|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
(a) A velvet rope.
(b) A glass top hat.
(c) A ceramic cat.
(d) A green coat.
2. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As instructional for the future.
(b) As informative.
(c) As worthless.
(d) As friendly or hostile.
3. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
(b) Early childhood.
(c) Elementary school.
4. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
5. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(b) Sleep deprivation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
2. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
3. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
4. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
5. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)