|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapater 6: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mamet say wove flaws into their blankets to let the devil out?
(a) The Navahos.
(b) The Mayans.
(c) The Iriquois.
(d) The Cherokee.
2. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
3. What is the book of pictures of shots of a film called?
(a) The set design.
(b) The prompt book.
(c) The storyboard.
(d) The book.
4. Mamet says that it's not the actor's job to be emotional. It's the actor's job to be what?
(c) In the scene.
(d) In character.
5. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that if the film follows the protagonist around, what he does had better be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can you not rely on on to make the film more interesting, according to Mamet in Chapter 6?
2. Who did Mamet compare with Frank Capra in Chapter 3?
3. According to Mamet, when the film is correctly ____, the subconscious and the conscious are in alignment.
4. Who said that the point is what happens to he hero, not what happens to the writer?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)