|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pp. 26-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(a) Father figures.
3. Freud asks the question, can sense be made of each single dream as of other_____?
(a) Mental syntheses.
(b) Functions of the body.
(c) Methods of survival.
(d) Types of dreaming.
4. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
5. What elements of the brain does Freud feel the medical writers narrowly attribute the nature of dreams to?
Short Answer Questions
1. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
2. Which piece of writing by Scherner and Volkelt does Freud give credit to in terms of his opinion on the ideas that philosophers of his time have on dreams?
3. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
4. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
5. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)