|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(a) New Age.
2. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A misplaced on.
(b) A concentrated one.
(c) A hysterical one.
(d) A blank one.
3. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(b) Pancakes and confit.
(c) Squash blossoms.
4. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) On his knee.
(b) On his hand.
(c) On his head.
(d) Over her face.
5. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
2. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
3. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
4. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
5. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)