|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
2. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
(c) Letter writing.
3. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As instructional for the future.
(b) As informative.
(c) As worthless.
(d) As friendly or hostile.
4. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
5. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
3. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
4. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
5. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)