|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some terminal patients never psychologically do before they die?
(a) Arrange their worldy things.
(b) Find peace in their souls.
(c) Accept the reality of their upcoming death.
(d) Make amends with their family members.
2. What kind of terminal patient gets less attention and visits, even from the hospital staff?
(a) A patient with a contagious disease.
(b) A patient with no family.
(c) A patient close to death.
(d) An angry patient.
3. What is not necessary to do when a patient is unable to accept reality?
(a) Letting him or her remain in denial.
(b) Moving on with the necessary items.
(c) Working to prolong his or her life.
(d) Talking about the terminal nature of his or her disease.
4. From whom does Kubler-Ross say we should never hide the truth of death?
(a) The loved ones.
(c) The patient.
5. Why is Kubler-Ross so shocked at American's inability to accept death?
(a) People in Europe handle it much differently.
(b) Our culture has digressed in this area while advancing in many others.
(c) She did not expect it.
(d) Americans are so educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kubler-Ross say will help us examine our own reactions and behaviors?
2. What terminal disease does the nun in chapter IV have?
3. When should a doctor discuss death with a terminal patient?
4. To what other psychological ailment is denial related?
5. What does Dr. Kubler-Ross blame for the increased fear of death and dying?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)