|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wine, Beer, and Distilled Spirits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way are batters different from dough?
(a) They contain less alcohol.
(b) They contain more sugar.
(c) They contain more flour.
(d) They contain more water.
2. What fruit does one dry to make prunes?
3. What does the yeast in wine feed on to convert itself into alcohol?
4. What creates buttermilk?
(a) Whipped cream mixed with milk.
(b) The watery portion of cream.
(c) Slighty sweetened melted butter.
(d) Butter mixed in with milk.
5. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
2. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
3. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
4. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
5. What does the author say is the most common shellfish?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)