|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
(a) Her infant.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her driver.
(d) Her cook.
2. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Incapacity of consciousness.
(b) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(c) Covert denial.
(d) Overt denial.
3. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
(a) All excess blankets.
(b) All external stimuli.
(c) All sense of fear.
(d) All need for bodily functions to be addressed.
4. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
5. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
2. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
3. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
4. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
5. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
2. How do speeches use the same idea as calculations in dreams?
3. What is a syllogism and how does it relate to Freud's theory of dream calculations?
4. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
5. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
6. Why is the boy in the story by Baldwin Groller considered a "bad boy"?
7. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
8. How are obscure dreams formed?
9. What happens as a result of the dreamer's lack of knowledge of symbols?
10. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)