|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Mrs. S. live her life?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her beloved parents.
(c) Her two sons.
(d) Her sickly spouse.
2. About what was Mr. J. angry?
(a) His family's lack of support.
(b) The slow process of his death.
(c) Living a good life and being rewarded with a terminal illness.
(d) The lack of a cure for his illness.
3. How many times was the nun admitted to the hospital?
4. What did Mr. W. arrange for his wife when she reached the stage of acceptance?
(a) A final meeting with her children and grandchildren.
(b) A lawyer to make out her will.
(c) An additional surgery.
(d) A chance to speak with Dr. Kubler-Ross.
5. What is not necessary to do when a patient is unable to accept reality?
(a) Moving on with the necessary items.
(b) Letting him or her remain in denial.
(c) Working to prolong his or her life.
(d) Talking about the terminal nature of his or her disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some terminal patients never psychologically do before they die?
2. For what did the nun become an advocate?
3. What does the author Cicely Saunders say about terminally ill patients?
4. To what does Kubler-Ross wish we could return?
5. What comforted the woman who was afraid in chapter IX?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)