|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Displacement is in the nature of a _____.
2. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Derogatory judgments.
(b) Accurate assumptions.
(c) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(d) Deep consequences.
3. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is clear.
(b) It is nonexistent.
(c) It is obscure.
(d) It is archetypal.
4. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) Mrs. E. L.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
5. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
Short Answer Questions
1. The injection dream reminds Freud of his first visit to _____.
2. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
3. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
4. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
5. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)