|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The study of what is very useful for directors, according to Mamet?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, someone once asked whom if they had ever been lost?
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt.
(d) James Joyce.
3. What does Mamet say is the superobjective of the hero in Chapter 6?
(a) The river.
(b) The channel.
(c) The buoy.
(d) The roadside.
4. After how many takes does Mamet say you can no longer remember what the scene was about, in Chapter 4?
5. Mamet says that when he was young, actors spent how many years on stage earning a living by the time they were thirty?
6. Mamet says in Chapter 4 that a lot of the decisions you think are going to be arbitrary are arrived at through the what?
7. Mamet recommended the book A Practical Handbook for the Actor, written by whom?
(a) Meisner, Adler, et al.
(b) Bruder, Cohn, Olnek, et al.
(c) Mamet, Eisenstein, Olnek.
(d) Bruder, Eisenstein.
8. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
9. What does Mamet say that the people in Hollywood don't have, in Chapter 5?
10. Where did the farmer go in the town in the hypothetical film of Chapter 5?
(a) The seed store.
(b) The slaughterhouse.
(c) The farm.
(d) The farmer's market.
11. What, in Mamet's analogy in Chapter 6, are the marker buoys?
(a) The character.
(b) The plot.
(c) Small objectives.
(d) The superobjective.
12. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, you can't make it interesting once you get where?
(a) The sound stage.
(b) The editing room.
(c) The blueprint board.
(d) The storyboard room.
13. Mamet says that the perfect movie doesn't have any what?
14. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the Stoics would advise adhering to the metaphor which relates to what?
(a) Selling a calf.
(c) Going on a journey.
(d) Going into battle.
15. What does Mamet say "are all you have" in Chapter 6?
(a) The actors.
(b) The shots.
(c) The scene.
(d) The cuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the steamboat captain's answer to Stanislavsky, in Chapter 6?
2. What did the pig have around its neck in the hypothetical film from Chapter 5?
3. What was in the pen in the ending of the story in Chapter 5?
4. What example did Mamet use in Chapter 4 to demonstrate how you don't or do shoot a scene?
5. Who directed Casablanca?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)