|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Cranial Progressions".
(b) "Dream Phantasies".
(c) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(d) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
2. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(a) Rhyme schemes.
3. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(b) Morbid dread.
4. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
5. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Whooping cough.
6. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
7. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) To instruct the dreamer.
(b) Very subordinate.
(c) Completely dominant.
(d) To puzzle the dreamer.
8. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Types of dreaming.
(b) Methods of survival.
(c) Mental syntheses.
(d) Functions of the body.
9. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
10. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(b) Mythological references.
(d) Mental life.
11. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
12. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(a) Car keys.
(c) Undivided attention.
(d) Gold coins.
13. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
14. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
(a) Detail elements.
(b) A caveat.
(c) An allusion.
(d) No relation.
15. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
2. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
3. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
4. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
5. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)