|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
2. Which of the following products is a fruit?
(a) A carrot.
(b) A squash.
(c) A beetroot.
(d) A yam.
3. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
(a) People are concerned about cholesterol.
(b) People are concerned about their blood levels.
(c) People demand more quality.
(d) People want risk free meat.
4. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
5. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(a) A pizza.
(b) A cottage pie.
(c) A quiche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
2. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
3. On which two continents can one find yams?
4. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
5. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)