|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
2. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) At a table d'hote.
(b) On a sofa.
(c) Under an awning.
(d) On an over-sized armchair.
3. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
(a) "Let me be!"
(b) "Never! Never!"
(c) "Nature! Nature!"
(d) "Hold my hand."
4. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Mental syntheses.
(b) Methods of survival.
(c) Types of dreaming.
(d) Functions of the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
2. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
3. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
4. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
5. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)