|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As worthless.
(b) As friendly or hostile.
(c) As informative.
(d) As instructional for the future.
2. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) Physical health.
(b) Psychical life.
(c) Psychic awareness.
(d) State of living.
3. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
4. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(a) Morbid dread.
5. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
3. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
4. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
5. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)