|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, what was his response to "lovely enthusiasts who will aver that the purpose of modern art is not to be liked"?
(a) "Let's get it over with."
(b) "Oh, grow up."
(c) "Learn a craft."
(d) "Get a life."
2. Screenwriting is a craft based on what?
3. In what area did Mamet have greater experience in when writing the book?
(a) Film criticism.
(d) Stage directing.
4. What is the rule which Mamet says means "Keep it simple, stupid"?
(a) Film rule.
(b) Idiot rule.
(c) Shooting rule.
(d) KISS rule.
5. What does David Mamet say that the answer to all of the tedious actor questions is?
(b) It doesn't matter.
(c) Based on the objective.
(d) Look at the text.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet, what actor did he laud for his simplicity in a scene which involved the Nazis, in Chapter 4?
2. Who said of American films that they were all "pictures of people talking"?
3. After shooting which take do you not even remember why you were born?
4. How many films had David Mamet directed at the time that the book was written?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, the film business is caught in a spiral of degeneracy because it is run by people who have no what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)