|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 (pp. 62-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
2. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
(a) Afternoon at the Baths.
(b) The Art of the Swim.
(c) The Grecian Bathers.
(d) The Surprise in the Bath.
3. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
(c) Medical writers.
4. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) Freud's mother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The swimming master.
(d) The owner of the bath.
5. What sort of results come about after dream calculations occur?
(a) Plausible ones.
(b) Damaging ones.
(c) Silly ones.
(d) Accurate ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
2. Who is in Vienna with the woman who is being treated by Freud and gets to prolong her treatment for another year?
3. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
4. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
5. What aspect of a dream is often suddenly forgotten upon waking?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)