|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(a) The Malocchio.
(c) Animal spirits.
(d) The plague.
2. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
3. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Internal organs.
(d) Food intake.
4. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(c) Mental life.
(d) Mythological references.
5. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
(a) Coercive element.
(b) Constant source of pain.
(c) General paralytic.
(d) Doer of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
4. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
5. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)