|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Meat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
2. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
(c) Spit roasting.
3. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
(a) To to cook the meat right through.
(b) To burn off its dangerous bacteria.
(c) So not to overcook the exterior.
(d) So to drain it off its fatty excess.
4. What helps produce leaner meat in some countries?
(a) Animal hormones.
(b) Dried animal blood.
(c) Bone marrow.
(d) Lactic acid.
5. What did Louis Pasteur invent in the 1860s?
(a) Pasterised treatment.
(b) Heat treatment.
(c) Skimming treatment.
(d) Whipping treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an egg's shell formed from?
2. What is key to cooking good custards?
3. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
4. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
5. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)