|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
2. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
3. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
4. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Varied and intense.
(b) Obscure and intricate.
(c) Languid and controlled.
(d) Vivid and colorful.
5. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
6. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(b) Father figures.
7. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
(a) Depnedence on color.
(b) Unusual wording.
(c) Predictable plot.
(d) Dependence on action.
8. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
9. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
10. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
11. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is nonexistent.
(b) It is archetypal.
(c) It is obscure.
(d) It is clear.
12. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with life of the day.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their meaningless quality.
(d) Their multi-faceted views on life.
13. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Real spiritual excitations.
(b) Past lives.
(c) Common childhood fantasies.
(d) Artistic expression.
14. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
15. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
2. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
3. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
4. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)