|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 (pg 75-76).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does some dream content that is sexual appear?
(b) Extremely distorted.
(c) Innocently asexual.
2. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Functions of the body.
(b) Types of dreaming.
(c) Mental syntheses.
(d) Methods of survival.
3. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As informative.
(b) As worthless.
(c) As instructional for the future.
(d) As friendly or hostile.
5. Who published the English version of the third edition of "The Interpretation of Dreams"?
(c) George Allen and Company.
(d) Hartford and Stratlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
2. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
3. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. The problem of dream interpretation is the replacement of _____ ideas.
5. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)