|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
(a) Correlative creation.
(b) Superficial associations.
(c) Social laws.
(d) Acute stimulus.
2. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
3. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
4. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The continuance of sleep.
(b) The organization of dream material.
(c) The preservation of the body.
(d) The awakening of the dreamer.
5. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The opening of a door.
(b) The sounds of birds.
(c) The sound of their own names.
(d) The change of lighting.
6. The presentation of sexual material is often in the form of _____.
7. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One month.
(d) Twenty years.
8. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
9. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
10. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Attitude of family members.
(b) Obscurity of dream content.
(c) Physical abuse.
(d) Food intake.
11. What is the chief motive for the distortion of dreams?
12. An adult learns to postpone _____.
(b) The dream state.
13. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
14. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
(d) Lapses in judgment.
15. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
(a) Madame Lorenzo.
(b) Miss Elise L---.
(c) Miss Cane.
(d) Mrs. E. L.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
2. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
3. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
4. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
5. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)