|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
(c) Highly communicative.
2. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
(c) Letter writing.
3. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(c) Morbid dread.
4. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(b) Shock therapy.
(d) The scientific method.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
2. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
3. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
4. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)