|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As detached.
(b) As intimate.
(c) As inconclusive.
(d) As lacking motive.
2. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
3. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Languid and controlled.
(b) Vivid and colorful.
(c) Varied and intense.
(d) Obscure and intricate.
4. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Methods of survival.
(b) Mental syntheses.
(c) Types of dreaming.
(d) Functions of the body.
5. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Having no importance.
(b) Being unimaginative.
(c) Having equal rights.
(d) Being mutually exclusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
2. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
3. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
4. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
5. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)