|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
2. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Owed money.
(b) Sent money.
(c) Written query letters.
(d) Sent applications.
3. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is archetypal.
(b) It is nonexistent.
(c) It is clear.
(d) It is obscure.
4. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Internal organs.
5. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Accurate assumptions.
(b) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(c) Deep consequences.
(d) Derogatory judgments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
2. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
3. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
4. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
5. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)