|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(c) Rhyme schemes.
2. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
3. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
4. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
5. With the rise of scientific thought, expressive mythology was transferred to _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
2. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
3. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
4. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)