|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Alice it didn't matter which road she took, as cited by Mamet in Chapter 2?
(a) The Mad Hatter.
(b) The Caterpillar.
(c) The Rabbit.
(d) The Cheshire Cat.
2. Who did Mamet cite in saying that we needn't avoid things just because they're cliche?
3. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Constantin Stanislavsky.
(d) Bruno Bettelheim.
4. Mamet says in Chapter 4 that movies are made out of what?
(a) Very simple ideas.
(b) Epic dramas.
(c) Elaborate stories.
(d) Heroic struggles.
5. Who said that the point is what happens to he hero, not what happens to the writer?
Short Answer Questions
1. A film is basically what, according to Mamet?
2. According to Mamet, what was his response to "lovely enthusiasts who will aver that the purpose of modern art is not to be liked"?
3. Mamet says in Chapter 3 that it is the nature of human perception to go to what?
4. After how many takes does Mamet say you can no longer remember what the scene was about, in Chapter 4?
5. Sometimes, Mamet says in Chapter 3, the piece (film) will do what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)