|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) Psychical life.
(b) Psychic awareness.
(c) Physical health.
(d) State of living.
2. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
(d) A source of pride.
3. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
4. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
(a) A caveat.
(b) An allusion.
(c) Detail elements.
(d) No relation.
5. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
2. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
3. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
4. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
5. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)