|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
2. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
3. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
4. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
5. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
6. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(c) Dream distortion.
7. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(a) Lying to a person.
(d) Off guard.
8. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
9. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
(a) Correlative creation.
(b) Superficial associations.
(c) Social laws.
(d) Acute stimulus.
10. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
11. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The sounds of birds.
(b) The opening of a door.
(c) The sound of their own names.
(d) The change of lighting.
12. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
13. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
14. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) An open path.
(b) A theoretic correlation.
(c) Vast explosive holes.
(d) No clear opening.
15. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The presence of ghosts.
(b) The fear of the dark.
(c) The whimpereing of her child.
(d) The city sirens.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
2. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
3. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
4. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
5. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)