|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 (pg 75-76).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
(a) It is accurate.
(b) It is opposing itself.
(c) It is dominant.
(d) It is transposed.
2. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As reproachful.
(b) As comical.
(c) As double-sided.
(d) As single-minded.
3. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
4. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
5. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
(a) Undivided attention.
(b) Access to her dowry.
(c) A kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
2. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
3. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
4. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)