|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Tasks of the Director.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet says that if you are telling the story with pictures, the dialogue is the sprinkles on the what?
(a) Ice cream cone.
2. What is the period after you've finished the shot list and before you go into shooting?
(a) Designer Meetings.
3. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
(a) Rutgers University.
4. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is the meaning of the beat?
(a) To arrive early.
(b) To get a retraction.
(c) To gain respect.
(d) To prepare.
5. According to Mamet, he lived in a house that was how many years old at the time this book was written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hitchcock's phrase for the thing which the protagonist is chasing?
2. What is the term for the screening of the day's shots?
3. Mamet says that when he was young, actors spent how many years on stage earning a living by the time they were thirty?
4. Who characterized the notion of "judge of yourself"?
5. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)