|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
(a) Boiled eggs.
(b) Poached eggs.
(c) Fried eggs.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
2. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
(a) Spit roasting.
3. What kind of fish is beheaded, gutted, salted and held at high temperatures for a month?
(a) Salted herring.
(c) Salted cod.
4. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
(a) Lactic acid bacteria.
(b) Clear bacteria.
(d) Smear bacteria.
5. What changes the pigmentation in fruits and vegetables?
(a) Leaving them too long.
(b) Peeling them.
(c) Mishandling htem.
(d) Cooking them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an egg's shell formed from?
2. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
3. What family is spinach a member of?
4. What does vitamin C aid in?
5. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)