|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
2. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
(a) A rhinoceros.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
3. What is the job of Burdach?
4. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
(b) Lapses in judgment.
5. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
(a) Occur after eating too much.
(b) Involve family members.
(c) Repeat themselves.
(d) Occur int he morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
2. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
3. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
4. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
5. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
2. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
3. How are forgetting and suppression related?
4. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
5. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
6. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
7. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
8. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
9. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
10. What happens to the woman the day of the dream she has about the funeral and why is this significant??
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)