|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(b) Sleep deprivation.
2. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A blank one.
(b) A concentrated one.
(c) A hysterical one.
(d) A misplaced on.
3. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Food intake.
(b) Internal organs.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Physical abuse.
4. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
5. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
Short Answer Questions
1. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
2. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
3. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)