|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
2. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) Squash blossoms.
(c) Pancakes and confit.
3. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
(a) An apothecary.
(b) His first wife.
(c) A former girlfirend.
(d) A former university tutor.
4. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
(c) Highly communicative.
5. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
2. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
3. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
4. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
5. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)