|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor assure a patient he is working with that is not a possible state of mind to be in?
(a) A blank one.
(b) A concentrated one.
(c) A misplaced on.
(d) A hysterical one.
2. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
(d) Highly communicative.
3. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
4. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
(a) Possible tenets of his philosophy.
(b) Accurate assumptions.
(c) Derogatory judgments.
(d) Deep consequences.
5. What was the food that the nineteen-month-old girl got sick on?
Short Answer Questions
1. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
2. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
3. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
4. What does the patient whose sister has come to Freud for help say over and over?
5. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)