|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What logical construct did Mamet use to explain the system of film-making in Chapter 3?
(a) A plus B is C.
(b) If A, then B.
(c) If A, then C.
(d) N plus R is P.
2. Who did Mamet cite in saying that we needn't avoid things just because they're cliche?
3. Mamet says that the house has to look like a house. The ______ doesn't have to look like a house.
(a) The steps.
(b) The window.
(c) The door.
4. What does Mamet say most modern art is based around?
(c) Political reasons.
5. Mamet says that the greatest lesson in acting is to perform the physical motions of the script, how?
(a) As elaborately as possible.
(b) As simply as possible.
(c) As succinctly as possible.
(d) As exact as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet made the analogy in Chapter 4, "if the house is going to stand, the nail must do the work of ____."
2. According to Mamet, when the film is correctly ____, the subconscious and the conscious are in alignment.
3. Who characterized the notion of "judge of yourself"?
4. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
5. A good writer only gets better by learning to do what, according to Mamet?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)