|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
2. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
3. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
4. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
5. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the function of the ego in dreams?
2. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
3. What is the role of self-criticism in relation to morbid dread?
4. What tendency does Freud say have been observed in the estimation of dreams by philosophers?
5. What is manifest content of dreams?
6. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
7. What issues come to Freud's mind regarding manifest and latent content?
8. In Freud's dream example of the bathers, how does condensation occur?
9. What does Freud view as the popular view of the nature of dreams?
10. How does Freud feel that the dream's means of expression compare to that of a person's imagination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the three classes of dreams in relation to the realization of desire. Where does repression fit in and to what degree for each category?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Freud defines the roles of seemingly opposite occurrences in dreams. What do these seemingly opposing events often signify? What is the significance of "agreement" of ideas on dreams?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the wish-fulfillment dreams of children and adults.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)