|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you're ____ in the small things, you will be ____ in the large things.
2. According to Mamet at the end of Chapter 5, "Anybody with a _____ can take a picture of a 'pig.'"
3. According to Mamet, he's seen directors do how many takes of a shot?
4. Oedipus is the model of all tragedy, according to whom?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, it isn't your job to make it what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet, what do actors talk about, which does not exist on the stage?
2. Mamet says of film directing and screenwriting that they are what?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
4. What actress did Mamet mention in the footnotes of Chapter 5 as an actress who could truly act?
5. In Chapter 5, the hypothetical film Mamet worked on with the students involved a farmer selling what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the farmer meet in the hypothetical film in Chapter 5? How did this interaction play out?
2. What example did Mamet give of Humphrey Bogart's simplicity, in Chapter 4?
3. How does Aristotle's theory of tragedy relate to the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
4. What can the director not make up for in the editing room, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
5. What was Mamet's response to "performance art" questions which arise in shooting?
6. What storytelling genres did Mamet suggest the director study in Chapter 5?
7. What did Mamet caution against with having multiple motivations for the farmer in Chapter 5?
8. What did Mamet write in Chapter 4 of the director's instructions to the actor?
9. What metaphor did Mamet use to illustrate the work in pre-production, in Chapter 6?
10. What did Mamet write about the Navaho Indians in Chapter 6?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)