|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
2. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(a) Devoid of intellect.
(b) Highly psychic.
(c) Electrically charged.
3. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) To instruct the dreamer.
(b) Very subordinate.
(c) To puzzle the dreamer.
(d) Completely dominant.
4. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
5. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
Short Answer Questions
1. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
2. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
3. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
5. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)