|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
(a) It is transposed.
(b) It is opposing itself.
(c) It is dominant.
(d) It is accurate.
2. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
3. What is the miller awakened by, according to Burdach?
(a) Cessation of the mill.
(b) The approach of horses.
(c) His ill wife.
(d) His tired baby.
4. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
5. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
(a) Elementary school.
(b) Early childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
2. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
3. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
4. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)