|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pp. 33-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
2. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
3. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) To a Swiss hotel.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To her aunt's house.
4. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Is completely useless.
(b) Has mystical implications.
(c) Deserves close study.
(d) Should be ignored initially.
5. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
2. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
3. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
4. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
5. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)