|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) List of family characters.
(b) Dream plots.
(c) Sleep deprivation times.
(d) Narrative commentaries.
2. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(a) The plague.
(c) The Malocchio.
(d) Animal spirits.
3. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
4. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
5. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
(a) It is dominant.
(b) It is opposing itself.
(c) It is transposed.
(d) It is accurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
2. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
3. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
4. How many classes are dreams about the realization of desire divided into, according to Freud?
5. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)