|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
(a) Psychical futility.
(c) Ancient relationship.
2. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
(a) Silly ones.
(b) Plausible ones.
(c) Damaging ones.
(d) Accurate ones.
3. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(b) Lying to a person.
(d) Off guard.
4. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
5. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) The swimming master.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The owner of the bath.
(d) Freud's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
2. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
3. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
4. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
5. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)