|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
2. How does some dream content that is sexual appear?
3. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
4. An adult learns to postpone _____.
5. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
2. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
3. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
4. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
5. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
6. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
7. How are obscure dreams formed?
8. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
9. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
10. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the importance of the sleep state in dreaming. What is its importance in childhood? How does it change in adulthood?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Freud defines the roles of seemingly opposite occurrences in dreams. What do these seemingly opposing events often signify? What is the significance of "agreement" of ideas on dreams?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the significance of forgetting aspects of a dream upon waking. What does censorship have to do with this? What does repression have to do with this?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)