|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
2. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) The swimming master.
(b) Freud's mother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The owner of the bath.
3. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Varied and intense.
(b) Languid and controlled.
(c) Vivid and colorful.
(d) Obscure and intricate.
4. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
(a) A day off.
(b) Fame and fortune.
(c) To be a bachelor.
(d) Something for nothing.
5. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As double-sided.
(b) As single-minded.
(c) As reproachful.
(d) As comical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
2. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
3. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
4. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)