|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) List of family characters.
(b) Narrative commentaries.
(c) Sleep deprivation times.
(d) Dream plots.
2. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) The scientific method.
(b) Shock therapy.
3. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
4. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) At a table d'hote.
(b) Under an awning.
(c) On an over-sized armchair.
(d) On a sofa.
5. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
2. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
3. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
5. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud mean by "paradox of content"?
2. What issues come to Freud's mind regarding manifest and latent content?
3. When is symbolism effective in dream interpretation?
4. What does Freud quote Schubert as saying about dreams and what is meant by this?
5. What does Freud mean by the "common mean"?
6. How is the figure of three florins, sixty-five kreuzers reached in the woman from Vienna's dream?
7. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
8. How does Freud suggest that dreams are read?
9. What is latent content of dreams?
10. Where does Freud say to look for more information on dream interpretation?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)