|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
(d) Somewhat delusional.
2. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
(d) Sleep deprivation.
3. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) The weather.
(b) Her finances.
(c) His beautiful eyes.
(d) His marriage to his wife.
5. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) The scientific method.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
3. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
4. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
5. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)