|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) Sleep deprivation times.
(b) List of family characters.
(c) Dream plots.
(d) Narrative commentaries.
2. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(a) Completely reversing the order of.
(d) Complaining about life in.
3. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As intimate.
(b) As detached.
(c) As lacking motive.
(d) As inconclusive.
4. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
5. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
(a) Mary Quite Contrary.
(b) Miss Little-Would-be-Big.
(c) A Know-it-All.
(d) Little Miss Muffet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
2. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
3. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
4. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
5. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)