|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mamet say "are all you have" in Chapter 6?
(a) The cuts.
(b) The shots.
(c) The scene.
(d) The actors.
2. According to Mamet at the end of Chapter 5, "Anybody with a _____ can take a picture of a 'pig.'"
3. The purpose of rehearsal is to tell the actors, beat by beat, what?
(a) The actions called for.
(b) The characterization.
(c) The objectives.
(d) The emotions needed.
4. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that to "Understand your specific task, work until it's done, and then stop" is the same as what?
(a) The throughline.
(b) The superobjective.
(c) The focus.
(d) The plot.
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, you can't make it interesting once you get where?
(a) The editing room.
(b) The blueprint board.
(c) The sound stage.
(d) The storyboard room.
6. The two essential elements of story, according to Aristotle, are surprise and what?
7. What is the book of pictures of shots of a film called?
(a) The book.
(b) The prompt book.
(c) The set design.
(d) The storyboard.
8. What was the reason for the beginning of Oedipus Rex?
(a) Oedipus' mother dying.
(b) The plague.
(c) The onset of war.
(d) Oedipus' father dying.
9. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that any real what is going to be based on things within your control?
10. What is Dumbo's problem, according to Mamet?
(a) He can't fly.
(b) He lost his feather.
(c) He has low self-esteem.
(d) He has big ears.
11. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you persevere, then what method of thinking will become easier for you?
12. When the farmer saw the man on the road, how did Mamet refer to this beat?
(a) Gaining a foothold.
(b) Capitalizing on a golden opportunity.
(c) Selling the animal.
(d) Gaining respect.
13. What does David Mamet say that the answer to all of the tedious actor questions is?
(b) Based on the objective.
(c) Look at the text.
(d) It doesn't matter.
14. What does Mamet say is useless filler in film, and the giveaway to a joke's punch line, in Chapter 5?
15. What does Mamet say is the superobjective of the hero in Chapter 6?
(a) The channel.
(b) The buoy.
(c) The river.
(d) The roadside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Stanislavsky having dinner with a steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, it isn't your job to make it what?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, we would like to learn a technique of directing and analyzing as concrete as that of a what?
4. What did Stanislavsky say is needed alone to support the text?
5. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is "the scene"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)