|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creates buttermilk?
(a) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
(b) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
(c) Butter mixed in with milk.
(d) The watery portion of cream.
2. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
(a) An airtight container.
(b) A perspiring container.
(c) A dry container.
(d) A ventilated container.
3. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
(a) To burn off its dangerous bacteria.
(b) To to cook the meat right through.
(c) So not to overcook the exterior.
(d) So to drain it off its fatty excess.
4. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
(a) The sun.
(b) The shade.
(c) The wind.
(d) The snow.
5. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does pickling kill in products?
2. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
3. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
4. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
5. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)