|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
(b) The curse.
(c) The plague.
(d) He didn't.
2. What can you not rely on on to make the film more interesting, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
(a) The sound technician.
(b) The director.
(c) The actors.
(d) The camera operator.
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, you can't make it interesting once you get where?
(a) The storyboard room.
(b) The editing room.
(c) The sound stage.
(d) The blueprint board.
4. After how many takes does Mamet say you can no longer remember what the scene was about, in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mamet say "are all you have" in Chapter 6?
(a) The actors.
(b) The scene.
(c) The cuts.
(d) The shots.
6. According to Mamet in Chapter 4, "If you don't know what you want, how can you know when _____?"
(a) To edit.
(b) You're done.
(c) To stop.
(d) To begin.
7. Who does Mamet say wove flaws into their blankets to let the devil out?
(a) The Mayans.
(b) The Navahos.
(c) The Iriquois.
(d) The Cherokee.
8. Once the story has found an ending, Mamet says you can look back over the shot list and answer what question?
(a) What objectives are missing?
(b) What is the story?
(c) What have I left out?
(d) What can I add to the character?
9. The reply from the person who was asked if they were ever lost was that they were once bewildered for how many days?
10. Mamet says that the greatest lesson in acting is to perform the physical motions of the script, how?
(a) As simply as possible.
(b) As elaborately as possible.
(c) As succinctly as possible.
(d) As exact as possible.
11. According to Mamet, what actor did he laud for his simplicity in a scene which involved the Nazis, in Chapter 4?
(a) James Stewart.
(b) Humphrey Bogart.
(c) Clifton Hayes.
(d) Carey Grant.
12. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that you will have forsworn the Cult of what for a little while?
13. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the Stoics would advise adhering to the metaphor which relates to what?
(a) Going into battle.
(c) Selling a calf.
(d) Going on a journey.
14. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the task is always the same. Stick with it until you _____.
(a) Find an answer.
(b) Discover the scene's meaning.
(c) Solve it.
(d) Work it out with the crew.
15. According to Mamet at the end of Chapter 5, "Anybody with a _____ can take a picture of a 'pig.'"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the farmer go in the town in the hypothetical film of Chapter 5?
2. What does Mamet say is useless filler in film, and the giveaway to a joke's punch line, in Chapter 5?
3. The rule of circularity says not to do what?
4. What, in Mamet's analogy in Chapter 6, are the marker buoys?
5. According to Mamet, who told us that it's good to have tools that are simple to understand and a very limited number?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)