|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) The baker.
(b) The butcher.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
2. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
3. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
(a) Folk psychology.
(c) The mind.
4. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
(a) Erotic desires.
5. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
2. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
3. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
4. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
5. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
2. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
3. What does Freud say the ability of dreams to tell the future?
4. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
5. How are forgetting and suppression related?
6. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
7. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
8. Why do children sleep through the night?
9. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
10. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)