|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) Over her face.
(b) On his hand.
(c) On his head.
(d) On his knee.
2. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
4. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A hysterical one.
(b) A misplaced on.
(c) A concentrated one.
(d) A blank one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
2. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
4. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
5. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)