|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
2. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
3. What is the job of Burdach?
4. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
5. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
2. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
3. Why do children sleep through the night?
4. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
5. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
6. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
7. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
8. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
9. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
10. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Freud defines the roles of seemingly opposite occurrences in dreams. What do these seemingly opposing events often signify? What is the significance of "agreement" of ideas on dreams?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of forgetting aspects of a dream upon waking. What does censorship have to do with this? What does repression have to do with this?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the dream Freud has of Mrs. E.L. How does he analyze this dream? What conclusions about dream interpretation does he come to as a result of this analysis?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)