|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
(a) Coat it in butter.
(b) Par boil it.
(c) Salt it.
(d) Cook it.
2. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
3. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
(a) Boiled eggs.
(b) Poached eggs.
(c) Fried eggs.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
4. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin C.
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Vitamin D.
5. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
(a) It reduces their nutrient value.
(b) They don't taste so nice.
(c) It discolors them.
(d) It makes them harder to preserve.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
2. What kind of food does the second chapter examine?
3. What creates buttermilk?
4. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
5. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)