|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) Emotional centers.
(c) State if disease.
(d) Fetters of matter.
2. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
3. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Incapacity of consciousness.
(b) Overt denial.
(c) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(d) Covert denial.
4. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
Short Answer Questions
1. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
3. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
4. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
5. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)