|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
(a) As detached.
(b) As inconclusive.
(c) As intimate.
(d) As lacking motive.
2. What is the name of the new investigative tool that Freud uses to interpret dreams?
(a) The scientific method.
(d) Shock therapy.
3. Mrs. E.L. was the daughter of a man to whom Freud _____.
(a) Sent money.
(b) Sent applications.
(c) Owed money.
(d) Written query letters.
4. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
(c) Detailed correlation.
5. The first dream thoughts which are unraveled by analysis are striking because of their _____.
(a) Predictable plot.
(b) Unusual wording.
(c) Dependence on action.
(d) Depnedence on color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
2. What sort of associations does Freud say disturb our thoughts?
3. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
4. What type of reminiscences are typical of dreams?
5. What was painted on the antique shawl Freud gave to one of his friends?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)