|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As lacking motive.
(b) As detached.
(c) As intimate.
(d) As inconclusive.
2. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Written query letters.
(b) Owed money.
(c) Sent money.
(d) Sent applications.
3. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
4. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
5. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Functions of the body.
(b) Mental syntheses.
(c) Methods of survival.
(d) Types of dreaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
2. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
3. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
4. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)