|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) Dream plots.
(b) Narrative commentaries.
(c) Sleep deprivation times.
(d) List of family characters.
3. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To her aunt's house.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To a Swiss hotel.
(d) To her grandfather's house.
4. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
5. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A hysterical one.
(b) A blank one.
(c) A misplaced on.
(d) A concentrated one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
2. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
3. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
4. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
5. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)