|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
(a) Roast quickly.
(b) Fry quickly.
(c) Bake slowly.
(d) Boil slowly.
2. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
(d) Single cream.
3. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(a) Oven roasts.
(c) Spit roasts.
4. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
5. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
(a) The yolk.
(b) The membrane.
(c) The white.
(d) The shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
2. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
3. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
4. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
5. What helps produce leaner meat in some countries?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)