|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As reproachful.
(b) As comical.
(c) As single-minded.
(d) As double-sided.
2. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) The weather.
(b) Her finances.
(c) His beautiful eyes.
(d) His marriage to his wife.
3. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A concentrated one.
(b) A blank one.
(c) A misplaced on.
(d) A hysterical one.
4. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Owed money.
(b) Written query letters.
(c) Sent money.
(d) Sent applications.
5. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(b) Complaining about life in.
(c) Completely reversing the order of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
2. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
3. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
4. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
5. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)