|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
2. What is the job of Burdach?
3. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
4. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) His tired baby.
(b) Cessation of the mill.
(c) The approach of horses.
(d) His ill wife.
5. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her infant.
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her driver.
6. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(c) Lying to a person.
(d) Off guard.
7. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) Another kiss.
(b) A schedule of events.
(c) A trip to the zoo.
(d) A dream chaser.
8. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
9. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
10. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) An open path.
(b) No clear opening.
(c) Vast explosive holes.
(d) A theoretic correlation.
11. What does the symbol of a room mean?
(a) The sky.
(b) The mind.
(c) A woman.
(d) A brain.
12. What is the chief motive for the distortion of dreams?
13. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
14. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
15. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
2. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
3. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
4. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
5. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)