|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As inconclusive.
(b) As intimate.
(c) As lacking motive.
(d) As detached.
2. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) Completely dominant.
(b) Very subordinate.
(c) To puzzle the dreamer.
(d) To instruct the dreamer.
3. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As instructional for the future.
(b) As friendly or hostile.
(c) As informative.
(d) As worthless.
4. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
5. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
(a) Unusual wording.
(b) Predictable plot.
(c) Depnedence on color.
(d) Dependence on action.
Short Answer Questions
1. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
3. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
4. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
5. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)