|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
2. What is the nature of the element that Freud decides is the most direct offspring of the principal dream thought?
(a) It is obscure.
(b) It is nonexistent.
(c) It is clear.
(d) It is archetypal.
3. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(b) Dream distortion.
4. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
(d) Two dimensions.
5. The table d'hote contains _____ to the free ride in the cab.
(a) An allusion.
(b) A caveat.
(c) Detail elements.
(d) No relation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl go to stay who has the dream about the bed?
2. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
3. What is served in Freud's dream of Mrs. E.L.?
4. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
5. What illness does the girl that has the dream about the bed have?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)