|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, when the film is correctly ____, the subconscious and the conscious are in alignment.
2. According to Mamet, the storyteller did NOT need something in Chapter 2. What was it?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, if you want to build a roof, it might be a good idea to understand about the effects of what?
(b) Support beams.
4. Sometimes, Mamet says in Chapter 3, the piece (film) will do what?
(a) Work with you.
(b) Create roadblocks.
(c) Fight back against you.
(d) Create impediments.
5. Screenwriting is a craft based on what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mamet say most modern art is based around?
2. In what year did Mamet write the Preface of the book?
3. Eisenstein claimed that the best image is a what image?
4. What kind of camera has helped in injuring the cinema, according to Mamet?
5. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that if the film follows the protagonist around, what he does had better be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mamet write in Chapter 3 regarding film with political agendas?
2. What does Mamet say regarding the juxtaposition of uninflected images in Chapter 3?
3. How was the hypothetical film shot in Chapter 2?
4. Describe the "School of Countercultural Architecture."
5. What was Mamet's rule of thumb for cutting extraneous material from a film?
6. What did Mamet write regarding dreams and film in Chapter 1?
7. What are the different approaches Mamet discussed as methods of storytelling in film, in Chapter 1?
8. Describe Mamet's discussion of understanding precipitation in architecture in Chapter 3.
9. How did Mamet illustrate juxtaposition of shots in documentary film in Chapter 1?
10. How did Mamet describe Eisenstein's theory of montage?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)