|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because it was late.
(b) Because she was sick.
(c) Because he was sick.
(d) Because she was hungry.
3. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(a) Mythological references.
(b) Mental life.
4. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their meaningless quality.
(b) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(c) Their connection with spirituality.
(d) Their connection with life of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
2. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
4. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
5. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)