|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(a) Gold coins.
(c) Car keys.
(d) Undivided attention.
2. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As detached.
(b) As inconclusive.
(c) As intimate.
(d) As lacking motive.
3. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) The swimming master.
(b) The owner of the bath.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Freud's mother.
4. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
(a) Psychical life.
(b) Physical health.
(c) State of living.
(d) Psychic awareness.
5. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
(c) A source of pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
2. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
3. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
4. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
5. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)