|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
2. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Should be ignored initially.
(b) Is completely useless.
(c) Deserves close study.
(d) Has mystical implications.
3. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
4. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
(a) Narrative commentaries.
(b) List of family characters.
(c) Sleep deprivation times.
(d) Dream plots.
5. One medical writer characterizes dreams as a physical process that is always useless and frequently _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. E.L. put her hand in Freud's dream?
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
4. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)