|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
2. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
(c) The mind.
(d) Folk psychology.
3. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
(a) The oldest.
(b) The least favorable.
(c) The most innocuous.
(d) The most crass.
4. What is the job of Burdach?
5. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Covert denial.
(b) Incapacity of consciousness.
(c) Overt denial.
(d) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
6. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A schedule of events.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) Another kiss.
(d) A dream chaser.
7. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
8. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
(c) The whole.
9. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister's child.
(d) Her sister.
10. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
(b) Art show.
11. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
12. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
13. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(c) Off guard.
(d) Lying to a person.
14. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
(a) Damaging ones.
(b) Accurate ones.
(c) Silly ones.
(d) Plausible ones.
15. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
2. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
3. What does the symbol of a room mean?
4. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
5. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)