|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
2. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) His beautiful eyes.
(b) The weather.
(c) His marriage to his wife.
(d) Her finances.
3. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
4. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Common childhood fantasies.
(b) Past lives.
(c) Artistic expression.
(d) Real spiritual excitations.
5. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(d) Decision-making process.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
2. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
3. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
4. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)