|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 (pp. 62-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
2. What sort of element does Freud say plays a part in constructing the explanation of dream work?
3. In an attempt to bring order and meaning to a strange dream, a person wakes up and regards the dream as being _____.
(a) Utterly engaging.
(b) Quite mad.
(c) Fully understandable.
(d) Infuriating at best.
4. What is the name of the type of reasoning Freud uses to illustrate his point regarding calculations in dreams?
5. From whose Cycle of Melusine does the painting that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers come?
Short Answer Questions
1. The thought that Freud has never had anything for nothing is _____ to Freud.
2. Who helps the woman out of the water in Freud's dream about the bathers?
3. Freud states that _____ don't bother themselves with the psychology of repression.
4. _____ is part of the foundation for the origin of many other psychological processes.
5. Freud calls his theory of the formation of dreams _____.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)