|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) His wife.
(b) Mrs. E. L.
(c) His mother.
2. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
3. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
(b) Repression energy.
(d) Any sense of will.
4. How does some dream content that is sexual appear?
(a) Extremely distorted.
(c) Innocently asexual.
5. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
6. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
7. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
8. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
9. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
(a) The most innocuous.
(b) The most crass.
(c) The oldest.
(d) The least favorable.
10. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
11. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
12. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
13. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
14. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
15. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) The baker.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The butcher.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
2. Freud says people are right saying that dreams have the ability to _____.
3. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
4. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
5. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)