|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the task is always the same. Stick with it until you _____.
(a) Work it out with the crew.
(b) Find an answer.
(c) Solve it.
(d) Discover the scene's meaning.
2. After shooting which take do you not even remember why you were born?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, it is the pursuit of what that is important?
(c) An ideal.
4. Mamet says that the perfect movie doesn't have any what?
5. According to Mamet, what is one of the imperative questions to ask in the beginning of the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
(c) Why not?
(d) Why now?
6. The only reason characters speak is what?
(a) To get what they want.
(b) To tell a story.
(c) To narrate.
(d) To express exposition.
7. The reply from the person who was asked if they were ever lost was that they were once bewildered for how many days?
8. What is Dumbo's problem, according to Mamet?
(a) He can't fly.
(b) He has low self-esteem.
(c) He has big ears.
(d) He lost his feather.
9. What was the reason for the beginning of Oedipus Rex?
(a) The plague.
(b) The onset of war.
(c) Oedipus' mother dying.
(d) Oedipus' father dying.
10. What was in the pen in the ending of the story in Chapter 5?
(b) No pig.
11. Mamet made the analogy in Chapter 4, "if the house is going to stand, the nail must do the work of ____."
(a) A nail.
(b) A beam.
(c) A slat.
(d) A hammer.
12. What was the man doing on the side of the road whom the farmer met in Chapter 5?
(a) Catching a pig.
(b) Fixing a wheel.
(c) Catching a chicken.
(d) Cutting his lawn.
13. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is "the scene"?
(a) To eradicate danger.
(b) To sell a pig.
(c) To get respect.
(d) To get a retraction.
14. What can you not rely on on to make the film more interesting, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
(a) The actors.
(b) The sound technician.
(c) The camera operator.
(d) The director.
15. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, you can't make it interesting once you get where?
(a) The sound stage.
(b) The editing room.
(c) The blueprint board.
(d) The storyboard room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Stanislavsky having dinner with a steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
2. According to Mamet, what do actors talk about, which does not exist on the stage?
3. Everything in the old cartoons was based on what, according to Mamet?
4. What example did Mamet use in Chapter 4 to demonstrate how you don't or do shoot a scene?
5. What was the steamboat captain's answer to Stanislavsky, in Chapter 6?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)