|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
2. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(a) Highly psychic.
(b) Electrically charged.
(d) Devoid of intellect.
3. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Methods of survival.
(b) Mental syntheses.
(c) Types of dreaming.
(d) Functions of the body.
4. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the peak.
(b) To the farm.
(c) To the waterfall.
(d) To the bear caves.
5. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On a sofa.
(b) Under an awning.
(c) At a table d'hote.
(d) On an over-sized armchair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
2. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
3. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
4. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)