|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Censorship commands complete _____ when a person awakens.
2. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A schedule of events.
(b) Another kiss.
(c) A trip to the zoo.
(d) A dream chaser.
3. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
4. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
5. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her sister's child.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
2. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
3. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
4. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
5. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a syllogism and how does it relate to Freud's theory of dream calculations?
2. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
3. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
4. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
5. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
6. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
7. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
8. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
9. What happens to the woman the day of the dream she has about the funeral and why is this significant??
10. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)