|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(a) Father figures.
2. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As double-sided.
(b) As reproachful.
(c) As comical.
(d) As single-minded.
3. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
4. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the waterfall.
(b) To the peak.
(c) To the farm.
(d) To the bear caves.
5. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
(b) Elementary school.
(d) Early childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
2. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
3. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
5. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
2. What is the function of the ego in dreams?
3. What sort of language is expressed in dreams?
4. How does Freud feel that the dream's means of expression compare to that of a person's imagination?
5. Why does the five-year-old boy in one of Freud's examples dream of ascending the Dachstein?
6. What is Freud's impression of the ideas about dreams that were espoused by the medical profession of his time?
7. What is the role of self-criticism in relation to morbid dread?
8. When Freud is reminded of Auer's Light by the glass hat, what conclusion does he come to?
9. What happens when there is nothing in common between dream thoughts?
10. What does Freud quote Schubert as saying about dreams and what is meant by this?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)