|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 (pg 75-76).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
(a) Early childhood.
(d) Elementary school.
2. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
(a) Access to her dowry.
(b) Undivided attention.
(c) A kiss.
4. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
(a) The most crass.
(b) The least favorable.
(c) The oldest.
(d) The most innocuous.
5. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
(b) Medical writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
2. Who published the English version of the third edition of "The Interpretation of Dreams"?
3. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
4. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
5. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)