|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
2. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Attitude of family members.
(b) Obscurity of dream content.
(c) Food intake.
(d) Physical abuse.
3. The presentation of sexual material is often in the form of _____.
4. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
5. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
6. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
(a) Medical writers.
7. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A rhinoceros.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
8. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
9. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
(a) Silly ones.
(b) Accurate ones.
(c) Plausible ones.
(d) Damaging ones.
10. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Utterly engaging.
(b) Quite mad.
(c) Fully understandable.
(d) Infuriating at best.
11. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
12. How does some dream content that is sexual appear?
(b) Innocently asexual.
(c) Extremely distorted.
13. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
(b) Lapses in judgment.
14. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
(a) Perfectly concealed.
(c) Outwardly obvious.
(d) Massively important.
15. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
(d) Erotic desires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
2. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
3. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
4. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
5. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)