|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kubler-Ross say that we are really denying when we refuse to accept a terminal illness in someone we love?
(a) Our own mortality.
(b) The hope of an after-life.
(c) Our fear and longing.
(d) That the bonds of love will last.
2. How does Kubler-Ross say Americans view death?
(a) As an ending and cessation.
(b) As a negative and malicious thing that takes our loved ones away.
(c) As a reason to pull away from people we love in order to avoid pain.
(d) As the end of hope.
3. What do most terminal patients promise to do while in the third stage of grief?
(a) Help the cause of researching their disease.
(b) Repent of all their past sins.
(c) Never ask for anything again.
(d) Dedicate their lives to God.
4. What does Kubler-Ross say we should pay the closest attention to about a terminal patient?
(a) His or her fear.
(b) His or her feelings.
(c) His or her family.
(d) His or her pain.
5. What creates the greatest amount of stress for a terminal patient?
(a) Feeling that they are abandoning loved ones.
(b) Looking death in the face.
(c) Losing control of one's environment.
(d) Being a useless member of society.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Kubler-Ross wish we could return?
2. What do some terminal patients never psychologically do before they die?
3. How many times was the nun admitted to the hospital?
4. With whom do most terminal patients bargain?
5. What has taken away a great deal of comfort for those struggling with a terminal illness, according to Kubler-Ross?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)