|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
(a) Portray a sense of character.
(b) Show the ending in the scene.
(c) Portray the idea of a movie.
(d) Create subdramas.
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, it isn't your job to make it what?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the Stoics would advise adhering to the metaphor which relates to what?
(a) Selling a calf.
(b) Going into battle.
(c) Going on a journey.
4. What does Mamet say "are all you have" in Chapter 6?
(a) The scene.
(b) The actors.
(c) The shots.
(d) The cuts.
5. In Chapter 5, the hypothetical film Mamet worked on with the students involved a farmer selling what?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cow.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A pig.
6. Everything in the old cartoons was based on what, according to Mamet?
(c) Individual expression.
7. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the task is always the same. Stick with it until you _____.
(a) Find an answer.
(b) Discover the scene's meaning.
(c) Work it out with the crew.
(d) Solve it.
8. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that any real what is going to be based on things within your control?
9. The only reason characters speak is what?
(a) To tell a story.
(b) To get what they want.
(c) To narrate.
(d) To express exposition.
10. What, according to Mamet, is the answer to, "Where do we put the camera?"
(a) Over there.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In an interesting angle.
11. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
(a) He didn't.
(b) The plague.
(c) The curse.
12. Once the story has found an ending, Mamet says you can look back over the shot list and answer what question?
(a) What have I left out?
(b) What is the story?
(c) What can I add to the character?
(d) What objectives are missing?
13. According to Mamet in Chapter 4, "If you don't know what you want, how can you know when _____?"
(a) To stop.
(b) To begin.
(c) To edit.
(d) You're done.
14. Mamet recommended the book A Practical Handbook for the Actor, written by whom?
(a) Bruder, Cohn, Olnek, et al.
(b) Meisner, Adler, et al.
(c) Bruder, Eisenstein.
(d) Mamet, Eisenstein, Olnek.
15. Who directed Casablanca?
(a) Miles Herzog.
(b) Milton Gladstone.
(c) Frank Capra.
(d) Michael Curtiz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet says the reason we like those old-time movie stars so much is that they are what?
2. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
3. According to Mamet, most actors in film and stage today are what?
4. What actress did Mamet mention in the footnotes of Chapter 5 as an actress who could truly act?
5. The purpose of rehearsal is to tell the actors, beat by beat, what?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)