|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
(a) "Hold my hand."
(b) "Nature! Nature!"
(c) "Never! Never!"
(d) "Let me be!"
2. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
(a) A green coat.
(b) A ceramic cat.
(c) A glass top hat.
(d) A velvet rope.
3. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
4. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the waterfall.
(b) To the peak.
(c) To the bear caves.
(d) To the farm.
5. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
6. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
(b) Letter writing.
7. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
8. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As single-minded.
(b) As comical.
(c) As double-sided.
(d) As reproachful.
9. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
10. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) The scientific method.
(c) Shock therapy.
11. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
(a) That they are continuous.
(b) That they are equal.
(c) That they are meager.
(d) That they are superior.
12. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
13. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
(a) A Know-it-All.
(b) Little Miss Muffet.
(c) Miss Little-Would-be-Big.
(d) Mary Quite Contrary.
14. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Cranial Progressions".
(b) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(c) "Dream Phantasies".
(d) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
15. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
2. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
3. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
4. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
5. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)