|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
2. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
3. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
4. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
5. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
2. What is a syllogism and how does it relate to Freud's theory of dream calculations?
3. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
4. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
5. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
6. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
7. How are forgetting and suppression related?
8. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
9. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
10. Why do children sleep through the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the role of the ego in sleep. How does it help maintain sleep? What is the cause of contempt upon awakening?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the wish-fulfillment dreams of children and adults.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the importance of symbolism in dreams. How is it used in dream interpretation? How much of a dream can be analyzed this way?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)