|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fish and Shellfish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
(d) Spit roasting.
2. What helps produce leaner meat in some countries?
(a) Lactic acid.
(b) Dried animal blood.
(c) Animal hormones.
(d) Bone marrow.
3. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
(b) Oven cooking.
(c) Spit roasting.
4. What creates buttermilk?
(a) Butter mixed in with milk.
(b) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
(c) The watery portion of cream.
(d) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
5. What is margarine made from?
(a) Vegetable oil.
(b) Olive oil.
(c) Animal fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
2. What part of the egg is the most nutritious?
3. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
4. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
5. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)