|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chief motive for the distortion of dreams?
2. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
(c) Erotic desires.
3. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Fully understandable.
(b) Quite mad.
(c) Infuriating at best.
(d) Utterly engaging.
4. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The baker.
5. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
2. Censorship commands complete _____ when a person awakens.
3. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
4. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
5. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)