|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The presentation of sexual material is often in the form of _____.
2. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
3. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
(a) Plausible ones.
(b) Damaging ones.
(c) Accurate ones.
(d) Silly ones.
4. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
(a) Lapses in judgment.
5. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
6. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
7. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
8. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
9. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
10. What is the job of Burdach?
11. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister's child.
(d) Her great aunt.
12. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
(b) Folk psychology.
(c) The mind.
13. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
14. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One month.
(d) Twenty years.
15. How does some dream content that is sexual appear?
(a) Innocently asexual.
(d) Extremely distorted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud says people are right saying that dreams have the ability to _____.
2. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
3. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
4. What must be removed for a child to get to sleep?
5. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)