|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(d) Rhyme schemes.
2. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
(a) "Fascinations of the Mind".
(b) "Frontal Lobe and Dreams".
(c) "Dream Phantasies".
(d) "Cranial Progressions".
3. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(a) Mythological references.
(c) Mental life.
4. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
5. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
2. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
3. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
4. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
5. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)