|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) Psychic awareness.
(b) State of living.
(c) Physical health.
(d) Psychical life.
2. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(a) Morbid dread.
3. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
4. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) Fetters of matter.
(b) Emotional centers.
(d) State if disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
2. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
3. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
4. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)