|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As friendly or hostile.
(b) As worthless.
(c) As informative.
(d) As instructional for the future.
2. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(b) Completely reversing the order of.
(c) Complaining about life in.
3. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(b) Undivided attention.
(c) Car keys.
(d) Gold coins.
6. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(d) Father figures.
7. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
8. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
9. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
(a) It is opposing itself.
(b) It is accurate.
(c) It is transposed.
(d) It is dominant.
10. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
(c) A source of pride.
11. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) Pancakes and confit.
(d) Squash blossoms.
12. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
13. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
14. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
15. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
2. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
3. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
4. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
5. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)