|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
2. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
(a) Undivided attention.
(b) A kiss.
(c) Access to her dowry.
3. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Having no importance.
(b) Being mutually exclusive.
(c) Having equal rights.
(d) Being unimaginative.
4. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(a) New Age.
5. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
3. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
4. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
5. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when there is nothing in common between dream thoughts?
2. In Freud's dream example of the bathers, how does condensation occur?
3. What is Freud's impression of the ideas about dreams that were espoused by the medical profession of his time?
4. What are the contradictory concepts in the woman's dream about the flower stalk?
5. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
6. What are the two meanings of the word "cost" in German and how does this affect Freud's interpretation of the dream of Mrs.E. L.?
7. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
8. What is latent content of dreams?
9. When Freud is reminded of Auer's Light by the glass hat, what conclusion does he come to?
10. What does Freud mean by "paradox of content"?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)