|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(a) New Age.
2. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(a) Animal spirits.
(b) The plague.
(d) The Malocchio.
3. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
4. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their meaningless quality.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(d) Their connection with life of the day.
5. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) List of family characters.
(b) Dream plots.
(c) Sleep deprivation times.
(d) Narrative commentaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
2. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
4. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
5. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)