|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pig—The Movie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main shot of any given scene?
(a) The focus.
(b) The main.
(c) The master.
(d) The principle.
2. Chair makers, until the turn of the century, made their chairs without what?
3. What is a progression toward the simplest, most ordered state, according to Mamet in Chapter 2?
4. Who said the following: when we have two theories, each of which adequately describes a phenomenon, always pick the simpler?
(b) William of Occam.
5. Where did the farmer go in the town in the hypothetical film of Chapter 5?
(a) The seed store.
(b) The slaughterhouse.
(c) The farm.
(d) The farmer's market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dumbo's problem, according to Mamet?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, the only thing the dramatic form is good for is what?
3. What does Mamet say is useless filler in film, and the giveaway to a joke's punch line, in Chapter 5?
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, why did Oedipus have to find out who his parents were?
5. Who did Mamet compare with Frank Capra in Chapter 3?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)