content.
(c) They have are savoury product.
(d) They have the coloring of a vegetable.
4. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
(b) Warm climates.
(c) Oppressive regimes.
(d) Cold climates.
5. Which of the following products is a fruit?
(a) A carrot.
(b) A yam.
(c) A beetroot.
(d) A squash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the egg once it has matured?
2. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
3. What does vitamin C aid in?
4. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
5. What are custards made from?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)