|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The sounds of birds.
(b) The opening of a door.
(c) The change of lighting.
(d) The sound of their own names.
2. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
3. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
4. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
5. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
2. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
3. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
4. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
5. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are forgetting and suppression related?
2. What happens when the woman from the theater dream uncovers her repressed thoughts?
3. Why is the boy in the story by Baldwin Groller considered a "bad boy"?
4. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
5. What type of dream that expresses a desire is invariably accompanied by a feeling of dread and why?
6. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
7. How are obscure dreams formed?
8. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
9. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
10. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)