|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet cited Aristotle in saying there is no such thing as what?
(a) A happy ending.
(d) A tragic ending.
2. Mamet says that you cannot hide your what, in Chapter 3?
3. What is the term for the thing which stands in the way of the protagonist?
4. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
(b) Rutgers University.
5. Mamet says the audience requires not information, but what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet's house was built without what?
2. What logical construct did Mamet use to explain the system of film-making in Chapter 3?
3. Mamet says that the house has to look like a house. The ______ doesn't have to look like a house.
4. Who did Mamet cite in saying that we needn't avoid things just because they're cliche?
5. All the audience cares about is the what, according to Mamet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mamet write in Chapter 1 regarding character description and narration?
2. What does Mamet say regarding the juxtaposition of uninflected images in Chapter 3?
3. Describe Mamet's discussion of understanding precipitation in architecture in Chapter 3.
4. What did Mamet write about drama school and film school in Chapter 1?
5. What are ways that directors attempt to keep the audience's attention when the design of a film fails?
6. What are the different approaches Mamet discussed as methods of storytelling in film, in Chapter 1?
7. What was Mamet's rule of thumb for cutting extraneous material from a film?
8. How did the class progress in the details of their hypothetical film in Chapter 2?
9. What does Mamet say in terms of withholding information from the audience, in Chapter 2?
10. What did Mamet write in Chapter 3 regarding film with political agendas?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)