|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with spirituality.
(b) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(c) Their connection with life of the day.
(d) Their meaningless quality.
2. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Car keys.
(d) Undivided attention.
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
(a) Her finances.
(b) His beautiful eyes.
(c) The weather.
(d) His marriage to his wife.
4. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
2. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
3. The relation of the dreamer's _____ when he is awake is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
5. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)