|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A concentrated one.
(b) A blank one.
(c) A misplaced on.
(d) A hysterical one.
2. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
3. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Functions of the body.
(b) Methods of survival.
(c) Types of dreaming.
(d) Mental syntheses.
4. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
5. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
2. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
3. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
4. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)