|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(b) Off guard.
(d) Lying to a person.
2. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) Very subordinate.
(b) Completely dominant.
(c) To puzzle the dreamer.
(d) To instruct the dreamer.
3. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As worthless.
(b) As informative.
(c) As friendly or hostile.
(d) As instructional for the future.
4. What is the mother awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The fear of the dark.
(b) The city sirens.
(c) The whimpereing of her child.
(d) The presence of ghosts.
5. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(a) Morbid dread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
2. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
3. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
4. Censorship commands complete _____ when a person awakens.
5. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)