|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(c) Rhyme schemes.
2. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
(d) Letter writing.
3. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
4. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
5. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) Fetters of matter.
(b) State if disease.
(c) Emotional centers.
Short Answer Questions
1. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
2. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
3. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
4. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
5. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the eight-year-old boy in one of Freud's examples dream of mythical events?
2. What does Freud view as the popular view of the nature of dreams?
3. What are the two meanings of the word "cost" in German and how does this affect Freud's interpretation of the dream of Mrs.E. L.?
4. What does Freud mean by "paradox of content"?
5. How does Freud describe the dreamer's reaction to dreams upon waking?
6. What does Freud quote Schubert as saying about dreams and what is meant by this?
7. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
8. In Freud's dream example of the bathers, how does condensation occur?
9. How does Freud suggest that dreams are read?
10. What is Freud's impression of the ideas about dreams that were espoused by the medical profession of his time?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)