|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 (pp. 62-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second psychical apparatus has the advantage that its products find _____ to consciousness.
(a) No clear opening.
(b) An open path.
(c) Vast explosive holes.
(d) A theoretic correlation.
2. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
3. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
4. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Utterly engaging.
(b) Fully understandable.
(c) Infuriating at best.
(d) Quite mad.
5. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
2. Freud's idea of the facade comes about as a result of a regard for _____ concerning dreams.
3. What is sitting in Freud's lap during the dream where he is riding in the carriage?
4. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
5. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)