|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
2. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
3. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(b) Father figures.
4. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
5. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(a) Mental life.
(c) Mythological references.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
2. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
3. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
4. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
5. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)