|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
2. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A concentrated one.
(b) A misplaced on.
(c) A hysterical one.
(d) A blank one.
3. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Past lives.
(b) Real spiritual excitations.
(c) Artistic expression.
(d) Common childhood fantasies.
4. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
5. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the farm.
(b) To the peak.
(c) To the bear caves.
(d) To the waterfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
2. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
4. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
5. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)