|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
2. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
3. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
4. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
5. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
2. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
3. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
4. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
5. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
6. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
7. How are obscure dreams formed?
8. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
9. How are forgetting and suppression related?
10. Why do children sleep through the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the three tendencies Freud mentions in the interpretation of dreams. Who believes and espouses the different tendencies? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Freud means by a dream facade. What makes up the dream facade? How is it used in dream analysis?
Essay Topic 3
What does Freud mean by repression in dreams? What are the differences between repression in the dreams of healthy people versus those of mentally ill people? What examples does Freud use to illustrate these ideas?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)