|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Functions of the body.
(b) Types of dreaming.
(c) Mental syntheses.
(d) Methods of survival.
2. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
(b) Two dimensions.
3. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
4. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Drug use.
(b) Internal organs.
(c) Food intake.
(d) Physical abuse.
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(c) The scientific method.
(d) Shock therapy.
6. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Being unimaginative.
(b) Being mutually exclusive.
(c) Having no importance.
(d) Having equal rights.
7. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the peak.
(b) To the farm.
(c) To the bear caves.
(d) To the waterfall.
8. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) At a table d'hote.
(b) Under an awning.
(c) On a sofa.
(d) On an over-sized armchair.
9. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
10. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
(b) Elementary school.
(d) Early childhood.
11. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Dream Phantasies".
(b) "Cranial Progressions".
(c) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(d) "Fascinations of the Mind".
12. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
13. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
14. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(b) State if disease.
(c) Fetters of matter.
(d) Emotional centers.
15. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) To her aunt's house.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To a Swiss hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
2. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
4. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)