|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
(a) No relation.
(b) An allusion.
(c) Detail elements.
(d) A caveat.
2. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
3. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Is completely useless.
(b) Should be ignored initially.
(c) Has mystical implications.
(d) Deserves close study.
4. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
(a) A Know-it-All.
(b) Miss Little-Would-be-Big.
(c) Little Miss Muffet.
(d) Mary Quite Contrary.
5. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) His wife.
(b) Mrs. E. L.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
2. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
3. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
4. What other phrase does Freud use for the state of repression?
5. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)