|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
2. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
3. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
4. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(b) Rhyme schemes.
5. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
(a) Whooping cough.
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
2. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
3. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
4. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
5. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is latent content of dreams?
2. What sort of language is expressed in dreams?
3. What is Freud's impression of the ideas about dreams that were espoused by the medical profession of his time?
4. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. How does Freud describe the dreamer's reaction to dreams upon waking?
6. Why does the little boy in one of Freud's examples dream of cherries?
7. What tendency does Freud say have been observed in the estimation of dreams by philosophers?
8. Why does the five-year-old boy in one of Freud's examples dream of ascending the Dachstein?
9. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
10. What are the two meanings of the word "cost" in German and how does this affect Freud's interpretation of the dream of Mrs.E. L.?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)