|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
2. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
3. The presentation of sexual material is often in the form of _____.
4. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
(b) Medical writers.
5. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Utterly engaging.
(b) Fully understandable.
(c) Quite mad.
(d) Infuriating at best.
6. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
(a) Folk psychology.
(b) The mind.
7. What is the job of Burdach?
8. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
9. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
10. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
11. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Attitude of family members.
(d) Obscurity of dream content.
12. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
13. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The change of lighting.
(b) The sounds of birds.
(c) The opening of a door.
(d) The sound of their own names.
14. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Overt denial.
(b) Incapacity of consciousness.
(c) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(d) Covert denial.
15. What means of presentation is used to answer the requirements of repressed sexuality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
2. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
3. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
4. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
5. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)