|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 4, "If you don't know what you want, how can you know when _____?"
(a) You're done.
(b) To edit.
(c) To begin.
(d) To stop.
2. What did the pig have around its neck in the hypothetical film from Chapter 5?
(a) A leash.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A belt.
(d) A collar.
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, "It's always up to you whether you are going to tell a story through a ____ of shots or you are not."
4. After how many takes does Mamet say you can no longer remember what the scene was about, in Chapter 4?
5. What actress did Mamet mention in the footnotes of Chapter 5 as an actress who could truly act?
(a) Mary Astor.
(b) Meryl Streep.
(c) Susan Sarandon.
(d) Donna Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet, he's seen directors do how many takes of a shot?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, we would like to learn a technique of directing and analyzing as concrete as that of a what?
3. According to Mamet, who told us that it's good to have tools that are simple to understand and a very limited number?
4. What did the farmer do in Mamet's version of the ending in Chapter 5?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the task is always the same. Stick with it until you _____.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)