|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pig—The Movie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mamet say happens when the problem posited by the scene is over?
(a) The scene is over.
(b) The film is over.
(c) The next scene begins.
(d) The objective is attained.
2. What is the first way suggested by students in the class for shooting a scene of a bunch of people coming to class?
(a) As a closeup.
(b) At head level.
(c) From below.
(d) From above.
3. What did the farmer do in Mamet's version of the ending in Chapter 5?
(a) Bought feed for the pig.
(b) Bought a second pig.
(c) Sold the pig.
(d) Sold the goat.
4. What term means a filmmaker, usually a director, who exercises creative control over his or her works and has a strong personal style?
5. What did Stanislavsky say is needed alone to support the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a progression toward the simplest, most ordered state, according to Mamet in Chapter 2?
2. Which chapter did Mamet recommend the students read in, A Practical Handbook for the Actor?
3. Who did Mamet compare with Frank Capra in Chapter 3?
4. A film is basically what, according to Mamet?
5. Chair makers, until the turn of the century, made their chairs without what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)