|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As reproachful.
(b) As comical.
(c) As double-sided.
(d) As single-minded.
2. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
3. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
4. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
(c) A source of pride.
5. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
(a) Ego flattening.
(b) Karmic retribution.
(c) Dreamless sleep.
6. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
7. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Undivided attention.
(d) Car keys.
8. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Whooping cough.
9. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) A colleague.
(b) An ex-girlfriend.
(c) A clergy member.
(d) A family member.
10. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
(a) Somewhat delusional.
11. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Artistic expression.
(b) Real spiritual excitations.
(c) Common childhood fantasies.
(d) Past lives.
12. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
13. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
14. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) State if disease.
(c) Emotional centers.
(d) Fetters of matter.
15. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) Over her face.
(b) On his head.
(c) On his knee.
(d) On his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
2. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
3. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
4. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
5. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)