|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Dream Phantasies".
(b) "Cranial Progressions".
(c) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(d) "Fascinations of the Mind".
2. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Mental syntheses.
(b) Functions of the body.
(c) Types of dreaming.
(d) Methods of survival.
3. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
(b) A source of pride.
4. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(b) Morbid dread.
5. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
2. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
3. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
4. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
5. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)