|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) Under an awning.
(b) At a table d'hote.
(c) On an over-sized armchair.
(d) On a sofa.
2. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) Cessation of the mill.
(b) His ill wife.
(c) The approach of horses.
(d) His tired baby.
3. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the peak.
(b) To the waterfall.
(c) To the bear caves.
(d) To the farm.
4. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
5. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
(a) The least favorable.
(b) The most innocuous.
(c) The most crass.
(d) The oldest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
2. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
3. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
4. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
5. What does the boy in Baldwin Groller's tale want?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)