|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
(a) Folk psychology.
(d) The mind.
2. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The change of lighting.
(b) The sound of their own names.
(c) The opening of a door.
(d) The sounds of birds.
3. What is the chief motive for the distortion of dreams?
4. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
(c) Any sense of will.
(d) Repression energy.
5. Censorship commands complete _____ when a person awakens.
Short Answer Questions
1. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
2. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
3. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
4. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
5. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
2. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
3. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
4. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
5. What is a syllogism and how does it relate to Freud's theory of dream calculations?
6. What happens to the woman the day of the dream she has about the funeral and why is this significant??
7. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
8. Why is the boy in the story by Baldwin Groller considered a "bad boy"?
9. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
10. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)