|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
2. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
(a) Perfectly concealed.
(b) Massively important.
(c) Outwardly obvious.
3. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(b) Overt denial.
(c) Covert denial.
(d) Incapacity of consciousness.
4. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
5. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The sound of their own names.
(b) The opening of a door.
(c) The change of lighting.
(d) The sounds of birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
2. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
3. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
4. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
5. What does the symbol of a room mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
2. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
3. Why do children sleep through the night?
4. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
5. How are obscure dreams formed?
6. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
7. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
8. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
9. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
10. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)