|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
2. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
(a) No relation.
(b) A caveat.
(c) An allusion.
(d) Detail elements.
3. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(d) Morbid dread.
4. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
5. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the farm.
(b) To the bear caves.
(c) To the waterfall.
(d) To the peak.
Short Answer Questions
1. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
2. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
3. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
4. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
5. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)