|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her niece.
(d) Her daughter.
2. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(c) Dream distortion.
3. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
4. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
5. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
6. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(d) Mrs. E. L.
7. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
(a) Miss Elise L---.
(b) Mrs. E. L.
(c) Madame Lorenzo.
(d) Miss Cane.
8. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
9. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
10. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A dream chaser.
(b) Another kiss.
(c) A trip to the zoo.
(d) A schedule of events.
11. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
(a) A puppy.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A rhinoceros.
12. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
13. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
14. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
(a) Her infant.
(b) Her cook.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her driver.
15. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. An adult learns to postpone _____.
2. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
3. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
4. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
5. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)