|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(a) Devoid of intellect.
(b) Electrically charged.
(c) Highly psychic.
3. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with spirituality.
(b) Their meaningless quality.
(c) Their connection with life of the day.
(d) Their multi-faceted views on life.
4. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
5. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
2. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
3. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
5. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)