|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
2. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
(c) Ancient relationship.
(d) Psychical futility.
3. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
4. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
5. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
(a) Occur int he morning.
(b) Repeat themselves.
(c) Occur after eating too much.
(d) Involve family members.
6. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) An open path.
(b) No clear opening.
(c) Vast explosive holes.
(d) A theoretic correlation.
7. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
8. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(b) Incapacity of consciousness.
(c) Overt denial.
(d) Covert denial.
9. Freud says people are right saying that dreams have the ability to _____.
(a) Foretell the future.
(b) Release reality.
(c) Obfuscate the present.
(d) Erase the past.
10. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
11. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(d) Dream distortion.
12. The presentation of sexual material is often in the form of _____.
13. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
14. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
(a) Miss Cane.
(b) Mrs. E. L.
(c) Madame Lorenzo.
(d) Miss Elise L---.
15. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
(a) Perfectly concealed.
(b) Outwardly obvious.
(c) Massively important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of Burdach?
2. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
3. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
4. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
5. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)