|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do most terminal patients bargain?
(a) Their doctor.
(d) Their family.
2. The author says, "We should speak as openly about death as we do about... " what?
(a) The beauties of nature.
(b) Our emotions in other areas.
(c) The expectation of a new baby.
(d) What we did at work that day.
3. What usually accompanies depression in the terminally ill patient?
(a) Despair and sadness.
(b) The beginning of acceptance.
(c) Shame and guilt.
4. Why do some terminal patients never reach the final stage of grief?
(a) Their families will not let them let go.
(b) They feel it is unnecessary.
(c) They run out of time.
(d) They fight their mortality to the death.
5. As what did Mr. J. refer to his small happy moments?
(a) Bits and pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comfort did the dentist find while facing his death?
2. What has Kubler-Ross and her team done for years that provides comfort for terminal patients?
3. Who makes up Kubler-Ross's research team?
4. What does Kubler-Ross observe about patients who get the chance to express themselves before death?
5. To what does Kubler-Ross wish we could return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who told the seventeen-year-old girl about the severity of her condition?
2. Why did the nursing staff treat the terminal ward the way that they did before Kubler-Ross's seminars?
3. What is the third stage of grief?
4. For whom does the courageous female patient feel sorry?
5. Why were some of the doctors so hostile towards Kubler-Ross and her staff?
6. What is the single most common thing that terminal patients become angry about?
7. How does Kubler-Ross say death can be for the patient who is ready to meet it?
8. At whom was the last patient in the book so angry?
9. Why does the wife of the patient in chapter VI resent her husband?
10. What did Kubler-Ross and her team do to try and help Mr. Y.?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)