|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
3. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As double-sided.
(b) As reproachful.
(c) As comical.
(d) As single-minded.
4. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
5. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(c) Decision-making process.
6. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
7. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
8. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(a) Car keys.
(b) Undivided attention.
(d) Gold coins.
9. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
10. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(a) New Age.
11. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
(c) Somewhat delusional.
12. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
(b) Whooping cough.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
13. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
14. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Deserves close study.
(b) Is completely useless.
(c) Should be ignored initially.
(d) Has mystical implications.
15. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(b) Devoid of intellect.
(c) Electrically charged.
(d) Highly psychic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
2. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
3. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
4. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
5. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)