|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the boy in the Dachstein trip refuse to go?
(a) To the peak.
(b) To the waterfall.
(c) To the farm.
(d) To the bear caves.
2. The dream of Freud's own about Mrs. E.L. appears confusing and meaningless to Freud's _____.
(b) Decision-making process.
3. Who attacks the writings of Mr. M--- in Freud's dream?
4. The more _____ the dream is, the greater is the part to be attributed the impetus of displacement in its formation.
(a) Vivid and colorful.
(b) Languid and controlled.
(c) Varied and intense.
(d) Obscure and intricate.
5. The second group of dreams poses the problem of being unable to reconcile their meaning with _____.
(c) Mental life.
(d) Mythological references.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
2. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
3. The presentation of causal connections between two ideas is often reversed, beginning with deduction and ending in _____.
4. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
5. Freud states openly that there are certain thoughts Freud has about his dream of Mrs. E. L. that he doesn't want _____ to know.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)