Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
2. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(b) Decision-making process.
3. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Artistic expression.
(b) Past lives.
(c) Common childhood fantasies.
(d) Real spiritual excitations.
4. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because she was hungry.
(b) Because she was sick.
(c) Because he was sick.
(d) Because it was late.
5. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is clear.
(b) It is obscure.
(c) It is archetypal.
(d) It is nonexistent.
6. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Having no importance.
(b) Having equal rights.
(c) Being mutually exclusive.
(d) Being unimaginative.
7. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
8. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(c) New Age.
9. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
10. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
11. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As lacking motive.
(b) As inconclusive.
(c) As intimate.
(d) As detached.
12. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(b) State if disease.
(c) Emotional centers.
(d) Fetters of matter.
13. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
14. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(c) Father figures.
15. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
2. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
3. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
4. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)