|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
(c) Detailed correlation.
2. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
(a) It is accurate.
(b) It is dominant.
(c) It is opposing itself.
(d) It is transposed.
4. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) Her finances.
(b) His beautiful eyes.
(c) The weather.
(d) His marriage to his wife.
5. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As inconclusive.
(b) As intimate.
(c) As detached.
(d) As lacking motive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
3. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
4. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
5. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tendency does Freud say have been observed in the estimation of dreams by philosophers?
2. Why does the eight-year-old boy in one of Freud's examples dream of mythical events?
3. What is latent content of dreams?
4. What is the role of self-criticism in relation to morbid dread?
5. What are the two meanings of the word "cost" in German and how does this affect Freud's interpretation of the dream of Mrs.E. L.?
6. What is Freud's impression of the ideas about dreams that were espoused by the medical profession of his time?
7. What is manifest content of dreams?
8. How does Freud use psychoanalysis when he has a patient experiences morbid dread?
9. What happens if the idea of dream displacement is abolished during analysis?
10. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)