|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet says that the greatest lesson in acting is to perform the physical motions of the script, how?
(a) As simply as possible.
(b) As exact as possible.
(c) As elaborately as possible.
(d) As succinctly as possible.
2. Mamet recommended the book A Practical Handbook for the Actor, written by whom?
(a) Mamet, Eisenstein, Olnek.
(b) Meisner, Adler, et al.
(c) Bruder, Eisenstein.
(d) Bruder, Cohn, Olnek, et al.
3. According to Mamet at the end of Chapter 5, "Anybody with a _____ can take a picture of a 'pig.'"
4. What is the subheading of Chapter 4?
(a) What to Tell the Actors and Where to Put the Camera.
(b) Pig - The Movie.
(d) Where Do You Put the Camera?
5. The two essential elements of story, according to Aristotle, are surprise and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 4, "If you don't know what you want, how can you know when _____?"
2. Where was Stanislavsky having dinner with a steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
3. The purpose of rehearsal is to tell the actors, beat by beat, what?
4. Once the story has found an ending, Mamet says you can look back over the shot list and answer what question?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, we would like to learn a technique of directing and analyzing as concrete as that of a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mamet caution against with having multiple motivations for the farmer in Chapter 5?
2. What scenario did Mamet present for the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
3. What is the Cult of Self which Mamet refers to in Chapter 6?
4. What did Mamet suggest directors should strive for in terms of film dialogue in movies, in Chapter 4?
5. What was Mamet's reply to the question, "Is it possible to do everything "right" and still make a bad movie?"
6. What has the hypothetical film evolved to in terms of danger in Chapter 5?
7. What does Mamet say regarding the training of film actors in today's world?
8. What does Mamet say regarding subconscious response in Chapter 4?
9. What analogy did Mamet give that involves Stanislavsky, in Chapter 6?
10. What metaphor did Mamet use to illustrate the work in pre-production, in Chapter 6?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)