|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
2. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
3. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(b) Morbid dread.
4. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
5. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
Short Answer Questions
1. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
2. Which medical writer does Freud quote when he speaks of the medical views of his time on the nature of dreams?
3. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
4. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)