|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(c) Decision-making process.
2. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
(b) Devoid of intellect.
(c) Electrically charged.
(d) Highly psychic.
3. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As comical.
(b) As double-sided.
(c) As reproachful.
(d) As single-minded.
4. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) The scientific method.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
2. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
4. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
5. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)