|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(c) Father figures.
2. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
(a) An allusion.
(b) No relation.
(c) A caveat.
(d) Detail elements.
3. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
4. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because she was sick.
(b) Because he was sick.
(c) Because it was late.
(d) Because she was hungry.
5. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
2. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
3. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
4. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
5. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)