|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
(a) Dependence on action.
(b) Unusual wording.
(c) Predictable plot.
(d) Depnedence on color.
2. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A schedule of events.
(b) A dream chaser.
(c) Another kiss.
(d) A trip to the zoo.
3. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
4. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
5. The dream's independence of _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
3. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
4. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
5. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)