|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wine, Beer, and Distilled Spirits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
(a) It makes them harder to preserve.
(b) It discolors them.
(c) They don't taste so nice.
(d) It reduces their nutrient value.
2. What does one make malt whiskey from?
(a) Juniper berries.
(d) Tree bark.
3. What country do both sushi and sashimi originate from?
(c) Hong Kong.
4. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
5. What kind of fish is beheaded, gutted, salted and held at high temperatures for a month?
(a) Salted herring.
(c) Salted cod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word for simple sugars?
2. What does yeast produce as a by product?
3. What is used to make bread lighter?
4. What cooking method often results in tender cooked meat?
5. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)