|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What negative effect can come from encouraging a terminal patient?
(a) Depresses him or her.
(b) Creates despair and hopelessness.
(c) Disrupts the process of preparing for death.
(d) Makes him or her feel guilty for not being able to endure.
2. When should a doctor discuss death with a terminal patient?
(a) Long before it arrives.
(b) When there is no other option.
(c) When family is present to offer support.
(d) When there is a definite timespan.
3. Of what does Kubler-Ross think bargaining is a sign?
(a) Future suicidal tendencies.
(b) Past abuse.
(c) Unresolved guilt.
(d) Irrational fear.
4. Why did some patients ask Kubler-Ross and her team for a second interview?
(a) They wanted to give them money.
(b) They wanted to express their true feelings.
(c) They had other people with whom they wanted Kubler-Ross to speak.
(d) They liked being able to talk to someone.
5. What is the first stage of the grieving process?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. J. end up teaching Kubler-Ross?
2. What does Dr. Kubler-Ross blame for the increased fear of death and dying?
3. What does Kubler-Ross state that most terminal patients hope to be?
4. Who causes the nun to examine her faith?
5. What is the major discrepancy that exists in almost every case of terminal illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are doctors primarily trained to do?
2. What does Kubler-Ross think we rely on to help those with terminal illnesses?
3. What is the most common reaction to learning of a terminal illness?
4. What does Kubler-Ross say that hope can do for a terminally ill patient?
5. What does depression in terminal patients replace?
6. What was so surprising to Kubler-Ross about America's general fear of death?
7. Why did some of the terminal patients ask for a second interview with Kubler-Ross and her team?
8. What kind of students make up Kubler-Ross's team?
9. Why did the patient in chapter III become so unruly for the medical staff?
10. From what was the Catholic nun suffering?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)