|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you're ____ in the small things, you will be ____ in the large things.
3. Mamet says that the greatest lesson in acting is to perform the physical motions of the script, how?
(a) As elaborately as possible.
(b) As exact as possible.
(c) As simply as possible.
(d) As succinctly as possible.
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, it is the pursuit of what that is important?
(c) An ideal.
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, having two reasons for an act are the same as having how many reasons?
6. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
(a) Plotting a compass course.
(b) Literary analysis.
(c) Solving a math equation.
(d) Critical thinking.
7. According to Mamet, most actors in film and stage today are what?
(a) Badly trained.
(b) Too self-absorbed.
(c) Well trained.
(d) Too edgy.
8. Who directed Casablanca?
(a) Frank Capra.
(b) Miles Herzog.
(c) Michael Curtiz.
(d) Milton Gladstone.
9. According to Mamet, what actor did he laud for his simplicity in a scene which involved the Nazis, in Chapter 4?
(a) James Stewart.
(b) Clifton Hayes.
(c) Humphrey Bogart.
(d) Carey Grant.
10. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that you will have forsworn the Cult of what for a little while?
11. According to Mamet, under conditions of great stress, you have to know your what?
12. Stanislavsky wrote that the difficult will become easy and the easy habitual, so that the habitual may become what?
13. What, according to Mamet, is the answer to, "Where do we put the camera?"
(b) Over there.
(c) In an interesting angle.
(d) On the floor.
14. The rule of circularity says not to do what?
(a) The same thing twice.
(b) Repeat the beginning.
(c) Repeat the narration.
(d) Repeat the objective.
15. What did Stanislavsky say is needed alone to support the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet, what is one of the imperative questions to ask in the beginning of the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
2. What was the impetus for the beginning of Citizen Kane?
3. What was the man doing on the side of the road whom the farmer met in Chapter 5?
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, you can't make it interesting once you get where?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, what is the perfect movie?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)