|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(d) Dream distortion.
2. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
3. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Deep consequences.
(b) Accurate assumptions.
(c) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(d) Derogatory judgments.
4. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
5. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because she was hungry.
(b) Because she was sick.
(c) Because he was sick.
(d) Because it was late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
2. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
3. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
4. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
5. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)