|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
2. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
(a) Superficial associations.
(b) Social laws.
(c) Correlative creation.
(d) Acute stimulus.
3. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
4. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
5. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) Vast explosive holes.
(b) An open path.
(c) No clear opening.
(d) A theoretic correlation.
6. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The continuance of sleep.
(b) The preservation of the body.
(c) The organization of dream material.
(d) The awakening of the dreamer.
7. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
8. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One month.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) One year.
9. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
(a) The whole.
10. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
11. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her sister's child.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) Her mother.
12. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
13. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
(c) Art show.
14. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Covert denial.
(b) Overt denial.
(c) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(d) Incapacity of consciousness.
15. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Infuriating at best.
(b) Quite mad.
(c) Fully understandable.
(d) Utterly engaging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
2. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
3. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
4. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
5. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)