|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet says you should always do things in what way, in order to make the best movie?
(a) The most artistic way.
(b) The most frugal way.
(c) The least interesting way.
(d) The most interesting way.
2. What is the term which refers to the protagonist's immediate goal?
3. Mamet says that the greatest lesson in acting is to perform the physical motions of the script, how?
(a) As succinctly as possible.
(b) As elaborately as possible.
(c) As simply as possible.
(d) As exact as possible.
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, he challenges the way people talk about any performance artist and the way they talk about whom?
(a) Donna Reed.
(b) Humphrey Bogart.
(c) Carey Grant.
(d) James Stewart.
5. In the scene generated for the class in Chapter 2, what did the protagonist want?
(a) To sell a pig.
(b) The students' respect.
(d) The teacher's respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David Mamet say that the answer to all of the tedious actor questions is?
2. Mamet says the reason we like those old-time movie stars so much is that they are what?
3. What kind of camera has helped in injuring the cinema, according to Mamet?
4. The movie, more than what, is closer to simple storytelling?
5. Chair makers, until the turn of the century, made their chairs without what?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)