|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 (pg 75-76).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As lacking motive.
(b) As inconclusive.
(c) As detached.
(d) As intimate.
2. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(b) Accurate assumptions.
(c) Derogatory judgments.
(d) Deep consequences.
3. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
(a) Her symptoms.
(b) Her intellectual abilities.
(c) Her changing appearance.
(d) Her past abuse patterns
4. Most dreams of adults are traced by analysis to _____.
(b) Erotic desires.
5. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
2. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
4. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
5. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)