|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Artistic expression.
(b) Common childhood fantasies.
(c) Real spiritual excitations.
(d) Past lives.
2. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As reproachful.
(b) As comical.
(c) As single-minded.
(d) As double-sided.
3. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
(a) That they are equal.
(b) That they are continuous.
(c) That they are superior.
(d) That they are meager.
4. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
(a) Detail elements.
(b) An allusion.
(c) No relation.
(d) A caveat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
2. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
3. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
4. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
5. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freud suggest that dreams are read?
2. What does Freud quote Schubert as saying about dreams and what is meant by this?
3. What are the contradictory concepts in the woman's dream about the flower stalk?
4. What does Freud view as the popular view of the nature of dreams?
5. Why does the eight-year-old boy in one of Freud's examples dream of mythical events?
6. What is latent content of dreams?
7. What is the role of self-criticism in relation to morbid dread?
8. What does Freud mean by "paradox of content"?
9. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
10. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)