|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
2. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) Very subordinate.
(b) To puzzle the dreamer.
(c) Completely dominant.
(d) To instruct the dreamer.
3. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
4. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
5. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
(d) Two dimensions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
2. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
3. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
4. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
5. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)