|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an egg's shell formed from?
(a) Whitish membrane and protein cells.
(b) Minerals and lactic acid.
(c) Calcuim carbonate and protein.
(d) Bone marrow and ligaments.
2. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
3. On which two continents can one find yams?
(a) Europe and North America.
(b) South America and Africa.
(c) Asia and Oceania.
(d) Asia and Africa.
4. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
(b) Dairy products.
5. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
(a) They have are savoury product.
(b) They have high salt content.
(c) They have low sugar content.
(d) They have the coloring of a vegetable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
2. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
3. What continent does yogurt originate from?
4. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
5. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)