|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(b) Their meaningless quality.
(c) Their connection with life of the day.
(d) Their connection with spirituality.
2. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) To her aunt's house.
(c) To a Swiss hotel.
(d) To a hospital.
3. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On an over-sized armchair.
(b) Under an awning.
(c) At a table d'hote.
(d) On a sofa.
4. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
5. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
(d) Letter writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
2. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
3. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
4. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)