|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 (pg 75-76).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
2. What is the job of Burdach?
3. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As instructional for the future.
(b) As friendly or hostile.
(c) As worthless.
(d) As informative.
4. What does the ego abandon during sleep?
(a) Repression energy.
(d) Any sense of will.
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with spirituality.
(b) Their meaningless quality.
(c) Their connection with life of the day.
(d) Their multi-faceted views on life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
2. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
3. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
4. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
5. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)