|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish is beheaded, gutted, salted and held at high temperatures for a month?
(c) Salted cod.
(d) Salted herring.
2. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
(a) Dull flavor.
(c) Lack of protein.
3. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
(a) Dry cream.
(b) Sugared cream.
(c) Salted cream.
(d) Whipped cream.
4. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
(a) Bake slowly.
(b) Fry quickly.
(c) Roast quickly.
(d) Boil slowly.
5. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
(a) Raw cow's milk.
(b) Skimmed milk.
(c) Raw goat's milk.
(d) Full fat milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
2. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
3. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
4. Which of the following is an example of a starchy tuber?
5. Which of the following is a raw fish dish?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)