|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 (pp. 62-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
(a) The Surprise in the Bath.
(b) The Grecian Bathers.
(c) Afternoon at the Baths.
(d) The Art of the Swim.
2. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
3. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Quite mad.
(b) Infuriating at best.
(c) Fully understandable.
(d) Utterly engaging.
4. The first steps into the unknown territory involve a clear conception of the _____ of dreams.
5. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Freud's mother.
(c) The swimming master.
(d) The owner of the bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
2. At the _____ of the two psychical apparatuses exists censorship.
3. Who is sitting on the bench with Freud in the dream where he is riding in a carriage?
4. What does Freud say aspects of the process of dream analysis are analogous to that of?
5. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)