|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
(a) Miss Elise L---.
(b) Miss Cane.
(c) Madame Lorenzo.
(d) Mrs. E. L.
2. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her sister's child.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
4. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
5. What does the symbol of a room mean?
(a) A woman.
(b) The mind.
(c) The sky.
(d) A brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
2. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
3. What is the job of Burdach?
4. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
5. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
2. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
3. What is a syllogism and how does it relate to Freud's theory of dream calculations?
4. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
5. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
6. How are forgetting and suppression related?
7. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
8. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
9. How do definite dreams of painful content fit into Freud's three classes of dreams according to their relationship to desire?
10. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)