|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are doctors primarily trained to do for terminal patients?
(a) Relieve suffering.
(b) Prolong life.
(c) Provide moral and spiritual support.
(d) Ease the passing.
2. Why is Kubler-Ross so shocked at American's inability to accept death?
(a) She did not expect it.
(b) People in Europe handle it much differently.
(c) Americans are so educated.
(d) Our culture has digressed in this area while advancing in many others.
3. What comfort did the dentist find while facing his death?
(a) His logistical details were taken care of.
(b) He knew researchers were close to a cure.
(c) He would be with the Lord.
(d) His wife and family knew that he loved them.
4. Why was the medical's staff description of the patient in chapter VI so surprising to Kubler-Ross and her team?
(a) He was very respectful and helpful.
(b) He seemed very sweet and accommodating.
(c) He spoke at length about his feelings.
(d) He had many visitors around the clock.
5. What is the first stage of the grieving process?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some terminal patients never psychologically do before they die?
2. What is at the core of Kubler-Ross's studies on death and dying?
3. What usually accompanies depression in the terminally ill patient?
4. How many times was the nun admitted to the hospital?
5. For what did the nun become an advocate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the patient in chapter VIII?
2. What does the dentist have hope for up until the day he dies?
3. What does Kubler-Ross say should be the first concern of doctors?
4. What does depression in terminal patients replace?
5. What is the name of the patient in chapter VI?
6. From what was the Catholic nun suffering?
7. What are doctors primarily trained to do?
8. What is the most common reaction to learning of a terminal illness?
9. Why did the patient in chapter III become so unruly for the medical staff?
10. Why does the wife of the patient in chapter VI resent her husband?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)