|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) The scientific method.
(c) Shock therapy.
2. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) State if disease.
(b) Emotional centers.
(d) Fetters of matter.
3. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(d) Sleep deprivation.
4. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
5. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On an over-sized armchair.
(b) On a sofa.
(c) Under an awning.
(d) At a table d'hote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
2. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
3. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
4. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
5. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)