|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(b) The scientific method.
(c) Shock therapy.
2. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
(d) Somewhat delusional.
3. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(d) Decision-making process.
4. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) Squash blossoms.
(d) Pancakes and confit.
5. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
3. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
4. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
5. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)