|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
2. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
3. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
4. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
(a) Plausible ones.
(b) Damaging ones.
(c) Accurate ones.
(d) Silly ones.
5. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
(a) Lapses in judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
2. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
3. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
4. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
5. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud say the ability of dreams to tell the future?
2. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
3. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
4. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
5. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
6. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
7. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
8. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
9. Why is the boy in the story by Baldwin Groller considered a "bad boy"?
10. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)