|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
2. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
3. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
4. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
5. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens if the idea of dream displacement is abolished during analysis?
2. What is the function of the ego in dreams?
3. To what are linked Freud's greatest questions regarding dream interpretation?
4. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
5. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
6. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
7. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
8. How does Freud use psychoanalysis when he has a patient experiences morbid dread?
9. What sort of language is expressed in dreams?
10. What tendency does Freud say have been observed in the estimation of dreams by philosophers?
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Freud means by dream condensation. What example does he use to illustrate this concept? How does it do this?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the dream Freud has of Mrs. E.L. How does he analyze this dream? What conclusions about dream interpretation does he come to as a result of this analysis?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the three classes of dreams in relation to the realization of desire. Where does repression fit in and to what degree for each category?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)