|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
2. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(b) Sleep deprivation.
3. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Artistic expression.
(b) Common childhood fantasies.
(c) Real spiritual excitations.
(d) Past lives.
4. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
2. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
3. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
4. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
5. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)