|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
(d) Letter writing.
2. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Written query letters.
(b) Sent applications.
(c) Owed money.
(d) Sent money.
3. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
4. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is nonexistent.
(b) It is obscure.
(c) It is archetypal.
(d) It is clear.
5. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
(a) A day off.
(b) Something for nothing.
(c) To be a bachelor.
(d) Fame and fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
2. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
3. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
4. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
5. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tendency does Freud say have been observed in the estimation of dreams by philosophers?
2. When Freud is reminded of Auer's Light by the glass hat, what conclusion does he come to?
3. How does Freud feel that the dream's means of expression compare to that of a person's imagination?
4. What does Freud mean by the "common mean"?
5. What is the function of the ego in dreams?
6. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
7. What are the two meanings of the word "cost" in German and how does this affect Freud's interpretation of the dream of Mrs.E. L.?
8. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
9. What does Freud view as the popular view of the nature of dreams?
10. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)