|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
3. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A concentrated one.
(b) A hysterical one.
(c) A blank one.
(d) A misplaced on.
4. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
5. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As single-minded.
(b) As comical.
(c) As double-sided.
(d) As reproachful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
2. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
3. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
4. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)