|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
2. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
3. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
4. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
5. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
2. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
3. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
4. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
5. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
6. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
7. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
8. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
9. Why do children sleep through the night?
10. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the dream Freud has of Mrs. E.L. How does he analyze this dream? What conclusions about dream interpretation does he come to as a result of this analysis?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning of mixed figures or composites in dreams. What elements can make up their features? What is the significance of common features in dream analysis?
Essay Topic 3
What does Freud mean by repression in dreams? What are the differences between repression in the dreams of healthy people versus those of mentally ill people? What examples does Freud use to illustrate these ideas?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)