|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pp. 18 - 25).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their meaningless quality.
(b) Their connection with spirituality.
(c) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(d) Their connection with life of the day.
3. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
(a) Little Miss Muffet.
(b) Mary Quite Contrary.
(c) Miss Little-Would-be-Big.
(d) A Know-it-All.
4. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(b) "Dream Phantasies".
(c) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(d) "Cranial Progressions".
5. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
2. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
4. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
5. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)