|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another term for "looping"?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, the film business is caught in a spiral of degeneracy because it is run by people who have no what?
3. What was Hitchcock's phrase for the thing which the protagonist is chasing?
4. What craft did Mamet say he does sometimes in Chapter 3?
(a) Writes poetry.
(d) Carves wood.
5. According to Mamet, you always want to tell a story in what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mamet say is a bad idea for the third beat in Chapter 2?
2. What kind of camera has helped in injuring the cinema, according to Mamet?
3. Counterculture architecture was based on designing buildings based on what?
4. What is the term which refers to the protagonist's immediate goal?
5. The second beat of the hypothetical scene in Chapter 2 was to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are modern film actors lacking in their education of storytelling, according to Mamet?
2. What scenario did Mamet present for the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
3. What is the appropriate response to the actor who asks "how do I walk down the hall", in the example in Chapter 4?
4. What did Mamet indicate is the point of view of the performance artist, in Chapter 3?
5. How did Mamet describe Eisenstein's theory of montage?
6. What did Mamet think of the steadicam?
7. What does Mamet say regarding the training of film actors in today's world?
8. How did Mamet illustrate juxtaposition of shots in documentary film in Chapter 1?
9. What is the backdrop of On Directing Film? From what setting did the author base the text?
10. What does Mamet say regarding the juxtaposition of uninflected images in Chapter 3?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)