|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
(a) Vitamin B.
(b) Vitamin C.
(c) Vitamin A.
(d) Vitamin D.
2. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Whipping treatment.
(b) Pasterised treatment.
(c) Heat treatment.
(d) Skimming treatment.
3. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
(d) Spit roasting.
4. What does vitamin C aid in?
(a) Collagen replacement.
(b) Good digestion.
(c) Blood sugar replacement.
(d) High metabolic rates.
5. Which of the following is an example of a starchy tuber?
(a) A grape fruit.
(b) A potato.
(c) A tomato.
(d) An egg plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
2. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
3. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
4. What often turns brown after cutting them?
5. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)