|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
2. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
(a) To puzzle the dreamer.
(b) Completely dominant.
(c) To instruct the dreamer.
(d) Very subordinate.
3. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) A colleague.
(b) An ex-girlfriend.
(c) A clergy member.
(d) A family member.
4. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
5. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(b) Dream distortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
2. What was the antique shawl that Freud gave one of his friends a charm against?
3. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
4. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
5. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)