|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) Over her face.
(b) On his hand.
(c) On his head.
(d) On his knee.
2. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(b) Whooping cough.
3. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) To her grandfather's house.
(c) To a Swiss hotel.
(d) To her aunt's house.
4. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(c) Morbid dread.
5. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
6. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
7. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
8. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their meaningless quality.
(b) Their connection with life of the day.
(c) Their connection with spirituality.
(d) Their multi-faceted views on life.
9. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the peak.
(b) To the farm.
(c) To the bear caves.
(d) To the waterfall.
10. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Languid and controlled.
(b) Vivid and colorful.
(c) Obscure and intricate.
(d) Varied and intense.
11. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
(c) Highly communicative.
12. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
13. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
14. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
15. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
(b) Elementary school.
(d) Early childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
2. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
3. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
4. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
5. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)