|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) At a table d'hote.
(b) On an over-sized armchair.
(c) Under an awning.
(d) On a sofa.
2. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
3. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As friendly or hostile.
(b) As instructional for the future.
(c) As informative.
(d) As worthless.
4. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with life of the day.
(b) Their meaningless quality.
(c) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(d) Their connection with spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
2. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
3. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
4. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
5. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)