|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 (pg 75-76).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) Another kiss.
(b) A dream chaser.
(c) A schedule of events.
(d) A trip to the zoo.
2. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) State of living.
(b) Psychic awareness.
(c) Psychical life.
(d) Physical health.
3. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
4. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
5. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is nonexistent.
(b) It is clear.
(c) It is obscure.
(d) It is archetypal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
2. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
3. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
4. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
5. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)