|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
2. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Sent applications.
(b) Written query letters.
(c) Owed money.
(d) Sent money.
3. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Being unimaginative.
(b) Having equal rights.
(c) Having no importance.
(d) Being mutually exclusive.
4. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
5. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
2. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
3. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
4. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
5. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues come to Freud's mind regarding manifest and latent content?
2. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
3. When Freud is reminded of Auer's Light by the glass hat, what conclusion does he come to?
4. What is the role of self-criticism in relation to morbid dread?
5. What is manifest content of dreams?
6. What is the function of the ego in dreams?
7. In Freud's dream example of the bathers, how does condensation occur?
8. What does Freud mean by the "common mean"?
9. What is Freud's impression of the ideas about dreams that were espoused by the medical profession of his time?
10. How does Freud suggest that dreams are read?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)