|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
(a) Peel them.
(b) Wash them.
(c) Freeze them.
(d) Par boil them.
2. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
3. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
4. What kind of fish is beheaded, gutted, salted and held at high temperatures for a month?
(b) Salted herring.
(c) Salted cod.
5. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
2. What do people add squash blossoms to?
3. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
4. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
5. What country do both sushi and sashimi originate from?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)