|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As intimate.
(b) As lacking motive.
(c) As detached.
(d) As inconclusive.
2. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
3. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
(a) It is dominant.
(b) It is opposing itself.
(c) It is accurate.
(d) It is transposed.
4. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(a) Sleep deprivation.
5. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
2. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
3. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
4. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
5. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freud suggest that dreams are read?
2. What types of symbols exist in dreams?
3. Why does Freud think that dream thoughts are valuable?
4. What does Freud say the ability of dreams to tell the future?
5. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
6. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
7. How does Freud feel about his ability to present the information he has written in the book?
8. What is the difference between adults and children in terms of the knowledge of reality?
9. How does Freud feel that the dream's means of expression compare to that of a person's imagination?
10. Why does Freud decline to use parts of the dream about Mrs. E. L. to reveal his own repressed thoughts?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)