|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Cranial Progressions".
(b) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(c) "Dream Phantasies".
(d) "Fascinations of the Mind".
2. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
(a) A puppy.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A rhinoceros.
3. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
(a) Constant source of pain.
(b) Doer of evil.
(c) Coercive element.
(d) General paralytic.
4. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
5. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
2. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
3. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
4. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
5. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)