|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Sent applications.
(b) Owed money.
(c) Sent money.
(d) Written query letters.
2. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(a) Father figures.
3. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) Very subordinate.
(b) To instruct the dreamer.
(c) To puzzle the dreamer.
(d) Completely dominant.
4. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As detached.
(b) As inconclusive.
(c) As intimate.
(d) As lacking motive.
5. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) His marriage to his wife.
(b) His beautiful eyes.
(c) Her finances.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
2. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
3. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
5. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)