|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
2. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
3. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
4. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
5. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
2. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
3. What does Freud say the ability of dreams to tell the future?
4. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
5. Why do children sleep through the night?
6. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
7. How are forgetting and suppression related?
8. What happens to the woman the day of the dream she has about the funeral and why is this significant??
9. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
10. How are obscure dreams formed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the three classes of dreams in relation to the realization of desire. Where does repression fit in and to what degree for each category?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the three tendencies Freud mentions in the interpretation of dreams. Who believes and espouses the different tendencies? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the significance of forgetting aspects of a dream upon waking. What does censorship have to do with this? What does repression have to do with this?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)