|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As inconclusive.
(b) As lacking motive.
(c) As detached.
(d) As intimate.
2. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Obscurity of dream content.
(c) Food intake.
(d) Attitude of family members.
3. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) Squash blossoms.
(b) Pancakes and confit.
4. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Is completely useless.
(b) Should be ignored initially.
(c) Deserves close study.
(d) Has mystical implications.
5. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is nonexistent.
(b) It is obscure.
(c) It is archetypal.
(d) It is clear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud has a dream about an injection of _____.
2. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
3. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
4. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
5. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)