|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
(c) Letter writing.
2. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Accurate assumptions.
(b) Deep consequences.
(c) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(d) Derogatory judgments.
3. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
4. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because she was sick.
(b) Because he was sick.
(c) Because she was hungry.
(d) Because it was late.
5. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
3. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
4. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
5. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)