|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
(a) Madame Lorenzo.
(b) Mrs. E. L.
(c) Miss Elise L---.
(d) Miss Cane.
2. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Food intake.
(b) Obscurity of dream content.
(c) Physical abuse.
(d) Attitude of family members.
3. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(b) Dream distortion.
4. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
5. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
2. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
3. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
4. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
5. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do children sleep through the night?
2. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
3. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
4. What happens to the woman the day of the dream she has about the funeral and why is this significant??
5. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
6. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
7. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
8. Why is the boy in the story by Baldwin Groller considered a "bad boy"?
9. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
10. How are obscure dreams formed?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)