|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On a sofa.
(b) At a table d'hote.
(c) On an over-sized armchair.
(d) Under an awning.
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Methods of survival.
(b) Mental syntheses.
(c) Functions of the body.
(d) Types of dreaming.
4. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) Shock therapy.
(d) The scientific method.
5. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(d) New Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
2. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
3. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
4. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
5. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)