|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
(a) Over her face.
(b) On his hand.
(c) On his knee.
(d) On his head.
2. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) Emotional centers.
(b) State if disease.
(c) Fetters of matter.
3. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) Physical health.
(b) State of living.
(c) Psychic awareness.
(d) Psychical life.
4. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
2. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
3. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
4. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
5. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)