|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curdles the milk to make cheese?
(a) Omega enzymes.
(b) Bennet enzymes.
(c) Wort enzymes.
(d) Rennet enzymes.
2. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
(a) People are concerned about cholesterol.
(b) People want risk free meat.
(c) People are concerned about their blood levels.
(d) People demand more quality.
3. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
4. Which of the following is an example of a starchy tuber?
(a) A grape fruit.
(b) A tomato.
(c) A potato.
(d) An egg plant.
5. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Heat treatment.
(b) Pasterised treatment.
(c) Whipping treatment.
(d) Skimming treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
2. What family is the tomato a member of?
3. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
4. What part of the lobster is most prized?
5. What does vitamin C aid in?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)