|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) Under an awning.
(b) On an over-sized armchair.
(c) At a table d'hote.
(d) On a sofa.
2. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
(a) Undivided attention.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Access to her dowry.
3. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(a) Completely reversing the order of.
(b) Complaining about life in.
4. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(a) Sleep deprivation.
5. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) Freud's mother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The swimming master.
(d) The owner of the bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
2. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
3. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
4. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Freud say that dream work is a special psychical process?
2. What are the contradictory concepts in the woman's dream about the flower stalk?
3. What is the nature of adult dreams, according to Freud?
4. Why is displacement the most striking of all dream performances?
5. Where does Freud say to look for more information on dream interpretation?
6. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
7. How do people compensate for not knowing the meaning of aspects of dreams?
8. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
9. What are the foundational elements of the origin of many psychological processes, and how are they observed?
10. What is the difference between internal and external stimulus?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)