|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Food intake.
(b) Internal organs.
(c) Physical abuse.
(d) Drug use.
2. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(b) The scientific method.
(c) Shock therapy.
3. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
4. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
2. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
4. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
5. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)