|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
2. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
3. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
4. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
5. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is latent content of dreams?
2. What is the nature of Freud's relationship with Mrs. E.L.?
3. What does Freud mean by the "common mean"?
4. How does Freud use psychoanalysis when he has a patient experiences morbid dread?
5. When Freud is reminded of Auer's Light by the glass hat, what conclusion does he come to?
6. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
7. Why does the little boy in one of Freud's examples dream of cherries?
8. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
9. In Freud's dream example of the bathers, how does condensation occur?
10. What does Freud mean by "paradox of content"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Freud defines the roles of seemingly opposite occurrences in dreams. What do these seemingly opposing events often signify? What is the significance of "agreement" of ideas on dreams?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the three classes of dreams in relation to the realization of desire. Where does repression fit in and to what degree for each category?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the wish-fulfillment dreams of children and adults.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)