|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
2. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
3. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
4. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As comical.
(b) As double-sided.
(c) As reproachful.
(d) As single-minded.
5. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) To her aunt's house.
(c) To her grandfather's house.
(d) To a Swiss hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
2. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
3. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
4. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
5. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Freud's impression of the ideas about dreams that were espoused by the medical profession of his time?
2. What happens if the idea of dream displacement is abolished during analysis?
3. What is the role of self-criticism in relation to morbid dread?
4. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
5. Why does the sick girl in one of Freud's examples dream of being too big for the bed she is sleeping in?
6. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
7. What are the two meanings of the word "cost" in German and how does this affect Freud's interpretation of the dream of Mrs.E. L.?
8. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
9. What does Freud mean by "paradox of content"?
10. Why does the eight-year-old boy in one of Freud's examples dream of mythical events?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)