|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
2. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The swimming master.
(c) Freud's mother.
(d) The owner of the bath.
3. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) On his head.
(b) On his knee.
(c) On his hand.
(d) Over her face.
4. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
(b) Highly communicative.
5. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
2. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
3. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
4. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
5. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Freud's relationship with Mrs. E.L.?
2. What is manifest content of dreams?
3. How does Freud suggest that dreams are read?
4. What tendency does Freud say have been observed in the estimation of dreams by philosophers?
5. What is the role of self-criticism in relation to morbid dread?
6. What issues come to Freud's mind regarding manifest and latent content?
7. What does Freud view as the popular view of the nature of dreams?
8. What sort of language is expressed in dreams?
9. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
10. Why does the five-year-old boy in one of Freud's examples dream of ascending the Dachstein?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)