|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet at the end of Chapter 5, "Anybody with a _____ can take a picture of a 'pig.'"
2. What does Mamet say "are all you have" in Chapter 6?
(a) The actors.
(b) The shots.
(c) The cuts.
(d) The scene.
3. What was the man doing on the side of the road whom the farmer met in Chapter 5?
(a) Catching a chicken.
(b) Fixing a wheel.
(c) Catching a pig.
(d) Cutting his lawn.
4. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that any real what is going to be based on things within your control?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you're ____ in the small things, you will be ____ in the large things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet says in Chapter 4 that movies are made out of what?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, what is the perfect movie?
3. Mamet says that the perfect movie doesn't have any what?
4. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is the meaning of the beat?
5. Mamet says of film directing and screenwriting that they are what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mamet write about the Navaho Indians in Chapter 6?
2. What can the director not make up for in the editing room, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mamet say regarding the training of film actors in today's world?
4. What metaphor did Mamet use to illustrate the work in pre-production, in Chapter 6?
5. What decision did Mamet suggest is in the hands of the director, in Chapter 6?
6. What suggestions did the students give for the motivation of the protagonist in Chapter 5's scenario?
7. What does Mamet say regarding subconscious response in Chapter 4?
8. How does Aristotle's theory of tragedy relate to the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
9. What is the hierarchy of film? Why did Mamet suggest the actor cannot be a fallback for the film in Chapter 6?
10. What did Mamet suggest directors should strive for in terms of film dialogue in movies, in Chapter 4?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)