|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) An open path.
(b) No clear opening.
(c) Vast explosive holes.
(d) A theoretic correlation.
2. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
3. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
4. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
(a) Superficial associations.
(b) Correlative creation.
(c) Social laws.
(d) Acute stimulus.
5. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
6. The community of symbols is often greater than the community of _____.
7. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
(c) Erotic desires.
8. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) The baker.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The butcher.
9. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(b) Dream distortion.
10. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
11. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
(a) Any sense of will.
(d) Repression energy.
12. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
(a) Massively important.
(c) Perfectly concealed.
(d) Outwardly obvious.
13. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The approach of horses.
(b) His tired baby.
(c) Cessation of the mill.
(d) His ill wife.
14. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
15. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
2. What does the symbol of a room mean?
3. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
4. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
5. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)