|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As intimate.
(b) As detached.
(c) As lacking motive.
(d) As inconclusive.
2. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
(a) A Know-it-All.
(b) Mary Quite Contrary.
(c) Little Miss Muffet.
(d) Miss Little-Would-be-Big.
3. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A hysterical one.
(b) A concentrated one.
(c) A blank one.
(d) A misplaced on.
4. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
5. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
2. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
3. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
4. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
5. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)