|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 (pp. 62-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
(a) The Art of the Swim.
(b) The Grecian Bathers.
(c) The Surprise in the Bath.
(d) Afternoon at the Baths.
2. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
3. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
4. What word from the dream of Mrs. E. L. has a double meaning?
5. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One month.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lady in the market dream at the market with?
2. Censorship is never absent, it is merely _____ during sleep.
3. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
4. Freud compares his idea of composite figures to the _____ compositions of people from the Orient.
5. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)