|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What logical construct did Mamet use to explain the system of film-making in Chapter 3?
(a) If A, then C.
(b) N plus R is P.
(c) If A, then B.
(d) A plus B is C.
2. According to Mamet, when the film is correctly ____, the subconscious and the conscious are in alignment.
3. Sometimes, Mamet says in Chapter 3, the piece (film) will do what?
(a) Create impediments.
(b) Work with you.
(c) Fight back against you.
(d) Create roadblocks.
4. What does Mamet say is the ordering of unrelated events or ideas or images in favor of an overriding preconception?
5. In the scenario in Chapter 2, how early did the protagonist arrive to the class?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mamet compare with Frank Capra in Chapter 3?
2. In ADR, what does D stand for?
3. What are after-the-fact attempts to shore up that which was not correctly designed in a film?
4. Who wrote The Profession of the Stage?
5. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)