|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
2. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
3. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
4. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
5. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of forgetting aspects of a dream upon waking. What does censorship have to do with this? What does repression have to do with this?
Essay Topic 2
Name and explain the three classes of dreams that Freud classifies. Who has these particular dreams? How are manifest and latent content ascribed to dreams of each class?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Freud defines the roles of seemingly opposite occurrences in dreams. What do these seemingly opposing events often signify? What is the significance of "agreement" of ideas on dreams?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)