|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Methods of survival.
(b) Types of dreaming.
(c) Mental syntheses.
(d) Functions of the body.
3. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
4. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(c) Father figures.
5. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
2. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
4. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
5. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)