|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
2. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
3. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
4. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) The scientific method.
(d) Shock therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
2. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
3. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
5. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)