|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the farmer go in the town in the hypothetical film of Chapter 5?
(a) The slaughterhouse.
(b) The farmer's market.
(c) The farm.
(d) The seed store.
2. Everything in the old cartoons was based on what, according to Mamet?
(a) Individual expression.
3. The rule of circularity says not to do what?
(a) Repeat the narration.
(b) Repeat the objective.
(c) The same thing twice.
(d) Repeat the beginning.
4. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that you will have forsworn the Cult of what for a little while?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
(b) The plague.
(c) The curse.
(d) He didn't.
6. What example did Mamet use in Chapter 4 to demonstrate how you don't or do shoot a scene?
(a) A cartoon.
(b) A pig farmer.
(c) A documentary.
(d) A car crash.
7. What does Mamet say is the superobjective of the hero in Chapter 6?
(a) The buoy.
(b) The roadside.
(c) The channel.
(d) The river.
8. Mamet made the analogy in Chapter 4, "if the house is going to stand, the nail must do the work of ____."
(a) A nail.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A beam.
(d) A slat.
9. Where was Stanislavsky having dinner with a steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Volga River.
(c) The Atlantic Ocean.
(d) The Thames River.
10. What, in Mamet's analogy in Chapter 6, are the marker buoys?
(a) The superobjective.
(b) Small objectives.
(c) The plot.
(d) The character.
11. Mamet recommended the book A Practical Handbook for the Actor, written by whom?
(a) Mamet, Eisenstein, Olnek.
(b) Meisner, Adler, et al.
(c) Bruder, Eisenstein.
(d) Bruder, Cohn, Olnek, et al.
12. What actress did Mamet mention in the footnotes of Chapter 5 as an actress who could truly act?
(a) Susan Sarandon.
(b) Donna Reed.
(c) Meryl Streep.
(d) Mary Astor.
13. Mamet says the reason we like those old-time movie stars so much is that they are what?
14. What is Dumbo's problem, according to Mamet?
(a) He lost his feather.
(b) He has low self-esteem.
(c) He has big ears.
(d) He can't fly.
15. What can you not rely on on to make the film more interesting, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
(a) The camera operator.
(b) The actors.
(c) The director.
(d) The sound technician.
Short Answer Questions
1. After shooting which take do you not even remember why you were born?
2. According to Mamet, what do actors talk about, which does not exist on the stage?
3. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
4. According to Mamet at the end of Chapter 5, "Anybody with a _____ can take a picture of a 'pig.'"
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you're ____ in the small things, you will be ____ in the large things.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)