Chapter 1 (pp. 5-7)
• Freud explains that from the very beginning of time, people have had dreams.
• In more prehistoric times, people believed that dreams were associated with a higher power or gods.
• Dreams were sent down from these deities as a way to communicate with the lesser humans.
• In Freud's time, almost all people believed that dreams happen in the mind of the dreamer.
• However, because people have begun rejecting the thought that dreams are signs sent from higher powers, dreams have need of more of an explanation.
• What is their origin?
• What is their relation to our everyday life?
• How much does outside stimuli affect them while they are dreaming?
• Why are dreams so transitory?
• These are all questions people pose about dreams.
• Freud insists that until now, there is no satisfactory solution for the question of dreams.
• Freud further asserts that it is important to discover...
This section contains 2,013 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)