|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her sister's child.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
2. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Covert denial.
(b) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(c) Overt denial.
(d) Incapacity of consciousness.
3. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her niece.
4. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
5. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) His ill wife.
(b) Cessation of the mill.
(c) The approach of horses.
(d) His tired baby.
6. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
(c) Art show.
7. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
8. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
9. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
10. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
(a) All sense of fear.
(b) All external stimuli.
(c) All excess blankets.
(d) All need for bodily functions to be addressed.
11. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
12. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) The baker.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) The butcher.
13. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A trip to the zoo.
(b) Another kiss.
(c) A schedule of events.
(d) A dream chaser.
14. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
15. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
(c) Folk psychology.
(d) The mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
2. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
3. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
4. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
5. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)