|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 (pg 75-76).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The preservation of the body.
(b) The organization of dream material.
(c) The awakening of the dreamer.
(d) The continuance of sleep.
2. What symbol of sexuality does Freud associate with agriculture?
3. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
(a) Occur int he morning.
(b) Involve family members.
(c) Repeat themselves.
(d) Occur after eating too much.
4. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
5. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(b) Off guard.
(c) Lying to a person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
2. What part of the content is not to be interpreted symbolically?
3. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
4. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
5. What does the symbol of a room mean?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)