|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the food that the twenty-two-month-old boy was supposed to give to his uncle?
2. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
(a) An allusion.
(b) No relation.
(c) Detail elements.
(d) A caveat.
3. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
(a) Mrs. E. L.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
4. What does Freud say of the dream's means of expression versus those of the imagination?
(a) That they are meager.
(b) That they are continuous.
(c) That they are superior.
(d) That they are equal.
5. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(b) Father figures.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
2. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
3. Freud labels displacement as purely _____.
4. What leads to the same conclusion concerning the lady in the theater dream?
5. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)