|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 (pp. 62-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
(a) Off guard.
(d) Lying to a person.
2. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
(a) Afternoon at the Baths.
(b) The Grecian Bathers.
(c) The Surprise in the Bath.
(d) The Art of the Swim.
3. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
4. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
5. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
(d) Lapses in judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
2. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
3. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
4. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
5. What sort of master was the person who painted The Flood?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)