|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
2. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
3. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
4. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
5. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
2. Why is the boy in the story by Baldwin Groller considered a "bad boy"?
3. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
4. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
5. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
6. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
7. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
8. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
9. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
10. How are forgetting and suppression related?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the dream Freud has of Mrs. E.L. How does he analyze this dream? What conclusions about dream interpretation does he come to as a result of this analysis?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the three tendencies Freud mentions in the interpretation of dreams. Who believes and espouses the different tendencies? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Freud's idea on the reasons for absurdity in dreams. Use the dream of Mr. M--- as an example. Why is this dream absurd? What role does absurdity play in determining the meaning of the dream?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)