|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
2. What is an egg's shell formed from?
(a) Whitish membrane and protein cells.
(b) Calcuim carbonate and protein.
(c) Bone marrow and ligaments.
(d) Minerals and lactic acid.
3. Which of the following is a raw fish dish?
4. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
(b) Spit roasting.
5. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
(a) A ventilated container.
(b) A dry container.
(c) An airtight container.
(d) A perspiring container.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
2. What does pickling kill in products?
3. What is the disadvantage of canned meat?
4. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
5. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)