|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mamet say wove flaws into their blankets to let the devil out?
(a) The Iriquois.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Navahos.
(d) The Mayans.
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the Stoics would advise adhering to the metaphor which relates to what?
(a) Going on a journey.
(b) Going into battle.
(d) Selling a calf.
3. Mamet recommended the book A Practical Handbook for the Actor, written by whom?
(a) Meisner, Adler, et al.
(b) Mamet, Eisenstein, Olnek.
(c) Bruder, Cohn, Olnek, et al.
(d) Bruder, Eisenstein.
4. According to Mamet, what do actors talk about, which does not exist on the stage?
(a) Arc of the film.
5. The rule of circularity says not to do what?
(a) The same thing twice.
(b) Repeat the objective.
(c) Repeat the beginning.
(d) Repeat the narration.
6. What is the subheading of Chapter 4?
(a) Pig - The Movie.
(c) Where Do You Put the Camera?
(d) What to Tell the Actors and Where to Put the Camera.
7. Mamet says that it's not the actor's job to be emotional. It's the actor's job to be what?
(a) In the scene.
(b) In character.
8. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you're ____ in the small things, you will be ____ in the large things.
9. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
(a) The curse.
(c) The plague.
(d) He didn't.
10. The study of what is very useful for directors, according to Mamet?
11. According to Mamet, what actor did he laud for his simplicity in a scene which involved the Nazis, in Chapter 4?
(a) Carey Grant.
(b) Humphrey Bogart.
(c) Clifton Hayes.
(d) James Stewart.
12. What was the last beat about in the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
(a) A man rewards a good deed.
(b) A man sells a goat.
(c) A man saves the day.
(d) A man sells a pig.
13. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, if you persevere, then what method of thinking will become easier for you?
14. What does Mamet say "are all you have" in Chapter 6?
(a) The actors.
(b) The scene.
(c) The shots.
(d) The cuts.
15. When the farmer saw the man on the road, how did Mamet refer to this beat?
(a) Selling the animal.
(b) Gaining a foothold.
(c) Capitalizing on a golden opportunity.
(d) Gaining respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who directed Casablanca?
2. Mamet says that when he was young, actors spent how many years on stage earning a living by the time they were thirty?
3. The purpose of rehearsal is to tell the actors, beat by beat, what?
4. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
5. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that to "Understand your specific task, work until it's done, and then stop" is the same as what?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)