|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
(a) The oldest.
(b) The most crass.
(c) The most innocuous.
(d) The least favorable.
2. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
3. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
4. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
5. How does some dream content that is sexual appear?
(c) Innocently asexual.
(d) Extremely distorted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
2. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
3. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
4. Freud says people are right saying that dreams have the ability to _____.
5. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
2. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
3. Why is the boy in the story by Baldwin Groller considered a "bad boy"?
4. How are obscure dreams formed?
5. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
6. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
7. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
8. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
9. What is a syllogism and how does it relate to Freud's theory of dream calculations?
10. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)