|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) Physical health.
(b) Psychic awareness.
(c) Psychical life.
(d) State of living.
2. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
3. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
4. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
5. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
(a) Detailed correlation.
6. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
7. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
(a) That they are continuous.
(b) That they are equal.
(c) That they are meager.
(d) That they are superior.
8. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
9. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
10. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) A clergy member.
(b) A family member.
(c) A colleague.
(d) An ex-girlfriend.
11. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with life of the day.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(d) Their meaningless quality.
12. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(b) Emotional centers.
(c) Fetters of matter.
(d) State if disease.
13. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
(a) Fame and fortune.
(b) Something for nothing.
(c) A day off.
(d) To be a bachelor.
14. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
15. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
2. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
3. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
4. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
5. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)