|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
(a) Somewhat delusional.
2. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
(a) A velvet rope.
(b) A ceramic cat.
(c) A green coat.
(d) A glass top hat.
3. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
4. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
(a) Access to her dowry.
(b) A kiss.
(c) Undivided attention.
5. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the farm.
(b) To the waterfall.
(c) To the peak.
(d) To the bear caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
2. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
3. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
4. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
5. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)