|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Attitude of family members.
(d) Obscurity of dream content.
2. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
3. The day of the dream, the woman had taken a ticket to a/an _____ by the man she loved.
(a) Art show.
4. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Owed money.
(b) Sent money.
(c) Written query letters.
(d) Sent applications.
5. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Dream Phantasies".
(b) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(c) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(d) "Cranial Progressions".
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
2. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
3. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
4. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
5. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)