|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) Pancakes and confit.
(c) Squash blossoms.
2. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because it was late.
(b) Because she was hungry.
(c) Because she was sick.
(d) Because he was sick.
3. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As detached.
(b) As lacking motive.
(c) As inconclusive.
(d) As intimate.
4. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(b) Mythological references.
(c) Mental life.
5. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
3. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
4. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
5. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)