|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
3. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(b) State if disease.
(c) Emotional centers.
(d) Fetters of matter.
4. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Internal organs.
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) Shock therapy.
(d) The scientific method.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
2. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
3. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
4. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
5. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)