|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does chapter X primarily consist?
2. What did the doctors do who did attend Kubler-Ross's seminars?
3. How old was Mrs. S. when she was interviewed?
4. What are the two characteristics that Kubler-Ross notes of a peaceful passing?
5. How old is the girl whose parents informed her of her disease instead of the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the seminars give terminal patients an excuse to do?
2. What did Kubler-Ross and her team do to try and help Mr. Y.?
3. How does the hospital staff initially respond to Kubler-Ross's seminars?
4. What was the most frustrating part of the last patient's illness?
5. What does death seem like to a five-year-old child?
6. What was Mr. Y.'s biggest complaint while his wife was sick?
7. How did the nursing staff treat the terminal ward of the hospital before Kubler-Ross's seminars?
8. Why does the mother of the small girl want to put her son in an institutionalized home when she dies?
9. What was the occupation of Mr. Y.?
10. Why were some of the doctors so hostile towards Kubler-Ross and her staff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare/contrast the types of people who have a hard time reaching acceptance and those who get there much faster. What sorts of things determine the rate at which a patient will reach acceptance? Please provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. S. was a dynamic woman who had faced many different trials in her life. What were these trials, and how did they affect her ability to grieve properly?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the experience of the Catholic nun, and explain why this lengthy interview was included in the book.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)