|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kubler-Ross say Americans view death?
(a) As a reason to pull away from people we love in order to avoid pain.
(b) As a negative and malicious thing that takes our loved ones away.
(c) As an ending and cessation.
(d) As the end of hope.
2. Over what had the patient in chapter VI been repressing grief?
(a) The death of his daughter.
(b) His strained relationship with his wife.
(c) The death of his parents.
(d) His strained relationship with his parents.
3. How was the patient in chapter VI described by the medical staff?
4. What does Kubler-Ross think doctors should do for terminal patients?
(a) Provide moral and spiritual support.
(b) Relieve suffering.
(c) Prolong life.
(d) Ease the passing.
5. What usually accompanies depression in the terminally ill patient?
(a) Shame and guilt.
(b) The beginning of acceptance.
(c) Despair and sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terminal disease does the nun in chapter IV have?
2. What do most people do to cheer terminal patients that often makes the depression worse?
3. What finally allows the nun to come to terms with her anger?
4. About what is the patient in chapter VI most depressed?
5. When should a doctor discuss death with a terminal patient?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kubler-Ross counsel family members to respond to their terminally ill loved ones who are in denial?
2. Why did some of the terminal patients ask for a second interview with Kubler-Ross and her team?
3. Why did the patient in chapter III become so unruly for the medical staff?
4. What kind of students make up Kubler-Ross's team?
5. What is the second stage of grief?
6. What is the name of the patient in chapter VI?
7. What does Kubler-Ross say has caused our modern fear of death?
8. What was so surprising to Kubler-Ross about America's general fear of death?
9. What is the name of the patient in chapter VIII?
10. What is the most common reaction to learning of a terminal illness?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)