|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
2. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Internal organs.
(b) Physical abuse.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Food intake.
3. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(b) New Age.
4. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
5. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
2. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
4. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
5. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)