|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first way suggested by students in the class for shooting a scene of a bunch of people coming to class?
(a) From above.
(b) From below.
(c) At head level.
(d) As a closeup.
2. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that if the film follows the protagonist around, what he does had better be what?
3. Chair makers, until the turn of the century, made their chairs without what?
4. According to Mamet, film directors should all aspire to be what?
(c) Play directors.
(d) Documentary film-makers.
5. The second beat of the hypothetical scene in Chapter 2 was to what?
(a) To gain respect.
(b) To arrive early.
(c) To prepare.
(d) To pay homage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subheading of Chapter 4?
2. Counterculture architecture was based on designing buildings based on what?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, the film business is caught in a spiral of degeneracy because it is run by people who have no what?
4. All the audience cares about is the what, according to Mamet?
5. What does Mamet say is the ordering of unrelated events or ideas or images in favor of an overriding preconception?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)