|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
(a) Mrs. E. L.
(b) Miss Elise L---.
(c) Madame Lorenzo.
(d) Miss Cane.
2. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
(a) Her intellectual abilities.
(b) Her past abuse patterns
(c) Her changing appearance.
(d) Her symptoms.
3. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
4. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) His mother.
(c) Mrs. E. L.
(d) His wife.
5. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) A theoretic correlation.
(b) Vast explosive holes.
(c) No clear opening.
(d) An open path.
6. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
7. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The continuance of sleep.
(b) The awakening of the dreamer.
(c) The preservation of the body.
(d) The organization of dream material.
8. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
9. An adult learns to postpone _____.
(c) The dream state.
10. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
11. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
12. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) Her father.
(b) The baker.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The butcher.
13. The community of symbols is often greater than the community of _____.
14. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
(a) All sense of fear.
(b) All excess blankets.
(c) All need for bodily functions to be addressed.
(d) All external stimuli.
15. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
2. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
3. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
4. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
5. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)