|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Dream Phantasies".
(b) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(c) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(d) "Cranial Progressions".
2. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
3. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
(a) A kiss.
(c) Access to her dowry.
(d) Undivided attention.
4. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(b) Sleep deprivation.
5. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
2. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
3. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
4. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
5. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)