|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
(a) Perfectly concealed.
(c) Massively important.
(d) Outwardly obvious.
2. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
3. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
(b) Erotic desires.
4. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The continuance of sleep.
(b) The preservation of the body.
(c) The awakening of the dreamer.
(d) The organization of dream material.
5. What is a child full of when being put to sleep by his mother?
6. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
7. How does some dream content that is sexual appear?
(a) Extremely distorted.
(c) Innocently asexual.
8. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) A theoretic correlation.
(b) No clear opening.
(c) An open path.
(d) Vast explosive holes.
9. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
10. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
(b) Art show.
11. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
12. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
(c) The whole.
13. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(b) Covert denial.
(c) Overt denial.
(d) Incapacity of consciousness.
14. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A schedule of events.
(b) Another kiss.
(c) A trip to the zoo.
(d) A dream chaser.
15. What means of presentation is used to answer the requirements of repressed sexuality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
2. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
3. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
4. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
5. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)