|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
2. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
3. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
(a) A velvet rope.
(b) A glass top hat.
(c) A green coat.
(d) A ceramic cat.
4. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
(a) A Know-it-All.
(b) Little Miss Muffet.
(c) Miss Little-Would-be-Big.
(d) Mary Quite Contrary.
5. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
2. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
3. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
4. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
5. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)