|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 (pp. 62-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
2. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Utterly engaging.
(b) Infuriating at best.
(c) Quite mad.
(d) Fully understandable.
3. In the dream of Mrs. E. L., what is given to Freud by the main character which he desired from his wife in reality?
(b) Car keys.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) Undivided attention.
4. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
5. What does Freud characterize as witty and exaggerated in association with dream work?
(c) Rhyme schemes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was he seeking from his wife in the incident before the dream of Mrs. E. L., in Freud's conclusion in Chapter 4?
2. Certain _____ occur in dream content when a person is asleep.
3. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
4. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
5. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)