|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
(b) Somewhat delusional.
2. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
3. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
(a) Her changing appearance.
(b) Her intellectual abilities.
(c) Her past abuse patterns
(d) Her symptoms.
4. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
5. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) Mrs. E. L.
(b) His mother.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
2. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
3. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
4. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
5. What is the job of Burdach?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)