|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Deep consequences.
(b) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(c) Derogatory judgments.
(d) Accurate assumptions.
2. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
3. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their meaningless quality.
(b) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(c) Their connection with life of the day.
(d) Their connection with spirituality.
4. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(d) Morbid dread.
5. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is archetypal.
(b) It is clear.
(c) It is nonexistent.
(d) It is obscure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
2. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
3. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
4. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
5. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)