|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 (pg 75-76).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
2. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Deserves close study.
(b) Has mystical implications.
(c) Should be ignored initially.
(d) Is completely useless.
3. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
(a) The most crass.
(b) The most innocuous.
(c) The least favorable.
(d) The oldest.
4. Freud states that the study of dream symbolism is far from _____.
5. Dream symbolism proves indispensable in dreams that _____.
(a) Involve family members.
(b) Occur int he morning.
(c) Occur after eating too much.
(d) Repeat themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
2. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
3. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)