|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapater 6: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet recommended the book A Practical Handbook for the Actor, written by whom?
(a) Mamet, Eisenstein, Olnek.
(b) Meisner, Adler, et al.
(c) Bruder, Eisenstein.
(d) Bruder, Cohn, Olnek, et al.
2. What does Mamet say most modern art is based around?
(d) Political reasons.
3. According to Mamet, film directors should all aspire to be what?
(b) Play directors.
(d) Documentary film-makers.
4. Mamet says in Chapter 6 that to "Understand your specific task, work until it's done, and then stop" is the same as what?
(a) The plot.
(b) The superobjective.
(c) The throughline.
(d) The focus.
5. According to Mamet, it is essential to cut that which has what to us?
(c) Deep personal meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 4, "If you don't know what you want, how can you know when _____?"
3. Mamet says in Chapter 3 that it is the nature of human perception to go to what?
4. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
5. What is the first way suggested by students in the class for shooting a scene of a bunch of people coming to class?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)