|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, most movie scripts are written for an audience of what?
(b) Studio executives.
2. What is the subheading of Chapter 4?
(b) Pig - The Movie.
(c) What to Tell the Actors and Where to Put the Camera.
(d) Where Do You Put the Camera?
3. Who said of American films that they were all "pictures of people talking"?
(b) Alfred Hitchcock.
(c) Frank Capra.
4. What is the term which refers to the protagonist's immediate goal?
5. A film is basically what, according to Mamet?
(a) A map.
(b) An art form.
(c) A play.
(d) A design.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet says in Chapter 3 that it is the nature of human perception to go to what?
2. According to Mamet, you always want to tell a story in what?
3. What does David Mamet say that the answer to all of the tedious actor questions is?
4. According to Mamet, he lived in a house that was how many years old at the time this book was written?
5. What is the rule which Mamet says means "Keep it simple, stupid"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)