|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The awakening of the dreamer.
(b) The continuance of sleep.
(c) The organization of dream material.
(d) The preservation of the body.
2. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The sounds of birds.
(b) The opening of a door.
(c) The sound of their own names.
(d) The change of lighting.
3. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
(b) The whole.
4. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
(a) Accurate ones.
(b) Plausible ones.
(c) Silly ones.
(d) Damaging ones.
5. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
6. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
(a) Her cook.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her infant.
(d) Her driver.
7. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Attitude of family members.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Physical abuse.
(d) Obscurity of dream content.
8. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
9. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
(a) All excess blankets.
(b) All external stimuli.
(c) All need for bodily functions to be addressed.
(d) All sense of fear.
10. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
11. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
12. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
13. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
14. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
(d) Lapses in judgment.
15. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
2. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
3. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
4. The community of symbols is often greater than the community of _____.
5. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)