|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pp. 8-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(a) Completely reversing the order of.
(c) Complaining about life in.
2. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
3. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Written query letters.
(b) Sent applications.
(c) Sent money.
(d) Owed money.
4. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) State if disease.
(b) Fetters of matter.
(c) Emotional centers.
5. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A misplaced on.
(b) A blank one.
(c) A concentrated one.
(d) A hysterical one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
2. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
3. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
4. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
5. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)