|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up Kubler-Ross's research team?
(a) Some medical students and herself.
(b) Some psychology students and herself.
(c) Some top-of-the line social workers and herself.
(d) Some theology students and herself.
2. Why was Mrs. W. unable to reach the stage of acceptance when she was ready?
(a) Her husband would not let her.
(b) She died suddenly.
(c) She felt guilty.
(d) Her children were too upset.
3. How was the patient in chapter VI described by the medical staff?
4. What do we need to strengthen the most in ourselves, according to Kubler-Ross?
(a) Our support systems.
(b) Our physical strength.
(c) Our emotional stability.
(d) Our ability to tell the truth.
5. What has caused us to fear a violent and catastrophic death, according to Kubler-Ross?
(a) The dramatized violent scenes in movies and on TV.
(b) Rising crime rates.
(c) The reality of constant warfare.
(d) Rumors of weapons of mass destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about doctors who express hope to their terminal patients?
2. What is the fastest way to strip terminal patients of their dignity?
3. How did Mrs. W.'s husband see her acceptance of death?
4. Why do most patients enter the third stage of grief?
5. What point was reiterated in the story of Mr. and Mrs. W.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are doctors primarily trained to do?
2. What does death seem like to a five-year-old child?
3. What is the name of the patient in chapter VI?
4. How did the nursing staff treat the terminal ward of the hospital before Kubler-Ross's seminars?
5. What does the dentist have hope for up until the day he dies?
6. Why did the nursing staff treat the terminal ward the way that they did before Kubler-Ross's seminars?
7. At whom was the last patient in the book so angry?
8. From what was the Catholic nun suffering?
9. Why did some of the terminal patients ask for a second interview with Kubler-Ross and her team?
10. What are some of the losses that Mrs. S. suffered before getting her terminal illness?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)