|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
2. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(b) Rhyme schemes.
3. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) List of family characters.
(b) Dream plots.
(c) Sleep deprivation times.
(d) Narrative commentaries.
4. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
(b) Two dimensions.
5. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Internal organs.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Physical abuse.
(d) Food intake.
Short Answer Questions
1. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
4. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
5. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)