|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
(a) Salt it.
(b) Cook it.
(c) Par boil it.
(d) Coat it in butter.
2. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
3. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
(a) Scrambling eggs.
(b) Frying eggs.
(c) Poaching eggs.
(d) Boiling eggs.
4. What does the egg have to pass through to get coated in white membrane?
(a) A vein.
(b) The intestines.
(c) An oviduct.
(d) The kidney.
5. What creates buttermilk?
(a) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
(b) Butter mixed in with milk.
(c) The watery portion of cream.
(d) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
2. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
3. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
4. What does pickling kill in products?
5. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)