|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To her aunt's house.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To a Swiss hotel.
(d) To her grandfather's house.
2. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
3. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Derogatory judgments.
(b) Deep consequences.
(c) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(d) Accurate assumptions.
4. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
5. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
(a) It is dominant.
(b) It is transposed.
(c) It is opposing itself.
(d) It is accurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
3. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
4. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
5. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)