|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) To a Swiss hotel.
(c) To her aunt's house.
(d) To a hospital.
2. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
(a) The most innocuous.
(b) The most crass.
(c) The least favorable.
(d) The oldest.
3. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As reproachful.
(b) As comical.
(c) As double-sided.
(d) As single-minded.
4. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
5. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
(a) Plausible ones.
(b) Silly ones.
(c) Accurate ones.
(d) Damaging ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
2. There are definite dreams with a painful content that do not contain _____.
3. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
4. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
5. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)