|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the period after you've finished the shot list and before you go into shooting?
(b) Designer Meetings.
2. What is the term for the thing which stands in the way of the protagonist?
3. What does Mamet say happens when the problem posited by the scene is over?
(a) The film is over.
(b) The next scene begins.
(c) The objective is attained.
(d) The scene is over.
4. The purpose of technique is to free the what?
(b) Conscious mind.
(d) Dream life.
5. Anytime anyone does what, "that's a counterforce"?
(a) Extols empathy.
(b) Tells the truth.
(c) Narrates the back-story.
(d) Shows emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, if you want to build a roof, it might be a good idea to understand about the effects of what?
2. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
3. What does Mamet say most modern art is based around?
4. In Chapter 2, Mamet says that it's impossible to make a character what?
5. According to Mamet, film directors should all aspire to be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What writers and filmmakers did Mamet refer to in the Preface and Chapter 1 regarding screenwriting and film direction?
2. What did Mamet write in Chapter 1 regarding character description and narration?
3. Describe Mamet's discussion of understanding precipitation in architecture in Chapter 3.
4. What does Mamet say in terms of withholding information from the audience, in Chapter 2?
5. Describe the objective and beats in the hypothetical film in Chapter 2.
6. What are the different approaches Mamet discussed as methods of storytelling in film, in Chapter 1?
7. What is the backdrop of On Directing Film? From what setting did the author base the text?
8. What did Mamet write regarding dreams and film in Chapter 1?
9. How was the hypothetical film shot in Chapter 2?
10. What did Mamet write in the Preface regarding the blind author who decided to become a screenwriter?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)