|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
(a) One month.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) One year.
2. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
(a) That they are meager.
(b) That they are equal.
(c) That they are superior.
(d) That they are continuous.
3. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) Mrs. E. L.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
4. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(b) Mythological references.
(c) Mental life.
5. Freud says that _____ believes what it wishes to believe in terms of dreams about foretelling the future.
(a) The mind.
(b) Folk psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
2. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
3. Dreams which express ______ desires constitute the larger number of dreams.
4. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)