|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(a) Car keys.
(b) Gold coins.
(d) Undivided attention.
2. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
3. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) The swimming master.
(b) The owner of the bath.
(c) Freud's mother.
(d) Her mother.
4. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) An ex-girlfriend.
(b) A family member.
(c) A clergy member.
(d) A colleague.
5. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
2. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
3. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
4. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
5. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freud discover the meaning of the propyl injection in one of his dreams?
2. What tendency does Freud say have been observed in the estimation of dreams by philosophers?
3. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
4. Why does the eight-year-old boy in one of Freud's examples dream of mythical events?
5. What does Freud mean by "paradox of content"?
6. How does Freud describe the dreamer's reaction to dreams upon waking?
7. How do the photographs of Francis Galton relate to Freud's idea of common factors in dreams?
8. What does Freud quote Schubert as saying about dreams and what is meant by this?
9. How does Freud use psychoanalysis when he has a patient experiences morbid dread?
10. What are the contradictory concepts in the woman's dream about the flower stalk?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)