|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
2. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
3. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
4. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
5. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
6. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
7. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A rhinoceros.
(d) A puppy.
8. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
9. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The presence of ghosts.
(b) The fear of the dark.
(c) The city sirens.
(d) The whimpereing of her child.
10. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
11. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
12. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
13. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
14. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) A theoretic correlation.
(b) No clear opening.
(c) An open path.
(d) Vast explosive holes.
15. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
(a) All sense of fear.
(b) All excess blankets.
(c) All external stimuli.
(d) All need for bodily functions to be addressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
2. What means of presentation is used to answer the requirements of repressed sexuality?
3. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
4. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
5. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)