|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of health resort was Freud at with his wife before the dream of Mrs. E. L.?
(d) New Age.
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their meaningless quality.
(b) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(c) Their connection with spirituality.
(d) Their connection with life of the day.
3. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(c) Morbid dread.
4. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
(a) That they are continuous.
(b) That they are meager.
(c) That they are superior.
(d) That they are equal.
5. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
2. The painter in Freud's example groups all poets together for his painting of _____.
3. How do some of Freud's secret thoughts in dreams appear to him?
4. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
5. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)