|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
2. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(a) Car keys.
(b) Undivided attention.
(d) Gold coins.
3. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
4. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(a) Mental life.
(c) Mythological references.
5. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
6. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
7. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
8. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) The swimming master.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Freud's mother.
(d) The owner of the bath.
9. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
(a) To be a bachelor.
(b) Fame and fortune.
(c) A day off.
(d) Something for nothing.
10. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
(a) Depnedence on color.
(b) Dependence on action.
(c) Unusual wording.
(d) Predictable plot.
11. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
12. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(d) Rhyme schemes.
13. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(b) Accurate assumptions.
(c) Deep consequences.
(d) Derogatory judgments.
14. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) The weather.
(b) His beautiful eyes.
(c) Her finances.
(d) His marriage to his wife.
15. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
(a) The Surprise in the Bath.
(b) The Grecian Bathers.
(c) The Art of the Swim.
(d) Afternoon at the Baths.
Short Answer Questions
1. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
3. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
4. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)