|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet says that the greatest lesson in acting is to perform the physical motions of the script, how?
(a) As elaborately as possible.
(b) As succinctly as possible.
(c) As exact as possible.
(d) As simply as possible.
2. According to Mamet, the director is seen as what kind of extension of the screenwriter?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, he challenges the way people talk about any performance artist and the way they talk about whom?
(a) Donna Reed.
(b) James Stewart.
(c) Humphrey Bogart.
(d) Carey Grant.
4. Mamet's house was built without what?
5. What term means a filmmaker, usually a director, who exercises creative control over his or her works and has a strong personal style?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Write the story, take out all the good lines, and see if it still works"?
2. Who characterized the notion of "judge of yourself"?
3. Chapter 1 deals with what element of the process of directing?
4. Mamet wrote, "Most _____ directors approach it by saying, 'let's follow the actors around,' as if the film were a record of what the protagonist did."
5. What is the term for the screening of the day's shots?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)