|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
2. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(a) Rhyme schemes.
3. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
(a) A glass top hat.
(b) A velvet rope.
(c) A green coat.
(d) A ceramic cat.
4. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) The scientific method.
5. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
(a) Mary Quite Contrary.
(b) Little Miss Muffet.
(c) A Know-it-All.
(d) Miss Little-Would-be-Big.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
2. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
3. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
4. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
5. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)