|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Stanislavsky ask the steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
(a) How he kept from getting seasick.
(b) How he steered the boat safely.
(c) How he maintained a living.
(d) How he didn't get lost.
2. What did the pig have around its neck in the hypothetical film from Chapter 5?
(a) A collar.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A belt.
(d) A leash.
3. The two essential elements of story, according to Aristotle, are surprise and what?
4. What did Stanislavsky say is needed alone to support the text?
5. Mamet says that the greatest lesson in acting is to perform the physical motions of the script, how?
(a) As elaborately as possible.
(b) As simply as possible.
(c) As exact as possible.
(d) As succinctly as possible.
6. Mamet says in Chapter 4 that movies are made out of what?
(a) Elaborate stories.
(b) Very simple ideas.
(c) Heroic struggles.
(d) Epic dramas.
7. What does Mamet say is the superobjective of the hero in Chapter 6?
(a) The buoy.
(b) The river.
(c) The channel.
(d) The roadside.
8. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, you can't make it interesting once you get where?
(a) The storyboard room.
(b) The sound stage.
(c) The blueprint board.
(d) The editing room.
9. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
10. Mamet says the reason we like those old-time movie stars so much is that they are what?
11. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
(a) He didn't.
(b) The plague.
(c) The curse.
12. After shooting which take do you not even remember why you were born?
13. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the "hope that God will intervene and save you" is what most people mean when they talk about what?
14. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, we would like to learn a technique of directing and analyzing as concrete as that of a what?
15. In Chapter 5, the hypothetical film Mamet worked on with the students involved a farmer selling what?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the steamboat captain's answer to Stanislavsky, in Chapter 6?
2. Where was Stanislavsky having dinner with a steamboat captain, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
3. When the farmer saw the man on the road, how did Mamet refer to this beat?
4. According to Mamet, what is one of the imperative questions to ask in the beginning of the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
5. The rule of circularity says not to do what?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)