|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mental ailment does Freud give as an example to illustrate his techniques for dream analysis?
(c) Morbid dread.
2. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
3. Freud tells the reader to conceive of a politician's address in _____ to understand the process that takes place in converting events into dreams.
(b) Two dimensions.
4. Thoughts are repressed because they cannot become _____ to the dreamer initially.
5. _____ is the deed of the dream work.
(a) Dream distortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chief idea of the dream of Mrs. E. L. is the desire to enjoy a love that is _____.
2. What is the likely result of selective interweaving of the elements of a dream during the condensation process?
3. In Freud's estimation, the dream about Mrs. E.L. is used as an example because it has the advantage of _____.
4. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
5. The first category of dreams is classified as _____.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)