|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What does a parsnip convert its starch to in the winter?
3. Why does the author think meat is different than it has been in the past?
(a) It is leaner and younger.
(b) It is more tender and fattier.
(c) It is older and tougher.
(d) It has less blood content.
4. What helps produce leaner meat in some countries?
(a) Bone marrow.
(b) Animal hormones.
(c) Lactic acid.
(d) Dried animal blood.
5. What family is the tomato a member of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the egg once it has matured?
2. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
3. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
4. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
5. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)