|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud deeply wishes that his affection required no _____.
2. Why did the father of the girl of six cut her trip short?
(a) Because she was sick.
(b) Because it was late.
(c) Because she was hungry.
(d) Because he was sick.
3. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Written query letters.
(b) Sent applications.
(c) Sent money.
(d) Owed money.
4. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
(a) That they are equal.
(b) That they are meager.
(c) That they are superior.
(d) That they are continuous.
5. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
(c) Detailed correlation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
3. What sort of trip did the three-and-a-half-year-old girl go on?
4. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
5. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)