|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Has mystical implications.
(b) Should be ignored initially.
(c) Is completely useless.
(d) Deserves close study.
2. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
3. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As lacking motive.
(b) As inconclusive.
(c) As detached.
(d) As intimate.
4. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
5. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
6. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
7. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
(a) That they are superior.
(b) That they are equal.
(c) That they are meager.
(d) That they are continuous.
8. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(c) Sleep deprivation.
9. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their meaningless quality.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their connection with life of the day.
(d) Their multi-faceted views on life.
10. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
11. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Being unimaginative.
(b) Having no importance.
(c) Having equal rights.
(d) Being mutually exclusive.
12. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
13. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(d) New Age.
14. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
15. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is obscure.
(b) It is nonexistent.
(c) It is archetypal.
(d) It is clear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
2. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
3. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
4. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
5. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)