|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As intimate.
(b) As inconclusive.
(c) As detached.
(d) As lacking motive.
2. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(a) Animal spirits.
(b) The Malocchio.
(c) The plague.
3. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(b) Highly psychic.
(c) Devoid of intellect.
(d) Electrically charged.
4. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because he was sick.
(b) Because she was hungry.
(c) Because she was sick.
(d) Because it was late.
5. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As single-minded.
(b) As double-sided.
(c) As comical.
(d) As reproachful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
2. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
3. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
4. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
5. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)