|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
(b) Whooping cough.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
2. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Internal organs.
3. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
(d) Letter writing.
4. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) The scientific method.
(c) Shock therapy.
5. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
6. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
(a) A kiss.
(b) Undivided attention.
(d) Access to her dowry.
7. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
(a) Something for nothing.
(b) Fame and fortune.
(c) To be a bachelor.
(d) A day off.
8. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) The weather.
(b) His beautiful eyes.
(c) His marriage to his wife.
(d) Her finances.
9. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
10. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
11. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) To her aunt's house.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To a Swiss hotel.
12. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
13. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
14. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(a) Devoid of intellect.
(b) Electrically charged.
(c) Highly psychic.
15. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(d) Decision-making process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
2. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
3. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
4. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
5. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)