|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flavorings From Plants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a mint herb?
(b) A pennyroyal.
2. What family is spinach a member of?
(a) The root family.
(b) The beet family.
(c) The leaf family.
(d) The startch family.
3. What family is the tomato a member of?
4. What is coriander also known as?
5. What are most herbs and spices made from?
(c) Aromatic oils.
(d) Essential oils.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bacteria in milk?
2. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
3. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
4. What do people add squash blossoms to?
5. What does the bacteria in milk digest to cause fermentation?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)