|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
2. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
(a) Doer of evil.
(b) General paralytic.
(c) Constant source of pain.
(d) Coercive element.
3. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) To puzzle the dreamer.
(b) Very subordinate.
(c) To instruct the dreamer.
(d) Completely dominant.
4. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
5. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
(a) A day off.
(b) Fame and fortune.
(c) To be a bachelor.
(d) Something for nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
2. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
3. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
4. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
5. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)