|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
2. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
3. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) Psychic awareness.
(b) Psychical life.
(c) Physical health.
(d) State of living.
4. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(a) Mental life.
(c) Mythological references.
5. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
3. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
4. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
2. What happens when there is nothing in common between dream thoughts?
3. Why does the little boy in one of Freud's examples dream of cherries?
4. When Freud is reminded of Auer's Light by the glass hat, what conclusion does he come to?
5. Why does the sick girl in one of Freud's examples dream of being too big for the bed she is sleeping in?
6. How does Freud suggest that dreams are read?
7. What does Freud mean by the "common mean"?
8. What is the function of the ego in dreams?
9. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
10. What is manifest content of dreams?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)