|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
2. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
3. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
4. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
5. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Freud's opinion of the meaning dreams in pre-scientific days to the meaning of dreams in his time. What was the basis of determining the meaning of dreams in pre-scientific days? How had this changed in Freud's time?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the wish-fulfillment dreams of children and adults.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Freud defines the complexity of dream meaning in terms of the translation of real world events into the primarily visual medium of dreaming. What problems does this pose? How is symbolism involved?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)