|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Dream Phantasies".
(b) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(c) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(d) "Cranial Progressions".
2. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) His marriage to his wife.
(b) The weather.
(c) His beautiful eyes.
(d) Her finances.
3. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(a) Completely reversing the order of.
(b) Complaining about life in.
4. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(b) Emotional centers.
(c) State if disease.
(d) Fetters of matter.
5. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Drug use.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Internal organs.
(d) Physical abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
2. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
3. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
4. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
5. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)