|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (pp. 39-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
2. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
3. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
(a) A day off.
(b) To be a bachelor.
(c) Something for nothing.
(d) Fame and fortune.
4. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To a Swiss hotel.
(d) To her aunt's house.
5. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
2. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
3. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
4. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
5. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)