|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
2. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
3. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
4. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
5. What means of presentation is used to answer the requirements of repressed sexuality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the role of the ego in sleep. How does it help maintain sleep? What is the cause of contempt upon awakening?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning of mixed figures or composites in dreams. What elements can make up their features? What is the significance of common features in dream analysis?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Freud defines the complexity of dream meaning in terms of the translation of real world events into the primarily visual medium of dreaming. What problems does this pose? How is symbolism involved?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)