|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
(a) Accurate ones.
(b) Silly ones.
(c) Damaging ones.
(d) Plausible ones.
2. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
3. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) The butcher.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) The baker.
4. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(b) Mrs. E. L.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A rhinoceros.
(d) A kitten.
6. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
7. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
(c) Medical writers.
8. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Infuriating at best.
(b) Utterly engaging.
(c) Quite mad.
(d) Fully understandable.
9. How does some dream content that is sexual appear?
(b) Extremely distorted.
(d) Innocently asexual.
10. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
11. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(d) Dream distortion.
12. What is the chief motive for the distortion of dreams?
13. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Covert denial.
(b) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(c) Incapacity of consciousness.
(d) Overt denial.
14. Censorship commands complete _____ when a person awakens.
15. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
2. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
3. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
4. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
5. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)