|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) On his knee.
(b) On his hand.
(c) On his head.
(d) Over her face.
2. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
3. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
4. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) Dream plots.
(b) Sleep deprivation times.
(c) List of family characters.
(d) Narrative commentaries.
5. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(c) Sleep deprivation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
2. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
3. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
4. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
5. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)