|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (pp. 59-61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Real spiritual excitations.
(b) Common childhood fantasies.
(c) Past lives.
(d) Artistic expression.
2. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
3. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) At a table d'hote.
(b) On an over-sized armchair.
(c) Under an awning.
(d) On a sofa.
4. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
5. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
2. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
3. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
4. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
5. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)