Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pp. 55-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Freud, conversion of the latent thoughts into manifest thoughts _____.
(a) Deserves close study.
(b) Is completely useless.
(c) Should be ignored initially.
(d) Has mystical implications.
2. What is the salient feature of the manifest content of the dreams of children?
(a) Their connection with life of the day.
(b) Their multi-faceted views on life.
(c) Their meaningless quality.
(d) Their connection with spirituality.
3. What does Freud say the boy of eight sees the heroes that he reads about as?
(c) Father figures.
4. What is the attitude, according to Freud, of the medical community toward dreams?
5. The _____ language of the poets is thought to be important in dreams by Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hero does the boy of eight dream of?
2. Where is Freud sitting with Mrs. E.L. in his dream?
3. The dream treats the "either-or" scenario as _____.
4. How does Freud characterize the bond between complicated nature of dreams and the difficulty expressing thoughts connected to the dream?
5. What does Freud call the ideas encompassing the thought that dreams are worthless in their content?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)