|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) The scientific method.
2. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because he was sick.
(b) Because she was sick.
(c) Because it was late.
(d) Because she was hungry.
3. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
4. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
(d) Two dimensions.
5. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
2. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
3. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
4. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
5. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)