|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Owed money.
(b) Sent applications.
(c) Written query letters.
(d) Sent money.
2. How does Freud say that dreams were regarded by pre-scientific people upon wakening in terms of manifestation of higher powers?
(a) As friendly or hostile.
(b) As instructional for the future.
(c) As informative.
(d) As worthless.
3. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
(b) Animal spirits.
(c) The plague.
(d) The Malocchio.
4. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
5. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
2. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
3. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
4. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
5. Freud's mindset in the dream of Mrs. E. L. is that he would like _____.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)