|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) A family member.
(b) A clergy member.
(c) A colleague.
(d) An ex-girlfriend.
2. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
3. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
(a) Her intellectual abilities.
(b) Her symptoms.
(c) Her changing appearance.
(d) Her past abuse patterns
4. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) The baker.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The butcher.
5. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) Emotional centers.
(b) State if disease.
(d) Fetters of matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
2. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
3. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
4. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
5. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)