|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(a) Decision-making process.
2. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
(b) Ancient relationship.
(d) Psychical futility.
3. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
4. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Vivid and colorful.
(b) Varied and intense.
(c) Languid and controlled.
(d) Obscure and intricate.
5. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) A family member.
(b) A colleague.
(c) A clergy member.
(d) An ex-girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. The desires in meaningful dreams are _____.
2. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
3. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
4. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
5. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)