|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Milk and Dairy Products.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
(b) Clear bacteria.
(c) Lactic acid bacteria.
(d) Smear bacteria.
2. Which of the following depends on the flavor of the cheese?
(a) The breeding of the animal.
(b) The climate of the country.
(c) The age of the animal.
(d) The milk's exposure to light.
3. What creates buttermilk?
(a) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
(b) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
(c) Butter mixed in with milk.
(d) The watery portion of cream.
4. What are custards made from?
(a) Lard and cream.
(b) Vegetable oil and whipped cream.
(c) Buttermik and margarine.
(d) Milk and eggs.
5. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
(a) Protein globule membranes.
(b) Git globule membranes.
(c) Hop globule membranes.
(d) Fat globule membranes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
2. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
3. What dairy product contains several nutrients?
4. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
5. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)