|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her driver.
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her infant.
2. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
(d) The whole.
3. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The sounds of birds.
(b) The opening of a door.
(c) The change of lighting.
(d) The sound of their own names.
4. What means of presentation is used to answer the requirements of repressed sexuality?
5. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A rhinoceros.
(d) An elephant.
6. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) Mrs. E. L.
7. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
8. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
(c) Medical writers.
9. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
10. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
(a) Repression energy.
(c) Any sense of will.
11. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) His tired baby.
(b) Cessation of the mill.
(c) His ill wife.
(d) The approach of horses.
12. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
13. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The continuance of sleep.
(b) The awakening of the dreamer.
(c) The organization of dream material.
(d) The preservation of the body.
14. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Covert denial.
(b) Overt denial.
(c) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(d) Incapacity of consciousness.
15. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
2. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
3. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
4. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
5. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)