|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 (pp. 62-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the painting in the Cycle of Melusine that is a reference to Freud's dream of the bathers?
(a) The Art of the Swim.
(b) The Grecian Bathers.
(c) The Surprise in the Bath.
(d) Afternoon at the Baths.
2. How long has the lady in the dream about the theater been married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
3. What is Freud's role in the dream concerning the lady at the market?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The baker.
(d) The butcher.
4. Whose family photographs does Freud use as an example of common factors in a composite?
5. What is the name of the woman who is the friend of the woman who has the theater dream?
(a) Mrs. E. L.
(b) Miss Elise L---.
(c) Miss Cane.
(d) Madame Lorenzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which inventor does Freud compare his discoveries to?
2. When someone is presented with a language that is not understood, the person falls back on what is _____.
3. What is another word Freud uses for "condensation" in dreams?
4. What are the wishes and fantasies of waking life called?
5. The _____ of mixed images is often the quickest way to the interpretation of dreams.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)