|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Languid and controlled.
(b) Varied and intense.
(c) Obscure and intricate.
(d) Vivid and colorful.
2. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
3. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As single-minded.
(b) As reproachful.
(c) As double-sided.
(d) As comical.
5. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
Short Answer Questions
1. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
3. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
4. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
5. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)