|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Being mutually exclusive.
(b) Having no importance.
(c) Being unimaginative.
(d) Having equal rights.
2. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
(a) Depnedence on color.
(b) Predictable plot.
(c) Dependence on action.
(d) Unusual wording.
3. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(a) New Age.
4. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Varied and intense.
(b) Obscure and intricate.
(c) Vivid and colorful.
(d) Languid and controlled.
5. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
(d) Detailed correlation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
2. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
3. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
4. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
5. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)