|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On an over-sized armchair.
(b) On a sofa.
(c) Under an awning.
(d) At a table d'hote.
2. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
(a) To be a bachelor.
(b) Something for nothing.
(c) A day off.
(d) Fame and fortune.
3. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
4. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
(a) It is transposed.
(b) It is dominant.
(c) It is accurate.
(d) It is opposing itself.
5. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) The sounds of birds.
(b) The sound of their own names.
(c) The change of lighting.
(d) The opening of a door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
2. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
3. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
4. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
5. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)