|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(b) The Malocchio.
(c) The plague.
(d) Animal spirits.
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their meaningless quality.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(d) Their connection with life of the day.
3. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Being unimaginative.
(b) Having equal rights.
(c) Having no importance.
(d) Being mutually exclusive.
4. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) On his hand.
(b) On his knee.
(c) Over her face.
(d) On his head.
5. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
(a) Afternoon at the Baths.
(b) The Surprise in the Bath.
(c) The Grecian Bathers.
(d) The Art of the Swim.
6. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(a) Decision-making process.
7. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
8. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Whooping cough.
9. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
10. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
11. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Sent money.
(b) Owed money.
(c) Sent applications.
(d) Written query letters.
12. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
13. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
14. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(b) Pancakes and confit.
(d) Squash blossoms.
15. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
(a) A ceramic cat.
(b) A green coat.
(c) A velvet rope.
(d) A glass top hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
2. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
3. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
4. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
5. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)