|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A misplaced on.
(b) A hysterical one.
(c) A blank one.
(d) A concentrated one.
2. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
3. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
(b) Art show.
4. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Functions of the body.
(b) Types of dreaming.
(c) Methods of survival.
(d) Mental syntheses.
5. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
(a) Massively important.
(c) Outwardly obvious.
(d) Perfectly concealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
2. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
3. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
4. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
5. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)