|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
2. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Functions of the body.
(b) Types of dreaming.
(c) Mental syntheses.
(d) Methods of survival.
3. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) State if disease.
(b) Emotional centers.
(c) Fetters of matter.
4. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Owed money.
(b) Written query letters.
(c) Sent money.
(d) Sent applications.
5. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say is the guardian of sleep?
2. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
3. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
4. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)