|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What usually accompanies depression in the terminally ill patient?
(b) Shame and guilt.
(c) The beginning of acceptance.
(d) Despair and sadness.
2. What does Kubler-Ross tell the clergy that their tools for helping the terminally ill really are?
(a) A way to hide the real truth from themselves and the patients.
(b) A way to keep the patient from entering the stage of acceptance.
(c) A way to earn the trust of the patient and undermine the doctors.
(d) A way to appear wiser than their medical doctors.
3. Of what does Kubler-Ross think bargaining is a sign?
(a) Past abuse.
(b) Future suicidal tendencies.
(c) Irrational fear.
(d) Unresolved guilt.
4. What is the fourth stage of grief?
5. What does Kubler-Ross say usually helps a great deal in the depression stage of grief?
(a) Time and space.
(b) Some time away from the hospital.
(c) Arranging all the logistical details.
(d) Expressing their feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do children at age three view death?
2. What negative effect can come from encouraging a terminal patient?
3. What is a child's main fear before age three?
4. Who has become like a sister to Mrs. S. through all of her trials?
5. What sustains the young girl in chapter X through her illness?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)