|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
2. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Is completely useless.
(b) Deserves close study.
(c) Should be ignored initially.
(d) Has mystical implications.
3. The ego is mainly concerned with _____.
(a) The continuance of sleep.
(b) The awakening of the dreamer.
(c) The organization of dream material.
(d) The preservation of the body.
4. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) A clergy member.
(b) An ex-girlfriend.
(c) A colleague.
(d) A family member.
5. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
3. Definite dreams with a painful content are used by some to prove the _____ of dreams.
4. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
5. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)