|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
2. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
3. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
(a) Erotic desires.
4. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
5. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
(a) Occur after eating too much.
(b) Occur int he morning.
(c) Repeat themselves.
(d) Involve family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
2. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
3. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
4. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
5. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
2. Why is the boy in the story by Baldwin Groller considered a "bad boy"?
3. How are obscure dreams formed?
4. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
5. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
6. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
7. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
8. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
9. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
10. Why do children sleep through the night?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)