|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
2. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
3. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
4. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
5. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
2. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
3. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
4. Why do children sleep through the night?
5. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
6. What does Freud say the ability of dreams to tell the future?
7. How are obscure dreams formed?
8. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
9. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
10. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the dream Freud has of Mrs. E.L. How does he analyze this dream? What conclusions about dream interpretation does he come to as a result of this analysis?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Freud's opinion of the meaning dreams in pre-scientific days to the meaning of dreams in his time. What was the basis of determining the meaning of dreams in pre-scientific days? How had this changed in Freud's time?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the three classes of dreams in relation to the realization of desire. Where does repression fit in and to what degree for each category?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)