|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
(a) Depnedence on color.
(b) Predictable plot.
(c) Dependence on action.
(d) Unusual wording.
2. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To a Swiss hotel.
(b) To her aunt's house.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To her grandfather's house.
3. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
(b) Highly communicative.
4. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(a) Completely reversing the order of.
(d) Complaining about life in.
5. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(a) Rhyme schemes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
2. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
3. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
4. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is latent content of dreams?
2. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
3. What are the contradictory concepts in the woman's dream about the flower stalk?
4. How does Freud suggest that dreams are read?
5. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
6. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
7. What is the function of the ego in dreams?
8. Why does the sick girl in one of Freud's examples dream of being too big for the bed she is sleeping in?
9. Why does the eight-year-old boy in one of Freud's examples dream of mythical events?
10. What are the two meanings of the word "cost" in German and how does this affect Freud's interpretation of the dream of Mrs.E. L.?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)