|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her niece.
(d) Her best friend.
2. Freud says people are right saying that dreams have the ability to _____.
(a) Erase the past.
(b) Obfuscate the present.
(c) Release reality.
(d) Foretell the future.
3. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
4. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Quite mad.
(b) Fully understandable.
(c) Infuriating at best.
(d) Utterly engaging.
5. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister's child.
6. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
(a) All excess blankets.
(b) All need for bodily functions to be addressed.
(c) All external stimuli.
(d) All sense of fear.
7. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
8. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
9. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
10. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
11. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
12. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The fear of the dark.
(b) The presence of ghosts.
(c) The whimpereing of her child.
(d) The city sirens.
13. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A schedule of events.
(b) A dream chaser.
(c) Another kiss.
(d) A trip to the zoo.
14. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
15. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
(b) The whole.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
2. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
3. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
4. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
5. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)