|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A hysterical one.
(b) A concentrated one.
(c) A blank one.
(d) A misplaced on.
2. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(a) Animal spirits.
(c) The plague.
(d) The Malocchio.
3. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On an over-sized armchair.
(b) Under an awning.
(c) At a table d'hote.
(d) On a sofa.
4. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
5. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Mental syntheses.
(b) Methods of survival.
(c) Types of dreaming.
(d) Functions of the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
2. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
3. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
4. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
5. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)