|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
2. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
3. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
4. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
5. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
2. How does Freud suggest that dreams are read?
3. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
4. What issues come to Freud's mind regarding manifest and latent content?
5. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
6. What does Freud say the ability of dreams to tell the future?
7. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
8. In Freud's dream example of the bathers, how does condensation occur?
9. What is the function of the ego in dreams?
10. Why does the little boy in one of Freud's examples dream of cherries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Freud means by a dream facade. What makes up the dream facade? How is it used in dream analysis?
Essay Topic 2
What does Freud mean by repression in dreams? What are the differences between repression in the dreams of healthy people versus those of mentally ill people? What examples does Freud use to illustrate these ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Freud views dream calculations. What is the nature of these calculations? What examples does he use to explain this concept?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)