|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
(a) Having no importance.
(b) Being unimaginative.
(c) Having equal rights.
(d) Being mutually exclusive.
2. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
(a) Her past abuse patterns
(b) Her changing appearance.
(c) Her intellectual abilities.
(d) Her symptoms.
3. This type of content is gleaned from dream material after analysis?
4. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
5. What word does Freud use to describe his feelings toward the large disbursement of money he gives to his family member?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
2. What is the state of the psychical intensity of the dream in the relation to its sensory vividness?
3. What does Freud say impairs a patient's ability to impart ideas about his obsessions?
4. What is the role of the essential content which stands out clearly and broadly in the dream after analysis?
5. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)