|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is egg made from?
(a) A living germ cell.
(b) Sugar and salt.
(c) A foetus.
2. What does vitamin C aid in?
(a) Good digestion.
(b) Collagen replacement.
(c) High metabolic rates.
(d) Blood sugar replacement.
3. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
(a) Clear bacteria.
(b) Smear bacteria.
(c) Lactic acid bacteria.
4. What family is the tomato a member of?
5. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
2. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
3. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
4. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
5. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)