|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
2. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
(a) Completely reversing the order of.
(d) Complaining about life in.
3. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(d) Rhyme schemes.
4. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
5. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
Short Answer Questions
1. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
2. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
3. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
4. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
5. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)