|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) His tired baby.
(b) Cessation of the mill.
(c) His ill wife.
(d) The approach of horses.
2. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
3. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
4. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
5. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are most people awakened by, according to Burdach?
2. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
3. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
4. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
5. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)