|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
(b) Psychical futility.
(c) Ancient relationship.
2. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
3. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
4. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A schedule of events.
(b) Another kiss.
(c) A dream chaser.
(d) A trip to the zoo.
5. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister's child.
6. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Quite mad.
(b) Fully understandable.
(c) Utterly engaging.
(d) Infuriating at best.
7. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) The butcher.
(b) Her father.
(c) The baker.
(d) Her husband.
8. The acceptance of _____ is something found in dream work.
(a) Superficial associations.
(b) Correlative creation.
(c) Acute stimulus.
(d) Social laws.
9. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
(a) All sense of fear.
(b) All need for bodily functions to be addressed.
(c) All excess blankets.
(d) All external stimuli.
10. What means of presentation is used to answer the requirements of repressed sexuality?
11. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(b) Lying to a person.
(d) Off guard.
12. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
(b) The mind.
(c) Folk psychology.
13. An adult learns to postpone _____.
(c) The dream state.
14. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
15. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
2. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
3. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
4. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
5. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)