|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
2. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Being mutually exclusive.
(b) Being unimaginative.
(c) Having no importance.
(d) Having equal rights.
3. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
(a) Constant source of pain.
(b) General paralytic.
(c) Doer of evil.
(d) Coercive element.
4. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
5. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(b) Completely reversing the order of.
(c) Complaining about life in.
6. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
7. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
8. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
9. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(d) Decision-making process.
10. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
11. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
12. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Accurate assumptions.
(b) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(c) Derogatory judgments.
(d) Deep consequences.
13. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Real spiritual excitations.
(b) Common childhood fantasies.
(c) Artistic expression.
(d) Past lives.
14. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
(a) "Let me be!"
(b) "Nature! Nature!"
(c) "Never! Never!"
(d) "Hold my hand."
15. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Cranial Progressions".
(b) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(c) "Dream Phantasies".
(d) "Fascinations of the Mind".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
2. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
3. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
4. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)