|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the third beat about in the hypothetical film in Chapter 2?
2. What was Hitchcock's phrase for the thing which the protagonist is chasing?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, "You tax the audience every time you don't move on to _______ of the progression as quickly as possible."
(a) The next essential step.
(b) The action.
(c) The MacGuffin.
(d) The essential truth.
4. The movie, more than what, is closer to simple storytelling?
(a) A television show.
(b) A play.
(c) A novel.
(d) A memoir.
5. What logical construct did Mamet use to explain the system of film-making in Chapter 3?
(a) If A, then C.
(b) N plus R is P.
(c) If A, then B.
(d) A plus B is C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Mamet, is the answer to, "Where do we put the camera?"
2. In the scenario in Chapter 2, how early did the protagonist arrive to the class?
3. The second beat of the hypothetical scene in Chapter 2 was to what?
4. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
5. According to Mamet, when the film is correctly ____, the subconscious and the conscious are in alignment.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)