|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
(a) Artistic expression.
(b) Past lives.
(c) Common childhood fantasies.
(d) Real spiritual excitations.
2. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
3. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(b) Squash blossoms.
(c) Pancakes and confit.
4. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
5. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
2. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
3. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
4. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
5. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)