|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the story has found an ending, Mamet says you can look back over the shot list and answer what question?
(a) What is the story?
(b) What objectives are missing?
(c) What have I left out?
(d) What can I add to the character?
2. What does Mamet say is useless filler in film, and the giveaway to a joke's punch line, in Chapter 5?
3. What is the subheading of Chapter 4?
(a) What to Tell the Actors and Where to Put the Camera.
(c) Where Do You Put the Camera?
(d) Pig - The Movie.
4. What, according to Mamet, is the answer to, "Where do we put the camera?"
(a) On the floor.
(c) Over there.
(d) In an interesting angle.
5. According to Mamet, what is one of the imperative questions to ask in the beginning of the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
(a) Why now?
(d) Why not?
6. In Chapter 5, the hypothetical film Mamet worked on with the students involved a farmer selling what?
(a) A goat.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cow.
7. Mamet says of film directing and screenwriting that they are what?
(a) Very different.
(c) The same trade.
(d) Exact sciences.
8. Everything in the old cartoons was based on what, according to Mamet?
(d) Individual expression.
9. Mamet made the analogy in Chapter 4, "if the house is going to stand, the nail must do the work of ____."
(a) A beam.
(b) A slat.
(c) A nail.
(d) A hammer.
10. What did the pig have around its neck in the hypothetical film from Chapter 5?
(a) A leash.
(b) A belt.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A collar.
11. According to Mamet at the end of Chapter 5, "Anybody with a _____ can take a picture of a 'pig.'"
12. What was the man doing on the side of the road whom the farmer met in Chapter 5?
(a) Fixing a wheel.
(b) Cutting his lawn.
(c) Catching a chicken.
(d) Catching a pig.
13. What did the pig do in the ending of the story in Chapter 5?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Rode the girl on his back.
(d) Attacked the farmer.
14. Stanislavsky wrote that the difficult will become easy and the easy habitual, so that the habitual may become what?
15. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the Stoics would advise adhering to the metaphor which relates to what?
(a) Selling a calf.
(c) Going into battle.
(d) Going on a journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
2. What was the last beat about in the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
3. According to Mamet, under conditions of great stress, you have to know your what?
4. What does Mamet say is the superobjective of the hero in Chapter 6?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)