|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
2. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(a) Decision-making process.
3. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(a) Mythological references.
(c) Mental life.
5. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
(a) A former girlfirend.
(b) A former university tutor.
(c) His first wife.
(d) An apothecary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
2. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
3. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
4. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)