|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flavorings From Plants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
(b) Spit roasts.
(c) Oven roasts.
2. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin B.
(c) Vitamin D.
(d) Vitamin C.
3. Which of the following liquids can one use to poach a fish?
4. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
(a) Lactic acid bacteria.
(c) Clear bacteria.
(d) Smear bacteria.
5. Which of the following is classed as a custard?
(b) A quiche.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A cottage pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
2. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
3. What part of the lobster is most prized?
4. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
5. What family is the tomato a member of?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)