|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. What does a child want when being put to sleep by his mother?
(a) A dream chaser.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) A schedule of events.
(d) Another kiss.
4. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(b) "Cranial Progressions".
(c) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(d) "Dream Phantasies".
5. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
2. The second class of dreams is a _____ realization of repressed desires.
3. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
4. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)