|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
2. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(c) New Age.
3. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
4. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
5. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(b) Complaining about life in.
(d) Completely reversing the order of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
4. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
5. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)