|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
(a) Medical writers.
2. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
3. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
(d) Art show.
4. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
(a) Outwardly obvious.
(b) Perfectly concealed.
(d) Massively important.
5. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
6. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A dream chaser.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) A schedule of events.
(d) Another kiss.
7. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
8. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The awakening of the dreamer.
(b) The organization of dream material.
(c) The continuance of sleep.
(d) The preservation of the body.
9. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Quite mad.
(b) Infuriating at best.
(c) Fully understandable.
(d) Utterly engaging.
10. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) No clear opening.
(b) A theoretic correlation.
(c) Vast explosive holes.
(d) An open path.
11. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
12. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(b) Off guard.
(d) Lying to a person.
13. What means of presentation is used to answer the requirements of repressed sexuality?
14. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
(a) Repression energy.
(b) Any sense of will.
15. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
(b) Lapses in judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
2. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
3. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
4. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
5. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)