|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
(a) Ancient relationship.
(c) Psychical futility.
2. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
3. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(c) Rhyme schemes.
4. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
5. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(a) New Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
2. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
3. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
4. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
5. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)