|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third group of dreams is categorized as _____.
2. Who owes Freud a large sum of money that he relates to the dream of Mrs. E.L.?
(a) An ex-girlfriend.
(b) A clergy member.
(c) A colleague.
(d) A family member.
3. The ego of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream is represented as a _____.
(a) Coercive element.
(b) General paralytic.
(c) Doer of evil.
(d) Constant source of pain.
4. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
(a) On a sofa.
(b) On an over-sized armchair.
(c) At a table d'hote.
(d) Under an awning.
5. Dream displacement is designated as the _____ of psychical values.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
2. What kind of thought can provoke the liveliest opposition in Freud?
3. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
4. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
5. What does Freud call the girl that has the dream about the bed?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)