|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
(a) The Grecian Bathers.
(b) The Surprise in the Bath.
(c) The Art of the Swim.
(d) Afternoon at the Baths.
2. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As detached.
(b) As lacking motive.
(c) As intimate.
(d) As inconclusive.
3. How does Freud characterize the question as to the meaning of the dream?
(a) As single-minded.
(b) As comical.
(c) As reproachful.
(d) As double-sided.
4. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
5. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(c) Morbid dread.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
2. What does Freud say that the popular view of the interpretation of dreams is grounded in?
3. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
4. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
5. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)