|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) The scientific method.
(b) Shock therapy.
4. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their meaningless quality.
(d) Their connection with life of the day.
5. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
(c) Somewhat delusional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
2. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
3. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
4. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
5. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)