|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
2. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(b) Completely reversing the order of.
(d) Complaining about life in.
3. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(a) Electrically charged.
(b) Devoid of intellect.
(c) Highly psychic.
4. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
5. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) Over her face.
(b) On his knee.
(c) On his head.
(d) On his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
3. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
4. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
5. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)