|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As single-minded.
(b) As comical.
(c) As reproachful.
(d) As double-sided.
2. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
3. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
4. The condition of the dream's _____ is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
5. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(a) New Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
2. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
3. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
4. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
5. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)