|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, it is essential to cut that which has what to us?
(c) Deep personal meaning.
2. What is the term for the thing which stands in the way of the protagonist?
3. What logical construct did Mamet use to explain the system of film-making in Chapter 3?
(a) If A, then B.
(b) If A, then C.
(c) A plus B is C.
(d) N plus R is P.
4. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
5. Mamet says that you cannot hide your what, in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another term for "looping"?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, the only thing the dramatic form is good for is what?
3. What are after-the-fact attempts to shore up that which was not correctly designed in a film?
4. Who told Alice it didn't matter which road she took, as cited by Mamet in Chapter 2?
5. According to Mamet, film directors should all aspire to be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the class progress in the details of their hypothetical film in Chapter 2?
2. Describe the "School of Countercultural Architecture."
3. What did Mamet indicate is the point of view of the performance artist, in Chapter 3?
4. What was Mamet's rule of thumb for cutting extraneous material from a film?
5. What are the different approaches Mamet discussed as methods of storytelling in film, in Chapter 1?
6. What did Mamet cite from the book, "The Uses of Enchantment" in Chapter 2?
7. What writers and filmmakers did Mamet refer to in the Preface and Chapter 1 regarding screenwriting and film direction?
8. How did Mamet illustrate juxtaposition of shots in documentary film in Chapter 1?
9. What did Mamet write in Chapter 3 regarding film with political agendas?
10. What did Mamet write about drama school and film school in Chapter 1?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)