|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
(a) His first wife.
(b) An apothecary.
(c) A former university tutor.
(d) A former girlfirend.
2. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
3. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
5. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) Sleep deprivation times.
(b) Dream plots.
(c) List of family characters.
(d) Narrative commentaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
2. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
3. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
4. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
5. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. Why does the sick girl in one of Freud's examples dream of being too big for the bed she is sleeping in?
3. What does Freud quote Schubert as saying about dreams and what is meant by this?
4. What are the two meanings of the word "cost" in German and how does this affect Freud's interpretation of the dream of Mrs.E. L.?
5. What are the contradictory concepts in the woman's dream about the flower stalk?
6. What is the role of self-criticism in relation to morbid dread?
7. What issues come to Freud's mind regarding manifest and latent content?
8. When Freud is reminded of Auer's Light by the glass hat, what conclusion does he come to?
9. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
10. What does Freud view as the popular view of the nature of dreams?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)