|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
2. Freud states that rigid-minded people say that dreams are but _____.
3. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
4. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(b) Mythological references.
(c) Mental life.
5. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
4. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
5. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)