|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subheading of Chapter 4?
(a) What to Tell the Actors and Where to Put the Camera.
(b) Where Do You Put the Camera?
(c) Pig - The Movie.
2. What can you not rely on on to make the film more interesting, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
(a) The sound technician.
(b) The director.
(c) The actors.
(d) The camera operator.
3. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
4. According to Mamet at the end of Chapter 5, "Anybody with a _____ can take a picture of a 'pig.'"
5. Mamet made the analogy in Chapter 4, "if the house is going to stand, the nail must do the work of ____."
(a) A slat.
(b) A beam.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A nail.
6. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is the meaning of the beat?
(a) To arrive early.
(b) To get a retraction.
(c) To prepare.
(d) To gain respect.
7. What does Mamet say is the superobjective of the hero in Chapter 6?
(a) The channel.
(b) The buoy.
(c) The roadside.
(d) The river.
8. Mamet says that it's not the actor's job to be emotional. It's the actor's job to be what?
(a) In character.
(b) In the scene.
9. According to Mamet, most actors in film and stage today are what?
(a) Too self-absorbed.
(b) Well trained.
(c) Too edgy.
(d) Badly trained.
10. What was the last beat about in the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
(a) A man saves the day.
(b) A man sells a pig.
(c) A man rewards a good deed.
(d) A man sells a goat.
11. What did the farmer do in Mamet's version of the ending in Chapter 5?
(a) Bought a second pig.
(b) Sold the pig.
(c) Sold the goat.
(d) Bought feed for the pig.
12. When the farmer saw the man on the road, how did Mamet refer to this beat?
(a) Gaining respect.
(b) Gaining a foothold.
(c) Capitalizing on a golden opportunity.
(d) Selling the animal.
13. What, according to Mamet, is the answer to, "Where do we put the camera?"
(b) On the floor.
(c) In an interesting angle.
(d) Over there.
14. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
(a) Portray the idea of a movie.
(b) Show the ending in the scene.
(c) Portray a sense of character.
(d) Create subdramas.
15. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, it isn't your job to make it what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that any real what is going to be based on things within your control?
2. Mamet says the reason we like those old-time movie stars so much is that they are what?
3. What is Dumbo's problem, according to Mamet?
4. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 4, "If you don't know what you want, how can you know when _____?"
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)