Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stanislavsky wrote that the difficult will become easy and the easy habitual, so that the habitual may become what?
2. What was the reason for the beginning of Oedipus Rex?
(a) The onset of war.
(b) Oedipus' mother dying.
(c) Oedipus' father dying.
(d) The plague.
3. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
(a) Plotting a compass course.
(b) Solving a math equation.
(c) Literary analysis.
(d) Critical thinking.
4. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
(a) Portray a sense of character.
(b) Show the ending in the scene.
(c) Portray the idea of a movie.
(d) Create subdramas.
5. According to Mamet, "In film or in the street, people who describe themselves to you are" what?
(a) Trying to get something.
(c) Being honest.
(d) Playing a role.
6. What was the man doing on the side of the road whom the farmer met in Chapter 5?
(a) Fixing a wheel.
(b) Catching a pig.
(c) Catching a chicken.
(d) Cutting his lawn.
7. What is the book of pictures of shots of a film called?
(a) The book.
(b) The storyboard.
(c) The prompt book.
(d) The set design.
8. Where was Stanislavsky having dinner with a steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Thames River.
(c) The Volga River.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
9. What was the impetus for the beginning of Citizen Kane?
(a) The plague.
(b) The inheritance.
(c) The discovery of the sled.
(d) The death of Charles Foster Kane.
10. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
11. The purpose of rehearsal is to tell the actors, beat by beat, what?
(a) The actions called for.
(b) The characterization.
(c) The emotions needed.
(d) The objectives.
12. What does Mamet say is the superobjective of the hero in Chapter 6?
(a) The channel.
(b) The roadside.
(c) The river.
(d) The buoy.
13. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that you will have forsworn the Cult of what for a little while?
14. What did the pig do in the ending of the story in Chapter 5?
(b) Attacked the farmer.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Rode the girl on his back.
15. What, in Mamet's analogy in Chapter 6, are the marker buoys?
(a) The superobjective.
(b) The plot.
(c) Small objectives.
(d) The character.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet says of film directing and screenwriting that they are what?
2. According to Mamet, what actor did he laud for his simplicity in a scene which involved the Nazis, in Chapter 4?
3. Mamet says that if you are telling the story with pictures, the dialogue is the sprinkles on the what?
4. According to Mamet, what do actors talk about, which does not exist on the stage?
5. Everything in the old cartoons was based on what, according to Mamet?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)