|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
(a) Coercive element.
(b) Doer of evil.
(c) Constant source of pain.
(d) General paralytic.
2. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
3. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(a) Electrically charged.
(b) Devoid of intellect.
(c) Highly psychic.
4. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
5. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
6. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
(d) A source of pride.
7. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
8. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
9. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
10. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
11. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is nonexistent.
(b) It is clear.
(c) It is archetypal.
(d) It is obscure.
12. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
(b) Dreamless sleep.
(c) Ego flattening.
(d) Karmic retribution.
13. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(b) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(c) "Cranial Progressions".
(d) "Dream Phantasies".
14. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
(b) Detailed correlation.
15. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
2. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
3. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
4. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
5. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)