|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
2. An adult learns to postpone _____.
(b) The dream state.
3. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A dream chaser.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) A schedule of events.
(d) Another kiss.
4. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
(a) Her driver.
(b) Her cook.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her infant.
5. What is the job of Burdach?
6. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
7. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) Vast explosive holes.
(b) No clear opening.
(c) An open path.
(d) A theoretic correlation.
8. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Quite mad.
(b) Utterly engaging.
(c) Infuriating at best.
(d) Fully understandable.
9. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
10. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
11. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(b) Off guard.
(d) Lying to a person.
12. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
13. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
(c) Psychical futility.
(d) Ancient relationship.
14. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The awakening of the dreamer.
(b) The organization of dream material.
(c) The preservation of the body.
(d) The continuance of sleep.
15. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The city sirens.
(b) The fear of the dark.
(c) The whimpereing of her child.
(d) The presence of ghosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
2. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
3. What does the symbol of a room mean?
4. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
5. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)