|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(d) Decision-making process.
2. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
3. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the waterfall.
(b) To the farm.
(c) To the bear caves.
(d) To the peak.
4. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Is completely useless.
(b) Deserves close study.
(c) Has mystical implications.
(d) Should be ignored initially.
5. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because it was late.
(b) Because he was sick.
(c) Because she was sick.
(d) Because she was hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The incongruence between a dream's _____ and the feelings they engender is a problem in the study of dreams that Freud feels needs addressing.
2. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
3. Freud says that many philosophers maintain that dreams have their origin in _____.
4. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)