|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
2. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Internal organs.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Physical abuse.
(d) Food intake.
3. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
4. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
5. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) To puzzle the dreamer.
(b) To instruct the dreamer.
(c) Very subordinate.
(d) Completely dominant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
2. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
3. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
4. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
5. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)