|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud sees it as impossible not to recognize a causal relationship between _____ and the state of repression.
(a) Obscurity of dream content.
(b) Physical abuse.
(c) Attitude of family members.
(d) Food intake.
2. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(b) Shock therapy.
(c) The scientific method.
3. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(c) Mental life.
(d) Mythological references.
4. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
5. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As lacking motive.
(b) As intimate.
(c) As detached.
(d) As inconclusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
2. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
3. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
4. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
5. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)