|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
(a) The curse.
(c) The plague.
(d) He didn't.
2. Mamet says that if you are telling the story with pictures, the dialogue is the sprinkles on the what?
(b) Ice cream cone.
3. Everything in the old cartoons was based on what, according to Mamet?
(b) Individual expression.
4. The rule of circularity says not to do what?
(a) Repeat the beginning.
(b) Repeat the narration.
(c) The same thing twice.
(d) Repeat the objective.
5. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that to "Understand your specific task, work until it's done, and then stop" is the same as what?
(a) The plot.
(b) The focus.
(c) The throughline.
(d) The superobjective.
6. According to Mamet in Chapter 4, "If you don't know what you want, how can you know when _____?"
(a) To edit.
(b) To stop.
(c) To begin.
(d) You're done.
7. What is Dumbo's problem, according to Mamet?
(a) He lost his feather.
(b) He has big ears.
(c) He can't fly.
(d) He has low self-esteem.
8. What did the pig do in the ending of the story in Chapter 5?
(b) Attacked the farmer.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Rode the girl on his back.
9. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, it isn't your job to make it what?
10. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you persevere, then what method of thinking will become easier for you?
11. According to Mamet, he's seen directors do how many takes of a shot?
12. What was in the pen in the ending of the story in Chapter 5?
(d) No pig.
13. When the farmer saw the man on the road, how did Mamet refer to this beat?
(a) Gaining respect.
(b) Gaining a foothold.
(c) Selling the animal.
(d) Capitalizing on a golden opportunity.
14. Oedipus is the model of all tragedy, according to whom?
15. After shooting which take do you not even remember why you were born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mamet say that he defies anyone to act in Chapter 4?
2. According to Mamet, what do actors talk about, which does not exist on the stage?
3. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that you will have forsworn the Cult of what for a little while?
4. In Chapter 5, the hypothetical film Mamet worked on with the students involved a farmer selling what?
5. What was the last beat about in the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)