|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 (pp. 62-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
(b) A source of pride.
2. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
3. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
4. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
(a) His first wife.
(b) A former university tutor.
(c) An apothecary.
(d) A former girlfirend.
5. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
(a) Afternoon at the Baths.
(b) The Art of the Swim.
(c) The Surprise in the Bath.
(d) The Grecian Bathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
2. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
3. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
4. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
5. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)