|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say did not accompany any aspect of the dream process in regards to his dream of Mrs. E.L.?
2. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
3. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is obscure.
(b) It is nonexistent.
(c) It is clear.
(d) It is archetypal.
4. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
(b) Early childhood.
(c) Elementary school.
5. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
2. Condensation and _____ do not wholly account for the difference between dream contents and dream thoughts.
3. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
4. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
5. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)