|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
2. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A dream chaser.
(b) A schedule of events.
(c) A trip to the zoo.
(d) Another kiss.
3. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
4. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
5. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The whimpereing of her child.
(b) The fear of the dark.
(c) The city sirens.
(d) The presence of ghosts.
6. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
7. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
8. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
9. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) An open path.
(b) A theoretic correlation.
(c) Vast explosive holes.
(d) No clear opening.
10. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Food intake.
(b) Obscurity of dream content.
(c) Physical abuse.
(d) Attitude of family members.
11. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
12. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her sister's child.
(d) Her sister.
13. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A rhinoceros.
(d) An elephant.
14. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
(c) Any sense of will.
(d) Repression energy.
15. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
(a) All excess blankets.
(b) All external stimuli.
(c) All sense of fear.
(d) All need for bodily functions to be addressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
2. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
3. Freud says people are right saying that dreams have the ability to _____.
4. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
5. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)