|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
2. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
3. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
4. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
5. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the importance of symbolism in dreams. How is it used in dream interpretation? How much of a dream can be analyzed this way?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the three tendencies Freud mentions in the interpretation of dreams. Who believes and espouses the different tendencies? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Freud means by dream displacement. How does this relate to dream condensation? What is the importance of events that happen the day before the dream in illustrating the concept of dream displacement?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)