|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
(a) Early childhood.
(d) Elementary school.
2. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On a sofa.
(b) Under an awning.
(c) At a table d'hote.
(d) On an over-sized armchair.
3. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is nonexistent.
(b) It is archetypal.
(c) It is obscure.
(d) It is clear.
4. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
5. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(a) The plague.
(c) The Malocchio.
(d) Animal spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
2. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
3. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
4. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
5. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)