|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) Pancakes and confit.
(d) Squash blossoms.
2. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(c) New Age.
3. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with life of the day.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their meaningless quality.
(d) Their multi-faceted views on life.
4. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(a) Car keys.
(c) Undivided attention.
(d) Gold coins.
5. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
(b) Karmic retribution.
(c) Dreamless sleep.
(d) Ego flattening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
2. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
3. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
4. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
5. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contradictory concepts in the woman's dream about the flower stalk?
2. How does Freud describe the dreamer's reaction to dreams upon waking?
3. What is the role of self-criticism in relation to morbid dread?
4. Why does the little girl in the example Freud gives dream of strawberries and eggs?
5. What does Freud mean by the "common mean"?
6. What does Freud say is the nature of the dreams of children?
7. What issues come to Freud's mind regarding manifest and latent content?
8. How do the photographs of Francis Galton relate to Freud's idea of common factors in dreams?
9. What is does Freud think the role of love is in the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
10. How does Freud use psychoanalysis when he has a patient experiences morbid dread?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)