|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
2. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(b) Decision-making process.
3. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Artistic expression.
(b) Past lives.
(c) Common childhood fantasies.
(d) Real spiritual excitations.
4. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because she was hungry.
(b) Because she was sick.
(c) Because he was sick.
(d) Because it was late.
5. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is clear.
(b) It is obscure.
(c) It is archetypal.
(d) It is nonexistent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
2. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
3. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
4. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
5. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens if the idea of dream displacement is abolished during analysis?
2. What is the function of the ego in dreams?
3. To what are linked Freud's greatest questions regarding dream interpretation?
4. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
5. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
6. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
7. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
8. How does Freud use psychoanalysis when he has a patient experiences morbid dread?
9. What sort of language is expressed in dreams?
10. What tendency does Freud say have been observed in the estimation of dreams by philosophers?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)