|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, most actors in film and stage today are what?
(a) Too self-absorbed.
(b) Too edgy.
(c) Badly trained.
(d) Well trained.
2. What does Mamet say is useless filler in film, and the giveaway to a joke's punch line, in Chapter 5?
3. Who directed Casablanca?
(a) Miles Herzog.
(b) Michael Curtiz.
(c) Milton Gladstone.
(d) Frank Capra.
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, "It's always up to you whether you are going to tell a story through a ____ of shots or you are not."
5. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is "the scene"?
(a) To eradicate danger.
(b) To get a retraction.
(c) To sell a pig.
(d) To get respect.
6. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
(a) Create subdramas.
(b) Portray a sense of character.
(c) Portray the idea of a movie.
(d) Show the ending in the scene.
7. Everything in the old cartoons was based on what, according to Mamet?
(b) Individual expression.
8. What, according to Mamet, is the answer to, "Where do we put the camera?"
(a) On the floor.
(c) Over there.
(d) In an interesting angle.
9. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that any real what is going to be based on things within your control?
10. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you're ____ in the small things, you will be ____ in the large things.
11. What was the reason for the beginning of Oedipus Rex?
(a) Oedipus' father dying.
(b) The onset of war.
(c) Oedipus' mother dying.
(d) The plague.
12. According to Mamet, he's seen directors do how many takes of a shot?
13. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, you can't make it interesting once you get where?
(a) The blueprint board.
(b) The editing room.
(c) The storyboard room.
(d) The sound stage.
14. Mamet says that it's not the actor's job to be emotional. It's the actor's job to be what?
(c) In the scene.
(d) In character.
15. What example did Mamet use in Chapter 4 to demonstrate how you don't or do shoot a scene?
(a) A pig farmer.
(b) A cartoon.
(c) A documentary.
(d) A car crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, what is the perfect movie?
3. What does David Mamet say that the answer to all of the tedious actor questions is?
4. Once the story has found an ending, Mamet says you can look back over the shot list and answer what question?
5. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)