|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
2. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
(a) Fame and fortune.
(b) Something for nothing.
(c) A day off.
(d) To be a bachelor.
3. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) Psychical life.
(b) Psychic awareness.
(c) Physical health.
(d) State of living.
4. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
5. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
2. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
3. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
4. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
5. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)