|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because she was sick.
(b) Because it was late.
(c) Because he was sick.
(d) Because she was hungry.
2. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
3. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
4. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As intimate.
(b) As inconclusive.
(c) As lacking motive.
(d) As detached.
5. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) To a Swiss hotel.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To her aunt's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
2. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
4. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
5. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)