|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Accurate assumptions.
(b) Derogatory judgments.
(c) Deep consequences.
(d) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
2. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
3. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
4. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Internal organs.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Food intake.
5. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Whooping cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
2. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
3. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
4. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
5. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)