|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(b) Their connection with life of the day.
(c) Their meaningless quality.
(d) Their connection with spirituality.
2. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Internal organs.
(d) Drug use.
3. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
(a) To a Swiss hotel.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To her grandfather's house.
(d) To her aunt's house.
4. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) Over her face.
(b) On his hand.
(c) On his knee.
(d) On his head.
5. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As inconclusive.
(b) As intimate.
(c) As detached.
(d) As lacking motive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
2. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
4. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
5. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)