|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the symbol of a room mean?
(a) A woman.
(b) The sky.
(c) The mind.
(d) A brain.
2. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The sounds of birds.
(b) The sound of their own names.
(c) The change of lighting.
(d) The opening of a door.
3. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
4. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(b) Dream distortion.
5. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(b) Lying to a person.
(c) Off guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
2. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
3. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
4. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
5. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
2. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
3. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
4. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
5. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
6. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
7. How are forgetting and suppression related?
8. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
9. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
10. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)