|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
2. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A blank one.
(b) A hysterical one.
(c) A misplaced on.
(d) A concentrated one.
3. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
4. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because she was sick.
(b) Because it was late.
(c) Because he was sick.
(d) Because she was hungry.
5. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) Narrative commentaries.
(b) Sleep deprivation times.
(c) Dream plots.
(d) List of family characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
2. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
3. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
4. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
5. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)