|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) A colleague.
(b) A clergy member.
(c) An ex-girlfriend.
(d) A family member.
2. What is the job of Burdach?
3. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is archetypal.
(b) It is nonexistent.
(c) It is clear.
(d) It is obscure.
4. Freud says people are right saying that dreams have the ability to _____.
(a) Obfuscate the present.
(b) Release reality.
(c) Foretell the future.
(d) Erase the past.
5. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
2. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
3. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
4. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
5. Freud categorizes the woman's dream about the funeral as one of _____.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)