|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
2. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The baker.
3. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
4. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) His wife.
(c) Mrs. E. L.
(d) His mother.
5. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The whimpereing of her child.
(b) The presence of ghosts.
(c) The city sirens.
(d) The fear of the dark.
6. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
(a) Her changing appearance.
(b) Her intellectual abilities.
(c) Her past abuse patterns
(d) Her symptoms.
7. Censorship commands complete _____ when a person awakens.
8. How does the woman who is married in the theater dream feel about having married so young?
9. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
10. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) No clear opening.
(b) Vast explosive holes.
(c) A theoretic correlation.
(d) An open path.
11. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
(d) Lapses in judgment.
12. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Utterly engaging.
(b) Infuriating at best.
(c) Fully understandable.
(d) Quite mad.
13. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
14. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
(c) The whole.
15. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
(d) Erotic desires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
2. What does the symbol of a King meaning in dreams?
3. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
4. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
5. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)