|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On an over-sized armchair.
(b) Under an awning.
(c) At a table d'hote.
(d) On a sofa.
3. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
4. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with life of the day.
(b) Their meaningless quality.
(c) Their connection with spirituality.
(d) Their multi-faceted views on life.
5. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
2. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
3. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
4. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
5. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)