|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
2. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Common childhood fantasies.
(b) Past lives.
(c) Real spiritual excitations.
(d) Artistic expression.
3. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
4. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(c) Completely reversing the order of.
(d) Complaining about life in.
5. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
2. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
4. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
5. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)