|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Dream Phantasies".
(b) "Cranial Progressions".
(c) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(d) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
2. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) State if disease.
(c) Emotional centers.
(d) Fetters of matter.
3. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(d) Father figures.
4. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because she was sick.
(b) Because he was sick.
(c) Because she was hungry.
(d) Because it was late.
5. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
2. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
3. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
4. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
5. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)