|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) Physical health.
(b) Psychical life.
(c) Psychic awareness.
(d) State of living.
2. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
3. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) The butcher.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The baker.
(d) Her father.
4. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
5. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(a) Morbid dread.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
2. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
3. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
4. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
5. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)