|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As single-minded.
(b) As comical.
(c) As reproachful.
(d) As double-sided.
2. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
3. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(a) The plague.
(c) Animal spirits.
(d) The Malocchio.
4. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
5. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(c) Decision-making process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
3. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
4. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
5. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)