|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is usually the real miracle for a terminal patient?
(a) Seeing how many people their lives have touched.
(b) Finding acceptance.
(c) Being healed.
(d) Being grateful.
2. What is the biggest relief to an angry patient?
(a) Writing his or her feelings.
(b) Suppressing his or her feelings until they go away.
(c) Being separated from people for a time.
(d) Expressing his or her anger.
3. What does Kubler-Ross think doctors should do for terminal patients?
(a) Relieve suffering.
(b) Ease the passing.
(c) Prolong life.
(d) Provide moral and spiritual support.
4. Why did some patients ask Kubler-Ross and her team for a second interview?
(a) They liked being able to talk to someone.
(b) They wanted to give them money.
(c) They had other people with whom they wanted Kubler-Ross to speak.
(d) They wanted to express their true feelings.
5. What do we need to strengthen the most in ourselves, according to Kubler-Ross?
(a) Our support systems.
(b) Our physical strength.
(c) Our emotional stability.
(d) Our ability to tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the core of Kubler-Ross's studies on death and dying?
2. What ironic example of our deluded ideas towards death does Dr, Kubler-Ross give in chapter II?
3. What does Mr. J. say that every terminally ill patient has?
4. How does Kubler-Ross say Americans view death?
5. From whom does Kubler-Ross say we should never hide the truth of death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the hospice team help the wife of the patient in chapter VI to do?
2. What is the most common reaction to learning of a terminal illness?
3. What does Kubler-Ross say we should use to treat patients with terminal illnesses?
4. From what was the Catholic nun suffering?
5. What are the two kinds of depression that terminal patients can experience?
6. Why does the wife of the patient in chapter VI resent her husband?
7. What is the third stage of grief?
8. What kind of students make up Kubler-Ross's team?
9. Who helped the nun remember her religious strength?
10. What are doctors primarily trained to do?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)