|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Freud say that medical writers attribute accidental occurrences that influence dreams come from?
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Internal organs.
(d) Food intake.
2. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Written query letters.
(b) Sent applications.
(c) Owed money.
(d) Sent money.
3. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
4. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Types of dreaming.
(b) Mental syntheses.
(c) Functions of the body.
(d) Methods of survival.
5. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As single-minded.
(b) As comical.
(c) As double-sided.
(d) As reproachful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
2. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
3. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
4. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)