|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As worthless.
(b) As instructional for the future.
(c) As friendly or hostile.
(d) As informative.
3. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
(a) It is opposing itself.
(b) It is dominant.
(c) It is transposed.
(d) It is accurate.
4. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) The scientific method.
(b) Shock therapy.
5. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As reproachful.
(b) As double-sided.
(c) As single-minded.
(d) As comical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
2. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
3. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
4. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
5. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)