|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with life of the day.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their meaningless quality.
(d) Their multi-faceted views on life.
3. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
4. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
5. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(a) New Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
2. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
3. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
4. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
5. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)