|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
2. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
3. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
4. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
5. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Freud think that dream thoughts are valuable?
2. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
3. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
4. What happens to the woman the day of the dream she has about the funeral and why is this significant??
5. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
6. To what are linked Freud's greatest questions regarding dream interpretation?
7. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
8. What issues come to Freud's mind regarding manifest and latent content?
9. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
10. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Freud's opinion of the meaning dreams in pre-scientific days to the meaning of dreams in his time. What was the basis of determining the meaning of dreams in pre-scientific days? How had this changed in Freud's time?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the wish-fulfillment dreams of children and adults.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the importance of the sleep state in dreaming. What is its importance in childhood? How does it change in adulthood?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)