Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 (pp. 65-69).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
2. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Languid and controlled.
(b) Vivid and colorful.
(c) Varied and intense.
(d) Obscure and intricate.
3. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
(d) Highly communicative.
4. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(d) Father figures.
5. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(b) Dream distortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
2. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
3. Where repression exists without concealment, the dream is brought to an end by a feeling of _____.
4. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
5. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)