|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who directed Casablanca?
(a) Miles Herzog.
(b) Frank Capra.
(c) Michael Curtiz.
(d) Milton Gladstone.
2. According to Mamet, film directors should all aspire to be what?
(b) Play directors.
(c) Documentary film-makers.
3. Chair makers, until the turn of the century, made their chairs without what?
4. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
5. What is the rule which Mamet says means "Keep it simple, stupid"?
(a) Film rule.
(b) Shooting rule.
(c) KISS rule.
(d) Idiot rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. All the audience cares about is the what, according to Mamet?
2. The newspaper reviewer criticized an author for attempting screenwriting because he was nearly what?
3. Mamet says that the greatest lesson in acting is to perform the physical motions of the script, how?
4. Who wrote The Profession of the Stage?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, he challenges the way people talk about any performance artist and the way they talk about whom?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)