|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(b) The scientific method.
(c) Shock therapy.
2. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(a) The Malocchio.
(c) The plague.
(d) Animal spirits.
3. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As detached.
(b) As inconclusive.
(c) As lacking motive.
(d) As intimate.
4. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
5. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Written query letters.
(b) Sent money.
(c) Sent applications.
(d) Owed money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
2. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
3. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
4. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
5. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)