|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) To puzzle the dreamer.
(b) Very subordinate.
(c) To instruct the dreamer.
(d) Completely dominant.
2. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Fully understandable.
(b) Infuriating at best.
(c) Utterly engaging.
(d) Quite mad.
3. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(c) New Age.
4. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
5. Censorship commands complete _____ when a person awakens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
2. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
3. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
4. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
5. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)