Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stanislavsky wrote that the difficult will become easy and the easy habitual, so that the habitual may become what?
2. What was the reason for the beginning of Oedipus Rex?
(a) The onset of war.
(b) Oedipus' mother dying.
(c) Oedipus' father dying.
(d) The plague.
3. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
(a) Plotting a compass course.
(b) Solving a math equation.
(c) Literary analysis.
(d) Critical thinking.
4. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
(a) Portray a sense of character.
(b) Show the ending in the scene.
(c) Portray the idea of a movie.
(d) Create subdramas.
5. According to Mamet, "In film or in the street, people who describe themselves to you are" what?
(a) Trying to get something.
(c) Being honest.
(d) Playing a role.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the man doing on the side of the road whom the farmer met in Chapter 5?
2. What is the book of pictures of shots of a film called?
3. Where was Stanislavsky having dinner with a steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
4. What was the impetus for the beginning of Citizen Kane?
5. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)