|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mamet say happens when the problem posited by the scene is over?
(a) The scene is over.
(b) The film is over.
(c) The objective is attained.
(d) The next scene begins.
2. The newspaper reviewer criticized an author for attempting screenwriting because he was nearly what?
3. What unit does the director want to concern himself with?
(a) The shot.
(b) The beat.
(c) The film.
(d) The scene.
4. According to Mamet, what actor did he laud for his simplicity in a scene which involved the Nazis, in Chapter 4?
(a) James Stewart.
(b) Humphrey Bogart.
(c) Carey Grant.
(d) Clifton Hayes.
5. The purpose of rehearsal is to tell the actors, beat by beat, what?
(a) The characterization.
(b) The objectives.
(c) The actions called for.
(d) The emotions needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometimes, Mamet says in Chapter 3, the piece (film) will do what?
2. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is "the scene"?
3. In what area did Mamet have greater experience in when writing the book?
4. After how many takes does Mamet say you can no longer remember what the scene was about, in Chapter 4?
5. According to Mamet, what do actors talk about, which does not exist on the stage?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)