|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
2. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
(a) Her intellectual abilities.
(b) Her symptoms.
(c) Her past abuse patterns
(d) Her changing appearance.
3. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
4. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
5. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
2. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
3. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
4. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
5. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
2. What is a syllogism and how does it relate to Freud's theory of dream calculations?
3. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
4. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
5. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
6. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
7. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
8. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
9. How are forgetting and suppression related?
10. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)