|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 (pg 75-76).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As friendly or hostile.
(b) As instructional for the future.
(c) As worthless.
(d) As informative.
2. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is archetypal.
(b) It is obscure.
(c) It is nonexistent.
(d) It is clear.
3. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Obscurity of dream content.
(b) Attitude of family members.
(c) Physical abuse.
(d) Food intake.
4. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
5. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Whooping cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who translated the third edition of "Interpretation of Dreams" into English?
2. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
3. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
4. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
5. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)