|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which story of the farmer's did the class decide to go with in Chapter 5?
(a) Having no money.
(b) Getting money for food.
(c) Getting rid of danger.
(d) Saving the child.
2. What was the impetus for the beginning of Citizen Kane?
(a) The death of Charles Foster Kane.
(b) The discovery of the sled.
(c) The plague.
(d) The inheritance.
3. Oedipus is the model of all tragedy, according to whom?
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you persevere, then what method of thinking will become easier for you?
5. According to Mamet, who told us that it's good to have tools that are simple to understand and a very limited number?
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Stoics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet, what is one of the imperative questions to ask in the beginning of the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
2. What does David Mamet say that the answer to all of the tedious actor questions is?
3. Mamet made the analogy in Chapter 4, "if the house is going to stand, the nail must do the work of ____."
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, having two reasons for an act are the same as having how many reasons?
5. What does Mamet say that the people in Hollywood don't have, in Chapter 5?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)