|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
(b) Somewhat delusional.
2. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A concentrated one.
(b) A blank one.
(c) A hysterical one.
(d) A misplaced on.
3. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
4. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As reproachful.
(b) As comical.
(c) As single-minded.
(d) As double-sided.
5. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
(a) Early childhood.
(c) Elementary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
2. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
3. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
4. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
5. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)