|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
2. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) On his head.
(b) On his hand.
(c) On his knee.
(d) Over her face.
3. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(c) Father figures.
4. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A concentrated one.
(b) A hysterical one.
(c) A blank one.
(d) A misplaced on.
5. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
2. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
3. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
4. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
5. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)