|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) Sleep deprivation times.
(b) Dream plots.
(c) List of family characters.
(d) Narrative commentaries.
2. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(b) Sleep deprivation.
3. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
4. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their meaningless quality.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their connection with life of the day.
(d) Their multi-faceted views on life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
4. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
5. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)