|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
3. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Food intake.
(d) Internal organs.
4. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
(a) Predictable plot.
(b) Unusual wording.
(c) Dependence on action.
(d) Depnedence on color.
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(b) The scientific method.
(d) Shock therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
2. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
3. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
4. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
5. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)