|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
(b) Two dimensions.
2. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
3. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Varied and intense.
(b) Languid and controlled.
(c) Obscure and intricate.
(d) Vivid and colorful.
4. Who is dead in the woman's dream about the funeral?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her sister's child.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her great aunt.
5. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(b) Morbid dread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
2. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
3. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
4. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
5. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)