|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
2. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Drug use.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Internal organs.
(d) Physical abuse.
3. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) Squash blossoms.
(c) Pancakes and confit.
4. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
5. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To a Swiss hotel.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To her grandfather's house.
(d) To her aunt's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
2. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
3. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
4. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
5. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)