|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(a) Father figures.
2. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
3. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Food intake.
(b) Obscurity of dream content.
(c) Attitude of family members.
(d) Physical abuse.
4. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) His mother.
(b) Mrs. E. L.
(c) His wife.
5. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
(a) That they are meager.
(b) That they are superior.
(c) That they are equal.
(d) That they are continuous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
2. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
3. What does Mrs. E.L. comment on in Freud's dream?
4. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
5. The _____ are longer in the third category of dreams.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)