|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) On his knee.
(b) On his hand.
(c) Over her face.
(d) On his head.
3. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) The scientific method.
(d) Shock therapy.
4. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
(c) Somewhat delusional.
5. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
2. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
3. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
4. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
5. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)