|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
2. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
3. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
4. The presentation of sexual material is often in the form of _____.
5. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Freud mean by repression in dreams? What are the differences between repression in the dreams of healthy people versus those of mentally ill people? What examples does Freud use to illustrate these ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Freud means by a dream facade. What makes up the dream facade? How is it used in dream analysis?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the importance of the sleep state in dreaming. What is its importance in childhood? How does it change in adulthood?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)