|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the waterfall.
(b) To the peak.
(c) To the farm.
(d) To the bear caves.
2. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(c) Father figures.
3. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) To instruct the dreamer.
(b) To puzzle the dreamer.
(c) Completely dominant.
(d) Very subordinate.
4. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On a sofa.
(b) On an over-sized armchair.
(c) Under an awning.
(d) At a table d'hote.
5. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(b) Electrically charged.
(c) Highly psychic.
(d) Devoid of intellect.
Short Answer Questions
1. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
2. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
3. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
4. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)