|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
2. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Sent money.
(b) Written query letters.
(c) Owed money.
(d) Sent applications.
3. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
4. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) His beautiful eyes.
(b) Her finances.
(c) The weather.
(d) His marriage to his wife.
5. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the downfall of mythological hypothesis in dreams, Freud writes that interpretation of the dream has been _____.
2. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
3. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
4. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
5. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)