|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kubler-Ross observe about patients who get the chance to express themselves before death?
(a) Their families are more troubled.
(b) They have a hard time finding true acceptance.
(c) They find comfort but hold on too long.
(d) They die with peace and dignity.
2. What tends to be of great relief to terminal patients?
3. What is the name of the terminal patient interviewed in chapter VI?
(a) Mr. H.
(b) Dr. D.
(c) Mr. D.
(d) Mrs. H.
4. How does Kubler-Ross say Americans view death?
(a) As a negative and malicious thing that takes our loved ones away.
(b) As an ending and cessation.
(c) As the end of hope.
(d) As a reason to pull away from people we love in order to avoid pain.
5. What is the fifth stage of grief?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some terminal patients never psychologically do before they die?
2. What is not necessary to do when a patient is unable to accept reality?
3. Who are described by Kubler-Ross as the "most desperate of all'?
4. What is the major discrepancy that exists in almost every case of terminal illness?
5. The author says, "We should speak as openly about death as we do about... " what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the patient in chapter VI?
2. From what is the dentist suffering?
3. About what do most terminal patients become depressed?
4. What are doctors primarily trained to do?
5. What was so surprising to Kubler-Ross about America's general fear of death?
6. What are the two kinds of depression that terminal patients can experience?
7. What does the hospice team help the wife of the patient in chapter VI to do?
8. What is the second stage of grief?
9. What does Kubler-Ross think we rely on to help those with terminal illnesses?
10. What does depression in terminal patients replace?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)