|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
2. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
3. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
4. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(b) Dream distortion.
5. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A rhinoceros.
(d) A puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
2. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
3. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
4. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
5. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a syllogism and how does it relate to Freud's theory of dream calculations?
2. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
3. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
4. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
5. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
6. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
7. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
8. How are forgetting and suppression related?
9. What correlate is confirmed concerning the division of the procedures of the mind?
10. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)