|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet says that it's not the actor's job to be emotional. It's the actor's job to be what?
(b) In character.
(c) In the scene.
2. What did Stanislavsky ask the steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
(a) How he didn't get lost.
(b) How he maintained a living.
(c) How he steered the boat safely.
(d) How he kept from getting seasick.
3. Oedipus is the model of all tragedy, according to whom?
4. What is the subheading of Chapter 4?
(a) Where Do You Put the Camera?
(c) What to Tell the Actors and Where to Put the Camera.
(d) Pig - The Movie.
5. What did the pig do in the ending of the story in Chapter 5?
(b) Attacked the farmer.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Rode the girl on his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the pen in the ending of the story in Chapter 5?
2. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is "the scene"?
3. The two essential elements of story, according to Aristotle, are surprise and what?
4. In Chapter 5, the hypothetical film Mamet worked on with the students involved a farmer selling what?
5. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that you will have forsworn the Cult of what for a little while?
Short Essay Questions
1. What analogy did Mamet give that involves Stanislavsky, in Chapter 6?
2. How did Mamet relate film direction and screenwriting in Chapter 6?
3. What did Mamet write in Chapter 4 of the director's instructions to the actor?
4. What can the director not make up for in the editing room, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
5. What is the Cult of Self which Mamet refers to in Chapter 6?
6. What is the appropriate response to the actor who asks "how do I walk down the hall", in the example in Chapter 4?
7. What storytelling genres did Mamet suggest the director study in Chapter 5?
8. What has the hypothetical film evolved to in terms of danger in Chapter 5?
9. How does the hypothetical film end in Chapter 5?
10. How does Aristotle's theory of tragedy relate to the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)