|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Real spiritual excitations.
(b) Common childhood fantasies.
(c) Past lives.
(d) Artistic expression.
4. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) On his knee.
(b) Over her face.
(c) On his hand.
(d) On his head.
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
2. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
3. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
4. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
5. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)