|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
2. Schubert saw dreams as a detachment of the soul from the _____.
(a) Fetters of matter.
(b) State if disease.
(d) Emotional centers.
3. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
4. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
5. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud sees philosophers as _____ dreams.
2. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
3. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
4. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
5. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)