|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
2. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
3. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
4. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
5. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
2. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
3. What does Freud say the ability of dreams to tell the future?
4. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
5. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
6. What happens to the woman the day of the dream she has about the funeral and why is this significant??
7. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
8. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
9. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
10. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the dream Freud has of Mrs. E.L. How does he analyze this dream? What conclusions about dream interpretation does he come to as a result of this analysis?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Freud defines the complexity of dream meaning in terms of the translation of real world events into the primarily visual medium of dreaming. What problems does this pose? How is symbolism involved?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Freud means by a dream facade. What makes up the dream facade? How is it used in dream analysis?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)