|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
2. Censorship commands complete _____ when a person awakens.
3. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
4. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
(b) Folk psychology.
(d) The mind.
5. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
6. What is the chief motive for the distortion of dreams?
7. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
8. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
9. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
10. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
11. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
(c) Repression energy.
(d) Any sense of will.
12. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
13. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
14. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
(b) Ancient relationship.
(c) Psychical futility.
15. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Incapacity of consciousness.
(b) Overt denial.
(c) Covert denial.
(d) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
2. Freud says people are right saying that dreams have the ability to _____.
3. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
4. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
5. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)