|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) On his head.
(b) Over her face.
(c) On his knee.
(d) On his hand.
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(d) Decision-making process.
4. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
2. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
3. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
4. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
5. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)