|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is obscure.
(b) It is clear.
(c) It is nonexistent.
(d) It is archetypal.
2. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
(a) Her symptoms.
(b) Her changing appearance.
(c) Her past abuse patterns
(d) Her intellectual abilities.
3. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) The owner of the bath.
(b) Freud's mother.
(c) The swimming master.
(d) Her mother.
4. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
(a) Incapacity of consciousness.
(b) Covert denial.
(c) Inaccuracy of consciousness.
(d) Overt denial.
5. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) Emotional centers.
(b) Fetters of matter.
(d) State if disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
3. Freud says people are right saying that dreams have the ability to _____.
4. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
5. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)