|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Stanislavsky ask the steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
(a) How he maintained a living.
(b) How he kept from getting seasick.
(c) How he didn't get lost.
(d) How he steered the boat safely.
2. Mamet says that the perfect movie doesn't have any what?
3. According to Mamet at the end of Chapter 5, "Anybody with a _____ can take a picture of a 'pig.'"
4. According to Mamet, what do actors talk about, which does not exist on the stage?
(a) Arc of the film.
5. What example did Mamet use in Chapter 4 to demonstrate how you don't or do shoot a scene?
(a) A cartoon.
(b) A car crash.
(c) A pig farmer.
(d) A documentary.
6. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the task is always the same. Stick with it until you _____.
(a) Work it out with the crew.
(b) Find an answer.
(c) Solve it.
(d) Discover the scene's meaning.
7. What does Mamet say is useless filler in film, and the giveaway to a joke's punch line, in Chapter 5?
8. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, having two reasons for an act are the same as having how many reasons?
9. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the Stoics would advise adhering to the metaphor which relates to what?
(a) Going on a journey.
(b) Going into battle.
(d) Selling a calf.
10. What was the man doing on the side of the road whom the farmer met in Chapter 5?
(a) Cutting his lawn.
(b) Fixing a wheel.
(c) Catching a chicken.
(d) Catching a pig.
11. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, what is the perfect movie?
(b) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(d) It's a Wonderful Life.
12. What is the subheading of Chapter 4?
(a) Where Do You Put the Camera?
(b) Pig - The Movie.
(d) What to Tell the Actors and Where to Put the Camera.
13. Which story of the farmer's did the class decide to go with in Chapter 5?
(a) Getting rid of danger.
(b) Having no money.
(c) Saving the child.
(d) Getting money for food.
14. Oedipus is the model of all tragedy, according to whom?
15. What was the last beat about in the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
(a) A man sells a pig.
(b) A man rewards a good deed.
(c) A man sells a goat.
(d) A man saves the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two essential elements of story, according to Aristotle, are surprise and what?
2. Mamet says that if you are telling the story with pictures, the dialogue is the sprinkles on the what?
3. What did Stanislavsky say is needed alone to support the text?
4. What, according to Mamet, is the answer to, "Where do we put the camera?"
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, you can't make it interesting once you get where?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)